weekly food shop

Usually around 50-60 and that's for me, dh and toddler and including cleaning products, shampoo and toiletries etc.

We shop at Aldi now, which seems to have saved us a good 15 a week from when we went to other supermarkets.

I usually buy value products and work out what meals don't cost too much. I also make big portions of home-made food like shepherds pie etc. and freeze it. I also do a lot of meals with rice etc.

Also I have found it helps to make sure there's always some really quick meal alternatives in the freezer like ready meals or a pizza etc. because I'd always buy ingredients for home-made meals only and when the odd evenings came where I just couldn't be bothered, we'd always end up having a take-away so it helps to have some really easy no-preperation food for those times. xx

I spend about £80-£100 a week for 2 adults 2 babies and a dog.

We could cut it down but i like food atm...and if im gonna be stuck to the sofa BF then i want cake and quick dinners.

But if your looking how to cut it down try find some one with a macro/costco card and buy cleaning/house/cupboard stuff in bulk. Or do online shopping helps you meal plan.

Not sure, big shop is done in Sainsbury's or Tesco but I pick up stuff like fresh fruit and other bits and bobs during the week at M&S which I know adds up. Maybe around £160 per week.

We usually spend around £75 per week for a family of 7, it used to be between £60-£65 but everything has gone up so much. Last two shops we spent over £100 but this is unusual for us. Could never spend £160 and not sure how people manage it? We don't drink nor do we eat any animal products so we save a lot there, we mostly cook from scratch but we do have occasional treats like Swedish glacé ice cream, coyo coconut yoghurt, dairy free chocolate spread etc. We rarely buy crisps and snacks. We shop at Sainsbury's and Ocado mostly. Don't live near the so-called 'hard discounters' and find carefully shopping special offers in normal supermarkets works out cheaper for what we buy, personally. We buy a mixture of value ranges, normal own brand ranges, and the odd organic or 'premium' own brand product. We buy the Sainsbury's basics nappies as they do the job and contain less gel and chemicals than branded nappies, branded nappies give my LOs a rash and I don't find them particularly absorbent.xx

We spend approx €90-€100 p.w for 2 adults & 1 toddler still in nappies, the price of food here (Ireland) is gone very expensive, I can't seem to get it any lower, I shop in Aldi for most things but always end up buying few more bits in Tescos as I prefer some of their brands, especially LO's yogurts, the odd Ella's toddler pouch, pampers nappies & wipes & maybe a sneaky bottle of wine if I can stretch to it:happydance:

£40 a week here, some much less! We meal plan and only buy what we need (need to as I'm on slimming world).

We only buy fresh stuff and everything is done from scratch.

Those who want to reduce why don't you post what you bought last time so we can offer tips?

I just want to add that tomorrow morning is when my food shop is delivered and i literally have enough food for dinner and tea today. This isn't bad shopping as many people think its good shopping i don't waste anything.When i use to spend £100 i would have loads of food left over by my next shopping day. Most of it went out of date and thrown away. Its really easy to shop cheaper but you have to be honest with what your throwing away. I dont buy value stuff and my shop is still £40-£50. In my £45 shop this week ive got a £7 steak in it.Plus most of my veg is organic. Meal plan for a few weeks and then you'll start shopping cheaper as you'll see what you don't need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->