weight gain calculator!

The breakdown is just the average, not accurate for overweight or underweight. i'm underweight and it gives me the same breakdown.

My stats: 5 feet, 5 inches tall

Pre-PG
95 lbs
BMI 16
underweight

18 weeks pregnant
101 lbs
BMI 17
2 lbs under according to the calculator (but I DID set it for 18 weeks, and I'm not 18 weeks until Wed)

This week you should weigh between: 103 and 105 lbs

You are 2 pounds under the lower end of of your target weight range. During your first trimester, you should gain between 3 and 5 lbs.. Thereafter, you should be gaining 2 lbs. per week until the end of your pregnancy.

At full term (40 weeks pregnant) you should weigh between: 123 and 135 lbs
Total Target Weight Gain: 28 to 40 lbs.

How am I supposed to gain 2 lbs per week? that seems like a LOT!!

Haha oh dear!

"You are 11 pounds under the lower end of of your target weight range. During your first trimester, you should gain between 1 and 2 lbs.. Thereafter, you should be gaining 0.5 lbs. per week until the end of your pregnancy."

Better get eating! XX

Oh and can I add, it thinks I am obese? Look at my avatar, I'm no size 10 but obese! Lol!!

lol i am in the obese category.... if i laugh i will fall off my chair... obese my ass

yay thanks for sharing this link...i'm -4lb at the moment! which is great because last pregnancy i gained ALOT of weight! x

I am spot on. 11lb weight gain from an original BMI of 20.

I'm so jealous of you all, You all seem to be doing great, or at least better than me!:dohh:

I gained a crazy amount with my daughter. Over 90lbs. and was ever so lucky as to lose every pound of it !!
This time around my midwife is really on me about weight gain. so I feel horrible every time I have to make my little trip to the bathroom and tell her my weight afterward. Seriously ready to start lying!

I'm obese and I'm way under. I'm still under my pre-pregnancy weight. So I guess I need to eat more!

I am 12lbs under what I should be and weigh less now than when I first fell pregnant.

The Hyperemesis did have a plus side after all lol

I'm EXACTLY the same...12 pounds under...I had Hyperemesis also...

I'm obese (and have to say I'm surprised the calculator didn't add the 'm' adjective to obese, lol!)

It says my weight gain is 8lbs behind... advised me to eat more calories. Truly I don't see how thats possible!! :rofl: The only way I could eat more calories is if I ate nothing but cheesecake and I'm sure thats not recommended!

Anyway, my doctor wants me to keep my weight gain as low as possible, is thrilled with my weight gain so far and would probably be upset if I was 'on target'
I agree about the pressure being too much on women who are overweight.. I've been incredibly lucky to not gain much so far so my docs are happy but I'm not limiting what I eat at all, I just make sure some of it is healthy (and I don't feel good unless I eat some healthy things). I may catch up and gain the right amount by the end, who knows!

Holy cow...I am 8 pounds over my target weight...dang you for showing us this! Just kidding, but seriously I am not liking that...:(

I says I am 14 lbs over! OMG :cry:

I truly do not see how I've gained 14 extra pounds... I mean, I know how I did, but I'm not sure where it's hiding??? :cry::cry:

I just really shocked myself when I weighted myself (1st time I'd stepped on the scales since my booking in appointment) to find that I'd gained 1 STONE!! :nope: :cry:
But when I put my details into the calculator thing...It said I'm only 1lb above what they recommend! So I suppose its not too bad! But from now on I will definitely be being eating a lot more carefully! :flower:

woohoo! I am right on target at 8lb weight gain for 18 weeks. I thought I was HUGE!

these are my stats:

Weight 137 lbs.
Height 5 ft. 9 in.
BMI (Body Mass Index) 20
Weight Status average
Current Weight Stats
Weight 145 lbs.
BMI (Body Mass Index) 21
Weeks Pregnant 18
Total Weight Gained 8 lbs.

Where Do I Stand With My 8 lb Weight Gain?
Based on your pre-pregnancy weight of 137 lbs., we calculated your BMI to be 20, which is considered average according to the Institute of Medicine of the National Academies. This week you should weigh between:

144 and 146 lbs

Congratulations! You are right on target for a healthy weight gain during your pregnancy! During your first trimester, you should gain between 2 and 4 lbs.. Thereafter, you should be gaining 1 lbs. per week until the end of your pregnancy.

At full term (40 weeks pregnant) you should weigh between:

162 and 172 lbs
Total Target Weight Gain: 25 to 35 lbs.

I would take things like this with a pinch of salt.

Some calculater cant tell you how much weight your should be. Everyone is different, your babys will all be different sizes, youll have different fat stores, different amounts of increased blood and different amounts of waters.

I always think pregnancy is the one time we can not worry about our weight and as long as your baby is growing well does it matter if you weigh 4lbs more then you should?

I would take things like this with a pinch of salt.

Some calculater cant tell you how much weight your should be. Everyone is different, your babys will all be different sizes, youll have different fat stores, different amounts of increased blood and different amounts of waters.

I always think pregnancy is the one time we can not worry about our weight and as long as your baby is growing well does it matter if you weigh 4lbs more then you should?

Well said :)

It says that im over weight but im a size 10?!?!??! Maybe im a size 12 now ive got a bump but the calculator says im defo over weight - not impressed!!ha xx

Here's mine. Im not too bothered really as Im quite overweight anyways and I have a definite bump going on. I have been eating healthier since I got pregnant.

Based on your pre-pregnancy weight of 218 lbs., we calculated your BMI to be 37, which is considered obese according to the Institute of Medicine of the National Academies. This week you should weigh between:

220 and 221 lbs

You are 3 pounds under the lower end of of your target weight range. During your first trimester, you should gain between 1 and 2 lbs.. Thereafter, you should be gaining 0.5 lbs. per week until the end of your pregnancy.

At full term (40 weeks pregnant) you should weigh between:

229 and 238 lbs
Total Target Weight Gain: 11 to 20 lbs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back