Weight gain

Secret_k

Reaction score
How much weight are you "meant" to gain in the 1st tri?

Just a random questions while in waiting for tea to cook lol

I think it varies depending on what you weigh prior to pregnancy, some women experience cravings and no food aversions so it would make sense that they gain weight. Some women actually lose weight because of food aversions and morning sickness, and some women just stay the same weight.

I am sorry I couldn't give you an exact number.

Everyone's different but it would be pretty normal to gain 3-5 pounds in first tri. However, some women lose due to me or food versions and others gain more due to constant cravings/ hunger pangs. The thing is very little weight gain at this stage can be attributed to the baby as it still weighs next to nothing at this stage!

I lost 8 lbs first trimester but every woman is different. Your doctor should look at your current weight and tell you how much they want you to gain through the pregnancy.

From everything I have read it's anywhere between 1-5 pounds. I have gained about 3 because healthy food makes me nauseous.

They say that a glass of milk more than what you normally eat (per day) is what you need to support your feotus in the first trimester... And in calories this means about 3 lbs. I'm sure losing some or gaining more isn't alarming either though!

Everyones different i thinks its normal to lose wieght in the first tri, iv gained 5 pounds already and im only 7 weeks reading the comments that seems like a lot! Haha

I've gained 2lb and Doctor said it's too early to gain.

Same thing happened in first pregnancy, I gained 5lb in the first Tri and Doc was mad ((

I have lost 21 lbs and show no signs of slowing down yet. I started out quite heavy at 264 lbs in early June. If this nausea keeps up, I might drop another 20. I literally eat nothing but a prenatal shake and small dinner. As long as you are getting nutrients, weight gain and loss is not as important at the beginning, it really depends on your BMI when starting out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->