weight loss - lets hold each other accountable! (Lets face ot OH doesn't get it)

They were and tonight I'm having chocolate chip cookies.

Love it! Chocolate chip cookies are the best!

I'm finishing off my birthday cake with a side of rum and coke tonight. Guess I'm eating at maintenance calories for the day. :haha: (thankfully I got some DDR time in earlier!)

I saw the cupcake in the other thread - love that idea for gender reveal. They looked yummy! Congrats on getting a baby niece to spoil soon! :happydance:

Today I bought cheese and crackers to have as a snack during the week. I'm tired of granola bars. There good but I want to try something else.

Nom nom! I did much better today, and got 10k steps in. Decided to wear Leia's metal bikini to the convention in April, so that's motivated me to eat better and exercise more. :haha:

Have you tried hardboiled eggs?

Nom nom! I did much better today, and got 10k steps in. Decided to wear Leia's metal bikini to the convention in April, so that's motivated me to eat better and exercise more. :haha:

I LOVE hardboiled eggs, particularly the 6 min egg that is cooked in hot water in 6 min flat, and eaten warm. Mmmm P:

I LOVE hardboiled eggs, particularly the 6 min egg that is cooked in hot water in 6 min flat, and eaten warm. Mmmm P:

Same! I cannot make them to save my life though, so I have to get DH to do them for me. The secret to a good hardboiled just eludes me. :cry:

Same! I cannot make them to save my life though, so I have to get DH to do them for me. The secret to a good hardboiled just eludes me. :cry:

Haha, ok here's what I do, take a small pot of water and turn the stove top on to its highest setting. While waiting for the water to heat up, place the egg or eggs in a cup of warm water so the boiling water in the pot won't shock it and split or crack the shell. Once the water is at a full rolling boil, gently place the egg/s in. I use a slotted spoon so I won't burn my fingers. Cover and set the timer for 6 mins. That's it :)

Thanks, I'll have to try it! Now I want some eggs :haha:

Day Two of the 30 Day Shred complete, and it hurts to lift my legs. All I want is a beer and another cake :rofl:

I'll have the cake and you can keep the beer. :haha: I do like hard boiled eggs but I've never made them before.

Deal! :haha: Although tonight I'm having half a rum and coke while licking leftover brownie mix from the bowl... it's a delicious combo

Got my 10k steps in again today, so don't feel guilty about it! :happydance:

I just got back from my body flow first class, which is a mixture of Pilates, Tai Chi, and Yoga. I feel amazing 0_0

Sounds like an interesting class! I love the Les Mills stuff... one day I want to do their Combat program.

I bet that helps with flexibility :)

The Goodlife gym I go to have Les Mills classes but I've never done one. I did try a class when I first joined but it's not my thing.

You know what my biggest pet peeve is? When some say they want to lose weight but never try. That's very annoying because that sounds like an excuse to me to not try to lose weight. If I can lose 47 pounds anyone can lose weight.

my gym has that Les Mills class too and I am a member of Gold's Gym. I don't exactly remember what the description was, but I don't think it was my thing either. I am more of a Yoga and Zumba class gal personally.

Speaking of which, I took my very first Zumba class today, and it's amazing! I love it. It's definitely a fun way to lose weight, but man, it works you hardcore. You are jumping and moving around at a fast pace for an hour straight. I easily lost way more calories taking that hour class than I would have on the elliptical. I don't think I have ever sweat so much in my entire life.

I am taking these classes by myself though. DH decided he is no longer going to the gym with me :( before he had the excuse that he was too tired because of his severe sleep apnea, but now that his cpap is fixed, he doesn't have an excuse, and he really does need to go to the gym because heart disease runs in his family, and I do NOT want to be a widow :( I just know his sleep would improve if he went, I know mine has, and he even complains that he's fat and needs to go to the gym again. So I definitely understand what you mean tverb, it is very annoying, I basically have to beg him with tears streaming down my face to go, but he never sticks with it, ugh!!!!

I think people have to want to lose weight or get in shape. For me, going to the gym is part of my lifestyle and if I didn't go I wouldn't know what to do. :shrug: I can't imagine not going because I love going. My name is Tara if you want to call me that.

Combat is a mixed martial arts type workout; I love kickboxing so that's why I would like to try it. :) I don't think I could ever do a group version of it though! With my luck I'd accidently kick someone doing it. :haha:

Glad you're enjoying Zumba! I have no rhythm at all, so I ended up giving the box set I had bought to an old coworker. People always seem to have fun doing it! I stick to the dance step games on the gaming consoles, so I know what I'm doing. :haha:

I was that person when my husband started working out when he decided to join the military. He tried his best to get me to join the gym, but I'm not a gym person. After DD was born and he left I finally started watching how much I consume and walking. Now we both workout, and encourage each other. You can't force someone to change their lifestyle until they're ready unfortunately. :( Hopefully your husband comes around though. Maybe the warmer weather soon will help!

Tara, that's one of my pet peeves too. Or the people who do it for like a week, then stop and complain that they haven't seen any results so it's not worth doing. :dohh:

It would most likely take longer than a week to see results unless you're working out 24/7. I can't remember when I first saw results in my weight loss but I do remember in the shower seeing the muscular arms I have. Plus a lot of my clothes got too big for me which was a bit annoying too because I had to buy new clothes. :haha:

Exactly! But no, they want the results NOW. I've had so many people join me on MFP, only to fizzle out after a week or two at it. :dohh:

Buying clothes is one of the perks of weight loss! It's becoming an expensive habit for me now. :haha: (just won an auction for two Victoria's Secret yoga pants with coordinating hoodies)

I love buying clothes and makeup, but it's such an expensive habit and I seem to need retail therapy a lot.

My period is approaching, which I've found is my worst dieting and exercising enemy as a crave chocolate and soda so badly, and I'm so tired day and night. Anyone else? Ugh I'll be glad once I get past this.

I usually crave pizza non-stop, and I'm always hungry during it. If I eat a little more I just try to make up for it the other three weeks of the month. It is annoying though!

I try to shop clearance so it's not so bad on the wallet. I really want to build up my fitness wardrobe so I'm ready for the better weather. And I've found that I can never have enough sports bras! (they are soooooo comfy)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->