weight loss - lets hold each other accountable! (Lets face ot OH doesn't get it)

I've been working out for over a month and eating healthy for 2 months, so far I've lost nothing, but I think my stomach is shrinking. My clothes fit better anyway. I think the scale is my worst enemy right now.

Hoping to have a flat stomach and look good in a bikini by summer :flower:

The worst part about this time of year is how easy it is to get sick (especially if you have a child in school who brings germs home) I just recently got over a cold, and now I have the stomach flu. I'll have to stay out of the gym until I'm fully recovered, which is frustrating since I want to be in there kicking ass :haha:

It's always frustrating when the scale doesn't say what you think it should! Maybe you've gained some muscle, and that's why the scale isn't dropping but the measurements are? :flower:

There are plenty of at-home workouts you can do if you feel up to at least a little exercise! Even just walking in place while watching a TV show will burn some calories, which leads to a smaller tummy!

Yesterday I went on the eliptical for 40 mins. Boy was I sweaty after. :haha: It felt so good after though. :thumbup: Tomorrow I'm going to do the fit fix.

Seeing your activities on MFP always gives me a good kick in the rear to move! :haha:

Did the 30 Day Shred this afternoon - can barely move now. Hubby says this is a good thing. My cat tried to help, and every time I would do a push-up he'd run under my face so I'd end up with a mouthful of fur. Then I tried to do a chest/arm exercise on the floor, and he'd run by just as I was bringing my weights down (at least they're only wimpy 2 lb ones). Good times!

Today I didn't workout because I go to the gym Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. I miss going on my walks I haven't gone in almost two weeks. :blush: I'm not sure if I'm going this Friday because it's supposed to be very cold.

Quick exercise and food update, Did an 80 minute Intermediate ballet class tonight and was under my calorie goal on MyFitnessPal :)

Glad to see all your updates on exercising! I love getting ideas for different things to do so I don't get bored :flower:

https://lt3f.lilypie.com/YXJK.png

Yeah I'm not going for my walk tomorrow. It's supposed to be VERY cold.

I'm finally feeling better, so I was able to go to the gym. It feels like I've not been there in so long because I had the stomach flu and a cold before that. I did 20 mins on the elliptical at level 5, and then worked on my shoulders, legs, calves, and inner thighs. I've decided to try more core exercises, so in between gym time at night, I'll be doing various crunches and planks while my kiddos are napping upstairs. Come on flat tummy. Now that my period is finally over with I feel like I have way more energy, and motivation, which is nice. Periods seem to put me in a sort of blah state.

I think one of my biggest issues is I get really hungry after a good work out.

Super nice workout! :happydance: Planks are one of my favorite exercise... you think they are so easy just looking at it, but then you get in position and HOLY COW! That burn, it's delicious.

I was expecting a gain on the scale since I'm a bloaty mess (period is also MIA), but I'm down to 125.8 - weighed in at 128.6 last Friday. This scale is going to drive me the wall! :rofl:

Jillian Michaels must be my good luck charm

I'm finally feeling better, so I was able to go to the gym. It feels like I've not been there in so long because I had the stomach flu and a cold before that. I did 20 mins on the elliptical at level 5, and then worked on my shoulders, legs, calves, and inner thighs. I've decided to try more core exercises, so in between gym time at night, I'll be doing various crunches and planks while my kiddos are napping upstairs. Come on flat tummy. Now that my period is finally over with I feel like I have way more energy, and motivation, which is nice. Periods seem to put me in a sort of blah state.

I think one of my biggest issues is I get really hungry after a good work out.

Maybe have some protein after working out? At the end of December I bought protein powder and drink it after or when I'm at the gym. It's really helped me.

Anyone who wants to follow me on MFP, see link below

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/StitchButterfly

https://lt3f.lilypie.com/YXJK.png

On Monday I weight myself at my aunts and the scale said I weigh 128.6. I'm not trying to lose anymore weight. Sometimes it just happens.

The scale could be "off" too; I know my husband's scale never says what my scale says, even when I weigh myself at the same time on both. (I always go by my scale because it's a lower number :rofl:)

You always seem to be exercising and eating right though, Tara, so I wouldn't be surprised if the scale did drop a little bit!

I try to eat healthy. Today I had pizza for lunch, cookies this afternoon and a cupcake two hours ago. :blush: :haha:

Sounds like a delicious day! There's nothing wrong with some indulgences. I'm drinking some rum and tea right now. :haha:

I've been craving pizza for two days now. Someone posted a picture of one of MFP and it was all over for me. My quest is to find some this weekend!

I agree, definitley nothing wrong with some indulgences every now and again. I try to eat healthy too, but there are times when I must have a Mtn Dew, a small handful of chocolate covered pretzels, or a few pieces of Dove chocolate. I think it's good to allow yourself something once in a while. It's like a reward.

Well I've weighed myself for the first time in a while, and I dropped 2lbs, a 5lb loss altogether, putting me at 130lbs. Only 10 more till my goal, though I would much rather be fit and healthy than thin or skinny. I've also added a bunch of weekly classes to my calendar that my gym hosts, I'm going to try out some Zumba, Yoga, and a class called body flow, which is a combination of Yoga, Tai Chi, and Pilates :)

Having a cheat day once a week actually boosts your metabolism. Especially if you cut calories like I do.

Also having a goal of example 10lbs at a time and maintaining that weight for a few weeks, then continuing your weight loss ensures no yo-yo weight loss/gain :)

I had pizza AND cake today. :haha:

Didn't get Little Caesars, but did discover Pizza Hut has a "skinny" pizza right now that was yummy and light on calories. Win!

Those must be some pretty good cupcakes! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->