Welcome to the ttc in fall group..........AUTUMN ACORNS!!!!

i don't look forward to not being able to get comfy - and i am just a bit sad i won't be able to play with Pixie as much :(

a friend of mine had her little girl yesterday - 5 weeks early and weighing 8lb 13oz?! her name is Starla. Her mum does have diabetes though

I'm really dreading getting OC again :( I read between 60 and 90 percent get it again and that was one of the things that was really hard to put up with :nope: its such a small amount of time in the big scheme of things and before we know it he\she will be playing with their older sibling all the time :flower:

obstretic cholestastis, its something to do with your liver and it makes you severely itchy in third tri, I used to struggle to sleep at night as I couldn't stop scratching and burning all over :(

This is just not a good night guys. I'm so completely frustrated with DH. Apparently he doesn't want me being a SAHM at all. Apparently he doesn't think I should work part-time. Apparently I should be working FULL TIME right after my maternity time is done. Right, work FT just so I can pay someone ELSE to take care of my kid. I'm freaking exhausted working full-time and I'm supposed to do that and be super mom? Meanwhile, he just bought himself a brand-new laptop. Thank you so much DH for making huge purchases when we apparently can't afford to have me be a SAHM. :cry::cry::cry:

This is just not a good night guys. I'm so completely frustrated with DH. Apparently he doesn't want me being a SAHM at all. Apparently he doesn't think I should work part-time. Apparently I should be working FULL TIME right after my maternity time is done. Right, work FT just so I can pay someone ELSE to take care of my kid. I'm freaking exhausted working full-time and I'm supposed to do that and be super mom? Meanwhile, he just bought himself a brand-new laptop. Thank you so much DH for making huge purchases when we apparently can't afford to have me be a SAHM. :cry::cry::cry:

:hugs: Sorry to hear you're having a bad night. I think sometimes people don't realize that it's just not worth it in some cases to work! Maybe you could show DH the cost of child care. (And if you plan on having more than one then show him the cost of that.) Factor in gas to get to work as well. And then show him how much you will make after that is paid for. Ask him if the additional money is worth it to have someone else raise your baby! Maybe he's the type that just needs to see it on paper!!!

Boo... that can be really frustrating! Sorry to hear that. Do you guys have flex at work options? Or job share? Here we can be really flexible if we want to do a 4 day work week instead, or some sort of rotation between 3&4 days for example... Could be an option that would give you more flexibility but still give you a bit more money...

Hope you feel better. Good night! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

:nope:

Men can be so insensitive sometimes. And many totally underestimate the sheer amount of WORK it takes to be a SAHM.. maybe he's falling into that trap and thus thinking, "Meh, easy peasy.. you just work and then come home and cuddle." I bet he'll come around and understand better when the time comes. If not, just make him stay at home for a few days with LO..that'll teach him! :haha:

If it were me, I would just shrug it off for now and wait until you can really show him. Otherwise, try explaining it to him and explaining how you feel and why you feel so strongly. I've learned that a lot of the times our DHs make us feel bad they don't even realize they have or why!

Hope things look up soon, and that your DH comes around. :hugs:

:hugs: Sorry to hear you're having a bad night. I think sometimes people don't realize that it's just not worth it in some cases to work! Maybe you could show DH the cost of child care. (And if you plan on having more than one then show him the cost of that.) Factor in gas to get to work as well. And then show him how much you will make after that is paid for. Ask him if the additional money is worth it to have someone else raise your baby! Maybe he's the type that just needs to see it on paper!!!

Good tip to get it on paper! Start crunching numbers to show him why you don't think it makes sense for you to work after LO comes!!

I did just find a place locally that would only cost 170 a week. (Obviously I have a LOT of homework to do to see if this place is even good, but the website seems promising.) So I guess that's not so bad. But I just want to be the one spending all that time with my LO. Not some stranger. It's killing me to know that I'm going to have to just pop the LO out and go right back to work. I even told DH I have some really serious doubts about having kids if he just expects me to be a work horse on top of caring for our child. I even thought about getting rid of my TTC ticker. And poisoning him. Just kidding on the poison part. Maybe.

I agree with babyb54
"I've learned that a lot of the times our DHs make us feel bad they don't even realize they have or why!
"

Also, sometimes I forget how DH can forget that when I get my mind set I don't like it to be changed. :haha: I can't imagine planning on TTC and being a SAHM afterwards and having DH bring up me working. That would be soo upsetting if I already had a different plan!

Although there is no SAHM for me. I don't think it will be too bad though since I will only work 3 days a week (12 hr shifts though). Luckily our families live near by and my mom has already made it very clear that she will provide our child care.

:hugs: I'm sorry...men can be buttheads sometimes. I bet he'll see things different once your LO is here. And if he doesn't maybe you can look into a home based business? My hubby n I decided it'd be better for me to stay home w/Mackenzie so I'm going to try to do some design stuff from home. It'd only be part time but will help w/our finances (hopefully).

Can someone tell me how to add the Autumn Acorns graphic to my signature?

I agree with babyb54
"I've learned that a lot of the times our DHs make us feel bad they don't even realize they have or why!
"

Also, sometimes I forget how DH can forget that when I get my mind set I don't like it to be changed. :haha: I can't imagine planning on TTC and being a SAHM afterwards and having DH bring up me working. That would be soo upsetting if I already had a different plan!

Although there is no SAHM for me. I don't think it will be too bad though since I will only work 3 days a week (12 hr shifts though). Luckily our families live near by and my mom has already made it very clear that she will provide our child care.

That sounds like a good plan. I definitely do not want my mom or MIL watching my LO for more than a random afternoon here and there though. It's kind of complicated but believe me I have reasons.

Can someone tell me how to add the Autumn Acorns graphic to my signature?

Right click the image in anyone's siggy
Upload to a place like photobucket
Go to your control panel to edit signature
Copy the code that begins with https://.....

Or just paste this without the spaces:

[IMG] [url]https://i1127.photobucket.com/[/url] albums/l634/hakunamatata2012/WTTacorn.jpg

:nope:

Men can be so insensitive sometimes. And many totally underestimate the sheer amount of WORK it takes to be a SAHM.. maybe he's falling into that trap and thus thinking, "Meh, easy peasy.. you just work and then come home and cuddle." I bet he'll come around and understand better when the time comes. If not, just make him stay at home for a few days with LO..that'll teach him! :haha:

If it were me, I would just shrug it off for now and wait until you can really show him. Otherwise, try explaining it to him and explaining how you feel and why you feel so strongly. I've learned that a lot of the times our DHs make us feel bad they don't even realize they have or why!

Hope things look up soon, and that your DH comes around. :hugs:

Yeah in this case he totally knows how I feel about it, problem is he doesn't care. I am going to have to shrug it off for now, otherwise it'll just depress the hell out of me.

Hugs!!!

And thanks to all for the comments. Off to bed, hope to chat soon.

Just got vitafusion gummy prenatals. I will let u guys know how they are!

Hi ladies :) Everytime I think I finally have time to sit and catch up here something happens or someone shows up....ugh! I really am looking forward to hubby going back to work, girls going back to school and visitors to stop visiting. (Though, the girls just started summer vacation...it'll be a few months before school starts again).

So, hubby n I started dtd again after Mackenzie's birth. I thought he'd be Mr. Cautious since we had some heated debates about conceiving again...but now he's fully on board to TTC...but the problem is we NEED to wait at least until this fall and he sure isn't waiting! Not to go all TMI but we discussed using condoms or the pull out method...well suffice it to say that neither of those happened. I'm worried about getting pregnant now as Mackenzie is 6 weeks today and she was preemie. I think her and I need time together and I need to recover from her birth before getting prego again. I explained that to hubby n he seemed not to hear me at all. *sigh*

I hate to complain because I know he could just as easily feel like not having another at all and then I'd be crying all the time. What to do...what to do :(

I've continued on my prenatals and am going to talk w/my ob/gyn about iron or other supplements...just in case.

Is anyone else having hubby trying before you're ready?

Oh please be careful!!! Really let ur body heal...I've heard too many stories and even known a couple of people that got pregnant to soon and it caused pregnancy loss..or premies...or even still births. After what u have already been through....u don't need more right now!!!!

I would just ask hubby how he felt when his daughter was born a premie and in the hospital...now imagine having to deal with that again or something worse....he wouldn't want anything to happen to u...or ur new baby...or leave current lo motherless.... it also wouldn't be fair to baby ur TTC...u wanna give them the best possible womb to live in and grow healthy and strong...and that isn't possible unless u are allowed time to heal....plus u did just have a premie...it wouldn't be fair to her bc she deserves this extra love and care...special time to be the center of attention.

I think u know what I mean but men are a little more difficult lol

Shabutie, that sounds like a fun dance. I couldn't get my wedding party to dance at all, let alone a choreographed one.:haha:

HK, I'd say give it some time. Putting it on paper may help, but also just give both of you time to calmly talk and discuss your feelings and reasons for all possible scenerios.

Woot! Post 2000!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->