Welcome to the ttc in fall group..........AUTUMN ACORNS!!!!

So a friend of mine had a beautiful baby girl a few days ago. She posted on facebook that she was on her way to the hospital, and I confess-I felt a little jealous. In a way, I wish I had let myself go into labor naturally rather than be induced. (Realistically, I don't regret it at all considering she was in distress with the first signs of contractions, and it wouldn't been a bad thing if I had tried to labor at home, but I digress.) The next day she posted several cute pictures, and I feel guilty that I thought "I bet she was able to have her naturally, something I'll never experience." I felt so jealous! It was horrible. Then yesterday, she posted a pic of her, hubby, and baby clearly in the operating room after a c-section. My initial response was to feel not smug, but not as depressed as I had before. Isn't that awful? I would absolutely never deny a woman the joy and opportunity of a natural birth, and I truly don't feel that way, but some secret, selfish part of me created that horrible thought. I'm so ashamed.

Just got on BnB for the first time today, I've been running all sorts of errands. I'm catching up now!

Mouse_Chicky...don't feel ashamed. :hugs: I personally don't think its anything to feel ashamed about, we all have thoughts we can't control...especially when we are passionate or feel strongly about something.

Welcome babyfromgod and babynewbie!

Baby54 - I lived in San Antonio for many years so let me know if you have any questions, I'd be more than happy to try and answer them for you.

Hakunamatata - I would be so peev'ed. I hope he realizes how insensitive he's being. I hope he will change his mind.

music81- sorry to hear that you have been down. I hope that you will feel yourself again soon.

sorry, I forgot what else I was hoping to post on.
Whomever was talking about spotting but no real AF, that's how I have been since pretty much december when I got off BCP. I have had only one or two AFs that have been more than spotting, it's just very light to the point where I can't use the light days tampons. sorry for tmi. I'm not worried about it though because before I got on the BCP I generally had light periods, just never quite this light. BCPs actually made my period heavier and longer. I would go to the doctor if you're concerned about it.

Oh please be careful!!! Really let ur body heal...I've heard too many stories and even known a couple of people that got pregnant to soon and it caused pregnancy loss..or premies...or even still births. After what u have already been through....u don't need more right now!!!!

I would just ask hubby how he felt when his daughter was born a premie and in the hospital...now imagine having to deal with that again or something worse....he wouldn't want anything to happen to u...or ur new baby...or leave current lo motherless.... it also wouldn't be fair to baby ur TTC...u wanna give them the best possible womb to live in and grow healthy and strong...and that isn't possible unless u are allowed time to heal....plus u did just have a premie...it wouldn't be fair to her bc she deserves this extra love and care...special time to be the center of attention.

I think u know what I mean but men are a little more difficult lol

Yes, they are! I think hubby is thinking more like just 'git 'er done' since we've had difficulty TTC in the past.

When we first were married it was 2 years of no b/c and no pregnancies before we got pregnant w/Brittany. We had no problem conceiving Kaitlyn, then no b/c no pregnancies for 3 years and had a miscarriage at 7 weeks. No more pregnancies or b/c for 11 years. That pregnancy was ectopic w/twins :( That was June 09...we started TTC the following August and stopped trying in February. Then out of the blue I got a BFP Oct 11, 2010...and just had Mackenzie May 1. So...the point is we have had several periods of infertility and now we're much older (me 38 him 43). That's why we wanted to start TTC so early (when Mackenzie is about 6-7 months)...first we don't know if it'll happen and if it does how long it will take. I think his thought is that if history repeats itself it could be quite awhile before a BFP. I think he feels that it's more likely that I won't get pregnant right away.

My thought is that after having her I'm probably pretty fertile. At any rate, I made it clear to him this evening that we need to wait and go with the original plan (to help avoid another m/c or premature birth). The semi-good part is that he's leaving for work a week from tomorrow and will be working most of the summer. I don't really think that's good, just in terms of waiting to try. Other than that Imma miss him horribly :(

Right now I'm just scared that one of the times that we dtd may lead to a pregnancy...and I know my body isn't ready for it :( I figure I'll test in 2 weeks and keep my fingers crossed that I don't get a bfp...yet.

Ugh. It's just weird to say that because I've taken so may pregnancies tests and anytime they are negative I cry...now wanting a negative is short circuiting my brain. *sigh*

I'm glad that the two of you were able to talk things through.
Isn't it horrible that no matter where you're at in life, a negative pregnancy test is crushing (obviously to different degrees depending on the situation) but our bodies are so maternally wired to produce offspring that it is sad everytime you see that BFN.

I can't begin to explain how devistated I was through 09-10 with the negatives. This go 'round I can honestly say that a negative will be much welcomed. I want this time w/Mackenzie to bond. Also, want some time to heal, not only want it but need it too.

I really think hubby just wants to be supportive and maybe didn't listen (go figure) too well when we talked about waiting to try...I think he heard the words that worked for him. That whole selective hearing thing :)

:hugs: Out to Hakunamatata & Cheercoach :hugs:

So a friend of mine had a beautiful baby girl a few days ago. She posted on facebook that she was on her way to the hospital, and I confess-I felt a little jealous. In a way, I wish I had let myself go into labor naturally rather than be induced. (Realistically, I don't regret it at all considering she was in distress with the first signs of contractions, and it wouldn't been a bad thing if I had tried to labor at home, but I digress.) The next day she posted several cute pictures, and I feel guilty that I thought "I bet she was able to have her naturally, something I'll never experience." I felt so jealous! It was horrible. Then yesterday, she posted a pic of her, hubby, and baby clearly in the operating room after a c-section. My initial response was to feel not smug, but not as depressed as I had before. Isn't that awful? I would absolutely never deny a woman the joy and opportunity of a natural birth, and I truly don't feel that way, but some secret, selfish part of me created that horrible thought. I'm so ashamed.

Dont feel ashamed :hugs: I feel totally the same way as yourself ~ Its a natural feeling & one that can only really be understood by csection mummys :hugs: Have you been on the csection support thread? Its great & supportive :hugs:

I had my 1st csection & was hoping for a vbac, then I was told my LO was gonna be a big baby & with a small pelvis, previous csection I should consider another...I was so disapointed, but knew I didnt want another emergency csection, so booked an elective, pretty glad now, as DS2 weighed 9lb 10oz (born on his due date) :wacko:

Thanks Cheercoach and KellyC75. :flower: I have been to the c-section support group a time or two. (It makes me feel like I'm not the only one in the world, iykwim, even though logicallly I know I'm not.)

I'm glad you got your dh to see reason, cheercoach.:thumbup: You and baby need time.

Good morning all! Hope everyone is not too depressed that it is Monday.. I have to say this is probably the happiest Monday I'll every work, knowing that I only have to work 3 days this week and then I get a month off!

Have a great day!

trgirl308 lucky you, i see your getting married in just 4 days!! :D i cant wait to get married, OH needs a push :haha:

I bullied my DH! I told him "No wedding ring, no babies!"

Good morning all! Hope everyone is not too depressed that it is Monday.. I have to say this is probably the happiest Monday I'll every work, knowing that I only have to work 3 days this week and then I get a month off!

Have a great day!

How exciting! :happydance: Its the final countdown :wedding:

So Girls ~ Any of you ntnp? :shrug:

Husband thinks NTNP = TTC. :huh: So...no. Haha!

Actually, he's said that when he's ready, he'd rather NTNP than to actively chart or test for ovulation. I'll be happy to be doing anything that might result in a BFP, but I just know I'm going to be itching for a more active effort. Guess we'll just have to BD a lot.. or I'll test in secret. :haha:

Yeah, I suppose im really in the ntnp club rather than ttc in a way, as I wont be charting ovulation etc (she says....now! :haha:)

:hug: Thank you girls SO MUCH for voting me WTTer of the Week!! :happydance::kiss:

I needed that today. :hugs:

So Girls ~ Any of you ntnp? :shrug:

we're going to start ntnp this cycle although we've not been using any protection for the last cycle either although I tried to avoid ov time, I've been spotting for 6 days now :hissy: I don't know whether to consider to it as my period or to keep waiting for elusive af :wacko:

we pretty much went with with the flow when we were ttc lo, you can't get it wrong if you bd every other day, its the tww that drives me nuts! that bit I'm not looking forward to lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->