Welcome to the ttc in fall group..........AUTUMN ACORNS!!!!

It is quiet! Normally if I go a few hours there are 10 pages to go through and this time only 2. DH and I looked at a few trucks for him tonight but nothing we were interested in so the search continues. I did some more painting today but not much else. :haha: Hope everyone else had a great day!

haha, must be a slightly slower day for us chat-happy gals.

I probably won't be on much this week as my sis is in and is prone to look over one's shoulder, iykwim.

Good luck on the interview trgirl! And the wedding!

HK, I've been trying to think of some clever riddles to pass along. So far nothing, but I'll let you know if any brilliance leaks out. ;)

Ah, pity about the breastfeeding struggle! Sounds like you've done well, though. Hopefully you can stop the supplementing soon! I also pumped the first week for my daughter, and didn't realise your body responded differently. :dohh: Good to know for the future!

The only reason my dh is even partially on board for another baby, is because I've been crying about it and he feels terrible, and wants me to be happy. Poor man, having to deal with these womanly hormones. :haha:

Yes, we've TTC all 3 our kids. Planned it to the letter, LOL. The only time I fell pregnant when we didn't try, was when I was on the Patch, and I lost that baby.

So your daughter is getting married? Wow, how do you feel about that? Do you like the soon-to-be son-in-law?

I am really looking forward to FT BF...today wasn't so good, she didn't breastfeed much at all. The doctor and my husband tell me to let her be hungry for a bit to encourage her to nurse...but I can not do it. If she fusses or gets angry I give her the bottle. Ug. I figure she'll bf when she wants...I guess. When she does nurse she does terrific, but some days she doesn't have as much energy and I won't force bfing on her.

That's great that you TTC all 3 and sorry for your loss :( It sounds like your hubby is a perty good guy to be supportive (even when he may not fully agree).

Yes, our oldest daughter (who just graduated H.S) and her b/f have been talking about marriage for quite awhile. This past week my grandmother took them to our family beach house and they went out together got a wedding planning book and set a date. (Aug 20, 2012).

My hubby n I will be celebrating our 20 yr anniversary on July 16th...I was younger than my daughter when I met her dad...so I know young relationships can work. Her b/f (who is also named Erik) is a wonderful young man and my husband and I approve of him. We'd like them to wait a bit longer, but they will do what they decide to do. He's leaving for the Army a week from today and our daughter is a disaster. She'll have college and her wedding planner to keep her busy until he completes basic training though.

All in all I have no complaints, but my life is more dramatic than daytime soaps! :)

TrGirl...congrats and I hope your wedding goes just the way you dream it will :hugs:

Pixie wtg! Are you dieting, working out or both? I keep meaning to start working out again but haven't. I'm so not happy w/my postpartum body *pouts*

I have kinda been dieting, just eating healthier in general now that I can't have dairy, many more fruits and veggies, plus I started going to zumba. I go to yoga 2x a week and zumba once a week, but this hasn't happened in a while, though I have gone to zumba the last 2 weeks.

Cheer coach- that's great that your daughter is getting married. DH and I met in high school, got engaged about 7 months after I graduated from high school and got married 8 months after we got engaged. In aug we will have been married 3 years, october will mark 6 years of being a couple - and we had even dated for a short time before this as well, and july will mark 2 years of DH being in the ARMY.
Prayers for their relationship while he is away at basic, 80% of (romantic)relationships end during basic. It's interesting that his name is the same as your DH, I refused to date anybody with my dad or brothers name because that just seemed weird to me.

And you're only about 6 weeks post partum, take it easy on yourself, you'll get there!

So girls, I have an announcement to make. I know I haven't been posting a lot recently, and I was just getting into the swing when one day last week I was feeling a little off, and decided to take a pregnancy test just in case...well it was positive. And so were the next 5 I took...lol. I don't know why i'm freaking out about this because we were planning on starting TTC in september, and it's june now....but for some reason i'm SO worried about telling the family. My family was NOT happy about my first pregnancy but then I was living at home and was not married. Only difference now is I have my own home and I am married...but now I am going to school, and we are in the process of getting a larger home and due to that we're going through a rough time financially. I know I am going to get skinned about all that, and the fact that my little boy just turned 1. I feel like a child...GAHHH I will be 23 in 2 months. I just wanted to get everyones input on how I should tell my family and friends...it's going to be really hard. I thought about having my little boy wear a shirt that says big brother...but I still don't know. My mom was horrible last time I told her. She cried and basically told me I was making the biggest mistake of my life in so many words. It was horrible...we didn't talk for weeks and we lived in the same house :( According to my LMP I am 6 weeks & 1 day as of June 15 (today) and I called my doctor yesterday and my first appointment is next tuesday. I can't keep my secret in much longer!!!

I didn't realize the statistics were that high! Yikes, well I figure if it's meant to be they will make it through...if not they will each find their way to happiness :)

My daughter actually liked him for a couple of years but said there was no way she could date him because of his name...lol, she got over it. What's weirder...is that my name is Christey and his mom is Christy. Also, his girlfriend before my daughter was Kaitlyn...which is my middle daughters name. There are other similar names in the families which is funny...its all quite confusing when both families are together.

Congrats on making it through basic together and your upcoming 3rd anniversary :)

Congrats on your BFP! I would keep it a secret as long as possible, enjoy it while you can, before everyone else gives you their 2 cents! Do you think they'll have a lot of negative things to say even though you already have a LO? I'm sure a lot of the negative comments when you were pg with Laken were because they weren't expecting you to be pg, they might be surprized, but maybe not shocked. I hope they can be excited for you!
I think it's be really cute to have laken wear a big brother tee!

Thanks cheercoach, we definately struggled while he was away, but when we were together again we went to some marriage counseling through our church which got us back on track and our marriage is better now (after our counseling) than it was before he even left for basic!
I think what will make it the hardest is that once he goes to basic everything will be changes, unless they go national guard because then they move back home. Is he going active duty (regular) ARMY, or national guard?

LakensMommy...congrats! I really don't have advice on how to tell your family, but regardless of their reactions try to just be happy that you've been blessed..a bit early but blessed nonetheless :) Both my neice and my cousin had children back to back (they were pregnant within 3 months of childbirth) and some family members weren't thrilled to say the least, but now that the babies are here they can't help but love 'em. It'll all work out, just don't let the family stress you out. Big :hugs: and congrats!

I believe he is going active. He's doing the AIT to be a Ranger. He comes back in November and they plan to write/talk when they can while he is at BCT/AIT. So, we'll see how things go. I know one way or another their paths will unfold...if its together great, if it isn't they'll move on and things will be how they should be. I just worry about my lil girl having a broken heart :( I don't forsee that, but ya never know.

thanks so much girls...
pixie-i think they will just be worried that i will have my hands full and won't be giving laken as much attention when the baby comes, etc....or that i will not finish school. my mom can tend to be really critical in some situations, she cares about me...but the way it makes me feel is not fun :/
cheercoach-i am going to try my hardest to not let them stress me out. my last pregnancy was so stressful the whole time and i have told myself over and over that im going to relax with the next one...it's just so hard because i let people have way too much control over my emotions.

So girls, I have an announcement to make. I know I haven't been posting a lot recently, and I was just getting into the swing when one day last week I was feeling a little off, and decided to take a pregnancy test just in case...well it was positive. And so were the next 5 I took...lol. I don't know why i'm freaking out about this because we were planning on starting TTC in september, and it's june now....but for some reason i'm SO worried about telling the family. My family was NOT happy about my first pregnancy but then I was living at home and was not married. Only difference now is I have my own home and I am married...but now I am going to school, and we are in the process of getting a larger home and due to that we're going through a rough time financially. I know I am going to get skinned about all that, and the fact that my little boy just turned 1. I feel like a child...GAHHH I will be 23 in 2 months. I just wanted to get everyones input on how I should tell my family and friends...it's going to be really hard. I thought about having my little boy wear a shirt that says big brother...but I still don't know. My mom was horrible last time I told her. She cried and basically told me I was making the biggest mistake of my life in so many words. It was horrible...we didn't talk for weeks and we lived in the same house :( According to my LMP I am 6 weeks & 1 day as of June 15 (today) and I called my doctor yesterday and my first appointment is next tuesday. I can't keep my secret in much longer!!!

:hugs: <<< for the stress you must be feeling...
Congratulations on your :bfp: the timing may not seem right but I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason! I started a thread regarding sharing :bfp: to family etc. Here is the link...
https://www.babyandbump.com/waiting-to-try/636170-you-going-share-bfp-you-get.html

Regarding your mom... Perhaps you could consider not telling her in person if you're worried of her reaction. It may seem a little impersonal but if she's only going to make you feel bad then tell her over the phone, e-mail, letter... whatever just not in person and give her some time to let her deal with it.

I also want to add that while I understand your family's opinion is important it shouldn't determine your own happiness :) Also think about the grand scheme of things... will a few months early really add up later in life? Sure it might make things a little tougher but the outcome is just the same... two LO's within a couple years :)

Thanks babymaybe! I will check that thread out. And yes you are absolutely right, I should be the one to determine my own feelings...just gotta get myself to that point! I have always been this way, had my feelings hurt so easily. I'm going to have to toughen up.

congrats on your bfp LakensMommy11 :hugs: don't worry about your family they'll come around soon, I'm sure they just have your best interest at heart and for your parents you will be always be their child they just have to realize that your not a child but a grown woman and they need to support your choices no matter what

well I'm pretty devastated today :cry: I got several faint bfp's yesterday but what with all the spotting I knew something wasn't right, I went to my gp appointment today and I've miscarried :( when I went to do the urine sample there was red blood and the tests came out negative, I know I was only 4 weeks and a bit but I don't know I just feel lost :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->