Welcome to the ttc in fall group..........AUTUMN ACORNS!!!!

Hi Ladies! I'm baaaaaack... (no ring :cry: )

you'll have to forgive me if I don't catch up on the week's worth of posts...anything exciting I need to know (guess it'll be in the newsletter)!?!?

10 weeks to my next holiday, which means 10 weeks to TTC :D

Sorry he didn't propose, what a bummer.

Two friends had their babies in the last two days, feeling super jealous.

Go for it Mack! In the immortal words of Kool & the Gang, Get down on it :haha:

Hey guys! I'm super behind on the thread. I will try to catch up soon!

:friends:

Just read up on everything :thumbup:

Remember to vote for that special lady in our group! WTT'er of the Week votes due Friday! Include at least 1 reason why you're voting for her! Thanks for participating!

One more month, and we'd better be hearing about some more BFPs here. :haha: Liven it up a little.:sleep: JK.

Wohooo!!! I just put on my pretty face and convinced DH to go out for beers - on a Monday!!!!

Well ladies I need some advice. My bad day has just gotten worse! Warning: this may be a lenghty post so I can give a bit of background. I'm going to set it as a spoiler so I don't take up a ton of room as this isn't TTC related...
My sister has two children my niece (1) and my nephew (4). Since the day they were born they have spent at minimum Friday-Sunday usually an extra day with my parents and I (we split it up). My sister has been battling depression for some time. She relies heavily on her boyfriends for her own happiness. Unfortunately, she has had many boyfriends and they come and go and they've all treated her like crap including the kid's dads. My mom just called tonight and she is worried about my sister. She has apparently been making comments saying that she's not needed, life would be better without her, she can't take care of her kids anyways so why stick around... etc. You get the idea :( I've offered my sister my help with getting her life back on track, more help with the kids, whatever she needs. I told her you name it and I'll help you with it. Usually after I talk to her she feels better but I just don't know how to get her out of it this time. I'm worried for her safety and my niece and nephew as well. The kids are currently with my parents as my sister had them come and get them. Any advice or words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated.
I don't want to ask my IRL friends and family because I don't want my sister to get upset with me for sharing...

I'm sorry about your sister! Would she consider seeking help? I really hope things turn around for her.

hello ladies, how are u all?

it certainly has been a scorcher today in the uk, shame i was stuck in an air conditioned workplace!

At least you have air con! Ours doesn't work properly, my shop was 28 degrees when I went in at half ten this morning, me and my asst. manager watched it go up and up and up... I left just after 5 and it was 34 degrees in the shop. And we had the front and back doors open to try to get some air through but there was no breeze! :growlmad:

And :witch: has just shown her ugly face which explains why I've been feeling so sticky today, coupled with the intense weather!

@BabyMaybe I've never been in your situation and can offer nothing helpful :nope: except :hugs: and know I'll be thinking of you :kiss:

Thanks ladies. My sister won't really talk about things. She did for a while and was diagnosed with social anxiety disorder but that's about as far as that went. She just bottles things up and then it gets really bad. She puts everything on herself including the bad decisions that people around her make. I reminder her constantly that I love her and I'm here for her but I don't want to push her away either. I just feel stuck. Not sure how to help her from here... :shrug:

I'm sorry, BabyMaybe. That's really a tough situation.
Do you think she might actually harm herself? There are suicide hotlines; I don't know. If it's a real crisis, she might be mad at first, but thank you later. This may not help. I'll be praying for you and her.:hugs:

That's right skyblu, I'm stalking you.:rofl:

Wow, I am way too bored w/o work.

@babymaybe

My sister recently commuted suicide a few months back and left her one year old in the house in the other room. It was a sad situation. I was sad...and mad bc by the time they found her the baby had been alone for going on 13 hours...she was hungry...dirty...and crying horribly....she was seriously tramatized bc she was crying so much and no one came to help her...I still am mad about this...not to mention my sister left candles life in the house everywhere...her daughter could have been burnt alive in a house fire after suffering with no food and no one to help her.

With all this is mind....she had to not be in her right mind....and that's what depression can do...they trick themselves into believing everyone will be better off without them ....in her last minutes of life she was probably thinking she was giving her baby a better life and a chance at a better mother but in reality...the baby was alone and suffering.

All I can say is get her help....I wish I would have gotten my sister help...we should have got her to sign over temp custody (so we could be able to take baby to doctor and handle babies affairs while she found a way to get better...maybe check herself into a hospital so she could relax....people who have bad depression or whatnot need to be closely monitored when being put on meds anyway bc they can have a bad reaction and flip out.

I will keep u and ur family in my prayers!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->