Welcome to the ttc in fall group..........AUTUMN ACORNS!!!!

DH and I are thinking of a taking a mini-vacation in August. If we take the vacation it would be starting the 19th which is only 3 days before our TTC date. So I used a due date calculator and put in conception on the 19th. If I were to concieve that night our baby's heart would start beating on our anniversary in October! Isn't that crazy :) Maybe I'm the crazy one :rofl: I probably won't even be oving then but it's a nice thought!!!

August 19, 2011 (2 weeks pregnant)
Your baby's conceived
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
September 2, 2011 (4 weeks pregnant)
Positive pregnancy test
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
October 14, 2011 (10 weeks pregnant)
Your baby's heart beats

Okay ladies... I know someone in here uses cloth diapers but I can't remember who :dohh: I have been reading reviews online and am thinking it may be worth the investment! But, I really know nothing about them and have never seen them used before. So I have some questions :) Apparently there are liners that you can use in them? Do you have to buy them seperate or do some come with them? Also, do the one size fits all ones really fit all? because it seems like it would be huge on a newborn if it can fit a toddler also? Thanks for anyone reponses :) Just trying to get a head start on winning DH over on these because he seems appauled at diapers in the laundry LOL!!!

Skyblueheaven and Shabutie are our cloth diapering queens :) I still have a couple boxes of sposie 3's and then i'm thinking about switching.

gorgeous little pink dress, with baby roo from winnie the pooh on it! :cloud9: And yes its a girls dress but it was in the sale and if we end up having a boy we'll just keep for baby no.3 and hope thats a girl! :haha:

Aww! Little dresses are so adorable. :) I've gotten my fix on baby clothes as my sister gave me ALL of her clothes from my niece and nephew. I haven't even sorted them all yet! I'm pretty sure in the time between WTT and when I actually get my :Bfp: by the time I tell my family there will be nothing left for them to get me :rofl:

:happydance: Yay for baby things!!

It's so unfair how many cute girl clothes are out there. I wouldn't trade my son for anything in the world and i will admit i secretly hoped for a boy for my first :cloud9: But it's seriously ridiculous how you can walk into a baby section filled with hundreds of adorable girl stuff and only 1/4 of it is boy stuff.

Okay ladies... I know someone in here uses cloth diapers but I can't remember who :dohh: I have been reading reviews online and am thinking it may be worth the investment! But, I really know nothing about them and have never seen them used before. So I have some questions :) Apparently there are liners that you can use in them? Do you have to buy them seperate or do some come with them? Also, do the one size fits all ones really fit all? because it seems like it would be huge on a newborn if it can fit a toddler also? Thanks for anyone reponses :) Just trying to get a head start on winning DH over on these because he seems appauled at diapers in the laundry LOL!!!

You rang.... :haha:

Hi hun, i will try and explain best I can from what I found out while looking up cloth nappies, ive only been doing it over a month, but am in love with it.

So with reguards to the liners, these are like paper that sits in the nappy and helps catch the poo to make it easier to clean/discard. I havent opted for these, I didnt see the point in having to keep buying something that i was throwing away (defeating the object of cloth anppies in my eyes)

What you do have thou are inserts. These are either attatched to the nappy (so all in ones AIO) or separate inserts, which is what most of mine are.

There are lots of brands out there but I found the most cost affective ones are the Birth to potty (BTP or Onesize) nappies. In particular Flip's.

These nappies are designed so that you can use the cover a couple of times, so long as it isnt soiled and just replace the insert.

The Onesize nappies really are one size fits all. They have poppers on them that allow you to adjust the waist and length of the nappy. If I remember tomorrow I will take a pic of a Flip nappy I have in all the different sizes it can do, you will be suprised. Also, I found the Flips to be the best nappies for not giving a bulky bum. However you might have other nappies in the US that we dont in the UK.

You can also get boosters which you can add to the inserts and this is just to help the nappy last that bit longer. it depends on the amount your baby will pee. I havent got any, but I am intending on getting a few.

I hope that helps, but Im sure SBH will be able to give you more of an insight into them :thumbup:

:flower:

Babynewbie, it sounds like your dress is a cutie. I love Winnie the Pooh! :thumbup: Almost did Kara's nursery in it.

SaMa86, bnb addicts make the best buddies. I'm right there with you.:hugs:

BabyMaybe, maybe your fun with dates will come true. Wouldn't that be cool? What anniversary is this for you?

Mackmomma, now I am vicariously in a 2ww with you now that I know. Thanks. :haha: Between, you and kellysays2u, my addiction to bnb is becoming more severe.

You rang.... :haha:
Hi hun, i will try and explain best I can from what I found out while looking up cloth nappies, ive only been doing it over a month, but am in love with it.
So with reguards to the liners, these are like paper that sits in the nappy and helps catch the poo to make it easier to clean/discard. I havent opted for these, I didnt see the point in having to keep buying something that i was throwing away (defeating the object of cloth anppies in my eyes)
What you do have thou are inserts. These are either attatched to the nappy (so all in ones AIO) or separate inserts, which is what most of mine are.
There are lots of brands out there but I found the most cost affective ones are the Birth to potty (BTP or Onesize) nappies. In particular Flip's.
These nappies are designed so that you can use the cover a couple of times, so long as it isnt soiled and just replace the insert.
The Onesize nappies really are one size fits all. They have poppers on them that allow you to adjust the waist and length of the nappy. If I remember tomorrow I will take a pic of a Flip nappy I have in all the different sizes it can do, you will be suprised. Also, I found the Flips to be the best nappies for not giving a bulky bum. However you might have other nappies in the US that we dont in the UK.
You can also get boosters which you can add to the inserts and this is just to help the nappy last that bit longer. it depends on the amount your baby will pee. I havent got any, but I am intending on getting a few.
I hope that helps, but Im sure SBH will be able to give you more of an insight into them :thumbup:
:flower:
Oh thanks! I'm worried how big and bulky the one size ones will be on a newborn though? I've found some very cute ones that are sized but you only get 6 for $100 and I'd have to get more than one box because of the different sizes... For comparison I can get a box of 100+ disposables for about $20 (there are cheaper but I would go with Huggies). Now back to the cloth ones I found. They are called pocket cd's? and are 2-1 which as I understand means you can use an insert (that comes with it) or the disposable insert. So I guess I'm confused... Can you re-use the actual diaper several times as long as the insert is all that needs changed? Just trying to figure out how many diapers I would need to buy to get me through a couple of days without having to do laundry! Oh I've just realized that the brand I found has sized ones and one size fits all ones... but the brand isCharlie Banana's They have girl, boy, pastel, and all white ones :)

Babynewbie, it sounds like your dress is a cutie. I love Winnie the Pooh! :thumbup: Almost did Kara's nursery in it.
SaMa86, bnb addicts make the best buddies. I'm right there with you.:hugs:
BabyMaybe, maybe your fun with dates will come true. Wouldn't that be cool? What anniversary is this for you?
Mackmomma, now I am vicariously in a 2ww with you now that I know. Thanks. :haha: Between, you and kellysays2u, my addiction to bnb is becoming more severe.
I think it would be so neat too! It will be our 5th anniversary. When we got married and started getting the "when are you going to have kids" questions we told everyone at least 5 years and here it is! My b-day is Sept 17th so I could share my :bfp: then too! Who knows! It would put my due date 1 day before graduation which is scary!!! :nope: But at the same time... as long as I get my piece of paper saying I graduated do I really need to walk/waddle across a stage :haha:

Babymaybe, I walked across the stage for my master's 7 months pregnant. Or rather waddled across.

Babymaybe, I walked across the stage for my master's 7 months pregnant. Or rather waddled across.
I hope to do the same! I want to get pregnant right away but at the same time I'm scared of having my water break as I'm handed my diploma! Haha :rofl:

That would be some memory. Most women have a similar fear, but most don't actually have it happen. I was worried it would happen while I was teaching. Eek!

I hope to do the same! I want to get pregnant right away but at the same time I'm scared of having my water break as I'm handed my diploma! Haha :rofl:

I was worried about where my water would break too... but mine never broke :haha: The nurse had to stick some hook looking thing up there and break it for me!

Nope didn't even feel it! I've heard the water bags don't have nerves or anything so it's nothing to worry about.

It was a little uncomfortable in the sense that all the water poured under me and was all warm so it felt like i was wetting the bed :rofl:

Nope didn't even feel it! I've heard the water bags don't have nerves or anything so it's nothing to worry about.

It was a little uncomfortable in the sense that all the water poured under me and was all warm so it felt like i was wetting the bed :rofl:

:rofl:

Ooh I'm also walking a marathon (to raise money for a hospice that looks after terminally ill children) at the weekend so I need you all to have your fingers crossed for me that I don't collapse in a heap! :sleep:

Good luck on your marathon ~ What a fantastic cause :hugs:

I had my waters broken with DS1 (using the hook on a stick!) & it didnt hurt, just a really weird sensation, as iheartbaby says ~ It was so warm it was strange!

With my DS2 my waters broke at home, I had just got out of bed to do a pee, when it went 'pop' :pop: & went all over the floor!

I still ended up with csections after all that! :dohh:

LO had me up at 5.30am this morning & didnt want to go back to sleep :nope:

Its mornings like this when I really wonder how i'll cope with 2 early risers & sleepless nights again! :wacko:

All the info that you ladies have put on here about cloth nappies is really useful- think I'm going to have to save it to a doc and file it away! I really want to use cloth nappies, but a little overwhelmed with all the info out there! Our local council has free info packs on them, and also trial packs (so you can give 'em a go before you buy them to see if they work for you). They used to give freebies, but they don't seem to anymore :( Guess they got more popular over the recent years.

I've done a little looking to try and get some info about it, but I'm trying not to over research stuff at the moment as it's bound to make me go buy stuff and I really am trying to resist...finding it SO hard, though...

Good luck to all you ladies in your 2ww's/about to test...we need a BFP on here :D

My waters were broken at the hospital aswell, i was terrified when she came towards me with this big stick hook thing, but never felt a thing. Just the nice sensation of weeing yourself :lol:

Hey! So I have been away... a few days in places that don't have wifi or charge for it.. so have had limited access! Where we are going tonight I don't think has internet either... and possibly not over the weekend, so not sure when I will be back on.

I hope everyone is ok, hugs to those that are having a hard time.

I think I would try cloth nappies, I use a diva cup to try to reduce carbon footprint, so cloth nappies make sense too. But I have never seen them where I live, so I would have to find a special store, or buy them online I guess.... I have time now since I am not buying anything baby for awhile, have no space! When we get back from the honeymoon we have to pick up all of our wedding gifts and I have no idea where we will put them!

Walking around Stirling with the backpack we are getting a great workout (my butt looks awesome!) but we are eating so much fried stuff and drinking beer that my stomach doesn't look so good... but I'm ok with that. And (judging by last night) DH doesn't mind either.

Ended that took quickly.

Anyways, hope everyone is well, miss being on here everyday!
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"