Welcome to the ttc in fall group..........AUTUMN ACORNS!!!!

trgirl: I hope you're still having a great time!!!

I researched the cloth's some more last night! I think what I find most helpful for any product I plan on buying is going to youtube.com and searching for product reviews. Ex. "Flip diaper reviews" and you'll get a ton! I think after all my research the Flips/BumGenious seems like the best option. They get AMAZING reviews (including girls on here) and they're a cheaper option as you can re-use the cloth cover the majority of the time. The youtube reviews really show how the Flip system works which helped me. You certainly can't tell from a picture. LOL! Anyways.

I went to a website I've used to buy diapers from before for diaper cakes... and they have the Flip system but they may be somewhere else cheaper. Not sure.

I did some calculations last night and by the time the baby is 4.5 months the cost of the cloth diapers would = the disposable ones. That means that any disposables bought after 4.5 months would just be wasted money!!! Anyways, I think I'm sold on them but DH really doesn't like the idea at all! But they're economical, environmentally friendly, and ADORABLE!!! :baby:

Oh I forgot to post this up there ^^^ I took my first BBT this morning and it was 96.9!!! I've still got a LOT to learn about charting but I'm excited... I think more excited that I actually remembered to reach for the thermometer before getting up. :rofl:

I love making diaper cakes! I've made one for every girl I've know who's had a baby... hmm... I wonder if I can find any pics of them to show you girls *goes FB hunting*

I love making diaper cakes! I've made one for every girl I've know who's had a baby... hmm... I wonder if I can find any pics of them to show you girls *goes FB hunting*

DAMMIT I SHOULD NOT HAVE GONE ON FACEBOOK EVEN FOR THE (LITERALLY) 45 SECONDS IT TOOK TO FIND THIS PICTURE!!!! The first post on my news feed are pictures of 3 of my friends who all had babies 2 months after each other last year (March, May, July) having a "Girls Night Out with the Babies!!" <-- seriously that's what she named the album!!! Isn't that kind of any oxymoron? :huh:

Okay, anyway, here's the diaper cake I made my friend L for her shower last year. I went ALL OUT for her shower, not that I'll get anything as fabulous in return. :cry:

https://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa451/LittleSpoon8/duckydiapercake.jpg
https://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa451/LittleSpoon8/duckydiapercake2.jpg

Very cute diaper cake Mackmomma! You're quite talented.

I'm glad you're enjoying your honeymoon trgirl! It sounds like you're creating some great memories. (PS, I'm sure your dh didn't mind at all, lol.)

hey girls, just a little pop in :) still decorating ¬___¬ but will hopefully be in our house by saturday :happydance: i made a nappy cake for my friend and her son and in return she made on for Pixie when she was born :)

KellyC75, it may be quiet on here today as it's the last day for chat wars. :haha:

It's getting cutthroat. Jk

Alright alright... so I just MIGHT have to un-ban myself from the SG page only on FB... for the next chat wars, of course. :)

Wow! MM, that diaper cake is super cute! I highly doubt I would get something like that from my friends... I don't think they know what a diaper cake is.

So we are in a pub, using wifi that belongs to the McDs accross the street... and that is apparently the only wifi in the city.. and then the weekend is isle of skye.. so I don't think we'll get a connection anywhere.

It is so weird to not have my bb on all the time.. and to have limited access to the internet and not have a tv everywhere we go... wow!

Great trip, but we are getting a little tired. Missing my dog, missing home cooked meals... and I love my bed so much more now! (just a little rant.. we are having a great time though)

Trgirl how long do you have left until you go home? :)

Just doing dinner (lasagne, wedges, salad & garlic bread :D yumm) and just sent OH and LO out to the shop to get stuff for a banoffee pie :dance: I love a good pud!

trgrl, that's how we felt the last couple of days in Jamaica. :hugs: Vacation is awesome and fun and all, but at some point you're just ready to go home and sleep in your own bed. Bet you're having an awesome time, though!

hey girls, just a little pop in :) still decorating ¬___¬ but will hopefully be in our house by saturday :happydance: i made a nappy cake for my friend and her son and in return she made on for Pixie when she was born :)
How exciting! I hope you enjoy the new place your first night!!!

I love diaper cakes! I don't roll each individual diaper though... I think I might for the next one. I've made quite a few. In fact, the last one I made was for a friend in Columbia, MO! :happydance: Anyways, here are a few pics. I can't find all of them for some reason. I'll have to dig! Pics are in spoiler :)

I couldn't find girly toys so I went with flowers for this one :) The little tag has the baby's name on it.
https://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc483/BabyMaybe917/263984_107895255971280_100002524193428_69640_4778050_n.jpg
The frog laughs when you squeeze his foot! :haha:
https://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc483/BabyMaybe917/262714_107896199304519_100002524193428_69660_5776020_n.jpg
Again, the bear laughs. This one has an outfit inside of it!
https://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc483/BabyMaybe917/260077_107895179304621_100002524193428_69634_6687096_n.jpg

BabyMaybe, those are so cute!! Honestly, I've made them both ways (rolling the diapers vs 'fanning' them) and I actually prefer the way the 'cake' looks with them not rolled. That was the first one I'd ever made tho, and didn't really know any other way to make it. :shrug: For the next one I did it like you did yours, and it just looked so much more professional, ykwim? :flow:

I want to try rolling them because I think it would be simpler. DH has to help me hold them the way I do them... and of course he's just thrilled about doing that! :haha:

***TMI ALERT!!!! So as some of you know :witch: sucks for me! I haven't seen AF sine last May that's over a year! And I stopped BCP back in February which didn't change my lack of AF at all! Well June 19th-27th I started spotting. I thought okay it's the start of AF maybe next month will be better. I just went to the bathroom and guess what!!! :witch: has arrived!!! Not spotting but she's actually arrived!!! :yipee: :happydance: :wohoo:

WTT'er of the Week votes due tomorrow!!!!

Vote for that special lady and include a reason why you're voting for her!!!!

PM or email me by tomorrow night!!!!!

Also, if you haven't received the newsletter yet and would like to, PM me your email address!

Thanks for participating!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->