• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Welcome to the ttc in fall group..........AUTUMN ACORNS!!!!

How terrific that this group has become so popular so quickly!!

Mackenzie is doing so terrific, thank you all for asking :) We're hoping for her to come on the 23rd, but it may be a few additional days as she is being weaned from her feeding tube. All in all she is making incredible progress!

My introduction...

I'm Christey, 38 y/o...happily married to Erik for almost 20 years! (July 16th). We have 3 beautiful daughters...Brittany (18), Kaitlyn (16) and Mackenzie (17 days). I'm currently a stay at home mom and love it! We live in a small rural town named Cool in California. The population here is about 2520 people. We're on 2 acres and love living the country life.

Hubby and I are going to start TTC again as soon as we can. Our first 2 girls grew up so close together and it has been perfect! We'd love Mackenzie to have a sibling to grow up with as well. We're hoping not to have any conception problems...after having Kaitlyn we didn't use b/c of any sort and had no pregnancies until 09 when we had an ectopic. We began TTC again in Aug 09 and didn't conceive Mackenzie until Sept 10. I'm hoping this go round won't take so long...we aren't getting younger! I'm trying to accept that things will happen the way they should though.

:)

It sounds like you have such a wonderful family, i'm soo jealous!! :flower: Everyone says i shouldn't be so family oriented at 22 years old and i should just take it slow. But i've always loved kids and seen myself with a big family and married at a young age. Arrrgh is that so wrong? :(

I hope you get your BFP asap when you start TTC! :)

I think we need to add CheerCoach to the front page :thumbup: Welcome back hun, hope Mackenzie is doing well!

Hey guys I was having a fiddle online, and come up with this. i know its not our name, as it is still undeicded, but still.
https://i.imgur.com/WatX2.gif

I love the orange one, it would suit well! Well done on those :) I can't wait until all the votes are in for our name...so exciting!

Name Game: Nicolai

How is everyone this morning?
I am doing alright had a really bad broody night last night as I have found out another girl from HS is pregnant. Another one that told me off for being a young mom and another one who would rather go out and party and get drunk then go to school or work.:cry:
NOT FAIR:sulk:
Oh well soon enough.

Hope you are all well :)

I know how u feel...I've seen so many girls get pregnant who complain about the inconvenience and I think that's so sad when there are ladies who want babies so badly!!!!

Oh it drives me crazy when people do that! I loved being pregnant every second, it's such a wonderful thing and so many girls don't seem to realize it. I can't wait to do it again! I have a friend who is 35 weeks along and she's so sick of being pregnant she's doing housework every day and having lots of sex to try to get the baby out. It's so dangerous, she's not even full term :cry: Poor baby.

I love the orange blinkie!!

How long was ur labor? Mine was 23 hours and some odd minutes. I hear so many people say " oh mine will probably be long...like 8 hours" and I think wow then mine was bad long...what do think the average is?

Hmm i'm not sure what the average is. I started getting contractions at 10pm - was at the hospital at 4am and 5cm dilated. I got the epidural and ended up pushing for 6 hours from 8am-2pm. So i guess my labor was about 16 hours.

I just googled it and average active labor is 12 hours...so u was loonngg and mine was crazy long!!! Ohhh we were lucky girls lol

Hahah aren't we though? I guess i deserved it since i had such an easy labor though. Once i got the epidural i couldn't feel a single thing... not the contractions, the head crowning, or her putting the stitches in my tear afterwards. Tbh i couldn't even feel the needle when they stuck it in my back beforehand, i was too focused on the contractions lol.

How long was ur labor? Mine was 23 hours and some odd minutes. I hear so many people say " oh mine will probably be long...like 8 hours" and I think wow then mine was bad long...what do think the average is?

Hmm i'm not sure what the average is. I started getting contractions at 10pm - was at the hospital at 4am and 5cm dilated. I got the epidural and ended up pushing for 6 hours from 8am-2pm. So i guess my labor was about 16 hours.

I just googled it and average active labor is 12 hours...so u was loonngg and mine was crazy long!!! Ohhh we were lucky girls lol

Hahah aren't we though? I guess i deserved it since i had such an easy labor though. Once i got the epidural i couldn't feel a single thing... not the contractions, the head crowning, or her putting the stitches in my tear afterwards. Tbh i couldn't even feel the needle when they stuck it in my back beforehand, i was too focused on the contractions lol.

BOOOOO my epidural didnt work at all I was still fully able to easily move both legs...they kept uping the original dose and i hit pump button often...it just didnt work soooo it was 23 hours of horrible pain...that then lead to emergency c sec in which I started screaming in the middle of bc my pain med quickly wore off and I felt them operating on me so they had to put me to sleep...apparently I went into shock from the pain of being operated on. It was hard...but even still im willing to TTC again lol

Wow, my entire labor with Mackenzie was 4 hours and 28 minutes. I only pushed for maybe 10 minutes. I did it natural though and I've heard that *many* natural deliveries are faster. I had silent dilation before starting labor so I was at 6cm and 90% effaced before contractions actually started.

With Brit I had no labor...breech c-section before labor began.

With Kaitlyn I did labor natural, at 10cm and 100% effaced they said she was breech. Repeat c-section. Labor with her started at midnight and by 4:50AM I was yelling that I had to push...they made me wait an hour for the anesthesiologist to arrive...so my labor should have been 5 hours but turned into 6 :(

I couldn't imagine going through labor 12 hours! The only time it got rough for me was the last 30 minutes. Prior to that it was not comfortable, but I focused and breathed through it all. Hubby even held up a photo of Brett Favre for me *haha*.

I sure hope our next one is quick and easy like Mackenzie...though not early would be better!

Mackenzie is doing so terrific, thank you all for asking :) We're hoping for her to come on the 23rd, but it may be a few additional days as she is being weaned from her feeding tube. All in all she is making incredible progress!

My introduction...

I'm Christey, 38 y/o...happily married to Erik for almost 20 years! (July 16th). We have 3 beautiful daughters...Brittany (18), Kaitlyn (16) and Mackenzie (17 days). I'm currently a stay at home mom and love it! We live in a small rural town named Cool in California. The population here is about 2520 people. We're on 2 acres and love living the country life.

Hubby and I are going to start TTC again as soon as we can. Our first 2 girls grew up so close together and it has been perfect! We'd love Mackenzie to have a sibling to grow up with as well. We're hoping not to have any conception problems...after having Kaitlyn we didn't use b/c of any sort and had no pregnancies until 09 when we had an ectopic. We began TTC again in Aug 09 and didn't conceive Mackenzie until Sept 10. I'm hoping this go round won't take so long...we aren't getting younger! I'm trying to accept that things will happen the way they should though.

It sounds like you have such a wonderful family, i'm soo jealous!! :flower: Everyone says i shouldn't be so family oriented at 22 years old and i should just take it slow. But i've always loved kids and seen myself with a big family and married at a young age. Arrrgh is that so wrong? :(

OMG! I had Brittany when I was 20, Kaitlyn at 22...and if you ask me that's a perfect time to be family orientated! It isn't wrong at all. You're young enough to keep up with your kids :) My girls and I have had so many wonderful times together (and w/dad too!).

Thank you! I love BFP's :) I saved the 1st BFP from each of my girls..(in ziplocks lol). I hope you get yours right away as well. I'm hoping a good percentage of us here can move on and be bump buddies together!

BOOOOO my epidural didnt work at all I was still fully able to easily move both legs...they kept uping the original dose and i hit pump button often...it just didnt work soooo it was 23 hours of horrible pain...that then lead to emergency c sec in which I started screaming in the middle of bc my pain med quickly wore off and I felt them operating on me so they had to put me to sleep...apparently I went into shock from the pain of being operated on. It was hard...but even still im willing to TTC again lol

:( So sorry you went through all that. But it is amazing what we'll go through for our LO's! I'd happily do it all again...when you look at that little face none of the pain matters anymore.

I might as well have done it natural bc epidural just didnt work...I guess im immune to pain killers...I've always been that way with pain pills over the counter and prescription so next one may be natural!!!

Wow that sounds hard, you poor thing! I've recommended the epidural to all my preggo friends....if their experience is like yours their gonna killlll me lol. FX'd next time is easier for you!!

My introduction...

OMG! I had Brittany when I was 20, Kaitlyn at 22...and if you ask me that's a perfect time to be family orientated! It isn't wrong at all. You're young enough to keep up with your kids :) My girls and I have had so many wonderful times together (and w/dad too!).

Thank you! I love BFP's :) I saved the 1st BFP from each of my girls..(in ziplocks lol). I hope you get yours right away as well. I'm hoping a good percentage of us here can move on and be bump buddies together!

Awww thanks that makes me feel better. Me and OH are high school sweet hearts and to be honest i skipped college because i wanted a family so badly. I had a decent job (thanks to my mom) since high school and i had money so college just didn't seem necessary right away. Once #2 is born and the kids are a bit older i do plan on starting college though.

Oh it drives me crazy when people do that! I loved being pregnant every second, it's such a wonderful thing and so many girls don't seem to realize it. I can't wait to do it again! I have a friend who is 35 weeks along and she's so sick of being pregnant she's doing housework every day and having lots of sex to try to get the baby out. It's so dangerous, she's not even full term :cry: Poor baby.

I must be honest, my 1st preganancy was a breeze (mind you I was only 16!)

My 2nd was a little harder, but I had a job, a Family, a house & 2 dogs to care for & again, I was 10 years older

My 3rd ~ Wowsers :wacko: It was so hard, I had every symptom going and then some! :dohh: By late pregnancy I was even finding it hard to walk & so exhausting I couldnt even walk around the supermarket! :blush: I was now also a fair bit older & im told that 3rd pregnancys are the hardest

Gawd help me for a 4th! :wacko::wacko::haha:

I might as well have done it natural bc epidural just didnt work...I guess im immune to pain killers...I've always been that way with pain pills over the counter and prescription so next one may be natural!!!

I did a bunch of research while pregnant with Mackenzie...since I was planning a VBA2C. Anyway, there are many women who don't feel their epidural...but even though you aren't feeling its full effect it can interfere w/labor progression...especially with the use of pitocin/oxytocin. Your contractions get stronger and become more than you can handle. Many women go on to have horribly long and painful labor/deliveries or end up with emergency c-sections because the intensity gives mom and/or baby so much stress.

Obviously, this isn't the case for everyone...but that scenerio is very common.

I'd suggest going natural if at all possible. I practiced my meditation for several months before I had Mackenzie and I know that's what got me through. There were a few times I was tempted for meds (I finally snapped at the nurse...I figured if she kept offering I'd probably end up accepting and I really didn't want anything). I won't lie...the last 20-30 minutes were very difficult. The amazing and terrific part was...when she came out the pain was gone. When I held her I could swear there was nothing else. No other people, no pain...nothing at all.

When all was said and done I was so happy to have done it naturally! She wasn't affected by medications and I think that was important...especially because she was preemie.

Hi Guys!!

I did post on the previous Sept/Autumn WTTers :) I tried to read this whole thread but it's SOO huge and I've got to go to Zumba in 5 mins lol!

My name's Stacey, I'm 24 (25 in Aug) and am getting married to my OH on 3rd Sept (Jamie, 31) and will be TTC pretty much straight after that!

Looking forward to getting to know you all over the next few months!

xxx

Thank you Kelly :)

I was just reminicing about when Brit n Kait were younger....ah brings tears. Anyhow, I thought I'd share a few things that you ladies may want to try as your LO's get older...granted it'll be several years before these things will be useful...they helped my husband and I tremendously!

1st Day...Having 2 girls 23 months apart has its issues! When the girls were 3 and 5 we started having 1st day. This started out with who got to chose movies or sit with mom during the movie...etc. Brittany was born on an even day, Kaitlyn on an odd...so Brit's 1st days are even numbered days, Kaitlyn's odd days. Whenever we have a question of who gets to do what we ask who's 1st day is it. That girl got to chose or be first on whatever activity or choice. It eliminated arguements :) We still use it and the girls are 16 and and almost 18! The only difference now is that they use it to get out of certain household chores or who gets to drive to school.

High/Low...we took this from a movie with Michele Phiffer. At dinnertime we each go through our high and low of the day. Over the years our family and friends have become accustomed to it as well. We've found that even when our schedules are busy and we have limited time to find out all the days details we can at minimum have the opportunity to share our high and low with each other. Often, a discussion will arise from someone's high or low...but generally we try not to interupt the person who is talking.

We also did regular story time...which many families do. It was such a terrific bonding time for us and the girls. While they were young hubby and I would take turns reading to them. As they got older we each took turns reading and helped the girls to sound out words. When Harry Potter came out we started reading a chapter a night. Each of us took turns and ultimately we read all 7 books together and went to each movie. Can't wait for the final one!

Hope these things don't sound too corny...but even if they do they have been great for our family and we'll no doubt continue to use them with Mackenzie and her future brother or sister :)

Anyone else have activities/ideas for family bonding or making family life easier?

Hi Stacy! Welcome and congrats on your upcoming wedding and TTC journey (hopefully a short journey).

Hi Guys!!

I did post on the previous Sept/Autumn WTTers :) I tried to read this whole thread but it's SOO huge and I've got to go to Zumba in 5 mins lol!

My name's Stacey, I'm 24 (25 in Aug) and am getting married to my OH on 3rd Sept (Jamie, 31) and will be TTC pretty much straight after that!

xxx
OMG A ZUMBA BUDDY!!!!! EEEEEKK!!! Im excited!!

Hi Guys!!

xxx

Hello Stacey :flower: A warm welcome to our group

Please dont forget to vote for its name ~ See page 4 for the list ~ Then just send me a PM with the name you vote for

Evening all!

IHeartBaby - sorry to hear about your friends mother :(

CheerCoach - you got married on my birthday :flower:

Stacey - hello and welcome!!

Labour - average for a first time is 18 hours, average for a second time is 12 hours. Third ones are funny, they can either revert back to being similar to the first or quicker than the second! When the midwife in charge gives me a labourer having her third, I always get nervous as they're so unpredictable :haha:

Breastfeeding - I breastfed for a year, I absolutely loved it and was gutted when she self-weaned when I went back to work :cry:

I've read through the hundred odd posts since I was last here and now can't remember for the life of me what else I was going to comment on, :dohh: baby brain!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->