Welcome to the ttc in fall group..........AUTUMN ACORNS!!!!

aww how adprable is ur baby whilst eating watermelon hehe too cute :D

welcome laurgirl to this fab group =D

thanks for ur advice mackmomma i will try going for a walk, im saying that now but it probably wont happen, oh it cant today as im locked in! just remembered, we lost the spare key for the front door haha. i think it was OH and he thinks it was me LOL. it must be somewhere in the house i would have thought! but OH didnt know and locked the front door this morning LOL!

OH is off for 9 days from work from sunday :D yey! We were going to go to Spain but money is tight so we are staying at home and having a few days out instead, definately to the zoo hehe i cant wait :D

And im still smoke free :D Its really tricky though! argh!!!!!!!

hi pixie, hope your back is feeling better....were u ttc this month?

shabutie i keep forgetting to take my folic too....i leave it in the lounge so when im watching tv, its where i put my tea cup....but still forget!

bluehadeda, sounds like you're going through a tough time...hope u feel better soon

keep it up kitty, its great u've got mackmomma who's been through it to help u too

Hi Girls

We are WTT in Nov

Would you mind if I joined your group ?

xXx

Welcome!!!! We have a weekly contest called WTT'er of the Week. You can submit your vote to me by Friday night with your choice of the girl in the group that stands out to you for any reason whatsoever i.e. someone welcoming, or someone who contributes positively to the group, etc. The winner is announced on Saturdays!

We also have a biweekly newsletter, and I'd love to send it to you, please PM me your email addy!

Welcome!!!!

Welcome Laurgirl :wave:

Morning girls, well more like afternoon.

So Amara got up at 10 this morning, drank 3oz of milk, had a tuny bit of yoghurt and strawberry jam, and is now sound asleep again! Wondering if this is another growth spurt! Hmmm...

So I keep forgetting to take my folic acid, im just not one for tablets, but I must try as the OH is home soon! Hoping and praying that I get pregnant this month. My period is due around the 18th, and OH will be home on the 8th. So perfect timing really. We got pregnant with Amara the first month, so im hoping it happens this quick again, but who knows!

Weather here is awful, the wind last night was so strong, and its now pouring with rain, BOO!

:flower:

WOW I hope your bun in the oven happens as quickly as the first! I've been taking my prenatals, calcium, and iron (thanks to MM) every day now.

FX for you!!!!

Hi girls!! Sorry I've been a bit quiet. We're having such a great holiday (at home) with the kids.

Welcome Laurgil!!! :happydance:

Vicky, maybe just sit down with your son and tell him that though it's great that Bob is his friend, that YOU know when Bob isn't the guilty party. And that you want Kristofer to be honest with you. Good luck!

Some venting from me:
I'm TIRED of waiting for AF to arrive! It's been weeks and all the symptoms are/were there, but still nothing. And the hormone fluctuations are really making me feel ill. I realised a few nights ago that it's not ALL due to hormones though, so I tried some iron supplementation and it's making a huge difference. I've also had strange chest pains for a few weeks now, and I know I must go and check it out, but I just do not want to hear any bad news at this point. Though, I honestly don't think it's really something to worry about. Most likely it's my GERD (reflux) that's acting up. And I don't want to go through all kinds of tests just to be told it's reflux...:dohh:
Sorry for the venting!

Venting is what we are here for!! Sorry AF is late and is making you feel crappy. Could chest pains be from stress? I myself have had chest pains from anxiety, don't know if it could be that possibly for you? Also sorry to hear about the GERD, sounds like quite a pain.

thanks for ur advice mackmomma i will try going for a walk, im saying that now but it probably wont happen, oh it cant today as im locked in! just remembered, we lost the spare key for the front door haha. i think it was OH and he thinks it was me LOL. it must be somewhere in the house i would have thought! but OH didnt know and locked the front door this morning LOL!

OH is off for 9 days from work from sunday :D yey! We were going to go to Spain but money is tight so we are staying at home and having a few days out instead, definately to the zoo hehe i cant wait :D

So glad you get to see OH soon and yay for being smoke free, you're doing GREAT!!!! :happydance: :thumbup: :flower:

shabutie i keep forgetting to take my folic too....i leave it in the lounge so when im watching tv, its where i put my tea cup....but still forget!

bluehadeda, sounds like you're going through a tough time...hope u feel better soon

Mine are in my front room too!! Always forgetting thou. My mum almost saw them too, I had to quickly hide them :haha:

As you guys know, I've been feeling some strange, mixed emotions about TTC in 2 months. Part of me is completely terrified and not really sure if I'm ready, emotionally, physically, financially, etc. I worry that I won't be a good enough mom, I worry that I am selfish and could maybe resent the baby, and I'm scared that I will feel drained. I'm really not trying to be a pessimist. I just know that some women bond really well with their babies, and some don't, and I don't want to be that woman who doesn't.

I know this is going to make me sound ridiculous, but I love my puppy to pieces. I cradle her like a baby, I love nurturing her, and when I found out she had to be on antibiotics because she contracted anaplasmosis from a deer tick, I was protective and worried and concerned and proactive. And when she was a pup, she had a bone bruise in her hind leg and needed a splint, and she cried when she went to the vet, and she moaned the whole day. It broke my heart and I cradled her all day. I did my very best to soothe her. Now she is over a year old and is completely healed, and her legs are super strong, and she is mischievous and plays and runs at warp speed. Now you may laugh that I'm so wrapped up with my puppy, but to me it stands to reason that if I am capable of caring for and loving a dog so strongly, how much more so will I be able to care for my own flesh and blood.

I spent the entire day with my mom yesterday. I got to hear stories of when she was pregnant, that how even though I was unexpected, how she was super excited the minute she knew she was having me. She knew for sure that she wanted to be a mom. She used cloth diapers with me most of the time and used disposables occasionally when we went on an outing. We went shopping yesterday, and we bought some OPK's and a Mickey Mouse & friends night light. I saw so many cute things for kids, like room decorations and coloring books and activity books and crayons and stickers.

I talked to DH last night and asked him if we are ready to start in September. He replied with the question "is anyone ever really ready?" He does have a good point. I said well it could be the difference between going on an all-inclusive vacation yearly just the two of us, or Disney every 5 years. I'm not trying to be selfish, it's just that since we've known each other, we've only gone on 2 vacations out of our own state. I've been feeling a bit restless and itchy if you know what I mean. My passport has expired. I used to live in Spain. While I love my home, there is still so much more out there that I really want to see. I know that having a LO doesn't preclude that, but it will make it more challenging.

Also, DH and I are 31. If not now... when? I honestly would have preferred a 20 year age difference between my child, not 30 like it would be now, and certainly not 40.

I didn't intend for this to be so long. I just needed to get this out. I guess I should paste this into my journal :haha:

I've been pretty bad about remembering my prenatals, too. :blush: But, I HAVE been really good about cutting back on caffiene and sugar! I have a sweeeet tooth, and a pouch of cookie mix in my pantry that's been there for almost a week! Go me! :dance: LOL

LaurGil ~ Sorry to read of your loss :hugs:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shabutie ~ Your Daughter looks to be enjoying that watermelon :thumbup::cloud9:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:hugs: Hakunamatata :hugs: I think your gonna make a fantastic Mum ~ I can tell just by your caring nature & the way you are with people

I think how your feeling is so normal, we never really 'ttc' (charts temps etc) Always just NTNP ~ I think that way its less daunting!

After each of my :bfp: I still uttered the words 'sh*t oh sh*t'! :haha:

Youll be fine :hugs:

As you guys know, I've been feeling some strange, mixed emotions about TTC in 2 months. Part of me is completely terrified and not really sure if I'm ready, emotionally, physically, financially, etc. I worry that I won't be a good enough mom, I worry that I am selfish and could maybe resent the baby, and I'm scared that I will feel drained. I'm really not trying to be a pessimist. I just know that some women bond really well with their babies, and some don't, and I don't want to be that woman who doesn't.

I know this is going to make me sound ridiculous, but I love my puppy to pieces. I cradle her like a baby, I love nurturing her, and when I found out she had to be on antibiotics because she contracted anaplasmosis from a deer tick, I was protective and worried and concerned and proactive. And when she was a pup, she had a bone bruise in her hind leg and needed a splint, and she cried when she went to the vet, and she moaned the whole day. It broke my heart and I cradled her all day. I did my very best to soothe her. Now she is over a year old and is completely healed, and her legs are super strong, and she is mischievous and plays and runs at warp speed. Now you may laugh that I'm so wrapped up with my puppy, but to me it stands to reason that if I am capable of caring for and loving a dog so strongly, how much more so will I be able to care for my own flesh and blood.

I spent the entire day with my mom yesterday. I got to hear stories of when she was pregnant, that how even though I was unexpected, how she was super excited the minute she knew she was having me. She knew for sure that she wanted to be a mom. She used cloth diapers with me most of the time and used disposables occasionally when we went on an outing. We went shopping yesterday, and we bought some OPK's and a Mickey Mouse & friends night light. I saw so many cute things for kids, like room decorations and coloring books and activity books and crayons and stickers.

I talked to DH last night and asked him if we are ready to start in September. He replied with the question "is anyone ever really ready?" He does have a good point. I said well it could be the difference between going on an all-inclusive vacation yearly just the two of us, or Disney every 5 years. I'm not trying to be selfish, it's just that since we've known each other, we've only gone on 2 vacations out of our own state. I've been feeling a bit restless and itchy if you know what I mean. My passport has expired. I used to live in Spain. While I love my home, there is still so much more out there that I really want to see. I know that having a LO doesn't preclude that, but it will make it more challenging.

Also, DH and I are 31. If not now... when? I honestly would have preferred a 20 year age difference between my child, not 30 like it would be now, and certainly not 40.

I didn't intend for this to be so long. I just needed to get this out. I guess I should paste this into my journal :haha:

these are all things to think about before having children and most dont even think of these things. an i wouldnt be worried about you carring or loving your baby. most woman are giving up there children when they find out they are pregnant but as they go thru the emotions of having a child in them and then birth its an unconditional love. and im sure you will do anything for your child just as you have done for your puppy.

You are going to be the best mom you LO could ever ask for, you know that? :hugs: The fact that you are even concerned in the least about all of those things just proves it.

I worry too that I won't be a good mom. I didn't have the best role model for it, ya know? I mean I love my mom, but she did and said a lot of things as a parent that I look back on and think "WOW, there is no way I would EVER put my kids through that!.... but will I even know if I am???"

My puppy is my baby, too. She's 2 and a half now, and just the light of my little world. :cloud9: We got her at 5 weeks old from some people (my little brother's baby mamma's parents, actually - total white trash) who just let their dogs breed whenever, never got any of them fixed, etc... she was so flea-infested when we brought her home that when we put the puppy Frontline on her, you could literally see the fleas jumping off for their lives. I swept up a pile of dead fleas about the size of a dime in my palm. :cry: I was so mad that anyone could treat such a sweet, cute thing that way! When she was 4 months old, she somehow got ahold of my BCP and ate like 4 of the hormone pills! I must have knocked them off my nightstand in my sleep. :dohh: I called the vet and when he said "Yeah, you need to bring her in ASAP" I almost had a heart attack - I thought my little baby was going to die! They had to induce vomiting and everything. It was so traumatic. :cry: I had to leave her at the vet's all day and overnight so they could monitor her just in case she'd digested too many of the hormones. I felt like the worst person ever!! So, I know exactly how you feel about that. I wonder to myself sometimes if it's even possible for me to love something/someone more than I do my little girl.

It's scary business, bringing a kid into this world. Your DH is right, is anyone ever really 100% ready? Even if you think you are, babies still have minds of their own, and will do and say the craziest, weirdest, scariest, funniest things - expecting the unexpected is probably the only way I'm going to get through it!

:hugs: I love you and you are going to make a fantastic mom.

Thanks guys!

MM I'm so glad your pup was okay!!! I was feeling guilty too cuz the reason she bruised her bone was because DH and I left her in the car for 2 seconds and she managed to get tangled up in the seat belt and kind of lurched forward and messed up her leg. It wasn't very long that we left her but we were at a rest stop and we had our other dog with us who I was walking for a few minutes so she could pee, and it just happened so fast.

Of course I'd never leave my human LO alone in the car :haha:

hm - i don't think it's a bad thing that you love your puppy.... it's very sweet - i am sure you will make an awesome mummy when the time comes :D

Well here's my catching up to the last 4 or 5 pages :rofl:
Welcome Laurgirl :wave:

Morning girls, well more like afternoon.

So Amara got up at 10 this morning, drank 3oz of milk, had a tuny bit of yoghurt and strawberry jam, and is now sound asleep again! Wondering if this is another growth spurt! Hmmm...

So I keep forgetting to take my folic acid, im just not one for tablets, but I must try as the OH is home soon! Hoping and praying that I get pregnant this month. My period is due around the 18th, and OH will be home on the 8th. So perfect timing really. We got pregnant with Amara the first month, so im hoping it happens this quick again, but who knows!

Weather here is awful, the wind last night was so strong, and its now pouring with rain, BOO!

It's :rain: here too! For about 5 hours now I've been hearing thunder and lightning and rain... nothing outside on the list of things to do today so that's a plus! Wow congrats on concieving Amara in the first month! :dust: for the next one... and :yipee: again for OH coming home!!! The watermelon pics are adorable!!! :baby:
Hi girls!! Sorry I've been a bit quiet. We're having such a great holiday (at home) with the kids.

Vicky, maybe just sit down with your son and tell him that though it's great that Bob is his friend, that YOU know when Bob isn't the guilty party. And that you want Kristofer to be honest with you. Good luck!

Some venting from me:
I'm TIRED of waiting for AF to arrive! It's been weeks and all the symptoms are/were there, but still nothing. And the hormone fluctuations are really making me feel ill. I realised a few nights ago that it's not ALL due to hormones though, so I tried some iron supplementation and it's making a huge difference. I've also had strange chest pains for a few weeks now, and I know I must go and check it out, but I just do not want to hear any bad news at this point. Though, I honestly don't think it's really something to worry about. Most likely it's my GERD (reflux) that's acting up. And I don't want to go through all kinds of tests just to be told it's reflux...:dohh:
Sorry for the venting!
:hugs: venting is what we're here for! I hope you get to feeling better soon!!!
Thank you all for your welcomes

Great group ,everyone seems lovely

Everything crossed my OH gets signed off his overseas job this month so we can TTC in Nov

How is everyone today ?

Me & LO are hiding in doors such heavy rain , thunder & lightening ,I had to tell him that the clouds wee racing in the sky & had a crash Ha Ha

Thought AF had arrived but now I think its just more bleeding after D&C this is going in to the 3rd week but have mostly been staining ,anyone else had this ???

Would love a flapjack tho dong weight watchers at the moment so it will be an Alpen light bar for me

xXx
:hugs: so sorry for your loss hun! Good luck with weight watchers too :flower:

:wohoo: still smoke free! I'm sure you and OH will still have a great time even if you can't afford a fancy trip! Enjoy the time together!!! Oh and think of the extra couple of souvenirs you can buy from the zoo or extra activities you can do now that you're not buying ciggarettes!!! :happydance:

@HK You will make an amazing mom! I agree with what MM says... you're thinking about everything before having an LO and that just shows you want to be prepared! But you really can't be! Even from one child to the next you don't know what to expect and you certainly can't cover everything for your first! The important thing is that you will love your baby!!! :baby: I think we all get cold feet about having an LO. It's easy to plan and pick things out but when you have to think about the baby actually being here!!! Holy crap that's scary! :rofl: But it will be worth it the second that LO is in your arms :) :happydance:

Hey ladies... I tried to share a link on facebook but it didn't work :shrug: This was meant for the discussion on sharing bfp's and predictions :) I started a thread a while back about how to share bfp's and there are some neat ideas...

https://www.babyandbump.com/waiting-to-try/636170-you-going-share-bfp-you-get.html

welcome Laurgil!:wave:

tgrirl....could be IB,a UTI, or your AF on its way.....i sometimes get a pink tinge a day or two before i start, but ive also had it when had a UTI....i really hope its IB for you!!

Haha! I read this and thought... really it could be ib? And got all excited... then I realized I'm not bleeding.. WOW I'm tired! :)

these are all things to think about before having children and most dont even think of these things. an i wouldnt be worried about you carring or loving your baby. most woman are giving up there children when they find out they are pregnant but as they go thru the emotions of having a child in them and then birth its an unconditional love. and im sure you will do anything for your child just as you have done for your puppy.

I think it's good to worry about this stuff. It shows you're thinking about it from all angles and not just the "cute a cuddly baby" side of things. It changes your life completely and to go into it bull headed and blind is just utter madness.

Don't worry, you'll be a great mom!

I know what you girls mean about the folic acid, I keep having to hide mine as I don't want to have to explain to my familiy that we're trying from next month (i don't want the pressure and being asked every tyime I see them), so they usually end up in my bag and I completely forget!

I've ran two of my pill packets together recently, I'm at the end of my 5th week of constantly being on the pill, and hell is it making me cranky! I only ran em together because we worked out I wouldn't be "on" on our holiday and we could start ttc, but this is making me grateful for AF!! Feel a bit sorry for DH who's having to take the brunt of it lol! :brat:

hakunamatata :hugs: you will be a brilliant mummy! my LO wasnt planned and i thought all the same things as you, it is scary but i know your'll do great :D :hugs:

Some venting from me:
Sorry for the venting!

Venting is what we are here for!! Sorry AF is late and is making you feel crappy. Could chest pains be from stress? I myself have had chest pains from anxiety, don't know if it could be that possibly for you? Also sorry to hear about the GERD, sounds like quite a pain.
You know, that could be it! Anxiety! I've been very stressed for 18 months because of the doctors' struggle to diagnose my daughter's occult tethered cord, and then when they did, she had to have a huge back operation and a longish stay in hospital with some complications, so it was very stressful. Maybe it has caught up with me now? Thanx everyone, I'm sure I'll feel fine again soon.

About your long post on your feelings....don't worry, what you're feeling is so perfectly normal! I felt it before every baby. This time again. Someone told me once that's why we have to carry a baby for 9 months. It gives you time to prepare, accept, plan, believe, get excited, fall in love with the baby, etc. Someone that loves and cares for their animal as much as you do, will most definitely love their child without ever resenting it. Yes, plans and futures changes once you have children. But somehow, you just don't care anymore. Your whole perspective changes and adapts.

BabyMaybe, I'll read through that thread later tonight, looks very interesting! I have no idea how I'll tell my dh this time, so I can do with some cool ideas...:thumbup:

Laurgil, sorry you had experienced a loss...:hugs:

Shabuti, those watermelon pics are sooooo cute!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->