Welcome to the ttc in fall group..........AUTUMN ACORNS!!!!

Do you mind if I join? DH and I are waiting until Sept to TTC #1. I'm in my last year of pharmacy school so we're waiting so that I can finish with my exams before any possible due dates. Not long now, but it feels like I've been waiting forever and I can't wait for the time to come!
Looking forward to getting to know you all! :hugs:

big :hugs: HM, that was uncalled for saying what he said to you, hope you can sort it out x

and welcome to the group littleunit :wave:

It's so weird for me being up this early! Usually me and Jackson wake at 8am like clockwork.

OH isn't up yet and i was actually able to start his coffee for him....he's gonna be so proud :rofl:

WTT'er of the Week votes are due Friday! Please pick a lady that you wish to recognize and a reason or 2 why you are choosing her. Winner(s) will be announced on Saturday.

Thanks for participating!!!!!

:thumbup: :flower: :happydance:

DH and I both can't really sleep right now. It is about 5am and I think it is just too warm... so for a little I have given up trying... I am really eager to get home, and actually (only a little) looking forward to going back to work.

Hope everyone else is doing well. :)

Funny how that works isn't it? Once your back into your usual routine at home and work... i'm sure you'll want nothing more than to be back on vacation! :haha:

Probably.. but I'll se so busy with work and school, maybe I won't notice (she says hopefully...) :)

Do you mind if I join? DH and I are waiting until Sept to TTC #1. I'm in my last year of pharmacy school so we're waiting so that I can finish with my exams before any possible due dates. Not long now, but it feels like I've been waiting forever and I can't wait for the time to come!

Welcome! What part of Canada are you from?

We managed to sleep 2 hours, now we are back in Paris, tomorrow is their National holiday so that should be interesting! Then home on Saturday!!!!!!

Welcome to AA littlenut.....

hope everyone is doing good, last night i had mild pressure cramps in my lower abdomen and some spotting on when i wiped so i hope that was IB Fx'd. for:af: . sometimes i feel like im in and sometimes i feel like im out. so just wish the BFP would show or AF so i can stop going well maybe... i test tomorrow. but may wait till thursday!best wishes to all.

Thanks for the welcome everybody!
trgirl - I grew up on Vancouver Island and then DH and I lived in Ottawa for a few years. I now split my time between Saskatoon (where I go to school) and Calgary (where DH is for work). I love, love Montreal!

Does anyone have or know anyone who has one of those Babystart focus things? I saw them on Amazon recently and wondered if they really do work :haha:

trgirl - I grew up on Vancouver Island and then DH and I lived in Ottawa for a few years. I now split my time between Saskatoon (where I go to school) and Calgary (where DH is for work). I love, love Montreal!

Wow, that is a lot of moving around! I have never been past Winnipeg, but I would love to visit Vancouver, I have some friends there and I hear that it is beautiful! I love living in Montreal, we would maybe leave to go to Ottawa, but that is only cuz it is still close enough to drive back. :)

What are you studying? Do you find the commute hard? Do you drive or fly betwen Calgary and Saskatoon?

Welcome! :flower: Congrats on the last year of pharmacy school! I'm in nursing school and will graduate in May and our TTC date is based on a due date after graduation! :yipee:

Welcome to AA littlenut.....

hope everyone is doing good, last night i had mild pressure cramps in my lower abdomen and some spotting on when i wiped so i hope that was IB Fx'd. for:af: . sometimes i feel like im in and sometimes i feel like im out. so just wish the BFP would show or AF so i can stop going well maybe... i test tomorrow. but may wait till thursday!best wishes to all.
Fx'd for you! :dust: Hoping for a :bfp: for you! I'm dreading the 2WW's when I start TTC. :dohh:
Does anyone have or know anyone who has one of those Babystart focus things? I saw them on Amazon recently and wondered if they really do work :haha:
:blush: looked on amazon and can't figure out what this thing is you're referring too! :dohh: Obviously I can't help you out with it. :rofl: Hopefully someone has some advice for you! :haha:

It's an ovulation microscope! I'll find some bumf for you to read :D

Here it is on UK Amazon

The Babystart FertilFocus is a high-quality saliva-based fertility test (or personal ovulation microscope) that allows you to predict ovulation with accuracy. The perfect helper for couples trying to conceive.
Babystart FertilFocus is a reusable ovulation predictor test, meaning you receive unlimited tests in one high-quality, low-cost personal ovulation microscope. The microscope comes with complete instructions and an ovulation fertility chart for tracking results. Understanding how to use the microscope takes no time at all. With a powerful glass 60X lens and gentle LED light, just focus the eyepiece to view your test result. For best results, test in the morning before eating or drinking or brushing your teeth, and then record results on a calendar or fertility chart. Soon, you will recognise the unique saliva patterns that indicate infertile, fertile, and transitional periods.

Trying to Conceive? Then increase your chances of pregnancy by removing the guesswork from conception!

Using Babystart FertilFocus is easy. Simply add a drop of saliva to the lens and let the sample dry. In five minutes, view the sample through the microscope. Press the LED light button and focus the eyepiece of the microscope to sharpen the image. If you are ovulating - or about to ovulate - a "ferning", crystal-like pattern can be viewed.

Babystart FertilFocus works by allowing you to see the changes in the make up of your saliva just prior to ovulation. The "ferning pattern" indicating a positive result will begin to appear about three days before ovulation, whether your cycle is regular or irregular. Babystart FertilFocus allows you to predict ovulation with 98% accuracy, helping trying-to-conceive couples "FertilFocus on fertility" and increase their chances of a pregnancy.

Salivary Ferning.
For many years the 'gold standard' test for ovulation in hospitals has been based upon taking a sample of cervical mucus, placing it on a microscope slide and allowing it to dry, and see if it forms a distinct 'ferning' pattern. This test could only be performed reliably in hospitals or clinics but was generally a reliable indicator of ovulation. The ferning pattern was believed to be caused by changes in oestrogen levels and certain minerals in the cervical mucus at ovulation. However, there is also a change in content of hormones and minerals in the saliva around the time of ovulation which causes the saliva to form fern like crystals when it dries.

The Babystart FertilFocus device is relatively inexpensive because it is reusable and you can check your fertility at any time, anyplace. The "fern" structure starts 3-4 days before ovulation and ends 2-3 days after ovulation ceases--the fertile period lasts less than one week. In practice this means that this simple device can help identify the right time of the month in which to have intercourse for the best chances of becoming pregnant.

Thanks! I'm in the US so when I searched Amazon it didn't bring it up. :dohh: I've heard of people using ferning and it being fairly accurate but I don't know anything about it. But it's cheaper than buying OPK's all the time!!! A quick bnb search turned up these results. https://www.babyandbump.com/search.php?searchid=6935781 hope it helps!

Wow, that is a lot of moving around! I have never been past Winnipeg, but I would love to visit Vancouver, I have some friends there and I hear that it is beautiful! I love living in Montreal, we would maybe leave to go to Ottawa, but that is only cuz it is still close enough to drive back. :)

What are you studying? Do you find the commute hard? Do you drive or fly betwen Calgary and Saskatoon?

DH and I loved living Ottawa. I'm studying pharmacy and unfortunately there are no pharmacy schools in Ottawa so we needed to move...I was also pretty limited as a lot of places won't accept from out of province. We mostly fly between Calgary and Saskatoon (it's about a 6.5 hr drive so fairly long for a short trip). Mostly DH comes as our cat lives with me in Saskatoon and doesn't travel well, but I come to Calgary for the 4 month summer break and for holidays. It's definitely been less than ideal, but we've managed a bit of a routine with him coming every second Thurs until Sun or so... thank goodness there's only 8 months left!
Vancouver is a pretty city as is Victoria. As much as we loved Ottawa we'll probably stick to out west to be close to my family. We would love to be in Victoria but it will probably be Vancouver for DH's work... I just wish real estate wasn't so outrageous there!

Thanks! I'm in the US so when I searched Amazon it didn't bring it up. :dohh: I've heard of people using ferning and it being fairly accurate but I don't know anything about it. But it's cheaper than buying OPK's all the time!!! A quick bnb search turned up these results. https://www.babyandbump.com/search.php?searchid=6935781 hope it helps!

I had a quick read through and it seemed to me that no-one could work it easily or well. I think I'll just temp and check CF :haha:
Thanks for looking chick x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->