Welcome to the ttc in fall group..........AUTUMN ACORNS!!!!

Thanks Chick! I keep thinking "I can have ONE...." but I have to be strong :haha:

Hey ladies can I join you?

Im going to be TTC number 2 from September (though NTNP in August). Very excited to see you all here, wishing lots of baby dust to us all! Can I get the siggy too?

xx
Welcome! :flower:
Welcome Purplerat :)
What is everyone doing for the weekend? Thena is spending tonight at nanas :( But were going to go spend some time at the beach first :) Which is right by nanas house so we might see if she will come play with us there for awhile. Athenas been asking to make a sand castle since yesterday so will be very excited to go do that today :) Its weird though the first time we went swimming ran right up in up to her waist... Now she barely wants to put her feet in :( It was fun wading out there with her and splashing and kept her cool now sitting on the sand she gets hot and tired really quickly so we don't spend as much time there. Maybe she was just having off days the last two times though. Going to try and remember to bring my camera today but it is dying and all the pictures come out pixilated now :( But its better then none.
Sounds like a great time! I wish we lived near the beach. :haha:
Congrats HM!! :happydance:

Bnb is finally working for me, the formats been being really fruity lately.

So last night i decided to start weaning Jackson from his pacifier. I always said that i would never let him use it past 6 months and look how old he is now :dohh: It went ok but i think he's gonna have some trouble self settling. He cried for it a bit after finishing his bedtime bottle but he was so tired he finally just lay his head down on my shoulder and fell asleep 15 minutes later. I love the awake-but-sleepy cuddles! :) We'll have to see how it goes tonight...i think i just got lucky!
Good luck with no more pacifier... I used to babysit a little girl who at 3 years old still used hers! When she was about 4 or 5 the dentist finally convinced the parents to take it away from her! All of her teeth were coming in crooked from it!!! Poor little girl. :( Maybe that doesn't happen with all children who use one for that long but it definetely has me convinced that I will start weaning around 6 months as well!!!
Thanks Chick! I keep thinking "I can have ONE...." but I have to be strong :haha:
Woo hoo!!! :yipee: Stay strong!!!

Congrats HM!! :happydance:

Bnb is finally working for me, the formats been being really fruity lately.

So last night i decided to start weaning Jackson from his pacifier. I always said that i would never let him use it past 6 months and look how old he is now :dohh: It went ok but i think he's gonna have some trouble self settling. He cried for it a bit after finishing his bedtime bottle but he was so tired he finally just lay his head down on my shoulder and fell asleep 15 minutes later. I love the awake-but-sleepy cuddles! :) We'll have to see how it goes tonight...i think i just got lucky!

My youngest sister had hers until she started school at 5!

Welcome to Autumn Acorns purplerat!

Congrats HM!

Yesterday was so disappointing, but I'm feeling much better today. I'm going on vacation soon so I probably won't be on much for the next three weeks as I'll be having to spend all my extra time getting my homework done. I'll try and keep up on the thread so I don't get completely behind - I'll probably keep up more on FB. I love all of you ladies.

:dust: to you all! Best of luck for those ttc in the next 3 weeks while I'm away.

Hello ladies! So we are safely home! This morning our alarm didn't go off, so we were in a huge hurry, but then the plane was late so it didn't matter. We got on and we were seated in the LAST row, which is the worst. But when we got all the way to the back of the plane our seats were filld, so the flight attendant said well I have two other seats for you, and brought us right up to first class. WOOHOO! Great way to end our honeymoon! Super comfy chairs, free food, and ridiculous amounts of alcohol for 7 hours straight! Crazy!

So we are home, and super tired, but really happy and our dog is so cute! And now we go to sleep. Thanks ladies!

Welcome purplerat!

xxx

Well I've posted in my journal and on FB :haha: but my armoire is finally done!!! It seems like it's taken forever (perhaps because I messed it up and had to fix it LOL) but it's done... this is copied from my journal...

:yipee: It's done... it's finally done!!! I finished my armoire and took pics this evening :)

My armoire :) Or I guess my future LO's armoire!!! It started out as a dark cherry type color with stickers, and horrible stain on it. I've sanded it, painted it, and I love it!!!
https://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc483/BabyMaybe917/004-1.jpg
Inside, with drawers on bottom and a clothes bar across the top :) Oh you can also see the little green photo frame. I painted it too match and added the little monkey too! I have an extra monkey and I'm going to pick up another frame to have a set. :)
https://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc483/BabyMaybe917/003.jpg
The handles I picked out. I thought they were fun and fit perfect!
https://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc483/BabyMaybe917/006.jpg
I decided to add new trim too... I thought leaves would go perfect with my monkey theme!!! :)
https://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc483/BabyMaybe917/008.jpg

Welcome to Autumn Acorns purplerat!

Congrats HM!

Yesterday was so disappointing, but I'm feeling much better today. I'm going on vacation soon so I probably won't be on much for the next three weeks as I'll be having to spend all my extra time getting my homework done. I'll try and keep up on the thread so I don't get completely behind - I'll probably keep up more on FB. I love all of you ladies.

:dust: to you all! Best of luck for those ttc in the next 3 weeks while I'm away.

I hope you have a great time while you're gone! What a bummer to have to do homework on vacation though... :shrug:

Welcome to AA Purplerat!! PM'd you the link for the siggy :)

Babymaybe - :shock: that armoire is beautifully done!! I wish my baby had so much space for stuff... i will have to think of buying one for #2. Not creative enough to make one that gorgeous though!

Have fun on your trip Pixie, we will miss youuu!! :hugs:

Good luck with no more pacifier... I used to babysit a little girl who at 3 years old still used hers! When she was about 4 or 5 the dentist finally convinced the parents to take it away from her! All of her teeth were coming in crooked from it!!! Poor little girl. :( Maybe that doesn't happen with all children who use one for that long but it definetely has me convinced that I will start weaning around 6 months as well!!!

My youngest sister had hers until she started school at 5!

My sister had one too...until she was 4. :( I can't stand to see toddlers trying to talk with a binky hanging out of their mouth, it makes me cringe. In infants pacifiers have been shown to decrease the chance of SIDS...and ironically, my son only likes them for falling asleep. So it all worked out :haha: However, I weighed the risks and decided to stop at 6 months... SIDS decreases significantly at 6 months and he's getting his teeth in now so even more reason! Unfortunately, i fought with him for 2 hours tonight before he finally fell asleep. He decided that since i wasn't going to give him his binky he was going to stay up and play instead! :coffee:

Trgirl ~ Welcome home & wow to first class.:happydance:..What was it like? :winkwink:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Babymayby ~ Love your nursery pictures, way cute & lovely details :kiss:

Hello ladies! So we are safely home! This morning our alarm didn't go off, so we were in a huge hurry, but then the plane was late so it didn't matter. We got on and we were seated in the LAST row, which is the worst. But when we got all the way to the back of the plane our seats were filld, so the flight attendant said well I have two other seats for you, and brought us right up to first class. WOOHOO! Great way to end our honeymoon! Super comfy chairs, free food, and ridiculous amounts of alcohol for 7 hours straight! Crazy!

Welcome home! It's always nice to be home and sleep in your own bed after a long vacation. Yay, for the upgrade! :happydance:

Well I've posted in my journal and on FB :haha: but my armoire is finally done!!! It seems like it's taken forever (perhaps because I messed it up and had to fix it LOL) but it's done... this is copied from my journal...

Your armoire looks fantastic! Great job... I love the color! :thumbup:

My sister had one too...until she was 4. :( I can't stand to see toddlers trying to talk with a binky hanging out of their mouth, it makes me cringe. In infants pacifiers have been shown to decrease the chance of SIDS...and ironically, my son only likes them for falling asleep. So it all worked out :haha: However, I weighed the risks and decided to stop at 6 months... SIDS decreases significantly at 6 months and he's getting his teeth in now so even more reason! Unfortunately, i fought with him for 2 hours tonight before he finally fell asleep. He decided that since i wasn't going to give him his binky he was going to stay up and play instead! :coffee:

I didn't know that about pacifiers and SIDS... good to know :thumbup: I also completely agree about toddlers and pacifiers!

Trgirl ~ Welcome home & wow to first class.:happydance:..What was it like? :winkwink:

It was amazing, I couldn't believe how different it was from economy. Everything was served in glass instead of plastic, we had an entre, and then our meal. Throughout the flight we had snacks, at one point they even served us warm cookies! And they kept bringing us alcohol, and that is just what they served without us having to ask... if you did want anything else you just asked and they got it.. crazy! I don't think I can fly coach again...

Other than being awake since 4.30 am we are super happy to be home! Now let the thank you cards begin! Hope everyone has a great day! :)

Thanks to you all for the nice welcome!

A little about me. I'm 22, engaged to OH for 2 years and we have a son called William who is 18 months old today! I'm a part time youth worker and video production assistant.

Will has two genetic conditions called Autosomal Recessive Polycystic Kidney Disease (ARPKD) and Hyperinsulinism, both of which could happen to our next child ( 1 in 4). He had a difficult first year and we are regular visitors of Great Ormond Street Hopsital but he is doing so well we really wanna give him a little brother or sister! xx

oooh similarities :) I'm 22 and have a 6.5 month old...were also hoping to give him a little brother or sister! Oh and William is so adorable....just like Jack! :haha:

Sorry he had a rough first year, poor guy. Glad he's doing better! xx

Well done HM :D :hugs:

Welcome to the group purplerat :wave: Bless your little man having a rough year, he looks such a cutie in your signature and avatar :)

BabyMaybe917 that armoire is gorgeous! :thumbup: I love your whole monkey theme :)

And well done Mrs Gibbo keep strong! You dont need them! Your doing so well :hugs:

Hi again ladies!

I'm sorry I don't post much, but I do read this regularly!

I had an ankle operation on Tuesday, so while I am off work (6 weeks off and 5 days in I'm already bored!) and laid up, I plan to be looking for a donor, as I want to start TTC in Sept.

Only problem with this plan is that I am staying with my parents while I'm off, as I can't do an awful lot by myself, and they have no idea of my plans!

This is now extra important to me as we had some bad news this week - my dad has cancer again. :cry::cry::cry::cry: He had lung cancer 2 years ago, and after surgery and chemo he beat it, but then found a lump in his underarm and had a biopsy on Monday. I knew it wasn't good when they gave him a call to come in on Thursday.

I'm really angry about it as well as tremendously upset, as he had CT scans at the hospital in March and May, and it should have been picked up then. :growlmad:

So I will hopefully be posting a little more, but I will definitely be reading if nothing else!!

hello babymakestwo, hope the docs can help your dad...thinking of u all x

welcome purplerat!...sorry you lo had a tough yr, glad he's better now...and im sure he'll look forward to a brother/sister

tgrirl....1st class!!!....sounds great and u can see whu people pay for it....lucky u got the upgrade!!...nice end to the honeymoon, hope u had a fab time!

well...its officially ttc this week!!!
:happydance:

so there will be lots of :sex: this week! :winkwink:

so please send me lots of :dust:

good luck to everyone ttc/tww! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member