Welcome to the ttc in fall group..........AUTUMN ACORNS!!!!

Well I've started babysitting this week. She's 6 months old and her dad works with DH. I only watch her for a few hours to cover the lapse between her mom and dad's shifts. He works until 4:30pm and she goes in at 2:00pm. Their LO is absolutely adorable... such a smiley happy little girl!!!

DH and I have also been looking for a more kid friendly vehicle. I have a 4 dr car which is supposed to be kid friendly but quite frankly it's a pain the butt! I want an SUV or a 4 dr truck that's easier and roomier for LO's. So the search is on!!! Plus if we buy me something now we can take advantage of a credit on sales tax since we just sold DH's car as well! :happydance:

That must be fun to be babysitting. An old friend from HS works with OH and his gf is pregnant. She's around 30 weeks or so don't remember the exact but I have been asked to baby sit from when he picks OH up to bring him to work to when she gets out once she goes back to work. I am mostly excited to start and have a lot longer to get more excited about starting and not just jealous she still has her baby. I have made her a baby blanket and the mom has been sleeping with it since I gave it to her so its smells like her. I did the same thing with a bunch of Athenas. She would only sleep with those ones it was cute but it meant I had to rotate which ones I slept with too.

About the car choices. My moms 4 door truck has always been the worst with Athenas car seats. I know not all trucks are the same but her truck and my friends trucks never have really given a whole lot of space for car seats. SUV's have always been perfect but obviously you don't have the benefit of the truck to move things and what not. But SUV's do tend to have a lot of storage in the back. We have a mini van we are trading in for a regular car in December or early Jan. The minivan has been horrible on gas and is just way to big. We have an entire row of seats we just leave in our storage in order to be able to bring things with us and we never have to use them. I know when we get the car we will have some trouble to adjusting but we will be saving enough on gas to make it worth it.

WTTer of the Week votes due Friday!!

Also, I'm sorry to announce that I will not be continuing the newsletter. I was going to try to do it every other week instead, but I just haven't been able to come onto bnb as often as I would like. I will try to be online when I can, but unfortunately I can't commit to the newsletter. If someone else wants to take over, the position is open!

Hugs!!!! :hugs:

I went to my local thrifty shop just to keep my mind off of the whole bfp thing and whats going on with my body. Plus my kiddos are at their grandparents on a sleep over so I actually had some me time. The first area I come to when in the shop is the book section I think ok I might find some cookbooks or something to read to keep my mind off things. First book I see on rack is… What to Expect when Expecting…. Im like really is this a joke God? Ok next to it is Your pregnancy week by week… ok, lol.. then The Very Best Baby Name Book….. really is this really suppose to be a sign, because I told my husband If I am pregers I wanted to get these three because I no longer had them. Because when I was prego before I read them like they were all to guide every day. Lol weird and they were only .50 cents each. So ya I bought them. God has a since of humor these days…

HK i don't blame u....the newsletter must be v time consuming....although it was a good read, i think most could live without it?!...esp if they get on here regularly

kellysays2u...glad you've had a good chat with your oh xx

sw33rp3a thats v strange coincidence?!...

baby54 im sure oh will soon perk up....he's prob tired, maybe worried about having to perform?!...guys worry about these things....and we always presume guys want :sex: whenever!

im the one who gets fed up with :sex: but i dont let on to oh...its not him...my anxiety pills take away my libido!....

I think everyone understands, HM. It was so nice of you to do the newsletter for so long, but we'll be okay. ;)

Babyb54, I'm sure your oh will come around. When we were ttc the last time, dh said it felt like a job sometimes. This time he wants to make it more fun, and so do I. He suggested making different nights theme nights. (Use your imagination.) :haha:

TMI: I'm bleeding again :( It's still very irregular... I feel like I have AF every other week which doesn't make any sense! I wish I would have gotten off BC a few months ago instead of finishing up the pill packs :brat: Ah well, it'll sort itself out eventually. I bought a 20 pack of OPK's on amazon so at least i will know when i'm the most fertile! Bring on the :sex::spermy::sex::spermy::sex: :spermy: !!

Many have already heard from facebook but one of my close friends since grade school passed away on Saturday :( Brittany was diagnosed with a brain tumor when she was 17 and the doctors told her she only had a year to live :sad1: She far surpassed their expectations and was 22 when she passed away. The funeral is on friday and i wouldn't feel right if i didn't go... but it's a 5 hour trip! OH said that he would drive us tomorrow night (so i can tend to the baby in the backseat when needed...) and we are going to stay at a motel until the funeral friday. It's going to be nice to see some people i haven't seen in a long time, i just wish it was under better circumstances :cry:

iHeart - I am so sorry about your friend, hope you have a safe trip..:hugs:

Anyone know anything about soy isoflavones?

I am planning on taking them when we try and concieve. There is a group of girls on here Soy Isoflavones Natures Clomid that have heaps of info, or PM me and I can give you a quick run down.. :)

Thanks for all the support girls! I just had a mini pout. I'm good now. DH and I talked and of course y'all are right. It just feels worse being the woman being rejected because of the stereotype that men always want it.. But he was just tired and wound up from a meeting he'd had before lunch and blah blah. Will try again tonight but no biggie if it doesn't happen. Gotta keep the TTC part of me in check! :haha:

I did...and I'd only tell you girls so don't think anything of me...but I did get a "movie" for us. :blush: I think it'll be a fun way to spice it up. :winkwink: If nothing else it'll totally shock my DH. :rofl:

I went to my local thrifty shop just to keep my mind off of the whole bfp thing and whats going on with my body. Plus my kiddos are at their grandparents on a sleep over so I actually had some me time. The first area I come to when in the shop is the book section I think ok I might find some cookbooks or something to read to keep my mind off things. First book I see on rack is… What to Expect when Expecting…. Im like really is this a joke God? Ok next to it is Your pregnancy week by week… ok, lol.. then The Very Best Baby Name Book….. really is this really suppose to be a sign, because I told my husband If I am pregers I wanted to get these three because I no longer had them. Because when I was prego before I read them like they were all to guide every day. Lol weird and they were only .50 cents each. So ya I bought them. God has a since of humor these days…

Gotta be a sign! :flower:

Just wanted to leave some :hugs: for everyone else with losses this week :(
OH and I finally got to REALLY talk about it today. He doesn't seem to hurt by the loss but that doesn't surprise me to to much I know he's hurt by it but we also have different views on when a baby is a baby and has a hard time really feeling it as a loss I guess. Its hard to know that but he did say he was on board to try again when we get the all clear. I guess he talked to his buddies about it at work and he thinks to is now better then just one. There taking him out to the bar on friday... I am guessing maybe he is more upset then he lets me see? That would be like him. Athena has been a little princess about everything. I have been SOOO sick as well and shes always so good and patient with me when I don't feel good. She is such a caring person. I feel bad we still go do things like we went out this morning to play but it's 93 degrees farenheit here so didn't get to play for two long. But its cute she knows where the water is and she keeps bringing it to me and she keeps bringing out her fake doctor supplies and taking my temperature and feeling my four head. Then she looks at the thermometer all serious and goes hmmm not good seventy eight! Then says mommy drink up and she has a fake medicine syringe she makes me pretend to take... Apparently 78 is way to high a temperature. She really does cheer me up. Feeling better today but haven't been able to eat anything so its been making me shakey and what not. Waiting for Athena to wake up from her nap now then we will have a snack then she will help me make spaghetti because she loves to help with it. I hope you all are having a good day.

Babyb54 I hope OH gets back in the mood quickly. He's probably just tired :)
KellyC75 I was the same way till about 15 weeks then I got more in the mood then ever before till about 28 weeks then it went back to being a chore haha. Everyone is so different with there pregnancies and sex drives its weird.

I hope you feel better soon! Your daughter sounds adorable!!!!! :)

Thanks for all the support girls! I just had a mini pout. I'm good now. DH and I talked and of course y'all are right. It just feels worse being the woman being rejected because of the stereotype that men always want it.. But he was just tired and wound up from a meeting he'd had before lunch and blah blah. Will try again tonight but no biggie if it doesn't happen. Gotta keep the TTC part of me in check! :haha:

I did...and I'd only tell you girls so don't think anything of me...but I did get a "movie" for us. :blush: I think it'll be a fun way to spice it up. :winkwink: If nothing else it'll totally shock my DH. :rofl:

Enjoy! :happydance:

LOL! "Enjoy" That's like when you buy condoms and the cashier says to have a good night.. hahaha.

We live within walking distance of the biggest 'adult entertainment' shop in town. :winkwink: Did I mention it's open 24 hrs? :blush: A movie should spice things up, for sure!

Hmm... now I wanna go shopping. :haha:

Well I've started babysitting this week. She's 6 months old and her dad works with DH. I only watch her for a few hours to cover the lapse between her mom and dad's shifts. He works until 4:30pm and she goes in at 2:00pm. Their LO is absolutely adorable... such a smiley happy little girl!!!

DH and I have also been looking for a more kid friendly vehicle. I have a 4 dr car which is supposed to be kid friendly but quite frankly it's a pain the butt! I want an SUV or a 4 dr truck that's easier and roomier for LO's. So the search is on!!! Plus if we buy me something now we can take advantage of a credit on sales tax since we just sold DH's car as well! :happydance:

That must be fun to be babysitting. An old friend from HS works with OH and his gf is pregnant. She's around 30 weeks or so don't remember the exact but I have been asked to baby sit from when he picks OH up to bring him to work to when she gets out once she goes back to work. I am mostly excited to start and have a lot longer to get more excited about starting and not just jealous she still has her baby. I have made her a baby blanket and the mom has been sleeping with it since I gave it to her so its smells like her. I did the same thing with a bunch of Athenas. She would only sleep with those ones it was cute but it meant I had to rotate which ones I slept with too.

About the car choices. My moms 4 door truck has always been the worst with Athenas car seats. I know not all trucks are the same but her truck and my friends trucks never have really given a whole lot of space for car seats. SUV's have always been perfect but obviously you don't have the benefit of the truck to move things and what not. But SUV's do tend to have a lot of storage in the back. We have a mini van we are trading in for a regular car in December or early Jan. The minivan has been horrible on gas and is just way to big. We have an entire row of seats we just leave in our storage in order to be able to bring things with us and we never have to use them. I know when we get the car we will have some trouble to adjusting but we will be saving enough on gas to make it worth it.
Thanks for the car info... next vehicle we buy we're going to bring a carseat with us I think. LOL! I think we've decided to wait a bit longer. It turns out the vehicle we were looking at is notorious for having bad transmissions. So we're going to wait until we can afford the one we really want!!!

Also, I'm sorry to announce that I will not be continuing the newsletter. I was going to try to do it every other week instead, but I just haven't been able to come onto bnb as often as I would like. I will try to be online when I can, but unfortunately I can't commit to the newsletter. If someone else wants to take over, the position is open!

:hugs: We appreciate all you have done so far HK! =D>=D>=D>

Glad things are better! :happydance: Just wanted to share a bit of info on your "movie." Anyone with What to Expect Before You're Expecting refer to pg 104!!! :book: It states that "Researchers have found that when men watch a scene with sexual content right before making love, the sperm they produce is higher quality."
LOL! "Enjoy" That's like when you buy condoms and the cashier says to have a good night.. hahaha.
:rofl: The last time DH and I bought condoms together the cashier said "Looks like somebody's anxious to get home tonight" followed by a laugh! DH and I just looked at each other like "really" that's really what he had to say!!! :rofl:

We live within walking distance of the biggest 'adult entertainment' shop in town. :winkwink: Did I mention it's open 24 hrs? :blush: A movie should spice things up, for sure!

Hmm... now I wanna go shopping. :haha:

Yessss, I'm not the only one!!

Glad things are better! :happydance: Just wanted to share a bit of info on your "movie." Anyone with What to Expect Before You're Expecting refer to pg 104!!! :book: It states that "Researchers have found that when men watch a scene with sexual content right before making love, the sperm they produce is higher quality."

Oh SNAP! Thanks for the info! Now not only is it more fun, but better for baby makin' too! :happydance:

:rofl: The last time DH and I bought condoms together the cashier said "Looks like somebody's anxious to get home tonight" followed by a laugh! DH and I just looked at each other like "really" that's really what he had to say!!! :rofl:

:rofl: !!

Kelly - Yeah i definitely think that type of loss is different for men. They don't get to feel the same love and nurture for a little life growing inside of them like we do...but you're right it doesn't mean he doesn't feel a strong sense of loss in his own way. I'm glad he's still on board with TTC and i will be wishing you both a sticky, healthy little bean when the time comes! :hugs: Oh and i just want to say that Athena is the most adorable little thing!!! Sounds like she's taking such good care of her mommy too, bless her xxx

HM - Aww hun don't feel bad about the newsletter. We are so greatful for all you've done and it must have been a lot of work! Hope you still bless us with your lovely presence from time to time when you can :)

Just wanted to leave some :hugs: for everyone else with losses this week :(
OH and I finally got to REALLY talk about it today. He doesn't seem to hurt by the loss but that doesn't surprise me to to much I know he's hurt by it but we also have different views on when a baby is a baby and has a hard time really feeling it as a loss I guess. Its hard to know that but he did say he was on board to try again when we get the all clear. I guess he talked to his buddies about it at work and he thinks to is now better then just one. There taking him out to the bar on friday... I am guessing maybe he is more upset then he lets me see? That would be like him. Athena has been a little princess about everything. I have been SOOO sick as well and shes always so good and patient with me when I don't feel good. She is such a caring person. I feel bad we still go do things like we went out this morning to play but it's 93 degrees farenheit here so didn't get to play for two long. But its cute she knows where the water is and she keeps bringing it to me and she keeps bringing out her fake doctor supplies and taking my temperature and feeling my four head. Then she looks at the thermometer all serious and goes hmmm not good seventy eight! Then says mommy drink up and she has a fake medicine syringe she makes me pretend to take... Apparently 78 is way to high a temperature. She really does cheer me up. Feeling better today but haven't been able to eat anything so its been making me shakey and what not. Waiting for Athena to wake up from her nap now then we will have a snack then she will help me make spaghetti because she loves to help with it. I hope you all are having a good day.

Babyb54 I hope OH gets back in the mood quickly. He's probably just tired :)
KellyC75 I was the same way till about 15 weeks then I got more in the mood then ever before till about 28 weeks then it went back to being a chore haha. Everyone is so different with there pregnancies and sex drives its weird.

Aww bless Athena looking after you with her doctors toys :) she sounds like such a sweetie!

Dont worry about it hun we totally understand, thanks so much for doing it up until now, your a star :hugs:

Just wanted to share a bit of info on your "movie." Anyone with What to Expect Before You're Expecting refer to pg 104!!! :book: It states that "Researchers have found that when men watch a scene with sexual content right before making love, the sperm they produce is higher quality."

Interestingggg..... :winkwink: :lol:

Had a bad trip to the doctors earlier. Nothing wrong with me, just a bit of a downer :cry: The story's in my journal :(

Sorry to hear Mrs. Gibbo. :hugs:
I had a crap appt as well. Pregnancy was a confirmed loss. :cry::angel:
They scanned really quick but I didn't look as I already knew there was nothing... You could kind of tell by how the doctors were looking and I was bleeding and didn't "feel" pregnant at all she said there was a sac and a "structure" but no heartbeat. I can only think the "structure" must have been the fetal pole. She said my cervix was opening though so I should not need another D&C but will still have to go back in 2 weeks to double check. I am in a daze really. I just want to go to bed and sleep for a really long time. She did bloods but she also said she is pretty sure I have an infection in my lymphnodes is positive I have an ear infection and believes I either have strep or strep and mono so she is not sure how much the tests would tell them except for hormone levels not being right. She said we should wait on trying though and she will get more tests done. She gave me a prescription for antidepressants if I want them as I was on them all throughout HS until I lost my insurance and she thinks that I might need them but is leaving it up to me. I don't know if I will take them or not though.
Athena is napping now so I think I may go lay down with her. I need some cuddles with my princess. She is really the only one that makes any of it remotely ok... I haven't told anyone else besides OH yet and will probably keep it that way. I might tell my friend Katie because she will figure it out but I don't really want to hear everyone's opinions and thoughts right now. I just want to be alone with my princess and OH. I like my little bubble its comforting. You ladies and my bubble are the only people I really talk to about anythign and everything! How sad is that? I know its not always that way but when things get back I like to kind of sink into my family and my friendship with katie. And you ladies are all wonderfully supportive no matter what and I can just scroll down if I don't like a comment... Although i don't think anyone here would do that....
But I am going to go I am falling asleep again and crying again and really need to start dinner as well. So should probably nap now.

Hope you all are having a wonderful day and I hope to see some positive BFP's very soon ladies. I might be a tad bit envious but its nice to see that deserving wonderful people can have positive BFP's. Right now I only see women who I don't feel should be pregnant having sticky BFP's :( So :dust::dust::dust: Go get that :spermy::spermy::spermy: ladies!

And smilies let me add a little humor to today...

:cry:

:hugs:

I'm so sorry, Kelly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back