Welcome to the ttc in fall group..........AUTUMN ACORNS!!!!

Can anyone explain how to calculate your luteal phase for me? I read that the average luteal phase is 14 days long, but the average cycle is 28 days long. So... it my cycle is 32 days long, would my luteal phase be longer?

Ps - thanks again cheercoach - I'm on yourdays.com setting it up now - it looks fab!

Hi Mrs T

The only way you can calculate your luteal phase is by knowing when in your cycle you ovulate. The luteal phase is the time between when you ovulate and when you get your next AF. Do you temp at all, as this is the only way, or using OPK's you can tell when you O?

The LP will vary from one woman to another, but does NOT vary between cycles more than a day either way for a given woman. Women who have fluctuations in cycle length do so due to a variation in their follicular phase.

Since I've been temping and charting, I've been amazed at my body- my LP is 10 or 11 days in length. I can tell exactly when I O from temping, and so I know exactly when AF will arrive (tomorrow, boo hiss...), even though my cycle length has varied in recent months from 26-33 days...

Ditto: my LP is usually 11 or 12 days and my cycles are roughly 33day long so I ov later on in my cycles. I'm going to have to start temping again so I don't have funky situations like the one im in just now -sigh-

Thanks girls! No, I don't temp or use OKPs. I wanted to try not to do all this at the start of TTC (only say 6 months down the line) as I don't want to stress myself out. But... beginning to think it'd be sensible to. It's really interesting that yours are both 10-12 days long, I was guessing mine would be like 15-16 days due to a 32 day cycle but now realise that's probably not the case!

Glad your scan went well Kelly!!

I partied just a little too hard at the beach yesterday, keep forgetting I'm not 20 anymore lol. It was HM's last hurrah before TTC. On cd3, ready to start planting seeds next week, woot!

Glad to hear you are having fun.... but you just don't recover as easily anymore!

KellyC, glad to hear you scan went well, :hugs:

Shabutie, yay for AF! Sort of... at least the waiting is done and you can get busy next cycle. And your wedding is coming up quick, good luck with the final details!

Big hugs to all of you in England, it is so sad everything that is happening. My city is known for riots surrounding hockey, but it is generally a smaller group of ppl that profit from the general chaos to loot, but it gives the whole city a bad rep. But what is happening over there now is just crazy, and so sad for the ppl who own shops. Can someone explain why they are rioting? I read it started after the police shot someone, but who and what is the big deal about it?

Hope it ends soon and you all keep safe. :hugs:

hey ladies :flower:

I'm in the tww with you all this month as we've dtd a couple of times around this month :blush: I'd miscalculated when my periods started last month as the laptop was down but I looked at oh's bank statement and I confirmed when af last started as he had to run out to buy me pads at 11pm lol

Kelly I'm glad your scan went well :)

fingers crossed for everyone waiting for an answer and hang in there to everyone in the annoying tww as I think of it were you're waiting to ovulate, lots of baby dust to you all :hugs: :dust: I don't always comment but I'm always reading up on what you ladies are up to :flower:

nice to hear from you vanilla! Good luck with the tww, mine starts next week!

I just wanted to post, I am writing the thank you cards for my wedding and I keep writing in the cards upside-down... It is really annoying. So I write and then I close the card and go.... F*%$! So I start all over... thanks for listening. :)

Shabutie - glad AF arrived so you finally know what is going on! FX that this is the month for you!
Thinking of everyone in England... it's just awful, and I hope that the riots come to an end soon. Keep safe everyone. :hugs:

:haha: oops TRgirl hopefully you have a few extra!

Shabutie - glad AF finally started for you.

Vaniila - hope you might just get a BFP sooner rather than later!

So DH had a bloody mary last night and I wasn't even interested, looks like I got all the "party" out of my system lol

We've been having TTC chats all week and he is fully on board.

We are heading out today to go walking and shopping in a pretty cool, trendy, liberal town. Hope you all have a good day!

:haha: oops TRgirl hopefully you have a few extra!

Shabutie - glad AF finally started for you.

Vaniila - hope you might just get a BFP sooner rather than later!

So DH had a bloody mary last night and I wasn't even interested, looks like I got all the "party" out of my system lol

We've been having TTC chats all week and he is fully on board.

We are heading out today to go walking and shopping in a pretty cool, trendy, liberal town. Hope you all have a good day!

thanks hun, not sure how oh would take it lol he knows that its not 100% if you don't use protection but we mostly use natural family planning and we accidently dtd a couple of times during O :dohh: I don't know what to think, a part of me is exited another part of me feels like its putting my hopes up and it'll make the wtt even harder :nope:

the rioting in england atm is crazy!! makes me feel so glad my dad is not a police officer anymore, I don't know whats wrong with people, at the moment times are hard for everyone the last thing we need is violence and things being destroyed that we can't really afford to replace :growlmad::nope:

Shabutie - Sorry AF arrived, but at least you finally know what is going on and can get started properly now!!

HK - wonderful that your DH is 100% on board.

Trgirl - :rofl: at the upside down thank you note writing. I'd totally just leave 'em that way, lol. You're a better bride than I! ;) Good luck in your 2ww next week btw!

Vanilla - FX that your 2ww ends in a BFP so you don't have to keep WTT. :haha: Bad influence, I know!

Im a tad confused here :wacko: Different sites are saying different days that i will ovulate :wacko:

My ticker from thebump.com says i will ovulate on the 20th August.
Baby hopes.com says 18th August
Ovulation Calculator.com says 19th
Lilpie ticker says 18th
The Baby Center just says from 16th - 21st

:dohh:

Good thing ill be using OPKs to help me!!

Yeah, those sites just use averages anyways, so they could be grossly wrong for any one individual! OPKs are definitely best! GL!

I'm back again... def a BnB addict today!

Babynewbie, I've been looking into my ovulation today too and found the same! I'm planning on DTD every other day for the main part of my cycle so I won't need to worry about missing it. I reckon The Baby Centre must be right that it'll be between 16th-21st for you, which covers what all the others say!

I just spent the last 6 hours with my best friend and her 7 week old baby! I thought I was broody before :blush:

Plus she kept hinting about when we'll be trying (I've loosely told her that in the next year we'll prob try as my OH and I decided not to tell everyone about TTC) but was really tempting to spill the beans that we'll be trying in 1 month 5 days!!!

Can't wait til my ticker only says days!

i have had the strongest positives on my opk's yesterday and today. very dark. i will test tomorrow with a frer but i still think its too early.

I had my nephew who turns 5 next week and my niece who is 23 months for a while today. I swear the only thing my niece learned today is "no" She is sooo grumpy! But the weather was nice so we sat on the deck and had butterfly shaped sandwhiches for lunch! My nephew really liked that... he starts kindergarten tomorrow and I'm just not ready for him to grow up. :nope:

On another note... TTC is super close now! :happydance: :yipee: We've gotten so many :bfp:'s and so many of us are moving to TTC soon. I'm glad we're a WTT, TTC, and BFP group! :hugs: and :dust: to everyone!

Im a tad confused here :wacko: Different sites are saying different days that i will ovulate :wacko:

My ticker from thebump.com says i will ovulate on the 20th August.
Baby hopes.com says 18th August
Ovulation Calculator.com says 19th
Lilpie ticker says 18th
The Baby Center just says from 16th - 21st

:dohh:

Good thing ill be using OPKs to help me!!
Yeah the sites are just a general idea... just :sex: alot and you'll be good :rofl: OPK's are a great little invention aren't they?

i have had the strongest positives on my opk's yesterday and today. very dark. i will test tomorrow with a frer but i still think its too early.
Fx'd for you! :dust:

Grrrr want :sex::haha: Hubby's at work still so being grumpy and horny! :rofl:

Glad the witch finally showed for you, Shabutie. Now it needs to go away for 9 months. :haha:
Trgirl, I don't know how many times I wrote thank-you notes upside down after the wedding. It's a good thing I kept the comments generic.
Mrs.T, I know it's hard not to share. Do you have a close friend irl you could confide in?
Babymaybe, you're so positive and cheerful. :hugs:
Good luck, sweetpea, hoping for 2 lines . . .
:haha: Mrs. Gibbo, naughty. jk Go ahead and jump him.

Some of them I left that way, if they were close friends I just wrote oops with an arrow and a happy face... but them some others I was like oh I can't send you a bad card.... hopefully I will have enough, I haven't really counted... we'll see!

Work was rough today, really busy and I'm sore from running... hope everyone else had a good day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->