Welcome to the ttc in fall group..........AUTUMN ACORNS!!!!

Exciting stuff babyb!!

Ravelry ladies - I have been knitting daily! My "baby blanket" is more starting to resemble a twin sized comforter. I clearly cast on too many stitches. But I've been thinking about it, and rather it being a baby blanket, it will be a giant blanket to wrap around me and LO. It's amazingly soft. I'm also working on a scarf to give to my dad for Christmas. The original plan had been for LAST Christmas but I had stopped knitting for a while. I'm totally back into it now. I like knitting while watching tv. Sometimes I chill w/ DH, but what I really like to do is escape to our bedroom and watch chick shows!! I have been watching "Pregnant and..." Some of the stories are "pregnant and in jail", "pregnant and homeless", "pregnant and addicted to methadone", "pregnant and 55 years old".... my jaw kind of drops while I watch these shows. It makes me grateful for the roof over my head and the fact that my life is going pretty well.
awww that sounds really cute :flower: I love watching chick shows too and yea those programs are always so odd! I watched one recently called I didn't know I was pregnant, this woman on it was told she couldn't have kids so they adopted then years later she gets pregnant but she didn't know until she went into pre-term labour and ended up having 2 strokes and a heart attack :wacko: she didn't know she had a baby or given birth til she was out of a coma, crazyyyyyy!!!!

Tension is my biggest trouble with knitting :cry: I can never get it right, how on earth do you ladies do it?!??!

Practice. Really, that's all it is, is practice. Tension isn't something you can really teach, it's a try-fail-learn kind of thing. Don't stress, you'll find your tension soon.

And those shows on cable freak me out. I don't have cable but I hear about them and whatnot... seriously, how could you NOT know you're pregnant? I think the vomiting, fatigue, and the fact that your stomach is getting suspiciously large when nothing else is would be red flags... to at least go see the doctor!! :dohh:

6 weeks today!
1 week until my first scan!
AND I started my very last semester of school.

Dang it's a good day.

Happy Thursday everyone! :)

HOLY SMOKES are you really already 6 WEEKS?? :shock: :happydance:

I know, I can't believe it either! It's already been almost 3 weeks since my BFP! And I'm halfway through first tri! :happydance: I hope next week brings good news :shock: and then the next half flies by even faster. :)

I've got my singles down and trying doubles :haha: I'll practice more at work later :rofl:

Hi girls! :wave:

Only caught up on a few pages... Everyone's knitting? I cant at all, that mobile thing was super cute!

Kelly, glad all went well with your scan, bet it was super exciting to see baby have a wriggle about! :cloud9:

Miss you all girls! 12 days till I marry so no doubt I'll be back in here a bit more in about 2 weeks. Me and OH are still NTNP atm, but will be interesting to see if my period is as late as last month, as long as it isnt any earlier as I dont fancy being having AF wearing a white dress!

:flower: :friends: :pizza: :drunk: :friends: :flower:

Good luck in the final stages Shabutie! How exciting!!

Ooo Shabutie, you wedding is sooo close!! :happydance: How excited are you?? :wedding:

Babyb, are you gonna post your first scan pic for us? :blush:

Also at work...

Welll.... I am excited, I tell anyone and everyone how many days are remaining, but it doesnt feel real, its like im talking about someone elses wedding! Although I'm sure next week I will, excuse my language, shit my pants, at how real its all becoming :rofl:

Hope everyone is keeping well!

BabyB your 6 weeks yay! :yipee:

Shabutie you must be so excited your wedding is so close now! :wohoo: I really hope AF stays away so you can 100% enjoy your day :wedding:

And Amara looks sooo cute in your avatar :)

Shabutie I'm really exited for you! not long to go now :happydance:

ok so I got bored earlier and couldn't find my knitting needles so I tried using oh's chopsticks and I must say they're not too bad for knitting :rofl:

Ooo Shabutie, you wedding is sooo close!! :happydance: How excited are you?? :wedding:

Babyb, are you gonna post your first scan pic for us? :blush:

Also at work...

Of course. :thumbup:

..I mean, duh. I share all my pee sticks.. I'm obv going to share my peanut, too! ;)

Exciting stuff babyb!!

Ravelry ladies - I have been knitting daily! My "baby blanket" is more starting to resemble a twin sized comforter. I clearly cast on too many stitches. But I've been thinking about it, and rather it being a baby blanket, it will be a giant blanket to wrap around me and LO. It's amazingly soft. I'm also working on a scarf to give to my dad for Christmas. The original plan had been for LAST Christmas but I had stopped knitting for a while. I'm totally back into it now. I like knitting while watching tv. Sometimes I chill w/ DH, but what I really like to do is escape to our bedroom and watch chick shows!! I have been watching "Pregnant and..." Some of the stories are "pregnant and in jail", "pregnant and homeless", "pregnant and addicted to methadone", "pregnant and 55 years old".... my jaw kind of drops while I watch these shows. It makes me grateful for the roof over my head and the fact that my life is going pretty well.
awww that sounds really cute :flower: I love watching chick shows too and yea those programs are always so odd! I watched one recently called I didn't know I was pregnant, this woman on it was told she couldn't have kids so they adopted then years later she gets pregnant but she didn't know until she went into pre-term labour and ended up having 2 strokes and a heart attack :wacko: she didn't know she had a baby or given birth til she was out of a coma, crazyyyyyy!!!!

Everything arrived! I'm practicing foundation chains at the moment :) trying to keep the tension even which I'm finding the most difficult! :( I'll get there I'm sure!
Tension is my biggest trouble with knitting :cry: I can never get it right, how on earth do you ladies do it?!??!

That show is crazy!!! I've seen it before!

The tension part gets easier. It just comes w/ practice :thumbup:

Welll.... I am excited, I tell anyone and everyone how many days are remaining, but it doesnt feel real, its like im talking about someone elses wedding! Although I'm sure next week I will, excuse my language, shit my pants, at how real its all becoming :rofl:

Hope everyone is keeping well!

:happydance:

It's coming so soon!!

BFN. Too early to test anyway plus DH and I haven't been able to BD since he got sick but I thought I'd POAS anyway. I feel kind of dumb. And disappointed.

DH knew I was blue so he brought me home chocolate. Isn't he great?

:hugs: HK hopefully just testing too early! :dust:

I've just caught up on the last few pages. I've been very busy this week. Getting back from vacation, buying a new car :haha: we went with the 2011 Mazda CX-7 afterall. DH gets a discount through his work so we pay what the dealer pays to get the car. And got another $500 off that! :yipee: It's an amazing car! I love it! Now I have to sell my car though. So hopefully that happens fast. Also, school starts next week for me. I'm nervous, anxious, scared... pretty much all emotions right now! I always freak out until the first exams are over and I know what to expect. So until then I will be a nervous wreck... who am I kidding? After them I will still be a nervous wreck! And to throw in TTC on top of it! DH is really worried I'll get too stressed out this semester and have too much on my plate especially if I do get a :bfp: right away. I can handle it though. I know I can... just feeling a lot of anxiety right now.

I hope all is well with everyone! :dust: to all!!!

I should correct that to say I have to sell my old car... in case anyone reads that like I did and it seems like I just got a new car but already have to sell it. :dohh:

Also, this car passed the carseat test with flying colors! And it's got a ton of safety features too. :yipee:

I think I'm crochet obsessed already! Close my eyes and all I can see is my hands doing single chains!:haha: I must have an addictive personality!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->