Welcome to the ttc in fall group..........AUTUMN ACORNS!!!!

I have 2 small dogs. I really hope that they aren't too hyper around my future LO. One in particular gets a little too bouncy but she's also got a crate for time outs so if I see her getting a little spazzy I put her in there for a 10 minute time out and it takes the wind out of her hairy sails.

Thought I'd do the long one too :flower:

A Little About Me

Name: Ada

Favorites

Hobbies: knitting, gardening, reading, crafts, walks, visiting museums

Color: purple, red ,black

Food: Japanese, Mexican, Italian

Hang-out: online or with hubby

Music: classical, jazz, new age (like enya) rock, metal, oldies from 70s/80s/90s

Books: Lord of the rings, Matilda,tales from perilious realms
Movies: 10 things I hate about you, Lord of the rings, little mermaid(I know the whole script off by heart :haha:)

TV Shows: true blood, ricky gervais show, peep show, I.T crowd, monty python

Authors: J.R. Tolkein, Andre Brink, Roald Dahl, Brian Lumley

Cartoon Characters: Daffy duck, pink panther

Digging Deeper

Country You Wish To Visit The Most: Bora Bora & Switzerland

Most Influential Person in Your Life: My husband

Greatest Ambition: to become a barrister

Biggest Achievement: giving birth to my son

Grandest Wish: To be happy and to be in good health

What You Can't Live Without: my family, books, BnB

something random : I love frogs legs!

Oooooh I forgot about Roald Dahl! I'm totally getting ALL of his kid books for my future LO.

Name Game: Ashton

Skubluheaven: I think thats a fab idea :thumbup:

Could say something like:

Roll up, roll up! This months Autumn Acorns games currently in play are: [Insert game name]
The rules are as follows:
[Insert rules]

So the 'Name Game' will be a continuous one I believe so that can stay every month, and then we add the new one each month.

Also girlies, been having a fiddle this morning, and i've come up with these as I know many wanter separate one for WTT and TTC (which I think is a great idea, seeing as we are all sticking together reguards of which stage we are at)

Let me know what you think, because if you like them, I thought we could add them to the first post aswell, so that people can copy the URL of it into their signature. (So much easier, because if people ask for it, we can redirect them to the first post)

https://img716.imageshack.us/img716/193/651553530bae07m3.jpg

https://img541.imageshack.us/img541/193/651553530bae07m3.jpg

Yayyy these are great!!!

I saw some posts here about prenatal vitamins.

Questions!!!

Is there a benefit to getting prescription prenatals? Are they better than the ones you can just buy online?

What brands have you used & would recommend?

What brands are not so great?

On your mark, get set, go!

Haha, sorry IHeartBaby, I thought it was your thread about your cat, it comes up in a funny style on my laptop, not the normal BnB format for some reason *note to self - must pay more attention* :haha:

Questions!!!

Is there a benefit to getting prescription prenatals? Are they better than the ones you can just buy online?

The cheapest brand supermarket ones are just as good as the super-duper 'brand' name ones, as long as they contain the recommended dose. As for the multi-vits with folic acid in them, in Western countries our diet is such that we really don't need extra vitamins unless you either eat an extremely poor diet or it's been specifically found by a healthcare professional that you are lacking in some mineral or other, so while a lot of people like to take them for peace of mind, they're nothing a nice healthy diet won't give you :flower:

Questions!!!

I really can't answer your questions but my doctor prescribed me prenatals because i'm anemic so i needed extra iron when i was pregnant. If your not deficient in anything i assume it would be ok to just use over the counter prenatals.

ETA: Sorry Elski just realized that's basically what you said :flower:

A Little About Me

That's more than a full-time job to me!

Grandest Wish: To be able to have my dad back alive for just one day, so I could get to know him better and for him to met his new Granddaughter

DH lost his dad too, and he feels the same way :hugs:

I do see it as a full time job, but since leaving uni (2 months before I concieved Amara) I have found it really difficult to come to terms with losing a bit of my independance when it comes to money. I have worked since I was 13 up until I left to go to uni, so I was always used to earning money, and to earn money means you work. I'm a strange one :dohh: lol.

Did your OH lose his dad young? I lost my dad when I was 12 weeks old, so I never knew him :cry:, only by pictures.

Glad you girlies like the new banners. I think I will PM skybluheaven and see if she will post the URL's in the first page for those who want them! Gonna have to giggle my signature about to fit it on.

I'm thinking I should start taking folic acid :shrug: I never took it in the lead up to concieving Amara, only when I found out I was pregnant did I go buy some. Have to try and sneak it past mum, as she takes me shopping (God I sound about 12 :haha:)

Questions!!!

https://www.solgar.co.uk/product/prenatal-nutrients-tablets-120-tabs-E2272.html I take these, solgar has been recommended to me a while ago by a nutritionist as they're supposed to be one of the best brands :flower: the ones on prescription are no different to the ones you buy online.

I'm not sure how it is in SA but here is the UK 0.4mg (400micrograms) is recommended BUT if you've previously had a baby with a neural tube defect, 5mg (5,000micrograms) is recommended x
Really? 5mg, not 0.5? Geez, then I better phone my gynae. Gosh, 0.5mg is already making me so nauseous, I'm not sure if I'll be able to handle 5mg! :nope:

Yep, it's quite a step up but like I say, that's based on UK research etc, your gyn might well suggest a different amount. It's making you nauseous? Wow, I didn't know that was one of the side effects, poor you :hugs:
Thanx Elski! I'm one of the unlucky ones who gets nauseous from folic acid yes. I always drink it at night, which helps alot. I'll phone my gynae tomorrow and get her opinion on this, but if that's the UK research, it's most likely the same here in SA.

I'll start a multi-vit closer to my TTC time (also mostly because I'm always anaemic during pregnancy). My biggest concern at the moment is just the folic acid. Not that research suggests it could've helped for my daughter, but I don't know, feels wrong not to at least TRY my best to prevent it from happening again.

iHeartbeat, that poor baby! And the poor mommy that now has to get rid of her beloved cat. :cry: But gosh, how dangerous for that baby. It could've scratch his eye!!

We have a dwarf hamster (that bites!) so we keep it in it's cage. And we have two dwarf rabbits who only scratch when you try to carry them around. If you pat them, comb them or just sit with them on your lap, they're fine. But, they're not really tame, they're a bit wild. So I won't let a baby too close within their range without supervision. I can't wait to see my next baby's reaction to the bunnies! My youngest was a crawling 1-year old when we got the first baby bunny, and he just couldn't leave it alone. When he (my son) went missing, you were sure to find baby sitting next to bunny's cage. :baby:

I do see it as a full time job, but since leaving uni (2 months before I concieved Amara) I have found it really difficult to come to terms with losing a bit of my independance when it comes to money. I have worked since I was 13 up until I left to go to uni, so I was always used to earning money, and to earn money means you work. I'm a strange one :dohh: lol.

Did your OH lose his dad young? I lost my dad when I was 12 weeks old, so I never knew him :cry:, only by pictures.

Glad you girlies like the new banners. I think I will PM skybluheaven and see if she will post the URL's in the first page for those who want them! Gonna have to giggle my signature about to fit it on.

I'm thinking I should start taking folic acid :shrug: I never took it in the lead up to concieving Amara, only when I found out I was pregnant did I go buy some. Have to try and sneak it past mum, as she takes me shopping (God I sound about 12 :haha:)
DH was 24 when it happened. His dad had cancer. Really sucks but what can you do...

I felt the same way when I lost my job last year! I was laid off (not fired lol) and I felt so... dependent!! But being a SAHM is a HUGE contribution (I mean think of how much daycare costs alone, never mind all the other stuff you do).

Good luck w/ "sneak buying" the folic acid!

We have a dwarf hamster (that bites!) so we keep it in it's cage.

I personally hate hamsters for that reason! My sister always had them and whenever I'd try to hold one, they would either bite me or poop on me!! :rofl:

According to the Chinese Predictor that Mouse_Chicky put up, I am meant to have a :pink: until we reach February, then I am meant to have a :blue:

Did it work with Amara? :nope:

hello girls

answer to the folic acid quesiton ive been taking a multivitamin 'pregnacare conception' for about 3 wks now (maybe a bit early?! but i figured it couldnt do any harm) this contains 400 micrograms of folic...i also take a fish oil and one of my friends told me to take EPO up to ovulation, which ive heard mixed reviews about?!

answer to the pet question, we have a cat, he's a house cat, so i do worry how he's gonna react to a baby in the house....when i was a baby my parents had a dog which was apparently v affectionate and protective over me, but cat's aren't really like that...i do worry about stratches!

someone mentioned the games/events you have running? where do i find these? I'm still getting the hang of this website...not used to using these sort of forums

Ahh, well at the moment, we only have one game in play:

Name Game: Someone says a name, and the next person says a name that ends in the last letter of the first name. Example (because its easier then explaing, lol)

Amara - Alfie - Edward - Daisy... That kinda thing :thumbup:

Othergames:

We have a superlative game starting soon (i think) were we will all be given the categories and then we vote who we think fits that category best. Send a message to Skybluheaven saying you want to participate in it.

WTT'er of the week. I think this is getting announced today?, but bascially you vote for who you think is the WTT'er of the week. it could be for any reasons you like, been welcoming into this thread, achieved something good in personal life, has been helpful etc. Send your vote to Skybluheaven and stating a few reason why.

I think that is all at the moment. There are others in the pipe line but I think they will emerge soon enough!

HTH

:flower:

Oooooh I forgot about Roald Dahl! I'm totally getting ALL of his kid books for my future LO.

We brought Amara a Roald Dahl Book collection, I think it has about 16 books in it for about £20. I really cant wait to read them to her because I love his books. I dont know why but Esio Trot always stood out, probably because it's such a clever title (or seemed that way when I was younger :haha:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->