Welcome to the ttc in fall group..........AUTUMN ACORNS!!!!

Hey ladies! Just wanted to say I hope you're all having a great day! I don't really have much to say, just can't seem to stay off the forum =) So thought I'd at least post up a HELLO!!! =)

Hello - are you really still off the ciggies? That's fab! Well done!

For the most part...:blush: We had friends over last night, and they roll their own ciggies, so I had my friend roll me a teeny skinny ciggy, which I puffed on but hardly inhaled. I was just DYING to puff on something (even if I didn't inhale anything! :haha:)

But I haven't smoked a "real" cigarette in over a month. I'll tell you right now, it sucks. It's the. single. hardest. thing. I've EVER done. You will have days where you will want to cry and throw things at the wall (and your OH:haha:) but it does get better. I promise. :flower:

I've been a quitter for 4 yrs 3 months, and 16 days and it's the best thing I ever did! I'll confess to having the odd sly one, and I still dream about them :huh: I found it got harder after a couple of weeks than at the begining but I wouldn't change it!

A random fact about yourself: I love gaming (WoW and ps2) and anime & manga. Seriously, though... i really do love socks. I buy a new pack like every month just to change it up and i hate going bare foot, i would rather go sock footed! I'm a dork what can i say!!

My DH did a backflip (almost :haha:) when I told him someone on my group like WOW. He's a serious gamer when he gets the time.

About babies and pets, I have 2 cats that pretty much ignore Kara, and a pekinese that would love to nibble her toes (playfully) if I gave him half a chance. I actually keep him pinned in the kitchen away from her, because I don't think I could trust him alone, and I love to let her play in her bouncy or in the floor too much. Honestly, I wish we had waited until dd was older to get a dog, much less a yippy, snappy one that poops everywhere. (I just know when she's crawling someday she will find some and try to put it in her mouth. I know it's coming.:dohh:) He was an impulse buy when I was 6 months pregnant and uber-emotional. My suggestion for those without babes yet would be to research pets and breeds that compliment a young infant.

Just dropping in to say SOOORRRYYY!!!

I have not been very active..my daughter turned 8 months old this weekend (we have a tradition of celebrating every month!!) Well she turned 8 months on the same day of my older brothers birthday. So this weekend has been very busy, It also doesnt help that I have finals coming up this week and next for my business and health care management degrees. I already have a psychology degree and figured I would get a few more. It was always my dream to obtain a few degrees. Maybe ill be a lifetime student in one way or another lol.

The next two weeks are gonna be crazy for me soooooo I need someone to stand in for me and work with KellyC75 on running things.

I will still prepare for the superlatives game in the background and work on making the blinkies but anything else will need to be done bu whoever is willing to cover for me!!!

Superlatives game should be launched by this coming up weekend at some point

WTTer OF THE WEEK

Apparently the winner is......ME!!!

According to our voters I have been very helpful in creating this group and something about being creative...lol ok Im not gonna say anymore because im shy!!!!

Thank u ladies....it feels so nice that yall take notice of the small efforts I make but I am here to tell u that this group is successful BECAUSE OF U LADIES!! Such an amazing and fun group of ladies!!! No one can resist wanting to be in ur presence so we will prolly have tons more members before it is all over!!!:happydance:

I do wanna give an honorable mention to Shabutie and Hakunamatata because u two had some votes too!!!:hugs:!

CANT WAIT TO SEE WHO NEXT WEEKS WINNER WILL BE!!!:thumbup:

Oooooh I forgot about Roald Dahl! I'm totally getting ALL of his kid books for my future LO.

We brought Amara a Roald Dahl Book collection, I think it has about 16 books in it for about £20. I really cant wait to read them to her because I love his books. I dont know why but Esio Trot always stood out, probably because it's such a clever title (or seemed that way when I was younger :haha:)

I took Charlie and the Chocolate Factory out of my school library like 20 million times or so.

Sounds like you got an awesome collection!

A random fact about yourself: I love gaming (WoW and ps2) and anime & manga. Seriously, though... i really do love socks. I buy a new pack like every month just to change it up and i hate going bare foot, i would rather go sock footed! I'm a dork what can i say!!

My DH did a backflip (almost :haha:) when I told him someone on my group like WOW. He's a serious gamer when he gets the time.

My DH also plays WoW, though he cancels for the summertime since we try to go outdoors more and travel a little.

Just dropping in to say SOOORRRYYY!!!

I have not been very active..my daughter turned 8 months old this weekend (we have a tradition of celebrating every month!!) Well she turned 8 months on the same day of my older brothers birthday. So this weekend has been very busy, It also doesnt help that I have finals coming up this week and next for my business and health care management degrees. I already have a psychology degree and figured I would get a few more. It was always my dream to obtain a few degrees. Maybe ill be a lifetime student in one way or another lol.

The next two weeks are gonna be crazy for me soooooo I need someone to stand in for me and work with KellyC75 on running things.

I will still prepare for the superlatives game in the background and work on making the blinkies but anything else will need to be done bu whoever is willing to cover for me!!!

Superlatives game should be launched by this coming up weekend at some point

I am online pretty often, though not til after 4:30 or 5 pm (M-F) and actually after 7 pm in a few weeks, so if we get any new members, I can add them to the Facebook group. I can keep a lookout for anyone new.

CheerCoach​

Sorry that I am late on my reply but I am sooooo happt that u are getting to take ur sweet baby home!! I have been praying daily for u!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I Want It All
Hey and welcome to our lovely group. I will be ttcing number 2 myself!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mackmomma8​
Good job on letting go on smoking!! Not an easy job I had to do it myself many years ago

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mouse chicky​

I hate myself for loving Secret life!!!! Im stuck in a vicious cycle..I cant help but watching. However I am glad they made Amy a bit les whiny!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shabutie​

Every idea u have is good lol u shouldnt even have to run it by me!!! ur a rockstar!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hakunamatata
Just wanted to tell u that u rock lol..been meaning to tell u that for days...u were super sweet to me since my first day here!!! YESSS u may hold down the fort...u were honestly the person I was gonna ask but i didnt wanna put u on the spot!!! I figured if i just asked openly and u offered then fantastic!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aw thanks!! I will definitely help out w/ whatever I can. :hugs:

Congrats skyblueheaven!

About prenatals, I just take over the counter, but as soon as I find out I'm preggo I am going to ask for a prescription simply because then I won't have to pay out of pocket.

Congrats skybluheaven! I was a naughty girl and forgot to vote, but you were my pic. ;) (Oh, and don't apologize for having a life. Family and school are very important.:thumbup:)

I want to make some replies... sorry in advance if it gets quite long!

Ha ha ha! :) When i was little my step dad got me into gaming with an mmo called EverQuest, then it switched to WoW... so i totally blame him!! Everyone always flips when they find out a girl plays though :haha:

Haha, sorry IHeartBaby, I thought it was your thread about your cat, it comes up in a funny style on my laptop, not the normal BnB format for some reason *note to self - must pay more attention* :haha:

Lol don't worry i understand! I've completely given up foruming on my ipod touch for this very reason! I get so confused :wacko:

A Little About Me

That's more than a full-time job to me!

Grandest Wish: To be able to have my dad back alive for just one day, so I could get to know him better and for him to met his new Granddaughter

DH lost his dad too, and he feels the same way :hugs:

I do see it as a full time job, but since leaving uni (2 months before I concieved Amara) I have found it really difficult to come to terms with losing a bit of my independance when it comes to money. I have worked since I was 13 up until I left to go to uni, so I was always used to earning money, and to earn money means you work. I'm a strange one :dohh: lol.

Did your OH lose his dad young? I lost my dad when I was 12 weeks old, so I never knew him :cry:, only by pictures.

Glad you girlies like the new banners. I think I will PM skybluheaven and see if she will post the URL's in the first page for those who want them! Gonna have to giggle my signature about to fit it on.

I'm thinking I should start taking folic acid :shrug: I never took it in the lead up to concieving Amara, only when I found out I was pregnant did I go buy some. Have to try and sneak it past mum, as she takes me shopping (God I sound about 12 :haha:)

I'm sorry you lost your dad! I thought i was young losing mine at 20 but i can't even imagine how hard it must of been growing up without one. :hugs: I'm going to get a tattoo in memory of my dad on wednesday with my sister, soo nervous but i can't wait.

We have a dwarf hamster (that bites!) so we keep it in it's cage. And we have two dwarf rabbits who only scratch when you try to carry them around. If you pat them, comb them or just sit with them on your lap, they're fine. But, they're not really tame, they're a bit wild. So I won't let a baby too close within their range without supervision. I can't wait to see my next baby's reaction to the bunnies! My youngest was a crawling 1-year old when we got the first baby bunny, and he just couldn't leave it alone. When he (my son) went missing, you were sure to find baby sitting next to bunny's cage. :baby:

I'm glad its not just me! I always see people with such cuddly, friendly hamsters but i've never had any luck with them! The last time i bought one it was called a teddy bear hamster and i thought there was no way a TEDDY BEAR hamster could be mean. :dohh: My mistake... i went to give it some food, it bit my finger and wouldn't let go! I pulled it out of the cage and was literally shaking my hand to try to get it off.. poor thing was probably scared to bits but it was an instinctive reaction :haha:

I'm jealous you have bunnies though, they are always sooo cute... your baby is going to love them!!!

About babies and pets, I have 2 cats that pretty much ignore Kara, and a pekinese that would love to nibble her toes (playfully) if I gave him half a chance. I actually keep him pinned in the kitchen away from her, because I don't think I could trust him alone, and I love to let her play in her bouncy or in the floor too much. Honestly, I wish we had waited until dd was older to get a dog, much less a yippy, snappy one that poops everywhere. (I just know when she's crawling someday she will find some and try to put it in her mouth. I know it's coming.:dohh:) He was an impulse buy when I was 6 months pregnant and uber-emotional. My suggestion for those without babes yet would be to research pets and breeds that compliment a young infant.

Haha, good advice! I am thinking about waiting on a puppy until my LO is old enough for one as a birthday/christmas present. I'm horrible at present shopping for boys so at least thats one less present to worry about, lol.

WTTer OF THE WEEK

Apparently the winner is......ME!!!

According to our voters I have been very helpful in creating this group and something about being creative...lol ok Im not gonna say anymore because im shy!!!!

Thank u ladies....it feels so nice that yall take notice of the small efforts I make but I am here to tell u that this group is successful BECAUSE OF U LADIES!! Such an amazing and fun group of ladies!!! No one can resist wanting to be in ur presence so we will prolly have tons more members before it is all over!!!:happydance:

I do wanna give an honorable mention to Shabutie and Hakunamatata because u two had some votes too!!!:hugs:!

CANT WAIT TO SEE WHO NEXT WEEKS WINNER WILL BE!!!:thumbup:

:happydance: Congrats sweets, you definitely deserve it! Sorry i forgot to vote :blush: I'll do better next week, i promise!

I have a cat, when we had our friends new born over, she would stare at us in jealousy when we held the baby. I'm a little concerned about when we have a new born, but when babies and toddlers are crawling and walking, she just walked away when she got annoyed with them trying to pet her. I'm curious how she will act when she is around one constantly. Luckily, if we happen to have big issues with a LO and the cat I think my in-laws would take her for us, though I would be really sad to see her go.

Name Game: Harlow

SkyBluheaven: Congratulations!! :yipee::headspin::yipee:

iHeartbaby#1: OOoo I bet your excited about the tattoo. I wish I could go get another tattoo. I ahvent had one for about 2 years :( and have 11 (I think, and its too early to count them up :haha:)

I have one in memory for my dad. Here it is:

https://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab287/Shabutie0609/Ink%20Work/DaddyAngels1.jpghttps://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab287/Shabutie0609/Ink%20Work/DaddyAngels.jpg

It say's 'Daddy Angels' in Chinese because that is what I have called my real Dad and he is 1/2 chinese. I have a step dad who has been there practicly my whole life so I call him Dad.

You will have to put up a pic so I can see it, I love tattoo's.

Congratulations SkyBluheaven :happydance:

I'm really struggling to lose weight :nope: doesn't help that my relatives keep reminding me all the time, my sister is convinced my oh 'will look elsewhere soon' if I don't lose it now, I know he wouldn't but its not nice to hear .

Name Game : Wallis

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->