Welcome to the ttc in fall group..........AUTUMN ACORNS!!!!

Name Game: Stella

Oh, that's a horrid thing to say! Why would they say that?!? :hugs:

I am trying to loose weight also, and I am finding it difficult. I have been trying since February, and only lost half a stone, and 5lbs of that was in the last 2 weeks.

Maybe something that might help you, which I found useful last week, as that I wrote down what I was going to eat for the week. It was things like:

B: Cereal with Semi-Skimmed milk
L: 2 bread rolls/wrap with chicken salad. Packet of snack a jacks. Bit of fruit.
D: Chicken and veg/lasagna/stir fry
Snack in the evening once Amara has gone to bed: Muller Rice

I am doing it with my mum and nan, and every friday we get weighed at my nan's house and then she makes us jacket potato with beans with salad. (Salad is: Mixed leaves, cucumber, tomato with spring onion and dressing, red cabbage, coleslaw, cheese, beetroot)

:flower:

We have a dwarf hamster (that bites!) so we keep it in it's cage. And we have two dwarf rabbits who only scratch when you try to carry them around. If you pat them, comb them or just sit with them on your lap, they're fine. But, they're not really tame, they're a bit wild. So I won't let a baby too close within their range without supervision. I can't wait to see my next baby's reaction to the bunnies! My youngest was a crawling 1-year old when we got the first baby bunny, and he just couldn't leave it alone. When he (my son) went missing, you were sure to find baby sitting next to bunny's cage. :baby:

I'm glad its not just me! I always see people with such cuddly, friendly hamsters but i've never had any luck with them! The last time i bought one it was called a teddy bear hamster and i thought there was no way a TEDDY BEAR hamster could be mean. :dohh: My mistake... i went to give it some food, it bit my finger and wouldn't let go! I pulled it out of the cage and was literally shaking my hand to try to get it off.. poor thing was probably scared to bits but it was an instinctive reaction :haha:

I'm jealous you have bunnies though, they are always sooo cute... your baby is going to love them!!!
Hahahahaha...it happened to me too, iHeartbaby! I tried to pick our previous hamster up, but it bit me and hanged on for dear life. I too shook my hand to get it off. Just pure instinct, because it's quite painful when they bite like that!!

The bunnies really are cute yes. We have a black&white one, and a grey one. We got them because I'm allergic to cats, and we couldn't get a dog because we go away for weekends too much to leave a dog alone everytime. And we felt the kids needed a pet. They love roaming through our backyard, and let the children pat and play with them. But we put them in their cage (biggish type of cage) overnight because of all the neighbouring cats that will hunt them down. One of our neighbour's dogs even got loose a while ago, came into our yard by squeezing through our front gate, jumped over the fence behind the bunnies' cage and broke the cage's door open to get inside. Fortunately they just barked like mad at the rabbits, so dh was able to save them when he went to investigate. He was so furious, he went to fetch the neighbour to come and fetch her dogs. And told her if it ever happens again, he'll take the dogs to the local animal care centre so that she can collect them there (usually at a fee!). I'm just grateful the bunnies were okay, the children's hearts would've been broken if they were bitten.

Name Game: Stella

Oh, that's a horrid thing to say! Why would they say that?!? :hugs:

I am trying to loose weight also, and I am finding it difficult. I have been trying since February, and only lost half a stone, and 5lbs of that was in the last 2 weeks.

Maybe something that might help you, which I found useful last week, as that I wrote down what I was going to eat for the week. It was things like:

B: Cereal with Semi-Skimmed milk
L: 2 bread rolls/wrap with chicken salad. Packet of snack a jacks. Bit of fruit.
D: Chicken and veg/lasagna/stir fry
Snack in the evening once Amara has gone to bed: Muller Rice

I am doing it with my mum and nan, and every friday we get weighed at my nan's house and then she makes us jacket potato with beans with salad. (Salad is: Mixed leaves, cucumber, tomato with spring onion and dressing, red cabbage, coleslaw, cheese, beetroot)

:hugs: thanks hun, I do all the cooking in the house so I'm going to have to cook low-fat food for both of us and oh always convinces me to coo something unhealthy like a roast :dohh: Thats a good idea to write everything down :flower: I'll write something down tonight and make sure oh doesn't foil it!

A roast can be healthy.

If you part boil the potato's and then finish them off in the oven (spray a bit of 1cal low fat oil over the top of them) they are low in fat.

Fill your plate with lots of veggies.

Have bit of meat, stuffing, yorkshire pud and gravy. If you 'ban' something it will only make you want it more. Just dont go over board!

:thumbup:

Name Game: Aaron

Hi girls, I was having a fiddle about with eye make-up for my wedding.

What do you think? I'm not a huge make-up person, so didnt want anything OTT!

(Excuse the moody face :haha:)

https://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab287/Shabutie0609/Wedding%20Make-up%20Practice/P1010217.jpghttps://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab287/Shabutie0609/Wedding%20Make-up%20Practice/P1010211.jpg

Im dieting a bit too....maybe for the ladies that are secret garden members we can start a post each week where we just list what we eat daily...or on days we get around to posting it and then it may make us more aware since we know we gotta tell each other lol...also can list what we did activity wise even if it is something like walked alot while shopping...or vacuumed and mopped floor????

What do y'all think????

Even if ur not trying to lose weight but just maintain and eat healthy u could still post...

Congratulations SkyBluheaven :happydance:

I'm really struggling to lose weight :nope: doesn't help that my relatives keep reminding me all the time, my sister is convinced my oh 'will look elsewhere soon' if I don't lose it now, I know he wouldn't but its not nice to hear .

Name Game : Wallis

WHAT A HORRIBLE THING FOR HER TO SAY!!!!! Im sorry but I couldn't not say anything about this bc its just plain rude!!!!! It makes me angry!!! Grrrrrr!!!!!

Ooo I like that idea! :) I know leading up to friday I try really hard, because if I dont loose weight, then my mum and nan are there, and it is embaressing if they loose weight and I put on!

I shall start it off if you want, could start it as an event or something on there?

Hope your doing okay! :hugs:

Shabutie!!!!! I like the eye makeup...u wanna go for natural glow on the big day...and waterproof makeup is a must....oh and either nautral just a lil gloss lips or lipstick that DOES NOT come off bc u husband may not wanna wear matching lipstic all day...plus u may kiss many family members on cheek and u don't wanna spend all day touching up either!!!

I love weddings so much I plan them as a hobby lol well a hobby that makes money....I do a few a year

Thank you hun!

I need to figure out blusher because its something I have never even looked at in shops :haha: I have quite rosy cheecks anyway, so unsure if I will need it anyway.

Lipgloss may be the finishing touches to OH's attire! :rofl:

~*~ Honest Eating ~*~

So... In the Secret Garden, we have a document about dieting/weight loss. Its a place where all us dieters can come together to write down what we are eating each day, as well as any exercise you do, in the hopes that it will keep us motivated, because we will be more aware of what we are putting in our mouths!

Name Game: Noel

vanilla: I'm sad that you're family is so harsh, just know that all of us are here to support you! You will reach your goals in your own time!

shabutie: I like the eye make-up it looks great, I always go pretty natural myself. I would go just a tad heavier though, otherwise it won't really show in pictures unless they're close ups. My mom and my sister helped me with my make up and looking in the mirror it was heavier than I would have done for myself, but it turned out perfect in the pictures!

Ahh thank you Pixie. I think I will need it darker so it shows up more. Think I will have another go at it tonight, and post another picture (If you ladies dont mind giving me advise/opinions) to see if its any better.

Shabutie: You have such pretty skin! You hardly need any makeup at all! *Jealous* :haha:

If you want to go darker without using black, try a gunmetal grey eyeshadow - use it like an eyeliner and smudge it so it looks smokey. :thumbup: I love makeup, I'm a total junkie.

Name Game: Leland

Shabutie: You have such pretty skin! You hardly need any makeup at all! *Jealous* :haha:

If you want to go darker without using black, try a gunmetal grey eyeshadow - use it like an eyeliner and smudge it so it looks smokey. :thumbup: I love makeup, I'm a total junkie.

Ahh the link worked then? :happydance: I didnt think it did.

Do you think? I think its all spotty (not actual white head kinda spots, but ykwim, I hope) I think because I am 1/4 chinese it helps a little. lol. Ah, thank you for that tip. I shall try that later, well as best I can with what I have, and post a pic up later, hopefully looking more improved!

Like little bumps that could be pimples but look like they haven't broken the surface of your skin yet? Mine is like that sometimes... it gets worse when I don't wash my face before I go to bed for a few nights, or around AF. A good exfoliator helps with that. :thumbup:

I brought cleanse, tone and moisturiser stuff, I just forget to do it in the mornings. And I have a facial scrub thing that my friend told me to use once a week. I must make more of an effort to do it because I only have 15 weeks till my wedding!

Name Game: Noel

vanilla: I'm sad that you're family is so harsh, just know that all of us are here to support you! You will reach your goals in your own time!

shabutie: I like the eye make-up it looks great, I always go pretty natural myself. I would go just a tad heavier though, otherwise it won't really show in pictures unless they're close ups. My mom and my sister helped me with my make up and looking in the mirror it was heavier than I would have done for myself, but it turned out perfect in the pictures!

She is correct....I figured u wanted to look like u had no makeup on...just naturally flawless that's why I said its fine but if u do want the makeup to show it will have to be darker and if ur fair skinned then u might wanna consider one of those bronzing powders for face...neck and chest!!!

Hi lovely ladies :flower:

Im gonna catch up with all the posts ive missed when I have put LO to bed :sleep:

I gotta go alllllllllll the way back to page 57!!! :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->