Welcome to the ttc in fall group..........AUTUMN ACORNS!!!!

So girl's I sent OH an email yesterday and I mentioned baby names, thinking we had them all sorted, be sends one back, saying that our baby boy name is Reuben not Lokai :shock: like where the hell did that come from?? Reuben was aname we debated with when pregnant with Amara, but decided against it as it was getting more and more common for our liking.

So either he doesnt listen to me, or he listens and then ignores it :haha:

Well I have reminded him what we spoke about, so it's just wait and see what he says. lol.

My trouble is I always tell him names I like (like Reuben) then when I have gone off it and suggest others, OH has then fallen in love with the previous name :dohh:

AAHHHH my favorite summer show is on!!!

America's Got Talent, baby!!!

I love you, Sharon. :cloud9:

I just watched Britans Got Talent this evening! :haha:

You will see that the 'small age gaps' got alot of response :thumbup:'Big age gaps' got 3 posts! :blush:

https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-club/575866-small-age-gaps-positives-negatives.html

https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-club/575873-big-age-gaps-positives-negatives.html

I'd like to put my two cents in on this one! My sister is actually a half sister and there is a 10 year age difference between us. Now we didn't grow up in the same household (same father, different moms) and we didn't really have a lot to talk about when I was 21 and she was 11. I mean she was a cool little kid sister to me, but what's really cool is when we got older, I really got the chance to not only be the big sis, but to be friends. She's in college now, and I love hearing about her college stories and first loves and sharing w/ her some of my experiences too. I'm really proud of my little sis, and she's turned into quite a fine young lady. But yeah... when you're 21 and the little sis is 11, there's not much in common, but when you're 31 and 21, the bond is tremendous.

And I know it doesn't really apply to you ladies since you will be raising your kids in the same household, but I just wanted to share my experience of the large gap between siblings.

Hi! We are going to start in August also, although I'll be coming off the pill end of July so it might take a few cycles... How do I join?

i had my proper bleed after the pill on xmas, had 2 cycles (dec-jan & jan-feb) i fell pregnant on my Feb cycle :happydance::thumbup:

Ooooh that gives me hope! I just got off the pill last month myself.

Eee!! Tomorrow is officially JUNE and that much closer to Autumn TTC!! :D

I am also scared, we have a flat which is mortgaged, my job which is fixed term due to end 21/03/2012, we want to move into married quarters but would either need to rent or sell our flat which we're not really in a position to do but we also don't want to push back TTC.

Just one of those days for worrying me thinks! xxx

I really hope everything works out for you!!

Hi girls my name is Sammi and i have a little boy Issac who is 7 months old.

We are also ttc very soon i will be coming off the pill next month so will be a bit soon for Autum but im close would you mind me joining your group?

xx

Welcome Sammi! I love the name Pipsqueak, it's the name of my parent's dog!

I'm Back! I was gone for a few days and was finally able to see my OH! I'm sad to be away from him again, but glad I have you ladies to keep me company! I don't think I'll be able to catch up on all I missed, but welcome to all the new ladies. I hope everything has been going well for everybody this last week!

Yay for seeing OH! Did you get the newsletter? It has some of the info you might have missed so you don't have to go back and reread everything.

So girl's I sent OH an email yesterday and I mentioned baby names, thinking we had them all sorted, be sends one back, saying that our baby boy name is Reuben not Lokai :shock: like where the hell did that come from?? Reuben was aname we debated with when pregnant with Amara, but decided against it as it was getting more and more common for our liking.

So either he doesnt listen to me, or he listens and then ignores it :haha:

I like Lokai much better! So your DH is outvoted :haha:

You will see that the 'small age gaps' got alot of response :thumbup:'Big age gaps' got 3 posts! :blush:

https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-club/575866-small-age-gaps-positives-negatives.html

https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-club/575873-big-age-gaps-positives-negatives.html

I'd like to put my two cents in on this one! My sister is actually a half sister and there is a 10 year age difference between us. Now we didn't grow up in the same household (same father, different moms) and we didn't really have a lot to talk about when I was 21 and she was 11. I mean she was a cool little kid sister to me, but what's really cool is when we got older, I really got the chance to not only be the big sis, but to be friends. She's in college now, and I love hearing about her college stories and first loves and sharing w/ her some of my experiences too. I'm really proud of my little sis, and she's turned into quite a fine young lady. But yeah... when you're 21 and the little sis is 11, there's not much in common, but when you're 31 and 21, the bond is tremendous.

And I know it doesn't really apply to you ladies since you will be raising your kids in the same household, but I just wanted to share my experience of the large gap between siblings.

I can completely see where you are coming from. I have a close age gap with my sister on my dads side and she is my best friend. We do everything together from shopping to telling our biggest secrets. She was actually the first person to know when i got preggers :haha:

On my moms side i have a younger brother and sister who i'm older than by about 9 and 11 years. I love them so much and as their big sister i have kind of a "protective" attitude over them. I found out my sister was being bullied at school a few years ago and i just about cried for her. :( With them it's a different kind of relationship than one of a closer age gap but it's still very special.

Thanks Hakunamatata! I did get to see the newsletter and it was a great way to stay in touch with the group! I was actually able to catch up on everything I missed!
Question for those of you with children, how long did it take you to conceive after getting off the pill? (Everyone is super different, but I'm just curious)

About the age gap thing, my 2 sisters are 7 and 9 years older than me, i suppose i felt a bit like an only child growing up because they really didnt play with me or do things with me, but then as i got older they started spoiling me :D hehe. Now im really close with both of them and i know i can talk to my oldest sister about anything and she'll support me. My middle sister and me arent as close, but she does live in Dubai now so its tricky lol.

how is everyone today? im waiting for my online shop to arrive from sainsburys between 10-11 and then its my OHs half day at work so i pick him up at 1pm YEYY! Hes starting to talk about babies *almost* as much as I do, which is nice. he ws saying last night how excited he is and he said he'll prob do a dance when we get our BFP haha xxx

Morning Girls :flower:
Hi girls my name is Sammi and i have a little boy Issac who is 7 months old.

We are also ttc very soon i will be coming off the pill next month so will be a bit soon for Autum but im close would you mind me joining your group?

xx

Welcome pip squeek :flower:

I see you have a young baby already ~ :baby: ~ I gather your hoping for a very small age gap

I should look for some string, but I cant see us having any.

Hi Pixia, glad you got to see your OH :D I am currently writing a shopping list for shopping tomorrow. Im trying to buy in things for Amara as I am going to try BLW tomorrow! :happydance:

I havent any string either & I really wanna try it, as I already have 3 children it will be extra interesting :thumbup:

Good luck with the blw today :winkwink:

I can completely see where you are coming from. I have a close age gap with my sister on my dads side and she is my best friend. We do everything together from shopping to telling our biggest secrets. She was actually the first person to know when i got preggers :haha:

On my moms side i have a younger brother and sister who i'm older than by about 9 and 11 years. I love them so much and as their big sister i have kind of a "protective" attitude over them. I found out my sister was being bullied at school a few years ago and i just about cried for her. :( With them it's a different kind of relationship than one of a closer age gap but it's still very special.

About the age gap thing, my 2 sisters are 7 and 9 years older than me, i suppose i felt a bit like an only child growing up because they really didnt play with me or do things with me, but then as i got older they started spoiling me :D hehe. Now im really close with both of them and i know i can talk to my oldest sister about anything and she'll support me. My middle sister and me arent as close, but she does live in Dubai now so its tricky lol.

how is everyone today? im waiting for my online shop to arrive from sainsburys between 10-11 and then its my OHs half day at work so i pick him up at 1pm YEYY! Hes starting to talk about babies *almost* as much as I do, which is nice. he ws saying last night how excited he is and he said he'll prob do a dance when we get our BFP haha xxx

Hakunamatata ~ iheartbaby & Kitty.....Please would you copy & paste these commments onto my age gaps thread :hugs: Pretty please :winkwink: Its so interesting & then everyone can benefit

Oh pipsqueek was our nickname for isaac before he was born ha ha. :haha:

shabutie I aslo love Lokai its not something i have heard before.

Morning girls :wave: The sun is lovely and shining away today, so my washing is out on the line!

Thanks KellyC75: off out in a bit to do my shopping, so hopefully tonight she can ahve some veggies! :)

Pip Squeek: It's because I made it up. :haha: I heard the name Loki, and I liked it, but it felt like something was missing, so I adapted it. :thumbup: But it has no meaning which is sad, because I think Amara is like Eternal beauty or something like that.

:flower:

I finally managed to get my wedding ring off and apparently we'll have pink blue pink blue! Look like I've got a load baby making to fit in during my 30s :haha:

I want 4 LO's! I must find some string, or next time round my dad's get some... he must have some in his shed! :haha:

I bet it will only say 1 girl too! lol

Can you please give me the code for your autumn acorns banner shabutie :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"