Welcome to the ttc in fall group..........AUTUMN ACORNS!!!!

thanks kelly im just confused about how i swing it?

"you hold it with your right hand and hold your left hand palm down, you then swing the ring/needle from your little finger to your thumb 3 times then wait for it to stop"

do i swing in a circle, side to side?!

It was crazy, the lights wouldn't stop flickering. But now I don't even think it's raining! It was a teeny bit scary though because I couldn't use our land line to call my husband, and the cell phone had really bad reception, so I couldn't really tell what he was saying.

I'm in Massachusetts. A tractor trailer flipped. News Link No confirmed deaths so that is good!!

hail

DH drove home in the tornado. :wacko: The hail was coming down so hard he thought it was going to break his windshield. Thankfully he's past the storm now and he's okay!! :thumbup:

Eeek ~ scary ~ You keep safe

Glad your DH is home safe now

I ask cos my mum has a place in Florida & ive seen a few tornados too

Watching the news. Uprooted trees, smashed, flipped cars, smashed houses. Yikes.

Yeah I have family in Florida too, one year we went to visit and the day we were supposed to fly home, the airport was closed because of a hurricane. I'm used to hearing about crazy weather from FL... but man, we don't usually have tornadoes in MA! Snow storms sure but rarely stuff like this.

The good thing is it's past us now, heading east. (Watch out, England! jk)

:hugs: Glad you're all ok HM. We get hit by tornadoes here in the midwest all the time and I know how scary it is. I'm 22 and i've seen 3 funnels. Luckily for two of them i was at my dads and they had a shelter for everyone in his housing development -- it was packed!! The third time was just last year me and OH were on our way home... our house was ok except for a small tree that fell and a lot of debris scattered everywhere. I took a pic on my phone... our whole town looked a mess!

I'm so going to find some string and do the gender predictor! I'll post my results on your thread in a minute, Vaniilla :thumbup:

glad to hear your okay hakunamata :hugs: I'd be hiding under the bed if there were any tornados here :rofl: we wouldn't be able to cope much either I don't think, all we need is snow here to totally malfunction!

Girls need your help.

I have, what looks like a blood blister on the top of my arm, it's purpely, bluey, blackish. It's been there for a few weeks. It's about 4-5ml in diameter, and is hard, and hurts a little to press. I just squeezed it and some blood come out, but it is still hard.

Do you know what it could be?

:flower:

found this on a first aid website it pretty sums up what I was going to say but better :flower: I get these on my fingers all the time as I'm clumsy :dohh:

Bruises

Bruises develop when small blood vessels under the skin tear or rupture, most often from a bump or fall. Blood leaks into tissues under the skin and causes the black-and-blue color. As bruises (contusions) heal, usually within 2 to 4 weeks, they often turn colors, including purplish black, reddish blue, or yellowish green. Sometimes the area of the bruise spreads down the body in the direction of gravity. A bruise on a leg usually will take longer to heal than a bruise on the face or arms.

its probably trapped blood hun :hugs:

Thanks hun :hugs:

I just want it to go and i hope it does before my wedding, my arms are awful enough without a black blob on it :( lol

Thanks hun :hugs:

I just want it to go and i hope it does before my wedding, my arms are awful enough without a black blob on it :( lol

ice is supposed to be good for getting rid of bruises, eat lots of veggies and some sort of healing cream like sudocrem should be good too, I hope it goes soon :flower:

Shabutie I would have a doctor take a look at that.

So my power is out. Updating from phone. This sucks. In semi darkness alone with 2 dogs. Basement time. Oh and DH is out bowling.

It does sound like a blood blister that is healing. I know that I have had blood blisters that didn't pop and the blood took forever to go away because it just dries up in there... tbh I usually end up popping them if they're like that, but that is likely not recommended! Do you know how you got it/remember getting a blister there somehow?

HK, I dont really go to the doctors much, but I dunno. I havent had anything like it before, but I always feel like i am wasting time when I go to the docs.

Your OH didnt stay in long :haha: at least you have your doggies to keep you company.

:flower:

It does sound like a blood blister that is healing. I know that I have had blood blisters that didn't pop and the blood took forever to go away because it just dries up in there... tbh I usually end up popping them if they're like that, but that is likely not recommended! Do you know how you got it/remember getting a blister there somehow?

I dont remember knocking it or anything. I thought I got bitten my a mosquito in that same place, but not 100% sure. :shrug:

hmm... hard to tell without seeing it. If it's sore and isn't getting any better in a few days, I might get it checked out just in case.

On another note - seeing as hakunamatata's power is out and she likely can't see my PM to her on her phone, can anyone else direct me to the FB page? Feel free to PM me!

No, it is that he never came home. It was safer for him to stay where he was. The dogs are still in the basement. This is pretty serious stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->