Welcome to the ttc in fall group..........AUTUMN ACORNS!!!!

you have the patience of an angel! it sounds like you had to wait around for way too long for comfort :nope: what if something had gone wrong its shocking that there aren't enough beds :hugs: sounds like you did very well and were really brave, and for coping with the gas and air! I wanted to puke when I tried it :sick:

Amara looks so adorable in her fluffy pramsuit :cloud9:

Shabutie - I got all teary reading that!! All of them, really!

I want a birth story!! :hissy:

i went into hospital and was 8cm! no pain relief at all - just a TENs machine... ended up with an emergency section though

:hugs: I don't know how you managed to stay out of hospital for that long :hugs:

I was in before that, I'm guessing I was 4cm when I first went in but who knows. Anyway, the midwife told me i didn't look in enough pain to be in labour?! I just handle pain well silly cow!

this is pretty much what I got too! how annoying when they do that :hissy: only I was told I was making a big deal out of nothing :dohh: next time I'm going to wear a "give me an epi shirt" and carry a broom to hit people over the head with that don't bring some

Haha I'm going to have to shout I'm in labour! And scream so they know haha. Did anyone read mine? :Blush:

I was reading earlier about ways to announe your pregnant on Facebook, and I just wished I was 16 weeks pregnant, so that i could announce it in a funny way. I cant wait to start trying, re-capping Amara's birth has made me want to do it all over again. I also want to add that for me, the contractions (well last 30mins) were alot more painful then actually pushing. If you just oush past the pain, it goes alot more quicker, and you meet your baby sooner. However, i think on my next delivery i may be more hesitant, because I know what to expect. Whereas the first time you dont really know, you just associate the pains with labour. Next time i think ill be worrying that the pain is because I am tearing :shrug: It still wont put me off. Hold your newborn baby is am amazing experience, and I really wish I had it recorded. Not for others to watch, but just so I could look back on it.

:flower:

I have heard of it happen fairly commonly when women get too far along!

I was actually 9cm when i got my epidural :dohh:

Here's my story.. be warned i'm a horrible writer :blush:

On December 30th at 8am I woke up with contractions and had honestly no idea what they were at first! Everyone told me contractions would feel like your uterus is tightening (since thats what they are) but for me they just felt like bad cramps. The cramping started in my belly and moved to my back. The contractions were pretty bearable until 5pm when i started getting really miserable. OH was giving me back massages bless him and timing my contractions for me. We didn't end up going to the hospital until 4am and the doctor said i was doing good and 4cm dilated. I had planned on going natural but since my contractions hurt so bad (and i'm a wimp) i requested an epidural. Since it was now December 31 and a holiday my doctor and the epidural team had the day off so had to get called in. It wasn't until i was already 9cm dilated that they all arrived at the hospital...just in time! If i had gone naturally at this point my LO probably would have arrived in 30 mins, at the most 2 hours but I felt bad that the doctors drove in a snow storm on their day off just to get to me, so i opted for pain relief. After dealing with labor pains for so many hours (even though i'm normally TERRIFIED of needles) when i got the epidural i didn't feel a thing. I didn't even care when they put the IV in.. i just wanted the contractions to stop. When i started pushing i couldn't feel a thing, not even pressure!! The nurse had to tell me when to give a good push and when to stop and rest. I ended up pushing from 8am-2pm... 6 whole hours :haha: My big boy Jackson Riley was born 1:50pm December 31st (8 days early) weighing 8lb 6oz. He was so beautiful and perfect in every way :cloud9: Despite how long my labor was and how tired i had been previously...at that moment i had never felt more happy and alert in my life!

I had 2 minor tears that needed stitching and THANKS to the epidural i couldn't feel that either... i will definitely be getting pain relief again for future babies.

As a side note half way through my pushing stage the IV fluid started making me very dizzy and i ended up puking all over one of the nurses. When my son came out he peed all over the SAME nurse... poor lady :rofl:

Could that be because you were progressing fairly slowly? I think a lot of the time, when people are too far along for an epidural it's also because they're progressing quite quickly at the same time. But I've yet to experience that so this is only from what I have heard!

Evening ladies! Big agree on the pain meds! I would like as many as I can get. But I have a question! I have heard that the epidural can result in long-term lower back pain because of where it is injected... any thoughts on that? Thanks!

Evening ladies! Big agree on the pain meds! I would like as many as I can get. But I have a question! I have heard that the epidural can result in long-term lower back pain because of where it is injected... any thoughts on that? Thanks!

I don't think it's supposed to, but that's one of the risks involved. I tend to get back pain fairly easily, and do not like the idea of a needle being put into my spinal column, hence why I am opting against it if I can.

I don't think it's supposed to, but that's one of the risks involved. I tend to get back pain fairly easily, and do not like the idea of a needle being put into my spinal column, hence why I am opting against it if I can.

I also have frequent back pain, which is why it worries me... and don't like the thought of needles anywhere.. I'm just figuring that when it happens I will be begging for whatever they can give me..

Could that be because you were progressing fairly slowly? I think a lot of the time, when people are too far along for an epidural it's also because they're progressing quite quickly at the same time. But I've yet to experience that so this is only from what I have heard!

That could be! It was definitely a slow labor. The nurse had to manually break my waters and while LO's head was indeed down...it wasn't as far down as it was supposed to be. I had some extra pushing to do in the beginning to get him in the right spot.

I have heard of this happening but pretty sure its rare. I haven't had any back pain since pregnancy... not even in the hospital after delivery. I'm wondering if it's more likely if they miss with the needle and have to keep trying?

I'm glad that all of you shared your stories. It's interesting to hear about everyones experiences.

Goodnight ladies! I hope you all have a blessed evening and get the much needed rest you deserve! Talk to you all in the morning! :hug:

i went into hospital and was 8cm! no pain relief at all - just a TENs machine... ended up with an emergency section though

:hugs: I don't know how you managed to stay out of hospital for that long :hugs:

I was in before that, I'm guessing I was 4cm when I first went in but who knows. Anyway, the midwife told me i didn't look in enough pain to be in labour?! I just handle pain well silly cow!

this is pretty much what I got too! how annoying when they do that :hissy: only I was told I was making a big deal out of nothing :dohh: next time I'm going to wear a "give me an epi shirt" and carry a broom to hit people over the head with that don't bring some

A t-shirt and broom should do the trick :winkwink: sorry you were ignored when you asked for pain-relief :hugs:

TRGirl - Long-term back pain is one of the possible risks with an epidural, but it's a small risk.

It's a lovely day today here in London! Anyone got any fun plans for the day. I think we're going to the park with my sister, she's a teacher but it's school holidays so got the day off :happydance:

I can't do anything because OH has my car :( its a lovely morn up here in Scotland too :)

the main thing thats put me off an epidural is the risk (however small) that you can be permanently paralysed. i just do not want that to happen! obviously lol.

Not many plans for today, got a bbq and body shop party tomorrow so need to go out and get some bits for that :) xx

Oooh, what's a Body Shop party? Is it like Ann Summers but for Body Shop products? Their baby range is lush!

I can't do anything because OH has my car :( its a lovely morn up here in Scotland too :)

SCOTLAND!!!! I don't know why but I always pictured you living somewhere sunny by the beach which is never the case in the uk :dohh: your siggie is colourful and pretty so I always assume you live somewhere exotic, although the weather is really nice today :happydance:

SCOTLAND!!!! I don't know why but I always pictured you living somewhere sunny by the beach which is never the case in the uk :dohh: your siggie is colourful and pretty so I always assume you live somewhere exotic, although the weather is really nice today :happydance:

haha no i'm up in the North of Scotland. although it is particularly nice today :haha:

with the topic of pain relief... i wouldn't say to yourself you'll have everything on the menu when you don't know what your body can cope with naturally. you might only need G&A for all you know? hehe (that's not a dig at people that need pain relief by the way :blush::wacko:)

Hi girls, just wanted to update.

I couldnt resist, I squeezed that black lump on my arm again. I brushed it past something and it was really tender, so I thought it was time to investigate. Well, out popped this hard solid white/black lump. I have no idea what it is, but it is no longer black under my skin, and is just a hole that is slowly healing.

I have never had anything like this before, god only knows what it could be, I want to google. :haha:

Could it have been an ingrown hair? :shrug: Or mayby a blackhead?

I started a thread a while ago about this, as I do have low back pain, where I had my spinal ~ If it hasnt gone in the next few weeks, im going to the Doctors :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->