Welcome to the ttc in fall group..........AUTUMN ACORNS!!!!

Hi girls, just wanted to update.

I couldnt resist, I squeezed that black lump on my arm again. I brushed it past something and it was really tender, so I thought it was time to investigate. Well, out popped this hard solid white/black lump. I have no idea what it is, but it is no longer black under my skin, and is just a hole that is slowly healing.

I have never had anything like this before, god only knows what it could be, I want to google. :haha:

Could it have been an ingrown hair? :shrug: Or mayby a blackhead?

Evening ladies! Big agree on the pain meds! I would like as many as I can get. But I have a question! I have heard that the epidural can result in long-term lower back pain because of where it is injected... any thoughts on that? Thanks!

I started a thread a while ago about this, as I do have low back pain, where I had my spinal ~ If it hasnt gone in the next few weeks, im going to the Doctors :flower:

It sounds like it was a blackhead - a good sized one. Usually if you get those out they're whitish (underneath and the top is black) - I would have been tempted to squeeze as well, I'm bad for that!

Nope girls, deffo not a black head. I love squeezing spots, and picking at things, but this was something ive never seen before! Very strange! i wish it was a blackhead, it would have been an impressive one! :rofl: Im suck a weirdo :wacko:

the main thing thats put me off an epidural is the risk (however small) that you can be permanently paralysed. i just do not want that to happen! obviously lol.

Not many plans for today, got a bbq and body shop party tomorrow so need to go out and get some bits for that :) xx

I would say that is a good reason not to want it.... is there any kind of alternative to the epidural?

Good morning ladies! It is Friday! We are having casual day at the office, and I get to leave early to go to a training, and I slept really well! Have a great day!

WTT'er of the Week - please submit your votes to me by the end of today!!

Don't forget to vote!!!!!!

Thanks!!!!

the main thing thats put me off an epidural is the risk (however small) that you can be permanently paralysed. i just do not want that to happen! obviously lol.

Not many plans for today, got a bbq and body shop party tomorrow so need to go out and get some bits for that :) xx

I would say that is a good reason not to want it.... is there any kind of alternative to the epidural?

Not really, it's pretty much gas & air, opiates such as pethidine, or epidural as far as medicalised pain relief goes. All have their pros and cons.

There are lots of methods of pain relief - TENS; homeopathy; massage; breathing techniques; hypnobirthing techniques; and the most effective form of pain relief I've seen in action.... water! Birth pools are amazing.

Oooh, what's a Body Shop party? Is it like Ann Summers but for Body Shop products? Their baby range is lush!

Yep thats exactly what it is :) Its my first one as i just started doing them and then i have 3 more over the next 2 weeks. its a fun way to get some extra pennies tho woop lol x

I thought about sharing my birth story but honestly Im not sure bc I wouldnt want to freak anyone out....MINE WAS BAD!!!!!!!!

I thought about sharing my birth story but honestly Im not sure bc I wouldnt want to freak anyone out....MINE WAS BAD!!!!!!!!

Sometimes i think it's best for people to go into it expecting the worst! That way when it happens it might not seem as bad :)

Many of us would love to hear about your experience, but don't share if you're not comfortable doing so.
My mom has the worst labor story I've ever heard, so I doubt there is much more that could scare me.
I'm starting to get a little worried about labor because I don't know much about it as far as England goes :shrug:, I know most of the medical terms and pain medications here in the US, but that will do me little good at this point. I need to research all things labor and delivery in England to help get myself educated!

The weather here is amazing, it's about 90 degrees and the sun is shining! I just got home from zumba and I am feeling totally revitalized! Now I'm gonna make a green smoothie!

There are lots of methods of pain relief - TENS; homeopathy; massage; breathing techniques; hypnobirthing techniques; and the most effective form of pain relief I've seen in action.... water! Birth pools are amazing.

I must research these things :thumbup:

What is this gas and air everyone keeps talking about?

Entonox/nitrous oxide, basically a 50/50 mix of oxygen and nitrogen, you start to inhale it through a tube/mouthpiece as soon as you feel the contraction building and it takes effect as the contraction peaks (by confusing the signals that are sent to the brain and interpret pain) dulling the ferocity of it. A lot of people find it very effective (it was my best friend in labour!!) and it is not harmful for mum or baby. The downside is it can make some people nauseous and it can make you feel a bit out of it, which some people don't like... :flower:

It's also nicknamed 'laughing gas' as it can make people out of it and get the giggles! It's used in ambulances for people who have broken limbs etc too, I'm guessing you have it in the US but must call it something else?

We call it laughing gas here but it's mostly used at the dentist. I don't think it's an option in the US for labor :(

It's not used at all in the medical field?

No, I've never heard of nitrous oxide (most people do call it 'laughing gas' or 'giggle gas' here in the US) being used for pain mgmt during labor. :nope: Mostly for people who are going in for surgery and used a lot at the dentists.

Nitrous oxide is what they use for dental work when they don't numb you with shots. I've never had it before. Before using BnB I'd never heard of it being used during labor. Thanks for the explination Elski!

MackMomma8 that's also how I understand that it's used here in Canada as well... never heard about it during labour!

It's silly too because i heard gas and air was one of the few labor pain reliefs that doesn't have a lot of risks involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->