Welcome to the ttc in fall group..........AUTUMN ACORNS!!!!

Pixie....our family has a bad history with allergies. I know that allergies usually cause the itching swelling and intolerances are more gastro related. However as Kyas allergy doc says...intolerances are just as bad as allergies...just they wont cause ur throat to swell shut and die....BUT they can cause so much pain u will wish u could curl up and die!!!

Her doctor also said that most people are born with allergies then grow out of them and I was a weirdo bc I grew Into my allergy lol

I will say this...now looking back I noticed eggs starting to upset my tummy when I was about 16 ish...theeen when I got prego suddenly they made my throat swell shut...it was bad!!! The doctor said it could either be the chemistry change in my body bc of pregnancy that made it worse or just years of subjecting myself to something I was intolerant to. She said this is why if a baby is intolerant to milk it is important to remove it from their diet and try to reintroduce it every few months...bc if an allergen is not removed u can never get over it...it will just make it worse. Of course its prolly to late for me and eggs...but if I would have stopped eating them back then...id may be able to eat them now.

Im super careful with Kyas diet and follow all the recommendations to avoid food allergies...this includes no solid food before at least 6 months of age...and watching close for small signs of food allergy which can be as simple as lots of sweating...restless sleep...lots and lots of hiccups..

Food allergies are scary!!!

Im glad ur educating urself and getting the problem looked at....it would be hard for u to be allergic to that bc its in soooo much stuff but ehhhh so is eggs lol and i manage. I read the label on everything now lol

I really wanted to wait until 6 months to wean too :( My LO has silent reflux and he was prescribed Zantac at 2 months. Unfortunately it made him very sick and his heart rate was slower than normal so the doctor said it would be best to just wait the reflux out naturally. They did try switching us to Enfamil AR formula which is supposed to be thicker and help keep the milk in his tummy... he wasn't spitting up quite as much but still enough to cause him pain in his esophagus. That's when they told me to start him on infant cereal. I'm hoping not to start vegetables or fruit until 6 months.

iHeartbaby#1 - so cute!

skyblueheaven - dairy is upsetting to me, but I don't know how big of a problem it is - I still eat it here and there, hopefully the blood tests will provide answers.

FX'd for you! I hope you get it all sorted. As far as the itching and swelling of the throat.. that's how it is for my OH with peanuts. He has to have an injection-thing (no idea what its actually called) with him at all times in case he swallows some by accident. I'm reaaaaally hoping my LO doesn't develop this... i ADORE peanut butter and especially did when i was little. I can imagine allergies would be (just as horrible) but different with things like gluten and dairy products though.

Food allergies and sensitivities and intolerances are so weird.

iHeratbaby#1 - I hope your LO outgrows his acid reflux and

skyblueheaven - I hope your LO outgrows her allergies

Kya almost refused to let me get proof of her l tooth coming in....as u will see in the pics...at first she is like HECK NO....then she slightly smiles...shows me some gum but no tooth...then finally A TOOTH PHOTO!!!

Sorry they are sideways lol

Attachments

• 2011-06-04_15-50-34_335.jpg
    2011-06-04_15-50-34_335.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 2
  • 2011-06-04_15-49-35_427.jpg
    2011-06-04_15-49-35_427.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 2011-06-04_15-49-29_498.jpg
    2011-06-04_15-49-29_498.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 2011-06-04_15-49-45_50.jpg
    2011-06-04_15-49-45_50.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 5
Awe, so crazy to think that something so little as a tooth can cause so much pain and discomfort. How has she handled her teething?

Yaaay little Kya! :happydance: She's so cute!

Has her other bottom tooth started coming in yet? I've heard they usually follow each other.

It is pefectly ok to feed rice cereal for reflux...honestly rice cereal is the least allergic food they can have. I buy beechnut brand rice cereal bc it only has rice flower and something sunflower based...and maybe something else....it had the least ingredients of all brands...I tried my hand at making some but don't do it all the time.

Oh and its called an epipen.

I have an epipen and kya has an epipen jr that we have to take everywhere too bc I wanna be on the safe side...that way if I try something new and she starts to swell...that epipen could save her life till help can get there.

Oh I am getting some free clothes from William Rast clothing company...if u don't know what that is its just a brand of clothes but its pricey so I like the benefits of working for them lol

i cannot remember if i wrote on here so just incase lol

My name is Carly, im 29 and i'll be ttc no 2, Aiden is 1 year old at the mo and is gorge!!!

I love animals and food
xx

I just went to the william rast site, so chic, I had never heard of it before. That's awesome that you can get some free clothes!

Iheartbaby#1-->yes the other tooth is currently breaking through the gum..kinda excited but I loved her gummy grins!!!

Pixie---> she has been fussy and at some point I think OMG MY BABY IS CRAZY....but really over all she is ok...the day its really breaki.g through gum is worse of course....she is such a lil trooper...I've been shocked at how well she's handled it. However don't get it twisted...my baby is spoiled and difficult!!!

i cannot remember if i wrote on here so just incase lol

My name is Carly, im 29 and i'll be ttc no 2, Aiden is 1 year old at the mo and is gorge!!!

I love animals and food
xx

Welcome hun!! I love animals and food toooo :haha:

Yes I loovveee free stuff!! Most of all clothes!!!

William Rast is just a clothing company owned by justin Timberlake and his best friend since childhood trace. However...their jeans fit amazingly...and make ur butt look soooooo fab!!!! Its not a bad company to work for either. Very personal....im allowed to work from home and have been since like 2 months before kya was born. We were also sent beautiful gifts and flowers in the hospital and Kya has received a nice chunk of change in the form of a collage savings bond.

I also received flowers and a gift for mommys day.

They treat their employees nice at that place.

Hey xfairyhopesx!!!

That is amazing, it sounds like a really great CO.

It's 11PM and my late night cravings are kicking in... everything sounds yummy

I want rolo's...u know the lil chocolate candy...I just want chocolate I believe....I can make cake without egg...maybe some red velvet cake....I never crave sweets so its odd that I am!!

MMM rolo's. I've been craving cookie dough lately but trying not to give in. It was one of my major pregnancy cravings and i haven't had any since.

Meeee tooooo......ughhhh now I want candy....im debating if I run extra tomorrow...maybe I can have it...but its already hard enough running what I do!!!

Awww can't do cookie dough...its got egg....se my life sux!!! Lol I used to love cookie dough

When i was preggers i was really worried about raw egg! My mom found me a recipe with just sugar, vanilla, butter, baking soda, and flour. It looks really weird when you first make it but if you let it refrigerate for awhile it tastes the exact same :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->