Welcome to the ttc in fall group..........AUTUMN ACORNS!!!!

Shabutie, it sounds like things are a little better and I'm sure you'll be strong over the next few days and you'll be a big help in keeping your family together. :)

Shabutie...I am so sorry for what u are dealing with. What is ur mothers exact diagnosis? I must have missed it...I think I told u that I have a masters in psychology. Is it schizophrenia? I ask that bc u say voices. If so that is a horrible disease to deal with!!!

There was recently a story on the news here about a mom who killed her baby bc she just snapped. It was super scary...and so sad. She had been on medication that she was responding very well to but out of nowhere she just lost it. They are saying how hormonal changes can really affect things. They change ones body chemistry and their meds can suddenly stop working. The reason I ask is how old is ur mother...has she hit menopause yet?

Shabutie...I am so sorry for what u are dealing with. What is ur mothers exact diagnosis? I must have missed it...I think I told u that I have a masters in psychology. Is it schizophrenia? I ask that bc u say voices. If so that is a horrible disease to deal with!!!

There was recently a story on the news here about a mom who killed her baby bc she just snapped. It was super scary...and so sad. She had been on medication that she was responding very well to but out of nowhere she just lost it. They are saying how hormonal changes can really affect things. They change ones body chemistry and their meds can suddenly stop working. The reason I ask is how old is ur mother...has she hit menopause yet?

Yeah it is Schizophrenia, although I think they have slightly changed it over the last few years to schizo-affective disorder or something like that. She has had it since she was about 14, so it is really all we have known, and my whole school life was spent with my mum in and out of hospital visiting her. :( Thats interesting about hormones, I dont think she has hit the menopause just yet, but her periods are very eractic this past year or so.

ETA: And my mum is 45 in 13 days! Great birthday it will be if she is ill, and its her first as a nanny :cry:

So many cute bump pics!!!

U ladies looked like u were super tiny before..so ur bumps look bigger than mine...boooooo I have a very hourglass shape and plenty of room in hips for baby to settle down in..so she didnt poke too far out.

How much did everyone gain??? I gained 22 pounds over all I believe...and once the water was broken and baby was out half of it was instantly gone....I was in hospital for a week and another 5 was gone...I left hospital only 6 pounds over my pre pregnancy weight. Once all my swelling went down in the first two or 3 weeks I was back at pre pregnancy weight...by 6 week checkup....I was 3lbs below pre pregnancy weight!!!

I was so proud bc I swore I wouldn't gain a ton of weight....see y'all ladies are tiny...a few extra pounds wont kill u....i have curves...lol im not fat by any means but thick...I've almost got the butt that rap songs talk about lol HOWEVER if I even gain a few pounds...it SHOWS!!!!

I hope I do as well this time around....well I probably only did well bc I was allergic to any good foods lol

Maybe she is nearing menopause...the changes can start years before it happens. Maybe that is contributing to her being ill?? Might not hurt to have her hormone levels checked...maybe some kind of hormone therapy in addition to her meds could cause great improvement!?!?!?
I hope she gets better soon...before her bday for sure!!!

They are finding now that hormones contribute to sooo much...for instance u said ur mom has had this disorder since 14.... well 14 is about the age u have ur first big hormonal changes...after that its like the levels shift a lot. So maybe her hormones aren't helping her.

I don't know...just a thought...but the research being done over here is very impressive...I've read the medical reports page by page and was very suprised at the awesome success they have had on not just schizophrenia but bi polar..even basic depression

Wow. A lot has gone on today. I've been gone to church, in-laws, and then to see some very dear friends whom we asked to be godparents, and they accepted!:happydance:
I'm so sorry that you and your family is having such a hard time Shabutie! :hugs:

I love everyone's bump pics. It gives me a better since of what you all really look like. (Not that you're still preggo.:haha:) This is crazy, but I kind of associate everyone's baby pic with them.:dohh:

I'll try to scrounge a bump pic up. Next time, to take more. The only thing I craved while pg was pizza. :pizza: KellyC75, wasn't that your aversion? I gained 30 lbs total, and I have about 5 lbs to go before being pre-pregnancy weight.

There we go. The day before I went in to be induced.

Attachments

• 100_0149.jpg
    100_0149.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 9
this is me :

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/idontknowwhentoshutup/395.jpg

:haha: i look haggared i know- i think i took this after coming back from the hospital and i was getting contractions

i so cant wait to have a baby bump and OH keeps saying he cant wait to see me preg too hehe
xx

haha i know. little monkey was breech too by then i think :dohh: i was quite low all the way through my pregnancy though :) can't wait for #2. this was me at 16 weeks as well :

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/idontknowwhentoshutup/baby%20stuff/16.jpg

Yeah u can...that baby was in the hips and ready to go!!!!!! Prolly saying....mommy stop taking pics and get me outa here!!!!!

Me tooo .....meeeee tooooo !!! Used to hate when people said that I did but now I thing its a compliment. Plus I was far more comfortable during my whole pregnancy...even at 42 weeks...when most women get very uncomfortable at the end. My body is just made right for it...wider hips...long torso...both these things make baby fit well and not crowd my organs too mud!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->