Welcome to the ttc in fall group..........AUTUMN ACORNS!!!!

I dont have many friends, i just wish my OH was home :(

You can have mine! :rofl:

Hiya all! Can't believe it's Sunday night already. Where did the weekend go? I just remember playing Sims...:haha:

I'm trying to reconnect with my daughter (7 years old). Any ideas what I can do? We've been through such a hard, tough time the past 18 months, that I kinda slipped with being only her mom...not her advocate, nurse, careworker, etc. Oh, and we're getting the results of her IQ tests back tomorrow. Wish us luck please!

Yay for Sims!! Have you played Generations yet? It just came out on the 31st I believe.

Good luck to you hon!

i officially survived my first smear test lol. had it today and i was worrying about it hurting but it didnt, like everyone said who i asked, lol. felt weird but that was all. im such a brave girl lmao xx

Yay!!! It's definitely not as bad as you might imagine before hand. It feels weird and a bit uncomfortable, but not painful or anything.

Im not even old enough for a smear test :rofl:

ETA: Had quite a busy day today. So have been to get Amara weighed today, and she weighs 16lbs 5.5oz! So she put on almost 2lbs since she last went, I am putting it down to her growth spurt she had, so thanks SBH for mentioning it to me! :thumbup: Also been to the church to sort out out banns being read etc. and it looks like every sunday from the moment OH is home, leading up to the wedding will be spent at the church, but I am looking forward to it. Also been thinking about hymns to have, just go back in from the dress shop, as my bridesmaid was going for her final dress fitting, and it was perfect, but I forgot the camera! :dohh: Also went to visit my mum after church and she is feeling much better, so the tablets are doing their job, fingers crossed they continue to work!

Not old enough? Here it's when you become sexually active. Different in the UK maybe?

Glad you're mom is feeling better!!! FX that she continues to improve!! :hugs:

Wow. It is weird they have you all wait so long and only have them every three years. I was told 18 or as soon as sexually active you get your first one. Or whenever you go on birth control they require one within six months now. Then you get one every year. Or at least in my area they are still doing every year.

^^ yup what you said.

Ooooo this is exciting!!! My first list to get added to! Me and DH plan to TTC Aug/Sept when we move into our new house! I literally can't wait... I have TTC brain!! Please add me to the Autumn Acorn list... so good to have people to share the excitement with as it's not something you can tell all your friends about :happydance:

Welcome!! So glad you're here!

I'd love to be a 16 :haha:

Me too!! I'm a size 18 and I haven't even had a baby yet. :dohh:

So ladies I went to therapy today for the first time in ages. And I cried and cried.

I honestly am a very happy person, it's just that I hold all the crap in until I'm in a safe location. Like on my shrink's couch :haha:

This probably should just be a journal entry but I know that you all want an update of the nutcase that is Hakunamatata so I figured I'd post here and cross-post in my journal.

Basically I cried because DH and I aren't making time for each other as much as we should anymore. We are so caught up with our responsibilities to our family. It's basically sucking the life out of us.

UGH he just got home, dogs are starting to bark their heads off, gotta write more when I can think.

So ladies I went to therapy today for the first time in ages. And I cried and cried.

I honestly am a very happy person, it's just that I hold all the crap in until I'm in a safe location. Like on my shrink's couch :haha:

This probably should just be a journal entry but I know that you all want an update of the nutcase that is Hakunamatata so I figured I'd post here and cross-post in my journal.

Basically I cried because DH and I aren't making time for each other as much as we should anymore. We are so caught up with our responsibilities to our family. It's basically sucking the life out of us.

UGH he just got home, dogs are starting to bark their heads off, gotta write more when I can think.

I think we all need a good crying therapy session every once in awhile. I know I am long do for one. Is there any thing you can do to plan time to spend together. I know my OH and I used to always complain we had no time together. So we had to start cutting a little bit out of the things we did separate in order to make together time. It's crucial to have that time. It's a time to talk everything out and bond and help keep the relationship alive. I know my relationship with OH starts to go down hill if we don't have completely alone time together every once in awhile. We have made a show on TV OUR show and we watch it every week together as well as every other week my mom insists on taking thena for the night so we have that time as well. We always spend most of it talking about wanting her home but we try and have a nice meal maybe play a game or watch a movie. Hopefully since we will have more money coming in we might be able to do more things actually out of the house together but it is definitely work to keep our together time.

:friends: Therapists are great, aren't they? I just finished a 6 months worth of sessions with mine (I have serious mom-daughter relationship issues), and it just feels soooo goooood to let it all out on someone who isn't emotionally attached to the situation in any way. I hope she not only listened and let you cry, but she gave you some tools and suggestions to help you talk to your DH about this.

I think we all need a good crying therapy session every once in awhile. I know I am long do for one. Is there any thing you can do to plan time to spend together. I know my OH and I used to always complain we had no time together. So we had to start cutting a little bit out of the things we did separate in order to make together time. It's crucial to have that time. It's a time to talk everything out and bond and help keep the relationship alive. I know my relationship with OH starts to go down hill if we don't have completely alone time together every once in awhile. We have made a show on TV OUR show and we watch it every week together as well as every other week my mom insists on taking thena for the night so we have that time as well. We always spend most of it talking about wanting her home but we try and have a nice meal maybe play a game or watch a movie. Hopefully since we will have more money coming in we might be able to do more things actually out of the house together but it is definitely work to keep our together time.

Same here! I just started working again so we will have a bit more money to go OUT and do stuff. We end up watching tv a lot. I love spending time on BnB while he watches sports though so it doesn't end up being "us" time. Though we did get some cuddling in on the couch the other day while watching tv.

We are talking about having Thursdays as "our day" since it'll be my day off and it's his work from home day. Saturdays unfortunately just can't be "our day" cuz of family obligations.

:friends: Therapists are great, aren't they? I just finished a 6 months worth of sessions with mine (I have serious mom-daughter relationship issues), and it just feels soooo goooood to let it all out on someone who isn't emotionally attached to the situation in any way. I hope she not only listened and let you cry, but she gave you some tools and suggestions to help you talk to your DH about this.

I hear ya!! I have serious mom-daughter issues too, also a great reason to talk about that stuff in therapy so that it can be worked through and NOT carry through in our future parenting!

She even said that DH could come for a session. I wonder if he would be game. I don't know.

She definitely recommends communicating and I actually did have a quick chat about 20 min. ago with him. He seemed very receptive to carving out more time for us. And we talked about a few other things we need to work on.

Going to turn in early tonight, feeling a lot better, talk to you ladies soon!

:hugs:

:friends:

:hug:

Although i'm fully aware that im the only one in here at the mo, I still wanted to say nighty night girls! Happy chatting! :hugs:

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

ETA: clearly not the only one... :haha: great minds think alike, night hun! xXx

What a day. My dh had stomach pains this morning, and at first we thought it was just constipation, but it progressively got worse. He called me at work at noon, and said he was going to the er. It's a good thing he did, since a few hours ago he had to have emergency gallbladder surgery. He's okay now, but it has been a very stressful day. I probably won't be on much in the next few days, so I can take care of him, but please girls, keep him in your thoughts. Thanks!

Booooooo hooooooo

I watch secret life of the american teenager ( I know ima dork) and 2 people on it where having a baby and the baby died.... it never fully said but I think it was still birth only a few weeks before...just seeing the pain and the people crying...darn good acting if u ask me bc they really seemed upset...especially Leo one boys father but he used to be on the show sopranos so I know he's talented...but I still can't help but see him as a Maria member...even in this show

Anyway...so I cried at the show...it made me remember my still birth.....then I hugged Kya very tight!!!

If u don't already have it...and y'all have smartphones....I know android smart phones have the app but don't know of iphone does...im sure it does though....get the foursquare app. It uses ur gps to pick up local areas...and u just check in when u go there...I can also choose to share it on facebook...bc they got that whole facebook places check in thing.

Anyway...if y'all get it let me know so I can add u to my friends list of foursquare and we can share check ins....im getting my bags at airport in L.A. California

Big hugs to you skyblueheaven... i can't even imagine what you went through. It would be hard to be reminded of that.

I don't have a smart phone but i really want one!! I can check to see if my ipod touch offers the app when its charged.

Ah I hope you had a nice time with your mum Vaniilla! :thumbsup:

I guess I am lucky, but im not lucky in that we only have 2.5months to get pregnant otherwise we have to wait another 4 months :( thats like 6 months altogether since we would have first started TTC, so we might not get the small age gap we want... but only time will tell.

I cant believe its come round this quick...

This is similar to our situation, we started trying in December 2010 and we 3-4months to ttc, but no luck! Hoping once we get to move together again that he won't be sent away for more training. Praying for a quick conception for the both of us! It has been terrible to have to wait after not being able to conceive in our last time frame, I'd hate for you to have to go back to waiting if you don't get pg right away.

What a day. My dh had stomach pains this morning, and at first we thought it was just constipation, but it progressively got worse. He called me at work at noon, and said he was going to the er. It's a good thing he did, since a few hours ago he had to have emergency gallbladder surgery. He's okay now, but it has been a very stressful day. I probably won't be on much in the next few days, so I can take care of him, but please girls, keep him in your thoughts. Thanks!

I'm glad he made it to the ER! I'll keep him in my prayers.

Ooooo this is exciting!!! My first list to get added to! Me and DH plan to TTC Aug/Sept when we move into our new house! I literally can't wait... I have TTC brain!! Please add me to the Autumn Acorn list... so good to have people to share the excitement with as it's not something you can tell all your friends about :happydance:

Welcome to Autumn Acorns MrsMcP!

I think we should restart the name game: Abel

Also, I've been looking into books about pregnancy/labor, any recommendations?

Has anyone heard how Blue Hadeda's daughters IQ test went?

Big hugs to you skyblueheaven... i can't even imagine what you went through. It would be hard to be reminded of that.

I don't have a smart phone but i really want one!! I can check to see if my ipod touch offers the app when its charged.

Yeaah u should lol im have fun with it...u can make a place for ur home so u can even check in there... I thought wow this is kinda fun...but it also could be very useful. If I had a teenager...I would so make them get this app and check in when they go places...I mean they can't lie about where they are at bc its based on gps location....it would make me and my paranoid parent self feel so much better!!!

Oooh i forgot about the name game: Lexi

I'm a huge sucker for the 'What to Expect' books! I own What to Expect before your Expecting, What to expect when you're expecting, and what to expect the first year. No doubt when my LO gets a bit older i will have to get the toddler years one!

Now that you mention it i think Bluehadeda was supposed to get the results yesterday. Hope everything went well for her.

My friends little girl is named Lexi, it's such a cute name!

name game: Isaac

Yeaah u should lol im have fun with it...u can make a place for ur home so u can even check in there... I thought wow this is kinda fun...but it also could be very useful. If I had a teenager...I would so make them get this app and check in when they go places...I mean they can't lie about where they are at bc its based on gps location....it would make me and my paranoid parent self feel so much better!!!

hahah that made me laugh. That's a good idea, i would do that for my kids too!

Of course, you know those darn teenagers though...they always find a way! :winkwink:

Alexis is on my list for girls and i think i would call her Lexi for short :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->