Welcome to the ttc in fall group..........AUTUMN ACORNS!!!!

Just seen this thread, may I join please :)

Welcome :wave:

My ticker is set for the 25th July, as thats the rough date that OH will be home. We should know and exact date in about 3 weeks time! :happydance:

My ticker is set for the 25th July, as thats the rough date that OH will be home. We should know and exact date in about 3 weeks time! :happydance:

That's so close, I hope he's home in 3 weeks, if not sooner!!!

Aww thanks :) I'm not sure when me n my OH will be trying as i have a few personal problems and am on antibiotics but I hope its soon as I don't really want a big age gap between them. I have a boy called haiden and he will be 2 in august

That's so close, I hope he's home in 3 weeks, if not sooner!!!

Yeah I know :happydance: I doubt it will be any sooner. Its annoying, I would love him home sooner because then we can start making babies :haha: but if he is home later then we can spend longer together as a married couple, cant have it all I suppose! lol.

Heyyy ladies

The hotel im stayin in is called The London....its in west hollywood
oh my bad...

By the way had to take a last minute trip to california...got here last night...that's why I got the foursquare account so people on my friends list could see where I go and check in to...and bc im into new trends lol...ill prolly get sick of it in a month..its cool bc its not invasive bc if u don't want someone to know where u are...just don't check in

Anyway just thought id share with the uk ladies that I decided to get a taste of london with my trip to california...that's why I picked the London hotel.

Oh and seen a few celebrities in the coffee shop this morning and gotta say...wow they looked bad in real life!!!!

But see, I don't WANT to use OPKs or softcups or anything like that. I really, really just want to :sex: whenever we feel like it, and when it happens, it happens!!

I don't exactly want to try for a baby, I just want to stop preventing one from happening, ykwim? :) I know I'll have to keep track a little, at least so I know if AF is late or not, but I just don't want getting pregnant to be stressful at all. I want it to be fun and spontaneous!

My thoughts exactly! =) Wanna keep it all fun! and stress free! I want to enjoy the process and excitement!

Mackmomma...funny enough we TTC forever and has so many losses...as soon as we stopped TTC....I got pregnant the next cycle and finally had a healthy baby girl....so sometimes its better not to try to hard.

I have to plan bc I have fertility issues....

Hope your enjoying 'London' SBH! :winkwink:

I think I am going to get some white converse for Amara to wear at our wedding, how cute would she look! lol

Welcome to our group, all the new mommies!

Ah sorry girls I haven't posted yesterday! I read through the thread to catch up, but then couldn't keep my eyes open.

My daughter's IQ tests were just fine, in the end!!! :happydance: We are SO relieved. We have now cancelled all plans to take her to a geneticist (to see if she has a chromosomal defect) for the next 6 months. If her speech and other issues (especially school work) improves, we will rest assure that she's just a normal little girl that had an isolated, extremely rare, birth defect. It feels as if a huge weight is off my shoulders, so I'm happy we did the tests. The psychologist also tested her for ADD, and other disorders, and everything is totally negative...:happydance:

Hakunamatata, no, I haven't played Generations yet! Is that a new expansion? I'm behind a bit on the expansions (never happened with Sims2, LOL). I'm only playing Adventures now, and also haven't looked at Sims Medieval yet.

Pixie, I'm glad your endoscopy is over and done with. Good luck with the results. I wonder what the red spots would mean?

Trgirl, congrats on passing your exams! And yikes, only 10 days left!!!

Kellysays2u, why are you having Babydoubts? I'm also having really bad doubts about this. What if I'm not doing the right thing for our family? I'm terrified that (1) there will be something wrong with the baby, since dealing with my daughter's issues made me realise it's not child's play having a special needs child and (2) what if something were to happen to me, and I leave my husband with 3 or 4 motherless children? :cry: I can't imagine my 3-year old without his mommy...he's SO attached to me. And even the eldest two. We're a really close-knit family. They'd be devastated...:cry:

But then I see a newborn, or picture of a baby and I think "awww, I really want that!". I don't know, am I just selfish??

Welcome to our group, all the new mommies!

Ah sorry girls I haven't posted yesterday! I read through the thread to catch up, but then couldn't keep my eyes open.

My daughter's IQ tests were just fine, in the end!!! :happydance: We are SO relieved. We have now cancelled all plans to take her to a geneticist (to see if she has a chromosomal defect) for the next 6 months. If her speech and other issues (especially school work) improves, we will rest assure that she's just a normal little girl that had an isolated, extremely rare, birth defect. It feels as if a huge weight is off my shoulders, so I'm happy we did the tests. The psychologist also tested her for ADD, and other disorders, and everything is totally negative...:happydance:

Hakunamatata, no, I haven't played Generations yet! Is that a new expansion? I'm behind a bit on the expansions (never happened with Sims2, LOL). I'm only playing Adventures now, and also haven't looked at Sims Medieval yet.

Pixie, I'm glad your endoscopy is over and done with. Good luck with the results. I wonder what the red spots would mean?

Trgirl, congrats on passing your exams! And yikes, only 10 days left!!!

Kellysays2u, why are you having Babydoubts? I'm also having really bad doubts about this. What if I'm not doing the right thing for our family? I'm terrified that (1) there will be something wrong with the baby, since dealing with my daughter's issues made me realise it's not child's play having a special needs child and (2) what if something were to happen to me, and I leave my husband with 3 or 4 motherless children? :cry: I can't imagine my 3-year old without his mommy...he's SO attached to me. And even the eldest two. We're a really close-knit family. They'd be devastated...:cry:

But then I see a newborn, or picture of a baby and I think "awww, I really want that!". I don't know, am I just selfish??

So glad to hear your daughters tests all came back fine. I hope she starts improving all around! Although I am sure she is perfect no matter how she is. Most the kids I have seen with disabilities are the most loving happy people around.

I think my main concerns are for Athena. Is it fair to her? As well as OH still doesn't really want another. More of a wanting it for me thing. He is perfectly content with just her and thinks life would be perfect with just one but is completely open to another if it's what I want. Sometimes I wonder what my REAL reasons for wanting another so bad is and think I am just being selfish cause Athena is perfectly happy as an only child why should I ruin it. Plus everyone keeps telling me to wait and I am starting to wonder if I should. I mean if I wait then maybe Athena could tell me if she REALLY wanted a sibling. Also I always doubt my parenting skills. I think because I don't have anything to compare it to. My parents were pretty much absent in my life so as much as I am told that I am "such a great mom" and athena is exceptionally smart for her age and the happiest toddler around I always think its just a fluke. I also never think I spend enough time with her and I spend all day 5 days a week with her and the other two she goes to daycare for 5 hours a day as the doctor recommended it for interaction purposes and she LOVES IT. Which also makes me wonder if I am doing a good job cause sometimes shes not all that thrilled to leave daycare. But everyone tells me thats normal she is just having fun with the kids her age. I just don't know. I know another thing is I regret not doing a lot of things during my pregnancy and her infant times so I wonder if a lot of me pushing it is cause I want to experience those things so bad and really bond with my pregnancy and take the new baby to do more "baby" things that I didn't get to do with athena cause we couldn't afford to. But then I feel bad for that cause why should the new baby get to if athena couldn't.

I just don't know. But I also completely feel I want another baby a sibling for athena.

:hug:kellysays2u:hug:

You need to quit overthinkin' it, girl! Take a breather and know that if you do decide to have another, you will be just as great of a mom to that LO as Athena, and she's make an awesome big sister! Maybe you just need more time between babies? Since Athena is still so young, maybe the memories of all the things you felt like you didn't get to do with her as an infant are still too new.

I dunno, I'm rambling...

I think we all have our doubts from time to time, for many reasons. But I do the same thing. I saw a BEAUTIFUL little girl sitting on her mom's lap when I walked into the store yesterday and just MELTED!! I'm SOOO READY!! Or at least will be soon enough! hahha

Bluehadeda: So glad you got good news!! Yay!!

Yup Generations is the newest expansion. Medieval is a stand alone Sims game. Medieval is super fun!

Kelly: It's a big decision to make. I bet Athena would love a sibling. I hope that your OH comes around and supports your wanting a second child.

Mummy2109: Welcome to the group!!

Everyone: If you haven't given me your email address yet, please do so when you can so I can include you on the weekly newsletter!

Also, please submit your vote for WTT'er of the Week by Friday. This can be any person that stands out to you for being a special part of our group for any reason. WTT'er of the Week will be announced on Saturday.

Please PM me if you would like to be added to the Facebook group.

:friends:

Name Game: Ivan
Sounds like everyone had a pretty crazy day, it sounds like it got better towards the end though. My OH and I take a dance class together which is really fun and makes sure we spend a little time together. But he already complains if I don't spend enough time with him so it'll be interesting when we have kids.

Great news! I had two exams in the last month that I was really stressed about, but I passed both! Found out one yesterday and the other just now, so that is a huge relief and now I can focus entirely on the wedding.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Congrats!!! :happydance:

Bluehadeda---- so glad u got positive news

I too have doubts...I worry about it being fair to kya...im waiting until she's atleast one before even setting the TTC date...who knows..I may decide to wait.

Just so everyone knows even if u decide to wait.....u shouldn't feel weird if others here are ttcing...I think that while this group started as a. TTC group...it is becoming far more than that...its about building bonds with ladies that can support u in any part of ur life!!!!

We will know its right to TTC when the time comes....as for now its normal to have doubts because this is a big thing!!!

I too have doubts...I worry about it being fair to kya...im waiting until she's atleast one before even setting the TTC date...who knows..I may decide to wait.

Just so everyone knows even if u decide to wait.....u shouldn't feel weird if others here are ttcing...I think that while this group started as a. TTC group...it is becoming far more than that...its about building bonds with ladies that can support u in any part of ur life!!!!

We will know its right to TTC when the time comes....as for now its normal to have doubts because this is a big thing!!!

I agree, very well said!

So as you know my wedding is coming up and overall things are going well and coming together just fine. But today was a really stressful day at work and as I was leaving I got an e-mail from my aunt that the white heather brooch she was going to lend me broke. So that brooch was supposed to be my 'something borrowed' and white heather which is for luck, so that almost made me break down crying except I was still in front of work collegues so I held it in.

I came home and my OH wasn't home yet so I had to take the dog out and as I was leaving he called to tell me he was running late but that he had invited someone over for dinner (really!!!!!!!!!!! I have no food and I'm tired!!!!!) So anyways, I took the dog out and I called my mom. I wanted to ask her essentially to buy something with white heather so I could borrow it from her and I felt so bad asking her to do that. So she picked up the phone and I explained that my aunt's brooch broke and right away she said I have a solution. She told me she had just bought a white heather brooch and that she could lend it to me no problem. And that was the kicker, I burst into tears on the streetcorner holding my dog and a bag full of poo....

Just wanted to vent that a little since my OH still isn't home and we won't get anytime to talk before our guests arrives... thank you ladies for listening! :)

Wise words my friend! :thumbup:

I actually havent felt bad for Amara yet, does that make me awful? :blush: I dont know if its because she isnt that old yet so she hasnt experienced much, or because im busy with wedding and what not, that I havent had time to sit down and think? I wonder... Maybe once I am pregnant and I am faced with the prospect of having another baby and Amara being a sister, will dawn on me and then all the worries/fears will emerge!

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->