Welcome to the ttc in fall group..........AUTUMN ACORNS!!!!

So as you know my wedding is coming up and overall things are going well and coming together just fine. But today was a really stressful day at work and as I was leaving I got an e-mail from my aunt that the white heather brooch she was going to lend me broke. So that brooch was supposed to be my 'something borrowed' and white heather which is for luck, so that almost made me break down crying except I was still in front of work collegues so I held it in.

I came home and my OH wasn't home yet so I had to take the dog out and as I was leaving he called to tell me he was running late but that he had invited someone over for dinner (really!!!!!!!!!!! I have no food and I'm tired!!!!!) So anyways, I took the dog out and I called my mom. I wanted to ask her essentially to buy something with white heather so I could borrow it from her and I felt so bad asking her to do that. So she picked up the phone and I explained that my aunt's brooch broke and right away she said I have a solution. She told me she had just bought a white heather brooch and that she could lend it to me no problem. And that was the kicker, I burst into tears on the streetcorner holding my dog and a bag full of poo....

Just wanted to vent that a little since my OH still isn't home and we won't get anytime to talk before our guests arrives... thank you ladies for listening! :)

Aww thats coinscidence your mum had brought one. My something borrowed is a brooch from my nan. I didnt know if she had one so was going to ask her, or my mum, to buy one and I borrow it. lol, but my nan came to the rescue, it is always my something blue, here is a picture of it! The cameo is my something old from my great gran. She left it to me when she died, 11 years ago, and I always said I will wear it on my wedding day. I bet your getting excited about your big day! You must share a piccy or two! :thumbup:

Attachments

• P5110183.jpg
    P5110183.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 2
I don't even have any kids yet and I'm having some fears and worries.

Hey everyone,
DH is home now recovering. In a way, I have 2 babies now.:haha:Not really. I have realized though how much I rely on his help with everything. I don't know how you all do it who have to deal with a lo without oh's help for stretches of time.
I honestly did read all the posts, but my brain is too tired to process right now. Welcome to new members and wow I didn't realize some girls were kind of trying (or NTNP) before fall. Good luck!:thumbup:
I'm about to drop, but I love you all and will chat more thoroughly soon!

So as you know my wedding is coming up and overall things are going well and coming together just fine. But today was a really stressful day at work and as I was leaving I got an e-mail from my aunt that the white heather brooch she was going to lend me broke. So that brooch was supposed to be my 'something borrowed' and white heather which is for luck, so that almost made me break down crying except I was still in front of work collegues so I held it in.

I came home and my OH wasn't home yet so I had to take the dog out and as I was leaving he called to tell me he was running late but that he had invited someone over for dinner (really!!!!!!!!!!! I have no food and I'm tired!!!!!) So anyways, I took the dog out and I called my mom. I wanted to ask her essentially to buy something with white heather so I could borrow it from her and I felt so bad asking her to do that. So she picked up the phone and I explained that my aunt's brooch broke and right away she said I have a solution. She told me she had just bought a white heather brooch and that she could lend it to me no problem. And that was the kicker, I burst into tears on the streetcorner holding my dog and a bag full of poo....

Just wanted to vent that a little since my OH still isn't home and we won't get anytime to talk before our guests arrives... thank you ladies for listening! :)

Aww thats coinscidence your mum had brought one. My something borrowed is a brooch from my nan. I didnt know if she had one so was going to ask her, or my mum, to buy one and I borrow it. lol, but my nan came to the rescue, it is always my something blue, here is a picture of it! The cameo is my something old from my great gran. She left it to me when she died, 11 years ago, and I always said I will wear it on my wedding day. I bet your getting excited about your big day! You must share a piccy or two! :thumbup:

That pic looks really pretty, and don't worry I will definitely post some pics, it might have to wait until after the honeymoon, but definitely!

When are you getting married?

aww! Now see! Everything always has a way of working its way out one way or another! That's awesome when things come together like that! Good Luck to you and don't let the little things stress you out! Enjoy the process! =)

It is really awesome how everything falls into place! My veil was missing the morning of the wedding and our wedding was at noon, but we were able to track it down and have it on time for the ceremony! All the pieces will fall together!

kellysays2u I know exactly what you mean. I didn't take the time to enjoy my pregnancy with my son because I was so worried about getting into our new home, planning a wedding, and worrying what everyone else thought...and I feel like I need a do-over. That's not the only reason I want another, I want my son to have a sibling and I just yearn for another so bad...but I feel like I will be neglecting him somehow...it's hard to explain =/

I know 10 people that are pregnant and 3 that delivered this week.
I'm feeling really down about not being pg. I talked to my MIL today and I just wanted to tell her how badly I want kids and ask her how long it took her to conceive and express my frustration about having to WTT and having already tried for 4 months unsucessfully, but I don't want her to know we'll be ttc because I want her to be really surprized when we tell her we're expecting. Though she probably has an idea that we'll be trying soon because of how much I talk about babies without even thinking about it. She is so amazing, I would love to have her as my coach during labor if I can have that many people in my room, she used to be a delivery nurse.
Do any of you feel like you're going to slip up and tell all out of excitement or frustration? She is the one I have the most trouble talking with because I want to keep it a secret, but she's also one of the people I'd love to talk to about this the most, about my fears, excitement, and frustrations.

Sorry, rambling rant over.

kellysays2u I know exactly what you mean. I didn't take the time to enjoy my pregnancy with my son because I was so worried about getting into our new home, planning a wedding, and worrying what everyone else thought...and I feel like I need a do-over. That's not the only reason I want another, I want my son to have a sibling and I just yearn for another so bad...but I feel like I will be neglecting him somehow...it's hard to explain =/

I'm not at this point yet, but I imagine it is challenging to know what will be the best parenting decision you can make, whether it is giving him a sibling or being able to give him more one on one time as an only child for a bit longer.

Bluehadeda---- so glad u got positive news

I too have doubts...I worry about it being fair to kya...im waiting until she's atleast one before even setting the TTC date...who knows..I may decide to wait.

Just so everyone knows even if u decide to wait.....u shouldn't feel weird if others here are ttcing...I think that while this group started as a. TTC group...it is becoming far more than that...its about building bonds with ladies that can support u in any part of ur life!!!!

We will know its right to TTC when the time comes....as for now its normal to have doubts because this is a big thing!!!

this is exactly how i'm feeling about TTC #2. i want to be fair to Pixie so that's why my TTC date is when pixie is 9months... it will prolly not happen first cycle BUT we might have 2nd thoughts and wait a few months too till we're comfy with it totally. i really want a close age gap but at the same time i want to make sure pixie will be happy too you know?

and in other news my little doodle-bug is scooting about on her hands and knees now :cry: she's growing up so fast!

Rowan is scooting around too now, I wonder how long before he'll be really crawling around, he's crawling now but its more like shuffling forwards :haha:

anyone have any ideas what we could do over here? today is going really slowly for me :sleep:

oh no we have proper crawling now! she's getting faster and faster! haha!!

we're still in scotland - actually we're just moving 6 miles from my parents... and 6 miles from my OHs parents so in the middle haha. we've just bought a 3 bedroomed house so i'm itching to get in and get decorating! :)

Morning girls :wave:

I wish was could buy a house, just dont have enough for a deposit :( But we have a roof over our heads so thats the main thing. I watched a programme last night on BBC1 called 'Poor Kids' and it was actually quite sad the conditions that have to live in, I felt so lucky, and gratful to my OH.

:flower:

I wish we could afford to buy a house too! we have to wait another 3-5 years as we'll need a deposit of around 50k I don't mind renting I just want to be able to decorate freely/renovate, stick in cat flaps, keep chickens, plant things without worrying about what we'll do when we have to move etc I really want to buy a house at auction so I can do it up :)

I haven't heard of that show sounds like it was a good show :flower:

Yeah renting is okay, but like you I am longing to decorate, and do things up so its nicer, but I dont see the point as I cant take it with me whenever we do move.

Ah here is the link to the programme:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b011vnls/Poor_Kids/

:flower:

we were lucky enough to stay with my parents while i was pregnant and OH moved in with us a month before pixie was born. we managed to get a good amount of deposit sorted (10%) and money for furnishing etc... it's so costly! our solicitor fee's on their own are near £1500! never mind deposit and the cost of putting GCH in our new house (that's looking at at least £3000 >__<) i've done nothing but save since i started working though so it's paid off :)

hope you girls manage to buy soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->