Welcome to the ttc in fall group..........AUTUMN ACORNS!!!!

I just bought my house recently!!!!!

Pichi-----> I understand exactly how ur feeling...when I think of hoe jealous kya may feel...it breaks my heart!!!!! It hurts me to think of how she might feel like I don't love her as much anymore!!! I want there to be a close age gap but I also want her to be at an age where she is more independent and understands a little.

VANIILLA----------> I added u on foursquare!!!!!!!! U just have to approve me. I tried to approve someone from my app yesterday and it wouldn't work...had to go to foursquare.com and approve it...hope its easier for u.

Hi Girls

We have just bought a house too its just stupid the ammout of deposite you have to put down they dont make it easy for first time buyers. We have to put 20% down.

Pichi i know how you feel all we have done is save. Solicitors fees are just stupid.

Ahh my little boy is crawling too he started a couple of weeks ago they grow way too fast.

Pixie has been half arsed crawling for about a month or so but we have proper crawling now :

Its not just deposit, its all the insurances too !

I have a question! I live in a place where you cannot change your name when you get married, so I always grew up knowing that my name would always be mine and I identify very closely to it. So my questions is since you all seem to live elsewhere, are you happy to change your name? Does it make you proud to have your husband's name? If you could would you rather keep your own name? Just curious to get some feedback... my husband wants me to do a legal name change and I don't really want to.... so just curious!

Hope everyone is having a good day!

My little one has my OHs surname and when we get married I'll be taking his name too. I think its nice to all have the same surname :)

I bought my house 4 months ago....my boss ( the reason im in california right now too) gave me the money for the deposit bc he wanted to make sure we had a good place to live. Im home alone alot and our old neighborhood was getting bad. I found out that in a weeks time we had 2 attempted rapes and a rape. My neighborhood was a middle class neighborhood so all the crime was shocking. That was the week that my boss moved kya and I into a nice hotel....paid to end my lease at my old place early...and told me to find another house and he would pay all upfront costs and help me if I need it.

He was just concerned bc Kyas father isn't home alot...so id be a vulnerable target. A woman with a young baby will do anything a criminal says to try to protect her baby.

I lived in the hotel for about a month before I found something and he payed the upfront cost and now I make payments to him.

Wow that's amazing! What a nice boss you have

Had a lot going on these past couple of days ~ My Nan & Grandad are pretty poorly & ive been doing all I can to help :hugs:

Have I missed anything? :shrug:

I know 10 people that are pregnant and 3 that delivered this week.
I'm feeling really down about not being pg. I talked to my MIL today and I just wanted to tell her how badly I want kids and ask her how long it took her to conceive and express my frustration about having to WTT and having already tried for 4 months unsucessfully, but I don't want her to know we'll be ttc because I want her to be really surprized when we tell her we're expecting. Though she probably has an idea that we'll be trying soon because of how much I talk about babies without even thinking about it. She is so amazing, I would love to have her as my coach during labor if I can have that many people in my room, she used to be a delivery nurse.
Do any of you feel like you're going to slip up and tell all out of excitement or frustration? She is the one I have the most trouble talking with because I want to keep it a secret, but she's also one of the people I'd love to talk to about this the most, about my fears, excitement, and frustrations.

Sorry, rambling rant over.

I spilled the beans to a good friend of mine yesterday. We're really close, but it still felt kind of awkward to talk about it with someone IRL. Maybe that's weird... :shrug: She was so supportive tho, not that I expected anything else from her, but it was nice to have someone who really understood my POV.

we're still in scotland - actually we're just moving 6 miles from my parents... and 6 miles from my OHs parents so in the middle haha. we've just bought a 3 bedroomed house so i'm itching to get in and get decorating! :)

I want to but a house SOOO badly, too. I just refuse to live in a neighborhood that I don't want to live in, and all of the neighborhoods I want to live in are out of our price range for homes. :cry: Unless we save up a HUGE down payment, which will take us at least 5 years. I'm okay with waiting 5 years to buy a home, but not to have a baby! :haha:

I have a question! I live in a place where you cannot change your name when you get married, so I always grew up knowing that my name would always be mine and I identify very closely to it. So my questions is since you all seem to live elsewhere, are you happy to change your name? Does it make you proud to have your husband's name? If you could would you rather keep your own name? Just curious to get some feedback... my husband wants me to do a legal name change and I don't really want to.... so just curious!

Hope everyone is having a good day!

I couldn't WAIT to take my husband's name. I just feel like it makes us more of a unit, a team, so to speak. TBH, I hated my maiden name, not because it was ugly (oh but it was), but because it was my father's name. My father and I haven't spoken since I was 12, he is a verbally abusive sociopath. So taking my husband's name was a bit more symbolic for me, it was just one more way to cut myself off from my father.

I wonder who of us in here will be bump buddies :p

Yeah he's a nice guy...he get a bad reputation in some Circles bc he's seen as a womanizer and a party type guy and he is in some respects but he has always been good to us. He's a good person bc he does charity work...he's a good boss to all of his employees, especially us.....he is a good friend...a good son who adores his mother......he just isn't a great boyfriend lol

I guess everyone is allowed to have a downside. However...not to defend him or anything...but he doesn't lie to the girls..he makes his commitment issues very apparent. So ehhh u know.

I will be happy to take my husbands last name too...when I get married....if I get married bc I have commitment issues too lol

I wonder who of us in here will be bump buddies :p

I imagine quite a few of us will be. Or at least very close to it :)

Thank you ladies for letting me get all that out. I haven't said it allowed to anyone about the resenting not enjoying my pregnancy and all those other things and it definitely helped. I realize I am not doing it just for a redo but its more just I would feel nice if I DID have one. I think we will still stick to trying in the fall :) It was funny I was having a really down moment and started to cry and just told OH to go get a vesectomy "because his insurance now covers it and he clearly doesn't want one" he looked at me dumb struck (weird because he was always the one joking he would get one so I couldn't keep changing my mind) and said "No I know I will change my mind once your pregnant its just scary because we never actually new oh were gonna be getting pregnant in blank amount of months..... I had no control over it before." So I guess that makes me feel better. That its more hes just scared knowing we WILL be having a baby in hopefully around a year. I think the other thing thats hard is its hard for me to realize that Athena will be 3 by the time we have the next baby and everyone tells me two years a part is a horrible time to add a new baby because of the terrible two's. So I think I need to realize she will be at the end of the tantrums (hopefully... and hers aren't even that bad) by the time I have another. Plus at three (as long as shes potty trained) she can start head start which is a free half day preschool program that she should still qualify for. I just can't imagine taking away her daycare because I decide to have another baby. She loves it so much there and its been so great for her. I feel like I am writing a novel though. But I really just want to thank you guys for being there and being so non-judgmental. You are all awesome. I think I just need to realize everyone's going to worry for some reason or another and I believe that 3-4 years is a really good age gap for us. Although I could change my mind and wait longer. Its all up to us. But if we do wait I still definitely want to stay in contact with everyone :) I am sure it would just make me even more broody having all of you pregnant and having babies though :)

Oh and on houses. OH and I plan to buy a house within the next 5 years. We are going to save all of our income tax money and bonuses and hope we have enough for our deposit in that time. We should if we stick to our plan :)

I didnt really enjoy my pregnancy as much as I felt I should have either
...I was a high risk pregnancy which was good in some ways bc I got extra care and more ultrasounds than a typical pregnancy but it was bad bc I was on bed rest from early on....I didnt get a babyshower.....and then when I had the traumatic birth and very slow recovery so I was on horrible pain and didnt get to enjoy that much either. I felt so cheated...after so many losses and trying so hard to have a baby...I guess I had this perfect vision in my head and it didnt happen

However I tried hard to make sure that kya wasn't cheated out of having the best care from me

While I had a perfect vision of pregnancy...birth..and post birth...and it got ruined....I thought I had a perfect vision of what my daughter would be like and how it would feel to be a mom.....I had no idea

I didnt know that such beauty and perfection could exist.

I was instantly...truly...madly...deeply in love with my daughter from the first second I seen her. I thought I loved her when I was pregnant but once again...I had no idea.

Then each day I think there is no possible way I could love her more.....I get suprised bc with every smile...laugh....and even cry....I love her more.

So while I would like to have another pregnancy to enjoy...I wouldnt have done anything different with kya...bc maybe one small change would have shifted the perfection that I can't wait to wake up to everyday

Hahaha the Acorns would be a force to be reckoned with then, wouldn't we? I can just see it now... we take over the TTC boards like a brood of cackling, pregnant, hormonal hens!!! :rofl:

Hahaha the Acorns would be a force to be reckoned with then, wouldn't we? I can just see it now... we take over the TTC boards like a brood of cackling, pregnant, hormonal hens!!! :rofl:

this has just reminded me of chicken run :rofl:

Hey everyone,
DH is home now recovering. In a way, I have 2 babies now.:haha:Not really. I have realized though how much I rely on his help with everything. I don't know how you all do it who have to deal with a lo without oh's help for stretches of time.
I honestly did read all the posts, but my brain is too tired to process right now. Welcome to new members and wow I didn't realize some girls were kind of trying (or NTNP) before fall. Good luck!:thumbup:
I'm about to drop, but I love you all and will chat more thoroughly soon!

Glad to hear he's recovering well! I'm really interested to know about his surgery as i just found out i have to get the SAME THING tomorrow morning.

I have been getting these pains in my right abdominal area since i was 7 months pregnant but i just thought it was painful gas from all my organs being squished or something. Then after i had the baby i was still getting them but never really got it checked out. The pains were awful but would go away within 20-25 minutes.

A couple nights ago they started getting very severe and i was screaming out to OH in pain. When i would lie on my stomach i could feel like a painful bulging in my abdomen. OH took me to the hospital and it turns out i have several stones in my gallbladder and its a little enflamed (hence the bulging i felt). They couldn't get me in until tomorrow for surgery so i have oxycodone pain killers in case it happens in the meantime.

I'm worried because when they gave me the ultrasound they said my bile duct is only 2mm! 2mm is abnormally small and when they ran over the risk of surgery to me... they said they could accidentally clip the bile duct while removing the gallbladder :cry: So needless to say i'm freaking out here.

Glad to hear he's recovering well! I'm really interested to know about his surgery as i just found out i have to get the SAME THING tomorrow morning.

I have been getting these pains in my right abdominal area since i was 7 months pregnant but i just thought it was painful gas from all my organs being squished or something. Then after i had the baby i was still getting them but never really got it checked out. The pains were awful but would go away within 20-25 minutes.

A couple nights ago they started getting very severe and i was screaming out to OH in pain. When i would lie on my stomach i could feel like a painful bulging in my abdomen. OH took me to the hospital and it turns out i have several stones in my gallbladder and its a little enflamed (hence the bulging i felt). They couldn't get me in until tomorrow for surgery so i have oxycodone pain killers in case it happens in the meantime.

I'm worried because when they gave me my ultrasound they said my bile duct is only 2mm! 2mm is abnormally small and when they ran over the risk of surgery to me... they said they could accidentally clip the bile duct while removing the gallbladder :cry: So needless to say i'm freaking out here.

:hug: It'll be okay! My BIL had to have his GB removed years ago because of his autoimmune disease. He's SO MUCH BETTER now for it, and I just know it'll be the same for you! Don't stress, there's a reason doctors go to school for 10 years, right? :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->