Welcome to the ttc in fall group..........AUTUMN ACORNS!!!!

Yeah, maybe we should do honorable mentions for anyone who gets more than 1 vote? Does that sound okay?

I think if you think that sounds good then you should do it :) It's mostly you that has to worry about it! You know how many votes are coming in and what it would be like to do that.

LOL well I want to do whatever makes you guys happy! :flower: :thumbup: :happydance:

but it might have the opposite effect with people that get no votes will know they got no votes, I'm having a self pity party here so ignore me lol :blush:

No that is a very good point... didnt look at it that way! :blush:

Maybe just stick with the top one, Im sure everyones time will come! :D

Right, off to do the bottles, oh how fun, i SO hope breast feeding works for the next LO, I hate washing/making bottles, and they have just changed the formula recipe, so I dont know how Amara will deal with it.

I also brought a Kozy Carrier earlier, so I am excited for it to arrive. I want it for Amara but it is also for the next LO :blush: as I dont want a double buggy. Ill just push Amara in her pushchair and the baby in the carrier, problem solved. or they can switch around... exciting times. Roll on 2012 for my Acorn baby! :happydance:

making bottles sucks! OH is making them atm and then I'm off to bed, I really hope bf works with next lo too, I'm making sure I arrange some sort of support before I give birth this time so that its all taken care of. Good night everyone :flower:

Yeah he's fab! Our familes dont agree, but I think its hard to, when they dont have the 'experience' of their dad dying young. They all think I pushed OH into because he can be a bit soft, but he is doing it for me, because he knows what my name means to me, plus its more unusual as its a chinese name :thumbup: They also think 'its not tradition' but then that could be said about our whole relationship:

Sex before marriage
Children before marriage
Lived together before marriage

so.... their views are invalid :haha:

I agree! Do whatever makes you guys happy!!

wow i have over 20 pages to catch up on! Think i will do that reading tomorrow lol. Have alot on my mind tonight and i really can't sleep :( don't want to go into it but any positive thoughts you can send my way i'd really appreciate :) xxx

Hope you're feeling better hon! xx

Yeah, maybe we should do honorable mentions for anyone who gets more than 1 vote? Does that sound okay?

but it might have the opposite effect with people that get no votes will know they got no votes, I'm having a self pity party here so ignore me lol :blush:

You know, you have a good point. Maybe we should have 1 WTT'er of the Week, and just one honorable mention if 1 person gets a lot of votes, basically like a second place.

Also, we definitely do NOT want this to make anyone feel badly. If it feels too much like a popularity contest, we don't have to do it. The most important thing is that we ALL feel valued. We want to have an inclusive, not an exclusive feel to the group.

All opinions are most appreciated!!!

making bottles sucks! OH is making them atm and then I'm off to bed, I really hope bf works with next lo too, I'm making sure I arrange some sort of support before I give birth this time so that its all taken care of. Good night everyone :flower:

I plan to do the exact same. I was thinking I will go to the breast feeding group again ( I went once, just before I had Amara) and get as much knowledge as possible, because with Amara, after she was born, I was asked do I want to try and feed her, so i said yes, and they left me to it. I had no idea what to do. I know it is fairly self explanitory, but there are techniques etc. that I didnt know much about.

I do worry that if BF works teh next time, that I will feel like Amara missed out, but then I have to remind myself that she is thriving on the formula. :thumbup:

HK... I Love your DP, very fitting. You know Lion King comes out on DVD this Autumn! :happydance: Definately a film to get for Amara (and me and OH :blush: ) to watch!

:flower:

I loved my maiden name, but I'm a bit traditional and I knew I would take my hubbys name once we got married. I miss my maiden name, but some of my friends from childhood still call me by it so it doesn't feel completely gone. I do love my married name though because it helps me to feel included in OH's family.

I got a call from a nurse at my doctors office. The results of my blood tests came in and I am allergic to casein - a protein in milk, so essentially I am allergic to all dairy and anything else that contains this protein. I'm starting my casein free diet right away, the biopsy results from my endoscopy haven't come back yet, so we'll see if there is an additional diagnosis in the next week or two.

I was going to take my prenatal vitamins, but my doctor said that I have to take 5000 units of vitamin D3 everyday and my prenatal vitamin had some D3 and I don't want to over do it so I bought some folic acid so that I don't have to worry about a D3 overload. I had only taken the multi-prenatals in the past so I wasn't sure how many mcg's of folic acid I would need, I bought folic acid that will be 1000mcg per day, does anyone know if this is the proper/reccomended amount???

How much folic acid to take - Babycenter

WebMD

Women's Health.gov

The reason I didnt choose to do honorable mentions is I didnt want 4 people to be voted and then other people thinking " well did I not get a vote"

I just felt it may start to single people out

However I passed the torch to hakunamatata on this one sooooo its on her judgment!!"

1000 will be more than enough from what I've read. Your body will flush out the excess folic acid that it doesn't need.

*There are exceptions to this though, so check with your doctor.*

{end of HM's disclaimer}

While it's fun to get recognized, I think a lot of people might get lost in the mix. Some are able to post more than others. I'm all for voting and recognition, just afraid to have people left out too like you all said.

Hope your new diet goes well, Pixie. I'm sure it'll take some adjusting but it'll work out okay. Hope the biopsy comes back okay. Be sure to keep us posted.

Thanks Hakunamatata! I did so much research earlier on my allergy that I am to lazy to research much more today. Glad to know that if anything I will be taking more than enough folic acid.

Thanks Hakunamatata! I did so much research earlier on my allergy that I am to lazy to research much more today. Glad to know that if anything I will be taking more than enough folic acid.

*sending you a cheese pizza through the computer*

just kidding!!!

Thanks lovepurple! It will take some adjusting, but I'll find my way. I'm just excited at the chance of feeling better!
I'm greiving the loss of candy bars though. And my beloved cheese pizza.

Thanks lovepurple! It will take some adjusting, but I'll find my way. I'm just excited at the chance of feeling better!
I'm greiving the loss of candy bars though. And my beloved cheese pizza.

Just think of how much better and healthier you'll be and feel once you do TTC and are preggo! I'm sure the LO will appreciate the healthier food sources ;)

I loved my maiden name, but I'm a bit traditional and I knew I would take my hubbys name once we got married. I miss my maiden name, but some of my friends from childhood still call me by it so it doesn't feel completely gone. I do love my married name though because it helps me to feel included in OH's family.

I got a call from a nurse at my doctors office. The results of my blood tests came in and I am allergic to casein - a protein in milk, so essentially I am allergic to all dairy and anything else that contains this protein. I'm starting my casein free diet right away, the biopsy results from my endoscopy haven't come back yet, so we'll see if there is an additional diagnosis in the next week or two.

I was going to take my prenatal vitamins, but my doctor said that I have to take 5000 units of vitamin D3 everyday and my prenatal vitamin had some D3 and I don't want to over do it so I bought some folic acid so that I don't have to worry about a D3 overload. I had only taken the multi-prenatals in the past so I wasn't sure how many mcg's of folic acid I would need, I bought folic acid that will be 1000mcg per day, does anyone know if this is the proper/reccomended amount???

Ohhh honey im sorry...that's the same thing I can't eat bc kya is allergic!!! Its tought bc it is in so much stuff.

Still be cautious bc blood allergy test are more likely to come back with false negatives...and u still may be allergic to it

Skin prick test are less likely to have false negatives but more likely to have false positives. We do both types of test to make sure we don't miss anything.

Good luck with ur new diet...I can do soy...which is what I get in my larges lol

Oh and u can find tons of good stuff in the began foods section that wont have any milk involved. Of course im sure u know all of this so I don't know why im bothering to tell u.

I will say this...when I eliminated my allergens from my diet...I dropped 10 pounds without even trying. Then when I eliminated dairy I lost a few pounds...all from belly and thighs without even trying. I read once long ago that our bodies technically have a hard time digesting diary so when u stop eating it ur system isn't under so much stress and for some reason that can make u drop a few pounds.I guess its the loss of an irritation that makes u lose a few pounds when u stop eati.g something ur allergic to as well..so maybe ull get double lose of any extra pounds u wanna shed...although ur thin lol

I didn't think I ate much dairy because I rarely drink milk or have yogurt or something, but I hadn't thought about the milk in chocolate or the cheese on my pizza, or baked goods. If I could lose some weight on my thighs and a bit of my womans chub (you know that bit just below the belly button, that would be great) but I honestly don't weigh much, between 120 and 125 lbs.

I'm glad though that I can feel better before baby, it will really be a much healthier pregnancy - then once I start feeling better I can move onto morning sickness lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->