Welcome to Trying To Conceive #1

hello everyone i have lots of questions and not sure how to post on here?! But I have been temping this month, checking my cervix, and using OPK.

First question why would my temp go from steady 97.58 to 97.45 for 5 days then go up to 97.90 for only TWO days now is low again 97.33? I thought the high temp would mean that i ovulated. Because i had been having EWCM and my cervix is high. But the OPK is always negative i use morning urine.

Some guidance would be greatly appreciated!!! :help:

Try testing in the afternoon between 2-4/ Somehow it is supposed to make a difference.

Thanks for the response! I can't check then because i'm working till 6ish. But I thought BBT needed to be checked right away before you even get out of bed in the am or is this incorrect?

Hi Mimzy:

Your temps can go up and down until you have a very visible shift in temp for more than 3 days... The day it goes up is when they say you o'd. I suggest bding if you have Ewcm (you're lucky I don't have much). As for opk I would check in the pm just as the other ladies say, that way it has enough time to accumulate.

Hope this helps! Good luck to you :hugs:

Hi Twinkles !

So my hubby is in the military and left the 25th :cry: so hopefully 21-25 when we bd I was fertile!!! He won't be back again till x-mas eve. Today my temp was super low the lowest its been 96.80 and my cervix is almost unreachable and soft. However my CM is very present but more creamy still stretches but not much its slippery but not egg white color more creamy if that makes sense?! I'm sooo confused!? And my OPK i use walgreens brand the color was the same but the line was not as thick as the control line. How do you know for sure when its positive those things are so hard to read!

Now i'm more confused than before. I didn't have a temp rise today and now i had a lot of brown tinged EWMC. I guess instead of AF i might ovulate :wacko:
This is driving me crazy lol

Wow your chart is so crazy this month, showing you should get your period yet you didnt ov... HMMMM Ok a little advice Put the chart away, Bd every other day and let this be the only thing to worry about... You can still continue to take your temp and record it but once your record it put the chart away lol log out hahaha, Cause if not then your just going to sit around investiagateing it like i do mine... this is to much stress on your body Relax :hugs::hugs: What ever the outcome may be , no matter how we look at are chart its not going to change the outcome ether way we look at it lol.

LMAO!!! Thats exactly what i have been doing all day today. Investigating my chart and thinking what might happen :haha: Funny thing is that usually i have constant spotting all day before i get my AF,but this month i had it once yesterday and once today. OK now on i will just record my temp in the morning and then stay away from FF :coffee:
Making a baby is a full day job :baby:

Arr thank you, I reeeeally appreciate your reply wontgiveup. Thats very helpful :) x

hello everyone i have lots of questions and not sure how to post on here?! But I have been temping this month, checking my cervix, and using OPK.

First question why would my temp go from steady 97.58 to 97.45 for 5 days then go up to 97.90 for only TWO days now is low again 97.33? I thought the high temp would mean that i ovulated. Because i had been having EWCM and my cervix is high. But the OPK is always negative i use morning urine.

Try testing in the afternoon between 2-4/ Somehow it is supposed to make a difference.

Thanks for the response! I can't check then because i'm working till 6ish. But I thought BBT needed to be checked right away before you even get out of bed in the am or is this incorrect?

Hi Mimzy:

Your temps can go up and down until you have a very visible shift in temp for more than 3 days... The day it goes up is when they say you o'd. I suggest bding if you have Ewcm (you're lucky I don't have much). As for opk I would check in the pm just as the other ladies say, that way it has enough time to accumulate.

Hi Twinkles !

So my hubby is in the military and left the 25th :cry: so hopefully 21-25 when we bd I was fertile!!! He won't be back again till x-mas eve. Today my temp was super low the lowest its been 96.80 and my cervix is almost unreachable and soft. However my CM is very present but more creamy still stretches but not much its slippery but not egg white color more creamy if that makes sense?! I'm sooo confused!? And my OPK i use walgreens brand the color was the same but the line was not as thick as the control line. How do you know for sure when its positive those things are so hard to read!
Ok OPKS!!! The test line has to be the same color or as dark as The control line
also- Some test The test line may have that outer look like a thin very dark line then the rest of it may be lighter, Consider that positive, you can always post your opks on here will be glad to tell you if its positive or negative still :) Good luck hun

Hi Mimzy:

Hi Twinkles !

Ok OPKS!!! The test line has to be the same color or as dark as The control line
also- Some test The test line may have that outer look like a thin very dark line then the rest of it may be lighter, Consider that positive, you can always post your opks on here will be glad to tell you if its positive or negative still :) Good luck hun

Wontgiveup

Thanks so much! My tests have been showing a thin very dark line then the rest of it lighter, just as you described! I didn't know if that was considered positive or not. Now I'm wondering if my test are flawed though because they have been that way for about a week!!! Some posts say this is because the egg is having probs releasing? Other's say its because your hyperovulating from both ovaries (twins possible). Anyone else have several days of positive OPK's more than 3 days?

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!! HOPE THERE ARE ALOT OF X-MAS BFP! :hug:

lmao that stuff is a butch of rubbish dont listen to that crap lol
Some test just dont have enough dye in them is all and id like to add that once you get a test with a thin half dark line, Check again every 5 hours to see if it gets any thicker :)
And its completly normal to see several days of Positive opks, (Last cycle i had 3 days of them) just means the egg is traveling a little slower down the tubes so iv heard... befor the temp rise and ov is confirmed.. Best of luck to ya Hope this helps

My test line looks "half positive"-- only one side of the line is dark. What does it mean? Most of the time, OPK results are easy to read; the "result" line is one uniform color/darkness. Sometimes, however, you may get a result that looks "half positive," like this:

When this happened to me, I contacted the distributor (in this case, BabyWishes.org)-- I even e-mailed them the above photo. I was told that the darkest part of the "result" line should be compared with the test line, and that this applies to all brands of OPK's.

Found the above info on peeonastick.com
Again this only applies to surrton OPKs
Im posting a example of one below
"result" line on left
"control" line on right

Attachments

• halfpos.jpg
    halfpos.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 22
Hello ladies I have just had my implant out on mon and my periods are
Always irregular. I think my last period was about
End of October. My partner and I are trying for a baby it will be our first.
I have poly cystic ovaries and had an operation
Recently to removed a cyst. Was wondering will
I get pregant before Christmas? First day on here looking
Forward to chatting to you allxx

Same boat been there in your shoes
Yes it can happen
I recomend you order some OPKs Earlypregnancytest.com
And if you realy want to be sure you ovd then you should start temping as well :) FF is a awesome site. Fertilityfriend.com
I order my opks from earlypregnancytest.com because my periods are so irregular I never no when ill receive my positive opk so ill know when to have sex on time, trying not to use lingo not sure if your used to it yet lol
I oreder the opk pack kit, comes with 50 opk strips and 15 free pregnancy test strips for 35$s :)
https://www.fun-kids-stuff.com/basaltemperaturecharting.html great BBT learning site

Wontgiveup

That is EXACTLY how mine look! Thanks for posting. So i guess i have been getting positive OPK's that egg is just taking its sweet time traveling down the tube i guess! haha I did check again this evening when I got home from work and the line was a lot lighter. So actually hoping tomorrow am the line is still faint and my temp is high because then maybe just maybe it will be fertilized from bding on the 25th. I hear sperm can live up to 72 hours.

True Sperm can live up to 5 days But that would have to be some realy realy good swimmers lol
It took my temp 3 days befor i got my rise after my last positive opk

My test line looks "half positive"-- only one side of the line is dark. What does it mean? Most of the time, OPK results are easy to read; the "result" line is one uniform color/darkness. Sometimes, however, you may get a result that looks "half positive," like this:

When this happened to me, I contacted the distributor (in this case, BabyWishes.org)-- I even e-mailed them the above photo. I was told that the darkest part of the "result" line should be compared with the test line, and that this applies to all brands of OPK's.

Found the above info on peeonastick.com
Again this only applies to surrton OPKs
Im posting a example of one below
"result" line on left
"control" line on right

QUESTION- my opk result was the other way ( If you turn the picture around). My control line had 2 dark lines on the sides and lighter in the middle. And result line was the same color like in the middle of the control line. Was mine negative then??
I made a drawing :D
I -result III -control

wow sounds like a falty test with 3 lines on the control line, of coarse i know you dont actualy mean 3 lines but it should be one dark solid color regardless (im talking about the control line) Now the Test line can have what you described as in my Ex pic? Can you post a picture :)

Id like to add it sounds positive
But You might want to switch test if the control line always comes out looking funky cause then it can be hard to compare ya know?

wow sounds like a falty test with 3 lines on the control line, of coarse i know you dont actualy mean 3 lines but it should be one dark solid color regardless (im talking about the control line) Now the Test line can have what you described as in my Ex pic? Can you post a picture :)

Id like to add it sounds positive
But You might want to switch test if the control line always comes out looking funky cause then it can be hard to compare ya know?

I don't have a pic but that's how my opk that i marked as positive on my chart looked like. So after you posted a pic i started wondering if my test was even positive. When i bought the tests, colors were solid but now lately have been weird. Tests shouldn't expire until 2013 spring.

Im not sure if i have posted this or not yet but, your body can produce LH and then fail to ov... This just means youll prob ov latter in your cycle...
If i were you Id turn that Positive To a neg,
First its ovy,, that you did not ovulate
Second its just going to mess up your future coverline when you do infact OV :) Hope this helps try not to stress to much over it HUGS:hugs::hugs:

From looking at your chart again two things are possible
That you ovd around CD25 and You just have LOW post o temps... (note the HSO cervix and fertile cm)
Second it may just draw cross hairs after you take out that OPK
Then again i have no clue if it will or not just a suggestion :)

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...rt-new-start-dec-jan-testers-babydust-60.html
come join :)

Hello Everyone

I'm a bit frustrated my OPK was positive STILL this am, this is now ten days!!! My temp has not had a significant shift for more than 3 days so i don't think i have O'd. I tried to post a link to my chart on here so someone could maybe give me a little input. But, it won't let me something about spam. So i put the link in my signature I hope it works.

Thanks in advance!

Hello Everyone

I'm a bit frustrated my OPK was positive STILL this am, this is now ten days!!! My temp has not had a significant shift for more than 3 days so i don't think i have O'd. I tried to post a link to my chart on here so someone could maybe give me a little input. But, it won't let me something about spam. So i put the link in my signature I hope it works.

Thanks in advance!

Step by step process to add your FF chart
Go to FF
Go to sharing tab on the right side of webpage
Click get code
Copy the Code for forums
Then go to your babyandbump page On the left hand side youll see something that says edit signantures or something like that, From there all you have to do is past the code.. And wala you got it.. Ill help you with your chart from there, i love to take a look and see whats going on.. Id like to add that after your last positive opk it can take 3-4 days for a shift rise, that and 3 high temps have to show befor they will draw crosshairs maybe you just are haveing a slow rise :)

you prob copyed the wrong code theres severl of them, but it def not showing up in your sig yet
Its the one that says Mesage boards hope this helps

wontgiveup

Thanks! I did copy the wrong link. It should be showing up now. :)

Anyone have heartburn from taking Naturemade pre-natal vitamins with DHA

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->