Welcome to Trying To Conceive #1

Hey ladies,
i am completly new to this web site so excuse me if i dont know the abbreviations for everythng yet. Let me start off by saying that i have been off my birthcontrol pill for 6 months now. My husband and i have been trying to concieve foe about 4 months now, and it just does not seem to be happening. i have read that it tskes awhile for your body to ovulate again, but im wondering ho long is it gonna take, the past 2 or three months i have been really moody getting sick and just felt pregnant, are they symptoms of withdrawl from the pill? Im just getting very frustrated any answers would help . :cry:

Hey ladies,
i am completly new to this web site so excuse me if i dont know the abbreviations for everythng yet. Let me start off by saying that i have been off my birthcontrol pill for 6 months now. My husband and i have been trying to concieve foe about 4 months now, and it just does not seem to be happening. i have read that it tskes awhile for your body to ovulate again, but im wondering ho long is it gonna take, the past 2 or three months i have been really moody getting sick and just felt pregnant, are they symptoms of withdrawl from the pill? Im just getting very frustrated any answers would help . :cry:

Disgg Welcome

Have you been getting your period? I got of BCP (birth control pills) in March 2012 and it took me 3 months to even get a period. Now my periods are still irregular but getting better. I hear that it takes some ppl up to a year to get back to normal. Yet, some ppl get preg right after coming off of BCP so everyone is different. I think it might also be a factor of how long you were on BCPs. I was on them for 10 years so I think its going to take a while for me to get back on track. I have had months were i felt those symptoms you were describing too. I think its just our bodies trying to balance out the homorones. Best wishes to you!!

my periods are only off by a day or so. They have always been regular, i was on them for 7 years with almost a year break in there somewhere. My husband smokes and drinks a couple times a week i read that it can contribute to not concieving...? Im a little over weight and hes under weight i heard that has something to do with it also. u read so much online just wondering how much is true . Thanks for the help its hard when theres nobody in ur situation around to talk to :)

Welcome :)
Your period being off a day or to isnt anything to worry about
And if you are wondering if you are oving then you should start temping on Fertilityfriend.com or someweres but thats a great place to start.. And opks work great if your tryin to get pregnant right away.
:dust:
Id like to add i wouldnt worry about the hubby to much, Depending on his age Thats when the smoking and drinks come in to play!! Weight prob isnt much of a isue ether hope this makes you feel a bit better

And if you are wondering if you are oving then you should start temping on Fertilityfriend.com or someweres but thats a great place to start.. And opks work great if your tryin to get pregnant right away.
Id like to add i wouldnt worry about the hubby to much, Depending on his age Thats when the smoking and drinks come in to play!! Weight prob isnt much of a isue ether hope this makes you feel a bit better

wontgiveup

Hi! i'm wondering if you can give me your great input once again! :) I have still been getting positive OPKs so i went and got the CB digital ones and they are showing positive too!! Any thoughts?

wontgiveup

Hi! i'm wondering if you can give me your great input once again! :) I have still been getting positive OPKs so i went and got the CB digital ones and they are showing positive too!! Any thoughts?

lol Wow Thats just crazy but then again You would still be haveing positive opks since how yesterdays was def positive I take it you did turn the others neg on your chart, im sorry i forgot to look. Well Id say Maybe your already pregnant, i know that opks will turn positive when your pregnant

But My opinon is that you are in your Fertile period right now starting as of yesterday or ether the day befor that.. Because the test pics you showed me were def positive :) :happydance: Woohoo so get your BDn on girl :) :sex:
and have a great weekend :thumbup:

OPK FAQ

3. Is it normal to see 2 lines all the time? It is very common. Most women produce LH almost all the time, and the OPK will detect it, giving you a "test" line that is lighter than the control line. About 12-36 hours before ovulation occurs, there will be a surge in LH, and the test line will become as dark as, or darker than, the control line. If, however, your test line is almost always positive or nearly positive, it can be indicative of a hormone imbalance. See this FAQ for details. See also Meg's OPK Odyssey for a day-by-day OPK comparison.

4. What if my OPK is positive for several days in a row? It is possible, in a normal ovulation, to have a positive OPK for several days in a row. This is because LH peaks (surges) about 12-36 hours before ovulation occurs, and then dissipates. So, you could theoretically detect this high level of LH with positive OPK's from the time it begins to the time it dissipates-- over 36 hours.

It is also possible that your body is "gearing up" to ovulate, and you have an LH surge-- and then, for some reason (such as stress, illness, travel, or random fluke), your body fails to release an egg . . . then tries, tries again ASAP with another, or overlapping, surge. If you see a positive OPK for longer than 3 consecutive days, your egg is probably just having a little trouble getting out of the starting gate. If this happens to you occasionally, it's no big deal. If it happens a lot, talk to your doctor. (I just play one on the Internet :p)
7. Can I use an OPK instead of an HPT to detect pregnancy? Check out the OPK-as-HPT section for a detailed answer. The short answer is: an OPK will turn positive if pregnancy hormone is present, but there are many reasons an OPK could be positive. To be sure, you should use an HPT to detect pregnancy and an OPK to detect ovulation. Mixing and matching can get your hopes up.
Check this site out (PAGE) https://www.peeonastick.com/opkhpt.html

Overall answer YES it will turn dark positive If your prego on a OPK

wontgiveup

lol Wow Thats just crazy but then again You would still be haveing positive opks since how yesterdays was def positive I take it you did turn the others neg on your chart, im sorry i forgot to look. Well Id say Maybe your already pregnant, i know that opks will turn positive when your pregnant

But My opinon is that you are in your Fertile period right now starting as of yesterday or ether the day befor that.. Because the test pics you showed me were def positive :) :happydance: Woohoo so get your BDn on girl :) :sex:

wontgiveup

Thanks for your response! Took another OPK today and positive again and like yesterday the test line is darker than the control. I really hope its the rare case that im already pregnant. If its just that Im fertile now we'll miss it again because my DH will not be home till next weekend :( .

wontgiveup

wontgiveup

Thanks for your response! Took another OPK today and positive again and like yesterday the test line is darker than the control. I really hope its the rare case that im already pregnant. If its just that Im fertile now we'll miss it again because my DH will not be home till next weekend :( .

I got one cycle 6 days of + opk's. I don't know what was that about.
Usually if you are pregnant and you get + opk's then HPT would already show bfp too. So take hpt, then you will know what's going on and don't have to wonder :) FX for you :winkwink:

I TOTALY AGREE With icequeen:test:
Im sorry about hubby being away from home that must make ttc realy hard on you, one of these times youll catch him home while your ov :hugs:
What he do?

I recomend a First Responce, and normaly from what i here a opk takes at least 2weeks after ov to get a positive If you are indeed pregnant, But i still think that Those others in the past were neg and the last 3 you have took are positive and your in your fertile period whats your cm like? TMI im sorry

I recomend a First Responce, and normaly from what i here a opk takes at least 2weeks after ov to get a positive If you are indeed pregnant, But i still think that Those others in the past were neg and the last 3 you have took are positive and your in your fertile period whats your cm like? TMI im sorry

It does make ttc VERY hard especially when your cycles are irregular :cry:. I don't want to test yet because I think it will be to soon/right?.. we only :sex: nov 21-25th when he was home. He is in the Military and is in a diff. state right now training. He is coming home next weekend the 7th just for the weekend to come to my holiday work party with me then won't be back again till x-mas eve. My CM is no longer EWCM it was around nov 17th and a lot of it, that's when I got the first positive OPK. Then it got watery, then creamy/lotiony, now still creamy but not a lot of it and its more sticky now. Still having odd cramping more in the middle now. My DH wants me to take a test next weekend when he comes, if I still haven't got my period.

Yeah your right thats too soon to tell, It takes at least 14 days at the least to see a +preg test after conception!
Well thats good glad he gets to come home for a bit :)
You could still be prego tho from when you did do the deed If for some reason you ovd then :) But i think your oving now, I KNOW THAT SUCKS.. Oh im sorry i ment gearing up to o, we shall see what your temps do over the next few days.. :) Ether way you look at it Do what i do cause i have irregular cycles to , say to your self well at least i ovd and got my period!! lol On my thread we have this saying INM-ANM(if not this month then always next month) Well you can switch up and be like INTT-TANT lol (If not this time then always next Time!!) Gives us more time to plan for baby with out the stress of knowing he/she will be here in 9 months! Ya know?
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...rt-new-start-dec-jan-testers-babydust-63.html
Wishing you the best during your TTC journey:dust::hugs:

Yeah your right thats too soon to tell, It takes at least 14 days at the least to see a +preg test after conception!
Well thats good glad he gets to come home for a bit :)
You could still be prego tho from when you did do the deed If for some reason you ovd then :) But i think your oving now, I KNOW THAT SUCKS.. Oh im sorry i ment gearing up to o, we shall see what your temps do over the next few days.. :) Ether way you look at it Do what i do cause i have irregular cycles to , say to your self well at least i ovd and got my period!! lol On my thread we have this saying INM-ANM(if not this month then always next month) Well you can switch up and be like INTT-TANT lol (If not this time then always next Time!!) Gives us more time to plan for baby with out the stress of knowing he/she will be here in 9 months! Ya know?
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...rt-new-start-dec-jan-testers-babydust-63.html
Wishing you the best during your TTC journey:dust::hugs:

I hope I Ovd! The only reason I think Im not Oving now is because of my CM. But, very true INTT-TANT lol i'll jump over to the other thread you posted for Dec-Jan testers! Thanks again and best wishes to you too!!! :hugs:

So far poas OPK style is negative. Still have fingers crossed for my bfp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->