Welcome to Trying To Conceive #1

Hey ladies I was on the forums about 2.5 yrs ago, but don't have remember my username nor email from that time period SO.... a little introduction:

*My husband and I never used protection from the time we started BDing in 01/08 but we did "pull and pray."
*01/10 we moved to NTNP
*09/10 I started trying to figure out when I ovulated yada yada yada. I determined I suffer from extremely irregular cycles and (self diagnosed) PCOS tendencies. I temped and did opks and monitored CM off and on with no luck from then on. I never detected ovulation with any method or achieved a pregnancy.
*My cycle beginning 12/30/12 was uneventful but lasted a remarkable 27 days...(almost textbook perfect....WHAT?!)
*So I waited anxiously for my next cycle, starting 01/25/13. I had a 5 day bleed with no spotting after, unusual for me as I normally have about a week of fade in spotting, 10 days of bleeding, and another 3-6 days of fade out spotting. I hadn't bothered charting or tracking much of anything until I realized this cycle was appearing really textbook perfect. Prompted by some ovulatory discomfort(new to me) on CD 14 I caught a wild hare and decided to do one of my IC OPKs sitting around. And ummm...it was positive! What!? Having never seen evidence of ovulation before this blew me away, especially after my healthy length cycle, perfect model AF, and the CD timing. I ran to walmart to grab a pack of digitals to make sure I wasn't over-interpreting and ....it was negative. Boo. So I took one more IC and it still looked + to me! I woke up in the morning of CD 15, took an IC which was still + and went to work. Around 1PM I took another digital-BOOM! Smiley face, POSITIVE! Two more ICs and a digital that evening (sue me, it's the first positive pee stick situation I've gotten in three years) were all positive! This early afternoon (2ish) an IC and a digital were all negative with the ICs rapidly fading.

Here's my chart and here's to a surprise ovulatory cycle, breaking my three year curse! Cheers and baby dust to us all! https://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q782/Danielle_DeKerlegand/ff3f8785_zpsdf658be3.png

Yay for ovulatory cycle! Good luck!!!

Hi ladies just was looking for some help. I'm CD 37 today usually have 32-33day cycles. Took pregnancy test Friday and it was neg. Still no sign of AF. Not sure when I ovulated we haven't been using OPKs this cycle. Trying to determine if maybe I ovulated later than I thought and so still too early to show up or if maybe something else is going on. Any thoughts or input would be very much appreciated. Good luck to everyone!

Hi ladies just was looking for some help. I'm CD 37 today usually have 32-33day cycles. Took pregnancy test Friday and it was neg. Still no sign of AF. Not sure when I ovulated we haven't been using OPKs this cycle. Trying to determine if maybe I ovulated later than I thought and so still too early to show up or if maybe something else is going on. Any thoughts or input would be very much appreciated. Good luck to everyone!

Well it can be 2 things: you either ovulated later in your cycle or you are pregnant but hcg levels aren't high enough to show on your htp...

Thank you IceQueen86. I appreciate your response. I'm planning to test again tomorrow or the next day and hoping for a BFP. But if its still negative idk what to think if my body is just being weird or what but keeping my fingers crossed and praying we'll get our BFP.

So, I finally got all my blood work back and I have low progesterone, which my Dr. says might result in me not ovulating every month, but I am pretty sure I felt it and hubby and I caught it which is why I am now 2 days late. I was supposed to get my period 2 days ago. I am nervous that if I am pregnant that it won't hold because of my low progesterone. I am calling my Dr. in the morning but I don't know what to think... Any ideas or words of encouragement...?!?!?!

So, I finally got all my blood work back and I have low progesterone, which my Dr. says might result in me not ovulating every month, but I am pretty sure I felt it and hubby and I caught it which is why I am now 2 days late. I was supposed to get my period 2 days ago. I am nervous that if I am pregnant that it won't hold because of my low progesterone. I am calling my Dr. in the morning but I don't know what to think... Any ideas or words of encouragement...?!?!?!

Alli, have you tested?

You should test and if you get your bfp then call your Dr. and let them put you on progesterone ...

Alli, have you tested?

Yes, I did test...BFN. Called my doctor to talk about next steps and the receptionist said that a nurse would call me back. I have still not started my period and don't really have any symptoms of it coming.

You should test and if you get your bfp then call your Dr. and let them put you on progesterone ...

Yes, I did test...BFN. Called my doctor to talk about next steps and the receptionist said that a nurse would call me back. I have still not started my period and don't really have any symptoms of it coming.

Well still no period but took a test this morning and still negative...not sure what to think still thinking positive thoughts hoping maybe still too early to tell.

Well still no period but took a test this morning and still negative...not sure what to think still thinking positive thoughts hoping maybe still too early to tell.

Going through the same thing only I am having problems with low progesterone. Got the blood work yesterday and waiting to hear from my gyno today... I am so nervous about what they could have to do...

Turns out I didn't even have to test. AF came. =( guess I'm getting a little to anxious reach time.

Do you temp? Maybe you just ovulated later this cycle and that's why your af is late...

Maybe you ovulated later in your cycle too ... just have to wait and see now, unfortunately .. How many days are you late?

Do you temp? Maybe you just ovulated later this cycle and that's why your af is late...

I don't temp.

Little bit of history

Stopped taking Loestrin 24 in June 2012 and had regular periods every 28 to 29 days. I have since been keeping very careful track of my periods and use an ovulation app.

Dec 16th 2-3 day period
Dec 26th spotting
Jan 13 1 day period
Jan 16 had gyno appointment and Day 3 Testing FSH 9.1 Estradiol 41.2 all normal and Husbands Semen Analysis the same week was totally normal
Jan 23 Progesterone level is low at 1.1 so my doctor says I may not ovulating every month. Pretty sure I had ovulation pain though the 24th, 25th, and possibly the 26th in my right ovary.
Took pregnancy test this morning and was a BFN

Per the 28 to 29 day normal cycle I should have started bleeding the 9th or 1oth. which was yesterday and the day before.

I am very anxious and nervous as if I am pregnant due to my low progesterone I won't remain pregnant

Could most certainly still be too early to test. Don't count yourself out yet!!! Good luck and :dust:

So I just talked to my Dr. on the phone as a result of my low progesterone and she put me on Clomid. I was supposed to start bleeding the 9th or 10th of this month. She instructed me to wait til/if I bleed for this cycle and start the Clomid on day 5 of my cycle. Will I ovulate at the same time, earlier or later when on the Clomid and starting it on day 5?

AlliCat...thatnks for the positive thoughts. I'm not sure how the clomid works with regards to ovulation. Sorry no help. Also started spotting last night after being 5-6days late...oh well. DH and I plan to try using SMEP this cycle so I hope we have better luck with it! Has anyone else tried SMEP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->