Welcome to Trying To Conceive #1

Hi ladies after making the decision to start a family, I thought I would join here.
Its exciting but soo confusing. can anyone help, I have been using opk for two months and have still yet to see a positive is this normal?

Hi ladies after making the decision to start a family, I thought I would join here.
Its exciting but soo confusing. can anyone help, I have been using opk for two months and have still yet to see a positive is this normal?

Welcome and how exciting to be starting a family!!

Opk's can be tricky. I've never used them but from what I hear most women do two per day around the time they suspect ovulation and recommend late morning And mid afternoon for testing times. If you're having trouble getting a positive change what time of day you test. Also look for signs of ovulation to predict when in your cycle to start testing. Watching for fertile cervical fluid and a bbt temperature rise are great signs.

Www.fertilityfriend.com is a wonderful site for charting your cycles (free) and lots of information :)

Good luck!!

:dust:

Hello,
I am trying to conceive after being on birth control for 2 years. The first day of my last period was may 17th and it ended on the 20th. I also finished my pack of sprintec on may 19th. My period came normally but now today (june 2nd) I have started withdraw bleeding and have been very grumpy the past week. The ovulation calendar was just confusing to me since I don't know if I should go by my last period or today's date when I started withdraw bleeding. My doctor told me just to have sex every other day but I just want to know when is it the best time and chance to get pregnant after the withdraw bleeding stops. I know it hasn't been long but I'm already stressing about it.

Welcome! When are you testing with them? And maybe you should test twice a day. Are you seeing a second line at all and if so, you're just saying it's never been dark or darker than the control line? I've had great luck with OPK's but it's always good to check other factors to to confirm. Temping and checking cervical mucus is the best way to confirm this along with opk's. I wish they were cheaper but i personally like the Clear Blue digi's that show a smiley face if you are about to O. I could do those two lines ones all day and convince myself they are all positive if i stare long enough. Good luck sweetie!

Hello,
I am trying to conceive after being on birth control for 2 years. The first day of my last period was may 17th and it ended on the 20th. I also finished my pack of sprintec on may 19th. My period came normally but now today (june 2nd) I have started withdraw bleeding and have been very grumpy the past week. The ovulation calendar was just confusing to me since I don't know if I should go by my last period or today's date when I started withdraw bleeding. My doctor told me just to have sex every other day but I just want to know when is it the best time and chance to get pregnant after the withdraw bleeding stops. I know it hasn't been long but I'm already stressing about it.

Welcome kendra! :dust: You've come to the right place for answers. I hope someone knows for you because I'm not really sure.

hi ladies..
i am so confused please help..
i am ttc. i was on clomid for 5 days from 2nd day of my period. then i have been given hcg trigger for ovulation on 29th may, and on scanning whcih was done on 31st may it was confirmed that ovulation has occured. now, ssince then i am having a lot of lower back pain, neck pain, gas. i had a very light colour spotting on 3-4 dpo, after that very very small amount of dry dark brown dicharge, it was looking like dry old blood. can anyone tell me whats going on. whats this? is it possible to get implantaion so early if not what this could be? one more thing i am given dydrogestrone tablets. my gyn said if i will concieve it will help the baby to implant and hold the pregnancy. can pregestrone tablets causes such symptoms?
please help, thanks in advance.

I'm sorry you're having confusing symptoms. I don't know about any of those issues. Hopefully it's nothing and a sticky little bean is happy in there....

Sorry to intrude I just wish the Almighty would be on my side this month and let me have my BFP and a H&H pregnancy and baby. Thanks :)

You're not intruding at all! Sorry it's taking so long... Have you had any testing yet?

No not yet. I am having a laparoscopy done Friday for pelvic pain (to find out why I have it all the time). I am hoping that it will give me answers to why I have never been pregnant. I tried the not stress it thing because when the first time I ever dtd I wasn't thinking about pregnancy and wasn't trying. So I guess something has to be physically wrong :cry:

VP1228

Chronic pelvic pain is often either PCOS or PID (poly cystic ovarian syndrome and pelvic inflammatory disease) if its fertility related. Hopefully they find out what's up and have some great solutions for you!

Good luck...

VP1228

Chronic pelvic pain is often either PCOS or PID (poly cystic ovarian syndrome and pelvic inflammatory disease) if its fertility related. Hopefully they find out what's up and have some great solutions for you!

Good luck...

I've been keeping my eye open for this forum to open. I too am ttc'ing my first and thought the idea to have this for first timers was a great idea! I'm excited!

Hi this is my first try at any sort of forum so not sure if right place etc!:wacko:
Im 42 in September, married last year and desperate for a baby. My FSH is 10.3, had hystiosalpingogram a year ago, all ok. Periods usually regular but getting intermittent bleeding due to stress. Any suggestions about vitamins, anything at all. Am in Saudi so quite isolated! Thank you

Welcome Denise! B complex vitamins are great for fertility and readily available (here anyway).... They help to regulate hormones, produce more and better quality cervical fluid amoung other things!

Good luck :)

Hi Denise, I found this earlier tonight, I came off of bcp in feb but no luck ttc yet, I'm going to try some of these and see how we go :)

When it's time to conceive, it is the time to look toward the vitamin needs of your body. Look to see which 8 vitamins should be added to your diet, either from natural sources or fertility vitamin supplementation, to help you get pregnant fast.
Women and men looking forward to conceive need to take into account vitamin supplements. Not only are they a prerequisite to a healthy female reproductive system, they are also very useful in enhancing fertility too. Knowing precisely which vitamins positively affect male and female fertility is crucial with regard to achieving the goal of conceiving and carrying the pregnancy to term. Claim Your 20 Free Pregnancy Tests – Click Here

Vitamin E
Vitamin E is the vitamin of choice for the overall male and female reproductive system. For women, the fertility-friendly vitamin E improves the quality of cervical mucus, thus enhancing the chances of implantation of the fertilized eggs. And moreover, it prolongs the sperm’s life within the female a couple more days, so as to increase the chances for the egg to be fertilized. For men, a daily intake of vitamin E is recommended in order to enhance sperm motility. Natural sources of vitamin E are green vegetables, such as spinach and broccoli, wheat germ oil, nuts and almonds, olive and sunflower oil.

Vitamin C
This excellent antioxidant also aids in both male and female fertility, given the key part it plays in conception. For men, it counteracts the damaging effects of free radicals on the quality of the sperm and increasing their motility. For women, vitamin C sustains an appropriate female endocrine equilibrium and increases fertility in particular in the case of women having low progesterone levels. It also reinforces the right balance between estrogen and progesterone levels. Clinical trials on women have proven that the chances of getting pregnant doubled following the vitamin C treatment. Vitamin C can be found in natural food sources like oranges, lemons, limes, broccoli, cranberries, and tomatoes.

Folic Acid
Folic acid is an essential vitamin both during pre-conception and pregnancy, as it can prevent spina-bifida in your baby, and other birth defects associated with the brain and spine development in the baby. In addition, this vitamin promotes sustainable fertility in women and prepares their bodies for pregnancy. Supplementation with this vitamin is very beneficial, since only 50% of the folic acid found in the ingested food can be properly absorbed by the human body. Natural sources include spinach, broccoli, beet, and asparagus. Supplementation doses are 400 mcg per day.

Vitamin B6
Vitamin B6 offers additional support in terms of increased fertility because it balances out the hormone levels. Vitamin B6 focuses mainly on correcting low progesterone levels of women affected by luteal phase defect, in which their luteal phases are not long enough to sustain a successful pregnancy. A normal progesterone level is essential to keep up the pregnancy otherwise it could lead to a miscarriage. Vitamin B6 can be found naturally in most vegetables, whole cereals and bananas. Supplementation doses suggest 50mg a day.

Vitamin B12
A key vitamin for improved fertility, Vitamin B12 enhances the occurrence of ovulation, being particularly helpful to women not ovulating at all, making it harder to try to conceive. Vitamin B12 also improves the inner lining of the uterus, thus creating a favorable environment for the implantation of the fertilized eggs. A B-complex vitamin can be added to your daily intake, to bring sufficient amounts of both Vitamins B6 and B12.

Vitamin D
Vitamin D is essential to both male and female fertility. It stimulates the levels of estrogen and progesterone, regulates menstruation and improves the viability of sperm, therefore enhancing a successful outcome. In addition, Vitamin D is an essential vitamin during pregnancy with studies showing its use vastly decreasing the risk of preterm labor as well as the risk of other pregnancy complications.

Omega-3 & Omega-6 fatty acids
Fatty acids like Omega-3 and Omega-6 are very helpful in female fertility and during pregnancy. Having a sufficient level of fatty acids in your system is may prevent miscarriage and premature delivery. Natural sources of these fatty acids most commonly include flaxseeds, fish oil, olive oil, sunflower oil, seeds and nuts, and avocado.

Fertility boosting minerals
Other supplements extremely helpful to women and men keen on becoming parents include a handful of fertility-boosting minerals like zinc, selenium and iron which ensure the normal balance of estrogen and progesterone levels. The proper vitamin supplementation is important for any couple trying to overcome difficulties related to their fertility and is as easy as adjusting your diet and looking into adding a vitamin supplement to your daily regime.

I've been keeping my eye open for this forum to open. I too am ttc'ing my first and thought the idea to have this for first timers was a great idea! I'm excited!

Hi this is my first try at any sort of forum so not sure if right place etc!:wacko:
Im 42 in September, married last year and desperate for a baby. My FSH is 10.3, had hystiosalpingogram a year ago, all ok. Periods usually regular but getting intermittent bleeding due to stress. Any suggestions about vitamins, anything at all. Am in Saudi so quite isolated! Thank you

Welcome! Good luck to you! Not sure about the FSH levels, not even sure what's normal but that's good your HSG was all good. I saw a post below me talking all about the vitamins so try to start there. also get on a good prenatal vitamin now. It will help you get most of these vitamins. I'm currently just on high dose folic acid and prenatal. :dust:

Hey everyone! I am new to the thread as of today. I am 29 and my DH is 31 and we have decided to really start TTC. I just finished college last Friday and we are beyond excited for this next step in life. We have been "not trying/not protecting" for the last 4 years. I have only 1 tube due to a previous tubal pregnancy when I was 19 and I have had issues with endometriosis and PCOS. My periods are sooo irregular and I am considering taking OTC fertility drugs (herbal). Here's hoping to finally seeing a positive sign on a pregnancy test. Any advice on pills would be greatly appreciated!
::dust::

Hey everyone! I am new to the thread as of today. I am 29 and my DH is 31 and we have decided to really start TTC. I just finished college last Friday and we are beyond excited for this next step in life. We have been "not trying/not protecting" for the last 4 years. I have only 1 tube due to a previous tubal pregnancy when I was 19 and I have had issues with endometriosis and PCOS. My periods are sooo irregular and I am considering taking OTC fertility drugs (herbal). Here's hoping to finally seeing a positive sign on a pregnancy test. Any advice on pills would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome and good luck to you sweetie!!! There's SO much out there in terms of pills but a lot of good choices but everyone's different and what works for one doesn't always work for the other. Here's my list of trials in the past. I'm currently only on a prenatal vitamin and high dose folic acid. Good luck!!!

Geritol
FertilAid
FertilCM
FertiliTea
Pre-Seed
Grapefruit juice
Mucinex
Clomid
Progesterone
Baby Aspirin

Welcome! I'm on high folic acid prenatals (but the vitamins are split between to pills for better absorption). Prescription only I think.....

I'm also on B complex vitamins.....

I would suggest googling what's helpful to your particular issues (endo & pcos) as my problem is a short luteal phase.....

Good luck! :dust:

I have been doing a lot of research and keep coming across Vitex. It seems to have good reviews and is affordable (and natural). I have read it helps regulate AF and that is one of my biggest issues. Thanks for all of your input!

Hi I'm kind of new on here, and feeling a lil nervous. I came off birth controll end of march right around when I was ovulating but missed it that time. I haven't had a period since midd april and began to get small aches in my overies left one day right the next then the centre of my belly the following day. I've been crying loads and more clumsy than normal. I took a test and both lines came up but one was very faint so I decided to do it again the following morning which both came up again only the one line was even fainter. Its been a few days now so I done one this morning and it came back negative. Its really hard for me to work out my dates correctly as I was on the inplant for 9 years before we began trying in march. I'm just really confused.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->