Welcome to Trying To Conceive #1

Hi there. I just read your post, and this is my first time on this site. I have been testing daily and I never get a LH surge either. I have been doing it for 2 months. I am totally stressing out at the thought that at 35, I may have missed my window. I really want to be a mother more than anything. I just thought I would share. How is it going for you?

Hey bulldoggrl

Welcome to the site!!!

I used OPK tests that didn't appear to show anything until this month I got one positive. I read that the surge may only be visible on OPK for a few hours. Also depends on fluid intake and when you pee too!

How long have you been ttc?

The reason I ask is that the docs can test with a blood test if you have had the hormone surge that month for you. However depending in how long you have been ttc depends on if they will do the test.
X

Congratulations Shelbs21!!! So happy and excited for you! :hugs: Shelbs21 how long were you TTC? What did you do differently this cycle...you know I have a million questions. You are giving us hope, thank you!!!

I agree with LoveMyCowboy!!! Whats the secret Shelbs21? Did you use any herbal supplements? Definitely given us all hope that 2014 is our year and congratulations on your news!!

I can't wait!! My Fertilaid is supposed to be here any day now! Ready to get started! Now that my town has cleared the roads aft3r our mini snow storm in indiana I am going to walmart to get preseed and a shit yon of opks!!!!!

This is my 3rd cycle ttc now but think I've been off in the past due to work commitments. But basically my boyfriend & I had sex on CDs 11 & 12 before he went away to see family, my cycles last approx 28 days and I've had slight ov pain yesterday and today is CD15 (usually my ov day) What are my realistic chances of conceiving this month? I'm fed up of overthinking it but would love to know some real life experiences from others who've had their bfp's from dtd on these days! Thanks in advance!

Hey everyone, I'm New to this so sorry for any confusions. Well I'm 24 and have been trying to conceive for 3 months with my hubby. Yesterday I just bought prenatal vitamins (spring valley brand) from other moms telling me it can help my chances. My cycle length is 26. Seems to be no health conditions that could impact my hubby or mines fertility. I was wondering what you guys think should be my next step? :dust:

Hey girls! I'm new on here and never posted on a forum before! I'm just starting to ttc, I was pregnant last Year but turned out to be ectopic and lost my left tune! I seem to get pregnant quite easy as wasn't trying but have been desperate since! Don't know weather it's the loss .. Any way I'm quite a worrier and I'm just starting this month! Any advice???? X

i am so excited to be here. DH n I r ttc now n i need all the support i can get so i am so glad to have dis group. just started out on prenatal vitamins.:happydance:

Hi there. I just read your post, and this is my first time on this site. I have been testing daily and I never get a LH surge either. I have been doing it for 2 months. I am totally stressing out at the thought that at 35, I may have missed my window. I really want to be a mother more than anything. I just thought I would share. How is it going for you?

Welcome newbies!!! :dust: :dust: :dust:

Hey everyone, I'm New to this so sorry for any confusions. Well I'm 24 and have been trying to conceive for 3 months with my hubby. Yesterday I just bought prenatal vitamins (spring valley brand) from other moms telling me it can help my chances. My cycle length is 26. Seems to be no health conditions that could impact my hubby or mines fertility. I was wondering what you guys think should be my next step? :dust:

Prenatals are a great first step. They will help get your body ready for making that baby! And since you've only been trying for 3 months, the doc's won't probably even look into doing anything for you until 6 months to a year unfortunately unless they find a problem. If your cycles are regular and you are young and healthy like you are, you just have to wait it out and hope for your BFP in between time. Best of luck hun! There's lots of natural fertility stuff out there you could check out to help boost your chances.

Hey girls! I'm new on here and never posted on a forum before! I'm just starting to ttc, I was pregnant last Year but turned out to be ectopic and lost my left tune! I seem to get pregnant quite easy as wasn't trying but have been desperate since! Don't know weather it's the loss .. Any way I'm quite a worrier and I'm just starting this month! Any advice???? X

hey girl, good luck on this journey. it can be a long, hard one. so sorry to hear about the ectopic last year. that really stinks. Just hang in there and do other things to help distract you from ttc. :hugs:

i am so excited to be here. DH n I r ttc now n i need all the support i can get so i am so glad to have dis group. just started out on prenatal vitamins.:happydance:

woohoo, welcome to this crazy journey with us! You're in the right place. Perfect start with prenatals. :hugs:

Well it's coming ever closer to first IVF appointment and we are both petrified!! We've been trying now for 4 years (in november) so this is a massive mile stone for us both. I reckon tho this will be the year for us all, the last couple of years have been rubbish for us all here but this is our year!! Good luck ladies and gents it'll be our year!!

:dust:

I totally agree with you Cuddles, it's finally our time and 2014 is our year!!! It just has to be! So sorry it is taking you so long but so excited for you for your IVF coming up! :dust:

I finally got my BFP!! It's weird I don't think it has sunk it quite yet. I couldn't be happier though!! Good luck and baby dust to you all!!

Wow, really???!!! Congrats!!! Your status says "doubtful"...does that mean you're not sure it will stick? Congrats again sweetie. i hope your luck rubs off onto me!

Just when I thought OPK's would make life a little easier! I bought clear blue ovulation digital tests (not advanced as those never ending smiley's drove me crazy last cycle:hissy:) Life was good this month, relaxing, just using my OPK's...CD 14 first ever +OPK! Life was great, we had been BD'ing every other day and then every day 3 days after the +OPK. I thought maybe I finally had figured out my cycles...all the while thinking well maybe I didn't know when I ovulated (absolutely no ovulation symptoms during this positive OPK and I thought I ovulated around CD21 with my longer 32-40 day cycles). Anyways...I started feeling my distinctive signs of ovulation...around CD20; EWCM, cervical position high and soft, increased sex drive, etc. So I decided to pee on a clear blue digital ovulation test...just to see. SURE ENOUGH; POSITIVE OPK AGAIN on CD20! :?:#-o . SO now I am just as confused as ever and rather annoyed. I was sure to BD the day of +OPK (01/04/14), the day after, and will BD again today as I am still having classic abundance of EWCM. Maybe i had an early LH surge but didn't ovulate and now this is true ovulation? My uterus has been sore as it always is around ovulation, I have been drinking green tea, no caffeine, using preseed every time we BD...only time will tell. I am planning on testing 01/16/14 before we go on a trip to watch my cowboy compete in the international finals rodeo in OKC! Here's to BFP's in 2014! Thanks for the support! :dust:

Sorry for a whacky cycle and good luck honey with your test next week! I will be testing one day before you so :dust: to us both!!! ;-) :hugs:

best of luck to you sweetie. keep hope alive! i'm 34 and i'm NOWHERE near thinking my window is gone or missed. have you been to doc to see if you have PCOS or anything or do you have good and regular cylces, etc.? we need all that info from you before we can help you out properly here. :)

I can't wait!! My Fertilaid is supposed to be here any day now! Ready to get started! Now that my town has cleared the roads aft3r our mini snow storm in indiana I am going to walmart to get preseed and a shit yon of opks!!!!!

I used Fertilaid for one month and would have continued until the doc says i'm not allowed to take them while taking fertility meds so i stopped. Good luck to you on that! How exciting!

And um, this was no MINI snow storm, it was HUGE! we got like 14+ inches! :) It was so pretty. I just went back to work today for the first time since Friday. It was so nice having those extra days.

This is my 3rd cycle ttc now but think I've been off in the past due to work commitments. But basically my boyfriend & I had sex on CDs 11 & 12 before he went away to see family, my cycles last approx 28 days and I've had slight ov pain yesterday and today is CD15 (usually my ov day) What are my realistic chances of conceiving this month? I'm fed up of overthinking it but would love to know some real life experiences from others who've had their bfp's from dtd on these days! Thanks in advance!

your timing is perfect. the BEST time for conception is 4 days before O, the day of O and the day after, those are all considered fertile days. Good luck!!! :dust:

Hey everyone,
I've been TTC #1 since my husband and I got married May 2013. I was on BCP for YEARS (10-12yrs) before coming off it for the first time in June 2013. My periods have been extremely irregular (cycles have been 31, 56, 40, 47, & 38 days long June till now).. and when my period FINALLY comes.. it's two days of light flow and maybe 2-3 days of spotting-- pretty much no blood. So I'm going to see a reproductive endocrinologist next friday and am hoping for answers.. My one finding is that i JUST started doing my basal temp at 0830 in the morning and am only 96.8 degrees or less! .. I've read this may be related to hypothyroidism ? I'm hoping it's the case so it's a definite answer and can be fixed! I never anticipated TTC to be this hard :shrug:

Shout out to ttcbabyisom! Thank you for being so supportive to all of us and taking the time to reply to our posts and make us feel welcome to the forum. We all need support and you go the extra mile. Just wanted to let you know that I appreciate it! Good luck to you and of course, lots of :dust:

Shout out to ttcbabyisom! Thank you for being so supportive to all of us and taking the time to reply to our posts and make us feel welcome to the forum. We all need support and you go the extra mile. Just wanted to let you know that I appreciate it! Good luck to you and of course, lots of :dust:

I second those sentiments whole heartedly!!!!:flower:

I second those sentiments whole heartedly!!!!:flower:

YES!!

Hi everyone,

Thought I'd introduce myself my name is Amy and I've been TTC since April last year & managed to fall pregnant on our holiday in July but ended up as a chemical pregnancy my body took a month to realise so it was an emotional roller coaster as doc didn't know what was going on as my hcg levels where going up slowly but still nothing was showing on an ultrasound then my last appointment my hcg levels had dropped by 30 so I knew I was out :( after that I decided to go back on the injection as I wasn't sure if I could go through that again and thought I'd try lose some weight 3 months later I've only list 6kgs and regret going on the injection as I'd really like to try for a baby! So the injection wears off this month...boy am I counting down the days! =D only went on it once this time so hopefully my cycles return to normal straight away. My cycles returned after I had come off it after 5 yrs being on it. So hopefully luck is on my side :) I'm in two minds at the moment as I would have liked to have lost weight before trying but I've struggled with my weight for years and I even workout and watch what I eat my doctor says I'm rather healthy for a plus size lady :) I've had every test possible and I'm perfectly healthy so I've decided not to wait till I've lost weight as that day may never happen and if the doc says I'm healthy then surely I should be ok during pregnancy hopefully. Anyone else just come off the depo?

Hey everyone,
I've been TTC #1 since my husband and I got married May 2013. I was on BCP for YEARS (10-12yrs) before coming off it for the first time in June 2013. My periods have been extremely irregular (cycles have been 31, 56, 40, 47, & 38 days long June till now).. and when my period FINALLY comes.. it's two days of light flow and maybe 2-3 days of spotting-- pretty much no blood. So I'm going to see a reproductive endocrinologist next friday and am hoping for answers.. My one finding is that i JUST started doing my basal temp at 0830 in the morning and am only 96.8 degrees or less! .. I've read this may be related to hypothyroidism ? I'm hoping it's the case so it's a definite answer and can be fixed! I never anticipated TTC to be this hard :shrug:

Welcome Ldemell! You have come to the right place for comfort. :hugs:
I'm sorry it's taking so long for you guys but i'm really glad you have an RE appointment on the books! This will hopefully give you the answers you need! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->