Welcome to Trying To Conceive #1

Peaches- how long have u bn on depo, and if u dont mind me askn this pain ur feeling can u describe it...im havn a sharp pain that comes and goes on right side only...idk what it is. Ive bn off depo for jus 3m now

This time I was only on it for one shot so 3 months previously I've been on it for 5 years. The pain I get is either on my right side of belly or the left it changes side it's due to ovulation as I use to suffer it quite bad to the point I couldn't move and doctors told me to note down every time it happened as they thought it could be kidney stones or gore stones etc but they said it doesn't normally happen to young people, I was about 19 back then I'm now 26 going on 27 but after I noted it down they said its ovulation pain and was checked for cyst on my ovaries etc and came back clear as the years have gone by it's not to painful just uncomfortable. I'd say the pain is at level with you belly button but occurs either on the right or left at times that's how I know I'm ovulating and I find I have more cervical mucus around that time too. And to confirm if I'm right I take a test and it usually comes back positive :) I didn't know all this was related to ovulation when I was younger didn't even know you ovulated thought you could have intercourse anytime of the month and fall pregnant lol if only that was the case would make life easier =D

Hi everyone! It's my first time here.. Got depressed and sad every month.. but i thank God for sustaining me. Want to hear your stories...

Hello ...I have been away for a bit work has just been crazy...and I still need to catch up on everyone's news but I also have some of my own news to share got my BFP on Sunday night and confirmed with blood tests this morning :)

Do not lose hope ladies :dust: to all!!!

Hi everyone! It's my first time here.. Got depressed and sad every month.. but i thank God for sustaining me. Want to hear your stories...

Hello Shielajoy! I am a newbie as well! I can relate to the feeling of being down and out each month that I find that I am not pregnant. I am on month 7 and am expecting AF this Friday. I just purchased a Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor. I have read excellent reviews on it. I have faith that God is going to bless us with a little bundle of joy... It's just the waiting part that I am trying to do gracefully. How long have you been TTC?

Hi all!

I am new to TTC and have some questions about opks and ovulation.

I got a positive opk on cd 17 (irregular cycles) and a negative the morning before and the morning after. I also had O symptoms cd 17 and a few on cd 18 as well. Egg white cervical mucus (a lot) and mild cramping.

I read that ovulation happens 12-36 hours after a positive opk and that if you don't have sex the day before a positive opk your chances are greatly smaller, I also read a lot of stories of women getting pregnant by only having sex the day (1 day) of positive opk.

I guess to sum it up I'm looking for personal stories. We only had sex cd 13, 17 and 18. If I did in fact ovulate the day of positive opk, cd 17, are my chances high? Did having sex cd 18 increase my chances?

Any info is greatly appreciated!

Hello ...I have been away for a bit work has just been crazy...and I still need to catch up on everyone's news but I also have some of my own news to share got my BFP on Sunday night and confirmed with blood tests this morning :)

Do not lose hope ladies :dust: to all!!!

Wow congrats =D you must be over the moon :)

CONGRATULATIONS ckm!!!!! I am soooo excited and happy for you!! You give us hope! That was just the news I logged on to see...I needed that! Enjoy every second of it! :thumbup: Thank you for this! Best wishes for you and a happy and healthy baby! By the way...anything you did different, suggestions, etc...PLEASE POST!! :D :winkwink:

Thank you for replying peaches. It's so true, I need to relax! I am so type A it's a little ridiculous. I am not even going to chart this month...just going with my body and staying busy with everything but TTC. Thank you! Good luck to you!

Thank you for replying peaches. It's so true, I need to relax! I am so type A it's a little ridiculous. I am not even going to chart this month...just going with my body and staying busy with everything but TTC. Thank you! Good luck to you!

Your welcome :) glad to see your going to relax :) it worked for me I was so stressed about charting looking for every sign taking this and that & one day I was like I'm sick of this and gave it all up and just started enjoying day to day and wasn't worrying about it if it's going to happen it will happen & it did it just didn't work out. But the theory worked for me so I hope it works for you, best of luck :) Xx

I'm currently in the tww period. It's been brutal waiting for that BFP. I am now 10 dpo, and have been having some symptoms. Fingers crossed that this is my month.

It's nice being able to talk to other women in similar situations. This whole process is so new to me. I'm excited and anxious all at the same time. Do you know of any natural, herbal supplements I can take to increase my chances? I currently take prenatal vitamins and maca root pills. I do maca root 1 month on, 1 week off. I also exercise 4-5 days a week, eat extremely healthy, and try not to stress too much. My main frustration is that I don't produce much EWCM. Could that be an issue in fertility?

My hubby and I have been TTC for the past 6 months...and hardcore for the past 2. I started taking prenatal vitamins about 3 months ago and I started doing OPK test strips for about 5 days ago. I just received a positive OPK, so I should start ovulating soon. Fingers crossed that I am/get pregnant soon. I am wondering if there are any women on here who is TTC for the first time over the age of 35. I'm trying really hard to not let statistics bum me out. I'm healthy and fit; but I have had issues with my estrogen levels in the past and possible issues from endometriosis. I took an AMH test 3 months ago and my egg supply is satisfactory for my age, so the doctors think i should be okay to conceive. However, if I don't get pregnant within the next 3 months, I must return for more tests. I would love to chit chat with others in a similar situation.

Welcome Tye, you've come to the right place honey. We are a great place for support through this journey. It sounds like you're doing everything right! Don't worry about your age until the doc says to be worried. Everything sounds good. There shouldn't be any reason you can't conceive soon. I just turned 34 in November so i'm feeling the pressure too but trying not to focus on it. I have hope that 2014 is all of our year's!!! :dust:

Yes, this is all very exciting and can produce much anxiety too but keep up your healthy eating and exercise. Those are huge while trying to conceive. You are doing pretty much everything right! I've never tried the maca root before. Good luck with it! Here's my list:

Grapefruit juice – it’s good for something, I just don't remember what
FertiliTea – taken during my BFP cycle from beginning of cycle up until O
Guaifenesin – taken several days leading up to O and then stop once O is confirmed – helps with cervical mucus, especially if on clomid as that med tends to dry you up
FertileCM – a pill that helps create fertile cervical mucus; taken during my BFP cycle up until O
FertilAid – helps with fertility; not supposed to take it while taking fertility meds so only took this one day

Standard in every cycle now
Prenatal
Folic acid
Baby aspirin

This current cycle, i've also tried a new thing - Royal Jelly & Pollen in Honey. It's so gross but my friend swears this was what got her preggers so i'm trying it. I'm desperate at this point. He, he...

Also, you don't HAVE to produce EWCM, as long as you're getting some of the watery stuff, that could work too. If not producing that, try the stuff i listed above. maybe just the cough medicine stuff - guaifenesin. It really works!

:dust: :dust: :dust:

GL with the royal jelly and pollen. Positive vibes going your way

CONGRATULATIONS ckm!!!!! I am soooo excited and happy for you!! You give us hope! That was just the news I logged on to see...I needed that! Enjoy every second of it! :thumbup: Thank you for this! Best wishes for you and a happy and healthy baby! By the way...anything you did different, suggestions, etc...PLEASE POST!! :D :winkwink:

LoveMyCowboy the only thing I did differently was to relax. Your body needs to rest and I tried to stop stressing about it so much. Now I'm just trying to not think about getting past 9 weeks which was when I lost my first baby and 12 weeks which is when we found out and taking each day as it comes.

This is going to be the year of BFP's!!!

I am new to this forum and we started TTC since a month. Could someone please help with the acronyms used on this group chat?

Hi all!

I am new to TTC and have some questions about opks and ovulation.

I got a positive opk on cd 17 (irregular cycles) and a negative the morning before and the morning after. I also had O symptoms cd 17 and a few on cd 18 as well. Egg white cervical mucus (a lot) and mild cramping.

I read that ovulation happens 12-36 hours after a positive opk and that if you don't have sex the day before a positive opk your chances are greatly smaller, I also read a lot of stories of women getting pregnant by only having sex the day (1 day) of positive opk.

I guess to sum it up I'm looking for personal stories. We only had sex cd 13, 17 and 18. If I did in fact ovulate the day of positive opk, cd 17, are my chances high? Did having sex cd 18 increase my chances?

Any info is greatly appreciated!

Hey Alexiskay1120 - so it is normal for people to only get one positive OPK, this is because it picks up the LH surge that can last only for a few hours. It is recommended that you bd before ovulation as the swimmers can survive anywhere up to a max if 5/7 days or so I've read. Now that said it's better to have fresh swimmers in there all the time. So 2 things firstly your OH needs to replenish his stocks a couple of day before you start ttc each month (usually after a week of no bding the swimmers need replenishing). Then I would say every other day in your fertile window for at least a week (you can still conceive in the swimmers are in there and the egg is viable). You never know what exact moment you will ovulate as the OPK only shows the surge before the ovulation.

I hope that helps?? Xxx

Thanks Phoenix82. It'll be nice to have others to share the journey with! I'm currently on cd 3 but am worried about a short luteal phase. Anyone else had experience of this? xx

No worries hun, shout if you need anything xx

So I need some guidance. I've been having symptoms since 7 dpo and i am currently 12 dpo. Nausea, dizziness, cramping, fatgue, metallic taste in mouth and strong sense of smell. I also started having vivid dreams and waking up every morning at 6 am (no matter what time I go to bed at night) since 10 dpo. I was also super emotional at 10 dpo and basically cried throughout the day. Yesterday at 11 dpo, I noticed spotting. I thought, oh no I must be starting AF. But I am extremely regular with my cycle and I am not suppose to start for another 3 days, 2 at the earliest. I've tested bfn at both 9 dpo and 11 dpo. I'm still having all my symptoms but now have this spotting. This morning at 6 am I went to the bathroom and I am still slightly spotting but much much lighter than yesterday. Normally when AF comes, I start spotting and then it flows super heavy after that first day. I've also noticed more intense cramps on the right side of my pelvis over the past 2 days. I was really positive I was pregnant, but now I'm not sure. Any body else have similar experiences? If so, what was your outcome?

Yup Tye78 if experienced most of those symptoms when I had implantation bleeding it lasted a week for me and it was a little more then a bit of spotting I seriously thought it was my period just not as heavy as usual and thought I was out that month but decided to do a test spare of the moment thing and it came back positive! So I think wait a few days and test could be preggers :)

So I've been relaxing about TTC but now that I know I've been ovulating I'm getting rather impatient and just want to know if I was lucky enough to conceive! The two week wait is the worse part! It's killing me! Lol

Yup Tye78 if experienced most of those symptoms when I had implantation bleeding it lasted a week for me and it was a little more then a bit of spotting I seriously thought it was my period just not as heavy as usual and thought I was out that month but decided to do a test spare of the moment thing and it came back positive! So I think wait a few days and test could be preggers :)

Thanks for the insight peaches87. I'll keep my fingers crossed and pray that it was implantation bleeding.

^Tye78 - do update us :)

Peaches87 - I am in the same boat! I wish we could tell at the moment of conception! The wait is quite hard - however, skimming through this forum makes it bearable :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->