Welcome to Trying To Conceive #1

Hi all

New to the site and just needing to reach out...

After being on the pill almost 8 years, DH and I decided we were ready to try in November. My last pill was taken around Thanksgiving. At first I wanted nature to take its course, and I didn't know that much about charting. However, I am a planner, and after a few weeks of "letting things be", I started learning about charting.

Cycle 1 - 39 days (started charting at the end)
Cycle 2 - 36 days (slow temp rise starting CD24)
Cycle 3 - 29 days (poor charting this month, but guess temp rise CD18)

Now we are on cycle 4, and I started using OPK as well

I had positive OPK on CD 21 (BD) and CD 22 (BD CD23) and a fading OPK on CD 23. Looks like my temp started to rise CD 24.

Now I am CD34, with a BFN on CD 32 and CD 34.

Part of me feels like we have to be pregnant this time....we are in our 20s, healthy, and the chart looks right.....
But I have no "signs of pregnancy" like many people mention. In fact, I don't feel bloated at all and my boobs aren't sore. I have had continued watery CM which I keep thinking is my AF.

The other part of me thinks the BFN are right and AF will come soon enough...

Never thought this journey would be so frustrating.....when I was younger, I never truly understood what people were going through

Any tips or similar sentiments? Learning how to let go is hard....

Hello, wonderful ladies!

I have surfed through many pregnancy and TTC forums over the last couple weeks, and I have decided to join this one, because everyone seems so very nice and supportive! :flower:

A bit about me: My name is Karen. I am from Canada and I'm 27 years old. My DH and I are in our first month ever of TTC. It sure is both an exciting and nerve-wracking process, and coincidentally, this happens to be the weirdest cycle I have ever had! I don't know if I should go into uber-detail in my first post, but suffice it to say, I am feeling very confused, and have been going back and forth between doubt and hope. I'm trying to just be patient, but it's tough!

Anyhow, I look forward to posting with you and sharing in your stories!

Karen :kiss:

Cuddles28,
good that you are on clomid. Which cycle are you?
I did 2 of clomid, Feb and March. took a break on April, and if it doesnt happen "naturally" this month, I'll be back on clomid on May!
good luck to you!!!!!

I'm on month 8 of clomid i took it over xmas not just gone but the one before for 6 months and that didn't have a pregnancy (obviously) so the hospital have put me back on it. So far it's not resulted in a positive test yet but we are hoping it will before having to go for ivf. Good luck to you too we are hoping for a positive sooner than later!!! :thumbup:

ttcbabyisom,
thank you!!!!
This month, we are taking a break!! I will not monitor anything, not check anything and hopefully be able to just do lots of bd!!!
Then, if nothing happens, May when I get my AF, we go back to clomid, ovidrel and then IUI.

I have a very good friend that tried clomid and some other meds, did God knows how many IUIs, then she switched doctors, and the new RE told her the first one was doing the trigger and the IUI before it was her time. They were doing on the 14, and they should be doing on the 18... Not sure why...
After 2 years, she did an IVF and got preggo with the first IVF.

I am really praying I only have to do 1, and I really hope your second works for you!!! Are you on clomid and ovidrel too?

same for us! One our second "break" cycle from all the meds and charting, etc. It's been nice. We will do our second IUI either May or June cycle. RE appt. next week to discuss my blood draw results and DH's second SA and our next steps. I'm hoping to have my LAP procedure on the books before we walk out.

i hope your 1st IUI works out for you!!! We do femara and novarel/pregnyl, basically the same thing as you, just different name.

:dust:

Well I just started the TWW AGAIN....

Determined to not POAS until the 29th....

Guess we will see!

:dust: to all and here's to trying to stay sane for the next 2 weeks!

Hi ttcbabyisom,

good luck for you on your appt next week!! Hope all goes well and you will be ready for May!

Karen916 and MrsL4, WELCOME!!!!
Karen, how far are you on your cycle?

MrsL4, any news???
AF showed up or you got a bfp?? :) :) :)
Dont get frustrated!! They say that is "normal" for a couple to take up to 1 year to get pregnant! Of course any of us want that!!!
But if u are young, healthy and no problems, it will happen in no time!!!!

Littlegirl, these 2 weeks are the worst!!!! I'm just glad I'm not having them these month, as I'm not sure about my O lol!!
Actually, i THINK I might have O this past Sunday, but I am thinking is too good to be true, so I will just wait for AF to show up on her will :)

Cuddles28, how are you?

AFM,
tomorrow is my 4 year anniversary :)
I am on cd16, but no idea how long my period will be this month.
I am taking the tea, 2 cups a day, and maybe, there is a possibility that I might have ovulated this past Sunday or Monday, but in the same time it is too early for me, with no medication. No idea!!!

Well ladies, keep in touch and good luck to all of us!!!

Well I just started the TWW AGAIN....

Determined to not POAS until the 29th....

Guess we will see!

:dust: to all and here's to trying to stay sane for the next 2 weeks!

Littlegirl fingers crossed for you :hugs:

I'm waiting on AF now, I ovulated late cd20/21 so my doc said AF should be late. I'm cd31 and have had the odd bit of brown spotting, with a bit of red the first night around AF was due. I just feel like it'll be here any mo :(

The wait for AF is dragging although at least it backs up my docs notion that my lp may be ok. My temp is 36.63 which seems a tad higher but I can't rely in that. The wait continues .......

Hi ttcbabyisom,

good luck for you on your appt next week!! Hope all goes well and you will be ready for May!

MrsL4, any news???
AF showed up or you got a bfp?? :) :) :)
Dont get frustrated!! They say that is "normal" for a couple to take up to 1 year to get pregnant! Of course any of us want that!!!
But if u are young, healthy and no problems, it will happen in no time!!!!

Littlegirl, these 2 weeks are the worst!!!! I'm just glad I'm not having them these month, as I'm not sure about my O lol!!
Actually, i THINK I might have O this past Sunday, but I am thinking is too good to be true, so I will just wait for AF to show up on her will :)

Cuddles28, how are you?

AFM,
tomorrow is my 4 year anniversary :)
I am on cd16, but no idea how long my period will be this month.
I am taking the tea, 2 cups a day, and maybe, there is a possibility that I might have ovulated this past Sunday or Monday, but in the same time it is too early for me, with no medication. No idea!!!

Well ladies, keep in touch and good luck to all of us!!!

Hey!
Going ok at the mo looking forward to next weekend as i'll be going away for a friends hen do so its like a mini break for me! LOL! We are still hoping for a BFP before june but reliable AF turned up last week so back on the 3 times a week when she buggers off. Keeping my hopes up as another 2 of my friends have announced they are pregnant so getting involved in helping them both which has taken the stress levels down immensely so fingers crossed this month is our month! How are you getting on?? What tea is it your taking at the mo?? Fingers are crossed so much for you guys!

Hi ttcbabyisom,

Hello PriandRafa! Thank you for the welcome! :)

I am currently on CD32. According to FF I am 7dpo, although it is a checked line rather than a solid one. I've been having more cm this month than usual so I think that is throwing them off. Based on just temperatures I think it may be possible that I o'ed on CD20, not 25, but I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens! Usually it happens between CD16-18 but I think the stress and excitement of this being our first month TTC delayed it a bit.

It's been a crazy cycle for me; lots of cm and spotting at times where I wouldn't normally have it. So many questions and uncertainties, but I'm just trying my best to stay calm and have faith. It's been pretty tough, but I am feeling better these last couple days. :)

Best wishes and thanks again for the welcome! :flower:

So woke up this morning feeling kind of light headed and then on the drive in to work was nauseous. I'm only 2DPO or 3 at the MAX so I know there is no way this could be a sign of pregnancy....so I'm probably coming down with some kind of stomach bug. Great!

UGH as if the TWW isn't enough :-(

Well, it doesn't mean you aren't! :)

Wishing you the very best of luck!!!

Thanks for being so nice Karen! Totally makes me smile even though I just want to go back to bed! :flower:

You're very welcome!

I really enjoy this board because it truly feels like we're all in it together. :hugs:

Hi Ladies!!
You are absolutely right, we are all in this together!!!!

Cuddles28,
I am drinking a tea called Fertili Tea. I bought it online, and it is supposed to help you have regular periods, ovulate, get good eggs, etc!
Since I am not taking clomid this month, I didnt want for my period to be tooo long, so decided to give the tea a try.
But it would be very strange if I actually O'ed even earlier than a normal cycle woman!!! so, not sure.....
I will keep you posted :)

littlegirl87 ,
looking at the bright side, at least it is something else to worry about and take your mind out of 2ww LOL
Sorry, I know it sucks!!!! Good luck for you, fingers crossed u got something in there!!!!!

Karen,
I'm glad you are feeling better, and glad you found us, these crazy women trying to achieve the same as you!!! LOL
It can be tough, stressful and a hands full! But we have each other, which makes things a little easier, I think!!
Good luck for you! your 2ww is almost over!!!!!

Thanks priandrafa! And you are right! Anything that can help the tww go by quicker is alright by me!!!! Hope there is something in there too!!!! Fingers crossed! :thumbup:

Lots of :dust: to all

Hi, I'm new here. And could really use a buddy during this next little chapter. Been TTC for a long time with no luck for two years. Doctors said no reason for me to not become pregnant. The stress of TTC got me feeling a little blue and I decided to take a break from the progesterone and acupuncture and charts and put it in God's hands. Four months of NTNP and now we are actively TTC again, but I am a bit afraid, feel like a failure month after month with no BFP. DH has a daughter from a previous relationship whose BM has now completely alienated from us. We are going to proceed with custody court, which will be stressful and costly. There is a bit of gloom as I miss my stepdaughter and, on top of it, no baby still. I am hoping that this time, with this forum, it won't feel as lonesome. I am 34 and just want to be a mom. Thanks for any support you can give.

ttcbabyisom,
thank you!!!!
This month, we are taking a break!! I will not monitor anything, not check anything and hopefully be able to just do lots of bd!!!
Then, if nothing happens, May when I get my AF, we go back to clomid, ovidrel and then IUI.

I have a very good friend that tried clomid and some other meds, did God knows how many IUIs, then she switched doctors, and the new RE told her the first one was doing the trigger and the IUI before it was her time. They were doing on the 14, and they should be doing on the 18... Not sure why...
After 2 years, she did an IVF and got preggo with the first IVF.

I am really praying I only have to do 1, and I really hope your second works for you!!! Are you on clomid and ovidrel too?

Hi PriandRafa. I am new here, but we opted to do the same. BD this month with no charts and then in May begin again. If nothing, then IUI in September... Sending you heaps of prayers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->