Welcome to Trying To Conceive #1

I am feeling a bit better today! Still have a slight headache and totally bloated with a heck of a lot of creamy CM...so gross....but at least I don't feel like I'm going to toss my cookies!

And its FRIDAY!! Yippee!! :thumbup:

me too! I was praying it wasn't the stomach flu....that's my least favorite illness lol :flower:

Hi Hunter Raven, welcome to this forum, and I hope you can find some encouragement here with us!!
We are on on the same boat, which some how it helps us to keep it alive!

I'm sorry you were trying for a while with no luck, and best of luck for you now on this new journey!

When you were trying before, it was on the natural route, or with the help of a RE, with meds and u/s?

I have pcos, and since I wasnt ovulating, I decided to go to a RE and start with the treatment. took a break this month and I was set to go back in May and have a IUI, but for some reason, I am not too sure right now.
The stress and anxiety I was on the 2 months, was a little crazy!
I want a baby more than anything, but I still believe on God's great plan!
Not sure if I start with natural meds for some extra months... I'm a little confused right now!!

what is your cd?

Hi Littlegirl!
I'm glad u are feeling better!! and yes, Friday makes everything better on its own :) :) :)
I'm at work and it is dead here... really thinking about leaving!!!!

Priandrafa i had a half day today....which makes it an even better Friday lol thank you for the well wishes :flower: hope u have a great weekend!

Hi Hunter Raven, welcome to this forum, and I hope you can find some encouragement here with us!!
We are on on the same boat, which some how it helps us to keep it alive!

I'm sorry you were trying for a while with no luck, and best of luck for you now on this new journey!

When you were trying before, it was on the natural route, or with the help of a RE, with meds and u/s?

I have pcos, and since I wasnt ovulating, I decided to go to a RE and start with the treatment. took a break this month and I was set to go back in May and have a IUI, but for some reason, I am not too sure right now.
The stress and anxiety I was on the 2 months, was a little crazy!
I want a baby more than anything, but I still believe on God's great plan!
Not sure if I start with natural meds for some extra months... I'm a little confused right now!!

what is your cd?

Thank you PriandRafa. Happy to be here and grateful for the group. You all seem like a great bunch!
We tried the natural route for a year, then I went to RE. U/s and HSG came out fine... RE said all is great and just be patient. That was last June. She gave me progesterone because my FSH levels were slightly low, but she said nothing to worry about.
We live between USA and Bali so have also tried the holistic route in Bali with Chinese herbs and acupuncture. Did a full blood work in Singapore and all looks fine except I am slightly anemic. Advised by doctor there that it was nothing to worry about.
DH has a child from other relationship so it isn't issue with him. And, for me that is the hardest part, because it is difficult to communicate with him how much sadness I feel month after month of not giving us a child. I resolved at one point to NTNP and focus on my relationship with step daughter. But she now lives in another country and gradually we have been completely alienated. I have not seen her since January :(
I have used TrueBlue one month (cannot buy in Bali) but I never saw a peak. My temperature for ovulation is not consistent to get a good read and it makes me skeptical about the doctors each telling me I am fine. I can relate to you feeling confused!
My CD is 23.
Have you done IUI before? What led you to decide to try it now?
Some encouragement for you: My mother had PCOS and made modifications to her diet - she became a vegetarian. All regulated for her within 6months. Have you consulted with a nutritionalist to see if there are natural remedies?

Hi hunter

I thought my reply had been posted, so if you get 2 sorry lol!!

You've come to the right place :bighugs:

Getting a bfn every month is soooo tough especially when we all long for BFPS!!!

Have you got a fertility monitor? How do you track your cycle?

I never goet + OPKs and my temps lie to me so I went and got a fertility monitor (I'm just about to start month 2 using it and it flagged ovulation for me). I'm hoping to start smep this month. I use preseed (not as described though it's far too much), vits, evening primrose oil. Slightly obsessed!!!!
Xx

Hi hunter

I thought my reply had been posted, so if you get 2 sorry lol!!

You've come to the right place :bighugs:

Getting a bfn every month is soooo tough especially when we all long for BFPS!!!

Have you got a fertility monitor? How do you track your cycle?

I never goet + OPKs and my temps lie to me so I went and got a fertility monitor (I'm just about to start month 2 using it and it flagged ovulation for me). I'm hoping to start smep this month. I use preseed (not as described though it's far too much), vits, evening primrose oil. Slightly obsessed!!!!
Xx

Thank you Phoenix82. Same. I track with OPT and temperature and checking CM. Great idea to get a monitor as my fertility window is not consistent. I will try that and buy one when I am back in US next month.

If your schedules work with SMEP, than I reckon that's the best! Even if, worst case, BFN, you still have FUN and reconnect with DH. Sometimes I get so mentally caught up in the pressure of TTC that I forget about my DH and how it must be for him. So just enjoy that time and focus on your DH and not the pressure of BD. Especially now that you know when you are Oing and are doing all these things to prep your body. Best of luck!
And Happy Easter to you all!

Me and my husband are TTC and I'm having some issues with OPK test. I started testing on day 9 of my cycle and I still haven't gotten a positive reading.. We have been having regular sex, every 2 or 3 days just in case I'm ovulating, but I'm not getting any positive readings on any test, and today is day 16 of my cycle. Any suggestions as to why? Also he works out of town and we had inter course on day 1 of my cycle because he had just gotten home from a month long trip.

Me and my husband are TTC and I'm having some issues with OPK test. I started testing on day 9 of my cycle and I still haven't gotten a positive reading.. We have been having regular sex, every 2 or 3 days just in case I'm ovulating, but I'm not getting any positive readings on any test, and today is day 16 of my cycle. Any suggestions as to why? Also he works out of town and we had inter course on day 1 of my cycle because he had just gotten home from a month long trip.

Hey Babybug

I hope your well.
How long have you been ttc?

OPKs are affected by drinking too much and many other things, some people just aren't suited to them.

I never got on with OPKs, never got a positive result,
Now I got myself a fertility monitor as it looks for 2 hormones not just the one. I used it for the first time last month and got the ovulation symbol on cd20& cd21 - I had NO idea I ovulated so late!!!

The great news is at least I get a definate sign and don't have to guess if the lines are positive or not.

I would recommend this to anyone. I use a persona conception monitor which works the same as a velar blue fertility monitor (it appears to be made by the same company but is cheaper).

I hope this helps you xxx

Officially 2 weeks late. No symptoms. :*( I am never going to have children.

Hey sweetie

Did you ovulate later in your cycle?

I assume you've been testing? Get your doc to give you a blood test - keep me posted xx

I know how you feel, I feel exactly the same :( xxxx

I really just wanted to post on here to introduce my self. Myself and husband are also TTC our first!!! I've been a long time reader of this forum and have found out lots of great info so thank you!!

I guess I'm writing today as we are a bit down, we were convinced we had BFP yesterday, however it turned out to be a test where the dye had run......gutted, anyway I just wanted to introduce myself and ask if there are any threads for conceiving after cancer?? I'm currently in remission from Hodgkins Lymphoma and endured a year of lovely chemo. Unfortunately it was late stage and there was no time to harvest eggs, however my cycles have returned to test book normal which is great. It does play on my mind though that the chemo could have messed up my ovaries, so just wondering if anyone out there is in the same boat?
Sorry for rambling just wanted to say hi and hope we all get our wishes xxxx

:hugs: try not to get too down...there could be a lot of reasons why that is happening! Definitely get your doc to order a blood test!

let us know! :dust: your way!

Warmest welcomes to everyone posting here for the first time! I am pretty new here myself and it is great to have so many lovely ladies with whom you can confide!

littlegirl87, are you still feeling good?

I really just wanted to post on here to introduce my self. Myself and husband are also TTC our first!!! I've been a long time reader of this forum and have found out lots of great info so thank you!!

I guess I'm writing today as we are a bit down, we were convinced we had BFP yesterday, however it turned out to be a test where the dye had run......gutted, anyway I just wanted to introduce myself and ask if there are any threads for conceiving after cancer?? I'm currently in remission from Hodgkins Lymphoma and endured a year of lovely chemo. Unfortunately it was late stage and there was no time to harvest eggs, however my cycles have returned to test book normal which is great. It does play on my mind though that the chemo could have messed up my ovaries, so just wondering if anyone out there is in the same boat?
Sorry for rambling just wanted to say hi and hope we all get our wishes xxxx

Hey Spannerd welcome

Wow you seem to have been through the mill.
Try adding a new thread for specific advice - I'm not too clued up on your specific predicament but general girly support I can definately offer.

Good luck xxxx

Hi Ladies!!
How is everyone doing?

welcome the newbies!!!
This month has been crazy for me... and I wont be able to go back to clomid and ovidrel and do my first IUI next month!

The dentist thing is still unresolved, pending insurance approval, confirmation how much they will pay, how much I will have to pay.... scary LOL
So, I will continue with my tea, and I just ordered a bottle of Fertilaid. Will try naturally, God knows, maybe is He wanting to take all the glory :) :) :)
Gotta keep the faith up high!!

It is NOT baby related, so I am apologizing in advance, but this past weekend I became a Mary Kay Independent Consultant and I am soooo excited that I will be earning some extra cash and keep myself busy, so I dont think about TTC the whole entire day and night!
I know that we never met, and may be a little weird, but if anyone wants to support me on my new venture, send me a message!!! I can mail the products to you :) :)
My long time dream is to work from home when I get my baby, but it seemed impossible until just now!!!! Keeping the hopes up!!

Hope you all had a great Easter, and lots of baby dust to all!!!

Hello, PriandRafa!

That's exciting about becoming a consultant! Good for you. And you're so right; it's very helpful to have something to occupy your mind besides TTC! That is something I am trying to do. When I am at work with my students I am fine. It's when I'm at home by myself that I go kind of squirrely, lol.

Right now I am at CD37, 12dpo. I am planning on testing on Thursday. Against my better judgment I tested on Saturday, knowing the chances of a BFP at 9dpo was really slim, but my husband was going out of town, and I was hoping to get good news for us before that! I also got a new kind of test (internet dip strips) that I wanted to get the hang of. Sure enough, it was a BFN, and even though I wasn't at all surprised, I still felt very sad and had a pretty emotional day. But the rest of the weekend was better, and I'm feeling brighter and more hopeful! I've been having tons of symptoms, but I still fear the witch may be on my doorstep. There are so many emotional ups and downs!

Best wishes to you, and to all! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"