Welcome to Trying To Conceive #1

Hi Karen,

that is so great you will be testing on Thursday FX for you!!!!!!
Specially that you are having symptoms :) :) :)
9dpo is early, so let's just forget about it and hope for the Thursday poas.

Keep us posted!!!!!!

Friends , i have been taking 6 tablets this month and one ovulation Injunction ,there is metformin and folic acid...apart from this clomid 100 mg from day 3 to 8, from day 9... Cervifin - Guaifenesin Tablets 200 mg... and then my doc prescribed - Alive Her - Sildenafil Citrate IP 25 mg... and Duphaston 10 mg... and ovulation injuction... and i am suffering from Body pain, Head ache, Nausea... Guys wats wrong with me... ? plz help

I really just wanted to post on here to introduce my self. Myself and husband are also TTC our first!!! I've been a long time reader of this forum and have found out lots of great info so thank you!!

I guess I'm writing today as we are a bit down, we were convinced we had BFP yesterday, however it turned out to be a test where the dye had run......gutted, anyway I just wanted to introduce myself and ask if there are any threads for conceiving after cancer?? I'm currently in remission from Hodgkins Lymphoma and endured a year of lovely chemo. Unfortunately it was late stage and there was no time to harvest eggs, however my cycles have returned to test book normal which is great. It does play on my mind though that the chemo could have messed up my ovaries, so just wondering if anyone out there is in the same boat?
Sorry for rambling just wanted to say hi and hope we all get our wishes xxxx

Hello there and welcome! I am new here too. My heart goes out to you and I am filled with respect of all you had to endure! Hodkins Lymphoma is a rough one. Chemo sucks and BIG congratulations on your remission!
I also am not familiar with your particular situation but when you were going through chemo did you still ovulate and menstruate? Did you also have radiation therapy? My understanding from when my family member went through the same is a lot of side effects depends on your age. Chemo and fertility issues can happen when patient is young.
As far as the TTC roller coaster after going through some medical trauma however... I can somewhat relate. In 2011, I flatlined due to an allergic reaction I had to a medicine prescribed to me (of all things!) It took a long time for my body to recover afterwards (not to mention the ridiculous medical bills which had been put aside for baby fund!) I thought I was doomed and would never get my system back on track. It took a little over a year before my system felt back to normal. I have really focused on exercising each day, meditating, praying, eating right, not drinking too much. My immune system is still a bit more sensitive than others, but all the doctors I have spoken to now say I am fully recovered and everything is working again. Have you spoken to doctor and asked them?
I think it is one of those things, for me anyway, when you beat something that tries to kill you, you feel a bit more pressure to make your "new life" more fulfilling, ya? I get myself into bad headspace sometimes because I feel I am here still so that I can be a mother and I too get extremely gutted that it hasn't happened. So I get it. I have gotten through these somewhat depressing times by "prepping my body for my baby" It is the same thought as how we are going to decorate our baby's room and make it perfect for that moment, now I am getting my body ready for that special someone to snuggle up for 9 months. For me that helps if you haven't tried it.
Use these days to do the things to continue to make you your best self. Spend quality time with your DH (because when baby comes that will change lol) exercise, take a long walk, cook nutritious foods and eat and rest. I also found a naturopathic physician which I would highly recommend for you. They helped me with the things which conventional medicine could not fix.
You have overcome something tremendous and time and attention I believe can heal anything.

Sorry ladies for my long post above! Should've PM.
PriandRafa, congrats on consulting for all the reasons you said. Plus, from just reading your posts, I think you'll make a great MK spokesperson because you seem really good at listening and hearing others needs, which is the best thing for sales.
Karen88 sending you heaps of babydust for Thursday and a BFP!!!!
parinitha, doubt there is anything wrong with you! It sounds to me like your system is just a bit shocked with the influx of all these new things and the reactions you are having are normal with that? Or maybe you are pregnant???? :) But if it continues you should definitely consult a professional.

Sending smiles to all you lovely ladies and hope you have a great day!

Thank you, HunterRaven, and everyone else, for your support!

Well... it was a BFN. :(

I am very sad, and emotionally and physically spent. I don't understand some of these signs I've been having. Some I can attribute to AF being on its way, I guess, but others are just not normal for me. What's frustrating is I couldn't get an appointment with my OB/GYN until late July, and my GP is not very helpful about this stuff.

My AF is due to arrive sometime between Saturday and Monday (my LP is consistently 16-18 days). I usually have 3 days of spotting before it arrives, and that has not started yet. I hope AF will just get itself over with quickly so that my husband and I can have a fresh start. This has been the most bizarre cycle I've ever had since starting to chart my BBT and CM a year ago, and I'm ready for a blank canvas.

Having the support and understanding of you lovely ladies is very helpful to me! Thank you! :flower:

Thank you, HunterRaven, and everyone else, for your support!

Well... it was a BFN. :(

I am very sad, and emotionally and physically spent. I don't understand some of these signs I've been having. Some I can attribute to AF being on its way, I guess, but others are just not normal for me. What's frustrating is I couldn't get an appointment with my OB/GYN until late July, and my GP is not very helpful about this stuff.

My AF is due to arrive sometime between Saturday and Monday (my LP is consistently 16-18 days). I usually have 3 days of spotting before it arrives, and that has not started yet. I hope AF will just get itself over with quickly so that my husband and I can have a fresh start. This has been the most bizarre cycle I've ever had since starting to chart my BBT and CM a year ago, and I'm ready for a blank canvas.

Having the support and understanding of you lovely ladies is very helpful to me! Thank you! :flower:

I have had some strange cycles since my MC a few months ago. AF still comes but my cycle has had longer days in between. I have been charting and doing tests for ovulation so I know I'm still ovulating but it's strange. I also think that I am so ready for a BFP that I mentally change my physical symptoms into tricking my body into thinking i'm going to get BFP and then have some symptoms with that. I'm hoping for a BFP in may!!!

Best of luck to you, outdoorgirl!

I feel like I could have unconsciously exaggerated some of my symptoms, like the nausea, because of wanting to be pregnant so much. But, I have had outward signs that I just can't explain. Namely, midcycle spotting (this is completely unusual for me) and tons and tons of CM during my luteal phase (also very unusual for me).

Here is my crazy chart:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/chartgraph_module.php?d=2014-04-24&mode=a&ts=1398342800&u=

A couple notes:

The EWCM for the majority of my pre-ovulatory phase was pretty scant. Some days I wasn't sure if I should record it or not because it was so minor, but I figured better to record it than to not. I would say "peak days", with actually abundant EWCM as well as the mittelschmerz feeling were CD12 and CD26. I think the peak on CD12 was my body gearing up to ovulate but failing to.

Moving onto the present, the last several days I have had sooo much EWCM, and that is the part I really don't understand. I have only had EWCM right before an AF once, and it was scant, only for one day, and mixed with my usual pre-AF spotting.

Do you think the stress I have been under could somehow trigger my body to produce all this CM?

Thanks again for the support! :flower:

I'm sorry you are feeling that way. I hope you will get a happy surprise!

I'm sorry you are feeling that way. I hope you will get a happy surprise!

Thanks Karen:hugs: I really hope you do as well....this stuff is so tough! And seriously no fun! I hate this feeling every cycle...UGH :nope:

You're welcome. :hugs:

It is so very tough. I am feeling so sad today. I suppose if AF doesn't show by Tuesday I will test again but for now I feel pretty hopeless.

Oh gosh that sad feeling is the worst....Hoping she wont show and then you will get that AMAZING BFP feeling instead!

At least I imagine it will feel amazing! Never had one lol

I figure AF will come for me either Sunday or Monday....so maybe we will both get some awesome surprise/miracle

only time will tell....:flower:

Thank you so much. :flower: One of the worst parts of the BFN this morning was knowing my husband was sad but trying to hold it in for my benefit. :cry:

With an LP of 16-18 days my AF is expected to arrive sometime Saturday through Monday as well. Should I have waited until then for better accuracy? I just figured regardless of my LP, 14dpo would be long enough.

Oh well, at least if we both start this weekend, we can be cycle buddies!

Thank you so much. :flower: One of the worst parts of the BFN this morning was knowing my husband was sad but trying to hold it in for my benefit. :cry:

With an LP of 16-18 days my AF is expected to arrive sometime Saturday through Monday as well. Should I have waited until then for better accuracy? I just figured regardless of my LP, 14dpo would be long enough.

Well I think it might be more accurate closer to AF! So I mean if she doesn't show Saturday maybe you should try testing again!

Oh and yes it will be nice to know we aren't alone!!!!

And yes them being sad about it as well but trying to be positive for our sake is almost worse than just us being sad! I hate letting him down :dohh:

Oh sweetie... know how you feel! It is an emotional roller coaster. It is so nice that husband is so understanding and being strong for you. Good man!
But it sounds like this cycle isn't a wash yet with your LP being longer than usual, right? Don't get yourself down! See what happens and maybe AF won't show. Sending you :dust:
Keep us posted

Thank you so much, Hunter! :hugs:

Yup, an emotional roller coaster is right for sure. I spent a lot of yesterday crying while I was at home. I was able to pull it together before going to work in the afternoon and had a good time with my students. But when I got home and sat down to dinner with my husband I just lost it again.

Yesterday I really felt like AF was coming, based on the severity of the cramps, and also the weepiness, but it didn't, not even my usual pre-AF spotting. I still felt the cramps when I woke up, but when I took my BBT it was the highest it's been all cycle! So I suppose that is a good sign?

My LP is 16-18 days, and right now I am at 15dpo, so I am not late yet, but I don't think the spotting has ever started later than 15dpo, so if it doesn't happen today, maybe that is a glimmer of hope? The high temperature is encouraging, too.

Question - I had to take my BBT early yesterday so I could get up and do the test before my husband left for work. It was 97.6 (down a little bit from the day before). Then I went back to sleep, and got up at my usual time. I took BBT again just to see, and it was 97.9. Which reading should I go with? If I go with the 97.6, then today would represent a whole 0.5 degree jump, which is unusual for me in the LP!

I read some reviews of the internet cheapies that I've been using, and they haven't been very good. I even read one story where a lady kept getting false negatives, but then put it in a can of ginger ale and got a BFP! LOL! Trying not to get my hopes up again, but that did make me smile.
:flower:

Thanks hunteraven, i ovulated on 20th or may be 21th, so AF is not due yet... so it must not be pregnancy symptoms... may be bcoz of all this medicines i have been taking... Me and my husaband ttc for 8 months, i have some problems, Prolactin Hormone Excess, and pcos, but not severe, Doc said i have pcos, but my periods gone irregular only from that month, we start trying...so i think its not severe...And from 4 months we are consulting Gynec, and from that month periods are regular and ouvulation happened... if no BFP this cycle, then there will be tube test...:nope:

Ok so 3rd day in a row with same temp! thought maybe the thermometer was broken so I checked it again after I got up and around and it was 98.8 so clearly it isn't that....WHAT IN THE WORLD is going on? I've never had 3 temps the same like this before ever?!

Ah lovely, I just wanted you to know I'm in the same boat, I also tested on 9dpo thought I had a bfp but it wasn't. I've tested sine and BFN, today AF showed, this cycle (and I don't know why) it's all I've thought about, I totally get the sadness it's the worst, have a cry, I do it makes me feel better!!! From what I'm reading you are still in with a shot, esp with the high temps!! Keep that chin up, easier said than done I know, but try!!
Warm wishes xxx

Also a thank you to everyone for the warm welcomes it does mean a lot xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back