Welcome to Trying To Conceive #1

Welcome to the thread, soontbema! What kind of HPT are you using? Some are more sensitive than others. Another possibility could be that your body geared up to ovulate, but then it was delayed for some reason. That happens to me sometimes: I have the fertile signs, but I don't get the temperature jump. Then my body quickly goes through the process again and I ovulate a little while later. Do you track your basal body temperature? That is very helpful for confirming ovulation for sure.

Best of luck to you! And I always say you're never out until AF shows!

Indi, that is so great that your lines are getting darker! :thumbup:

Hi Karen.. Thank you..Actually i am not too sure...have tested with 2-3 diff types..not mentioned in the pack....I think..will recheck..

And I dont check the basal body temp, just OPK. and I was going for follicular study till March so I knew for sure when I ovulated..But this time used OPK..
Ya, AF not showing is the only hope I am clinging to..*fingers crosssed*.

And going off topic..My name is Sumi O:)

Hi Sumi! Pretty name! :)

I have also heard that OPKs can show positive when it is in fact a pregnancy! I think things are sounding good for you. If AF still hasn't shown, then I would recommend the Clear Blue Easy Digital, which says the words "Pregnant" or "Not Pregnant" and also the estimated number of weeks since conception. It is pricier, but after a lot of uncertainty with other tests, I will definitely be using that brand again in the future.

Good luck!

Sumi, that's definitely promising. Best of luck! I am only 8dpo today, so I'm starting the hardest part of the 2ww. I have my fingers crossed that month five is our lucky month.

I google and read all of these threads all the time and finally decided to be a part of one!!

My husband and I are TTC and I have soooo many questions!!:wacko:

Welcome Ramsey!
This is definitely the place to be. When I first started on here I had to Google all the terms I was so lost. There are a lot of help here on this site. God luck to you!

It took forever for me to figure out how to post something. I just did and now I'm unsure of how to find it. lol

I have been a lurker for my last three cycles. Glad to finally join! This is the end of cycle number 3, I test on Friday. Good to meet all of you!

Welcome Ramsey and Pixipike. Pixipike, I think I will be testing on Friday as well. Fxed that we both get our BFP.

Hi all, just thought I would introduce myself. I am 22 years old, and DH is 27. We have been together for 3 years and just got married on 6/7/14. We had the most beautiful, perfect wedding ever. I have known for a long time that I wanted to start a family and that this was the man I wanted to do that with. It was convincing him that was the hard part. I brought it up a lot for awhile, and then finally decided that when he was ready he would let me know.
We got married June 7th and I knew AF would be coming right around that day, so I decided to use my birth control to skip it...and failed. Ha. I started my period the first day of our Las Vegas honeymoon. Boo BUT while on our honeymoon DH threw my birth control away and said no more. So, here we are TTC #1. I am pretty positive this month was out anyway as I just stopped birth control. I started OPKs anyway on CD 12 and they've been negative ever since (faint line just keeps getting lighter). I did have EWCM the day after AF ended but pretty sure that was just a fluke so assuming no O yet. Hoping to just get this cycle over with so we can start really trying! Anyway, thats my essay Glad to be joining the BnB family!

Hi everyone. i'm still here! Just taking a little break from it all until we are back on track with meds, etc. come September/October. We are taking the summer off and just enjoying each other the old natural way and so far it's been fabulous! I'm on a mission to rid myself of these 20 pounds right now and I'm almost there so once i get there, I'll be in a better place to be preggers. :) Good luck to all of you trying to get your baby! We will get there! We just have to have a little patience. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

:dust: :dust: :dust:

Hello ladies, it's been awhile since i post here. Im on the end of my TWW and today is my test day.. FX to those testers and may we all get our :bfp: So far, the very odd symptom i had was FULL FERNING in my scope since 12 dpo up to today 14dpo.. pix below for today's ferning. I hope this means something.

:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 1
Well I think I'm out. My BBT dropped this morning, and I got a BFN at 12dpo. The witch is due either today or tomorrow.

Sorry to hear that, lacanadienne! I hope she will stay away, though! :hugs:

Welcome and best wishes to all the new posters!! :flower:

In this book I'm reading "Conquering Infertility", I came across this amazing chapter on self nurturing! It says us ladies going through this LONG journey really need to start finding the time to focus on OURSELVES for at least 30 minutes a day no matter where you are in your cycle. Here's the list she gave from patients of hers:

• have a manicure or pedicure
  • sit on a chaise lounge in the backyard with a cool drink and the latest issue of your fave magazine
  • take an afternoon nap
  • read a trashy novel
  • listen to barenaked ladies or u2 or whatever group or singer you like, turned up LOUD
  • plant an herb garden
  • make some popcorn and watch a mushy movie
  • grab a mystery novel and camp out at starbucks for the morning (stick to decaf coffee or tea)
  • borrow a friend's puppy and romp around with it in the grass
  • visit an art museum
  • eat an ice cream cone (without punishing yourself with warnings about fat and calories)
  • knit, crochet, quit, or do some other handicraft
  • eat a wonderful piece of chocolate, guilt free
  • go shopping - but not for clothes, because trying on clothes can remind you of weight you've gained or the fact that you're not buying maternity clothes; buy yourself a funky hat, wild socks, or zany underwear instead

What you choose to do doesn't matter, as long as you're indulging in a pleasure that you would normally deny yourself.

Performing a self-nurturing act can often help heal the pain of a difficult event, such as a disappointing test result or the arrival of your period. Doing so can remind you that even though you aren't pregnant, you can still enjoy and savor some of life's smaller pleasures.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Ttcbabyisom Thank you for that.

Today has started out pretty rough me and the dh had an argument. Sometimes it's so hard to stay positive when you want something so bad. Today I just felt like quitting everything is just to much sometimes. I feel like I'm doing so much work and he's just chilling. I want a baby so bad so it's hard for me to just quit but i feel so lost. I don't know which way to turn. Today's one of those days where I wish I could rest and start again. I don't want to give up but it's hard to stay strong.

How is everyone else doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"