Welcome to Trying To Conceive #1

Hi Everyone, I'm sort of confused as to where I post my introduction, but here goes...I am 28 years old (DH is 28 as well), we married 4/2014:wedding:and just started TTC since last month. It hasn't been a long time since we have tried as a couple, but I was previously trying in my last relationship w/ a long time boyfriend, about 5 years ago, and it just didn't happen for me (Now I know why, wasn't meant to be). Then, about 2 years ago, I had my left fallopian tube removed due to scar tissue from a past horrific thing that happened to me (previously I was able to get preggers), and I immediately thought that conception was now a dead issue for me...until the surgeon said that my right tube and ovary was in really good health and I could very well still have a baby, YAY!! I wasn't technically "trying" with my husband in the beginning, but we weren't using any form of protection besides the P/O method, which we all know is not 100% effective. Then, one day in May, my DH and I was sitting in bed, and he asked me "when are we gonna have a baby...I want to start now, WE aren't getting any younger!" So here we are...[-o<

Hello :hi:

First time posting here (and first time posting anywhere really) as we just decided at the weekend to have a quick go at TTC. We got married last year and are very 50/50 on the whole babies/childless thing, but we figure that if we do have them we want to do it while we're relatively young so might as well try it now!

We have a family occasion abroad next summer that would be impossible to go to if we conceived from August onwards (well August would be ok, September-November) so we decided last weekend to try for July, and if nothing happens leave it for a few months/until next year. However I think we might have decided to try too late in my cycle, a tracking app suggests that Ovulation was most likely around July 4th, we didn't ditch contraception until the weekend just gone. BUT I think the app could be way out and that I ovulated around the weekend just gone!

We have no health issues, I wasn't on the pill so didn't have to wait for that to leave my system, we don't smoke, don't drink too much, exercise quite a bit, I have regular cycles, so all of this has OF COURSE given me a totally false sense that it just has to happen the first time we have unprotected sex! In the 13 years I've been sexually active I have never once had sex without a condom, never forgot, never had one tear etc, have had two instances where my period was late but no real pregnancy scares, so I'm quietly hopeful that it might work first go, which I know is crazy really.

Sorry this is a really long post, I really want to talk to somebody while I'm on the two week wait but don't want to tell anyone in real life! If we were going to be consistently TTC from now on there are two friends that are like my sisters that I would tell, one just had a baby and the other is also trying/not preventing, but I don't want to tell them this month and then have the one with the baby asking me good naturedly every month if we had any luck yet! So I'm just pouring it all out here for now :blush:

So, the app says my period is due in 5 days, I don't think it is, I would say more like 8 days, so we'll see. I don't know how I'd feel either way, because we jumped headlong into this decision quite fast (literally chatted about it very late Saturday night and tried Sunday morning!) I have already said to my husband "what might we have just done??!", as we are so not ready for kids but as I said we should start now in terms of fertility and not wanting to be too old starting.

Thanks to anyone who read this far :happydance: Just need to figure out how to survive the next week waiting!

Welcome HopingCarter and Lithodora. I've just been up at the cottage for a bit, so haven't been keeping up.

Phoenix, have you had your week 6 checkup yet? Karen, I see your chart says you're pregnant! Congrats! You must be excited.

Welcome HopingCarter and Lithodora. I've just been up at the cottage for a bit, so haven't been keeping up.

Phoenix, have you had your week 6 checkup yet? Karen, I see your chart says you're pregnant! Congrats! You must be excited.

Hey sweetie

Not yet, it's Friday next week!!! Why does time drag soooo much??
How are you? Xx

Waiting is what I'm worst at. It's so hard! I'm on CD13 right now, so waiting to ovulate. Hopefully won't be too long, since I'm leaving town for just over a week starting next Friday, and it would be a shame to waste a month. I have been ovulating between CD15 and CD18 lately, so fxed. I guess I'll have to poke in here while I'm away to see your news.

Waiting is what I'm worst at. It's so hard! I'm on CD13 right now, so waiting to ovulate. Hopefully won't be too long, since I'm leaving town for just over a week starting next Friday, and it would be a shame to waste a month. I have been ovulating between CD15 and CD18 lately, so fxed. I guess I'll have to poke in here while I'm away to see your news.

I know waiting for something to happen is rubbish!!!

Ohhh fingers crossed for you, you don't want to lose a month, I had to miss out a couple and it felt like a massive waste!

I'll let you know how it goes - have fun away and keep me posted (when you can)

Thanks so much, lacanadienne!!! Yup, we just found out on Wednesday. We are absolutely over the moon. I'm feeling much more "pregnant" this time around that last time, if that makes any sense. My symptoms are much more pronounced, and I also got stronger test results, so I'm feeling more optimistic. :thumbup:

Fx that you will O soon! I hope this will be the lucky cycle for you!

Phoenix, that will be so exciting having your 6-week checkup. Will you have an ultrasound that day?

I am meeting my OB on Wednesday, when I will be 5 weeks. I don't really know what to expect.

littlegirl87, are you around? I hope all is well with you!

Happy Friday to all the lovely ladies on this thread! :flower:

I am around! Congrats again! FX this one is your sticky bean although it looks great for you!

I am not ovulating this month!

So next month I will start clomid and then I pretty much get 3 months on that and if i don't get pregnant then we will know something is more seriously wrong and who knows what will happen from there.

So hopefully AF will show on time and i will be able to start clomid at the beginning of August!

Congrats again! So happy for you!

Thanks so much! And I'm so happy to see you. :hugs:

I'm sorry you're having trouble with ovulating this cycle. It can be so frustrating, can't it? The previous cycle when I got my BFP, I didn't ovulate until CD39, I think it was, so there may still be a chance! If not, though, hopefully the Clomid will be very helpful for you! :flower:

Thanks so much, lacanadienne!!! Yup, we just found out on Wednesday. We are absolutely over the moon. I'm feeling much more "pregnant" this time around that last time, if that makes any sense. My symptoms are much more pronounced, and I also got stronger test results, so I'm feeling more optimistic. :thumbup:

Fx that you will O soon! I hope this will be the lucky cycle for you!

Phoenix, that will be so exciting having your 6-week checkup. Will you have an ultrasound that day?

I am meeting my OB on Wednesday, when I will be 5 weeks. I don't really know what to expect.

littlegirl87, are you around? I hope all is well with you!

Happy Friday to all the lovely ladies on this thread! :flower:

Congratulations sweetie!!!

I had some spotting before my bfp so my amazing doc has booked an scan (transvaginal ultrasound) to check everything is ok. I REALLY hope it is!!
Then I'm going to book a 9 week scan privately before the std 12 week one. I'm soooo nervous (1 week to go) xx

Hey ladies

Rarely spotted b4 but worrying I had a tiny bit of pink mucas stuff (sorry tmi) after going to the loo today and a bit of brown, I have a dull achy tum and back and am now petrified I might be losing my bean :( this is soo stressful!! Xxx

Oh, Phoenix, I'm sorry! That's so scary. I hope and pray everything will be ok!!! Don't hesitate to go to the dr/ER if you think it is necessary! :hugs:

Oh, Phoenix, I'm sorry! That's so scary. I hope and pray everything will be ok!!! Don't hesitate to go to the dr/ER if you think it is necessary! :hugs:

Thanks hun

I called the out of hours doc service and they requested I go into their clinic at the local A&E dept.

He was not concerned too much as it's beige/ v light brown, he said some people have this the whole first tri so he has moved my scan to tues instead of fri just yo check bean is where it should be and developing as it should be. Fingers crossed (definately scary)

Sorry, Phoenix. But I guess that's what we've gotten ourselves into. We worry about getting pregnant, then we worry about staying pregnant, then we'll worry about our children. Fxed that everything is ok.

Looks promising for ovulating before I leave. My temperature had a slight jump yesterday and a big jump this morning. BD every day for the past five days. Fxed that this is my lucky cycle!!! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->