Welcome to Trying To Conceive #1

Hey hun

So there's a sac for baby and a yolk sac, baby is just not big enough to see yet.

I panicked and thought that was the worse news ever but the nurse said it's exactly what she expects to see based on my dates.

So I have to go back a week Friday

Thank you for asking - very kind of you x

Thanks, I know I'm just REALLY hoping all is ok at the next scan at least then the sickness feeling, gas pains etc will be worth it

(I had no idea that even if things did go wrong the sac keeps producing the hormones that give you symptoms)!! Cruel huh

But luckily right now all is on track

Hello ladies!
We've been ttc for just two months now. Although I haven't been using OPKs or anything like that I believe I O'd July 6. Yesterday I got some light pink blood when I wiped. It only happened once all day, today it happened once more. I shouldnt be getting AF for atleast another week ( I have a long cycle). So I'm just curious if anyone else has gotten this? Thanks in advance!

could definitely be implantation bleeding. Good luck! :hugs:

Hi Everyone, I'm sort of confused as to where I post my introduction, but here goes...I am 28 years old (DH is 28 as well), we married 4/2014:wedding:and just started TTC since last month. It hasn't been a long time since we have tried as a couple, but I was previously trying in my last relationship w/ a long time boyfriend, about 5 years ago, and it just didn't happen for me (Now I know why, wasn't meant to be). Then, about 2 years ago, I had my left fallopian tube removed due to scar tissue from a past horrific thing that happened to me (previously I was able to get preggers), and I immediately thought that conception was now a dead issue for me...until the surgeon said that my right tube and ovary was in really good health and I could very well still have a baby, YAY!! I wasn't technically "trying" with my husband in the beginning, but we weren't using any form of protection besides the P/O method, which we all know is not 100% effective. Then, one day in May, my DH and I was sitting in bed, and he asked me "when are we gonna have a baby...I want to start now, WE aren't getting any younger!" So here we are...[-o<

Wow, welcome and best of luck sweetie! Welcome to this crazy journey with the rest of us. :hugs: :dust:

Just wondering if anybody has had similar experiences.
We decided to go to a FS after several months of ovulation without a successful pregnancy. The FS says I should start doing tests @ 7 dpo and get on progesterone as soon as I find out I am pregnant.

This month I ovulated early, cd 12, and got a small pimple at 5dpo. I had a bit of heaviness on 6 dpo and dull pain on the left hand side @ 7dpo. Nothing else since, and i am 10 dpo today.I am wondering whether implantation happened and then it did not stick... Has anybody else had something similar at all?

Hello :hi:

First time posting here (and first time posting anywhere really) as we just decided at the weekend to have a quick go at TTC. We got married last year and are very 50/50 on the whole babies/childless thing, but we figure that if we do have them we want to do it while we're relatively young so might as well try it now!

We have a family occasion abroad next summer that would be impossible to go to if we conceived from August onwards (well August would be ok, September-November) so we decided last weekend to try for July, and if nothing happens leave it for a few months/until next year. However I think we might have decided to try too late in my cycle, a tracking app suggests that Ovulation was most likely around July 4th, we didn't ditch contraception until the weekend just gone. BUT I think the app could be way out and that I ovulated around the weekend just gone!

We have no health issues, I wasn't on the pill so didn't have to wait for that to leave my system, we don't smoke, don't drink too much, exercise quite a bit, I have regular cycles, so all of this has OF COURSE given me a totally false sense that it just has to happen the first time we have unprotected sex! In the 13 years I've been sexually active I have never once had sex without a condom, never forgot, never had one tear etc, have had two instances where my period was late but no real pregnancy scares, so I'm quietly hopeful that it might work first go, which I know is crazy really.

Sorry this is a really long post, I really want to talk to somebody while I'm on the two week wait but don't want to tell anyone in real life! If we were going to be consistently TTC from now on there are two friends that are like my sisters that I would tell, one just had a baby and the other is also trying/not preventing, but I don't want to tell them this month and then have the one with the baby asking me good naturedly every month if we had any luck yet! So I'm just pouring it all out here for now :blush:

So, the app says my period is due in 5 days, I don't think it is, I would say more like 8 days, so we'll see. I don't know how I'd feel either way, because we jumped headlong into this decision quite fast (literally chatted about it very late Saturday night and tried Sunday morning!) I have already said to my husband "what might we have just done??!", as we are so not ready for kids but as I said we should start now in terms of fertility and not wanting to be too old starting.

Thanks to anyone who read this far :happydance: Just need to figure out how to survive the next week waiting!

Well...welcome honey and best of luck to you. I truly hope you are lucky and it happens on the first try. Most of us in here are not that lucky. I'm going on 3 years now...it sucks. But I'm hanging in there and believe it will happen eventually so i wish you all the best in it happening on your first try. :hugs:

Thanks so much, lacanadienne!!! Yup, we just found out on Wednesday. We are absolutely over the moon. I'm feeling much more "pregnant" this time around that last time, if that makes any sense. My symptoms are much more pronounced, and I also got stronger test results, so I'm feeling more optimistic. :thumbup:

Fx that you will O soon! I hope this will be the lucky cycle for you!

Phoenix, that will be so exciting having your 6-week checkup. Will you have an ultrasound that day?

I am meeting my OB on Wednesday, when I will be 5 weeks. I don't really know what to expect.

littlegirl87, are you around? I hope all is well with you!

Happy Friday to all the lovely ladies on this thread! :flower:

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance:

Hey hun

So there's a sac for baby and a yolk sac, baby is just not big enough to see yet.

I panicked and thought that was the worse news ever but the nurse said it's exactly what she expects to see based on my dates.

So I have to go back a week Friday

Thank you for asking - very kind of you x

This is great news. Keep holding on to FAITH and HOPE!!!

Well...welcome honey and best of luck to you. I truly hope you are lucky and it happens on the first try. Most of us in here are not that lucky. I'm going on 3 years now...it sucks. But I'm hanging in there and believe it will happen eventually so i wish you all the best in it happening on your first try. :hugs:

Thank you. It didn't happen our first month, but it doesn't hurt to be crazily optimistic about exciting new things! :) Normally I'm a pessimist so I thought I'd try the opposite for once and see how that went. AF did come the day the app predicted (which bugged me for some crazy reason, clearly me and my cycle are very average though!), so now we know that we missed ovulation by quite a few days. We'll try again next month, then we'll have to leave it for a few months and try "for reals" next year and see what happens.

Good luck, lithodora!
FF has determined I o'ed on CD16, so that means I'm 3DPO today. Yay for ovulating before I go away! Trying not to get too carried away, but I'm optimistic since we hit all three days before o, o and one day past. I'm just so ready to be pregnant! It has been a trying year at work, and I'm ready for some good news.

lacana - Good luck and have a good time when you "go away" (I'm assuming on vacation!) - Sorry, I'm new to B&B and still finding my way around the forums. :)

lacana - Good luck and have a good time when you "go away" (I'm assuming on vacation!) - Sorry, I'm new to B&B and still finding my way around the forums. :)

Thanks hmmohrma. I'm going for training actually, but will be gone 9 days, so I was glad the timing worked out. Which cycle are you on, and where in your cycle? This is my 6th cycle TTC.

Thanks hmmohrma. I'm going for training actually, but will be gone 9 days, so I was glad the timing worked out. Which cycle are you on, and where in your cycle? This is my 6th cycle TTC.

lacanadienne - I am actually only in my 2nd cycle. I've been with my DH for 9 years, and we were married in January. I stopped taking bc in January, but I am a teacher so we waited to honeymoon until June when school was out. We did not want to conceive before the honeymoon, so last month the first that we actually ttc. After AF was two days late I tested and had a BFP...but two days later the line was much lighter when I tested again and I started cramping, spotting, clotting, and then bleeding that afternoon. That all happened last week, and I went to the doctor yesterday and she cleaned out the last bit of blood. The point of all of this detail is that I'm not positive where I am in my cycle. If I go by the first day I started bleeding, I'm on day 6. But I'm not sure it works that way since it was not regular AF bleeding. Really new to this world, and I am hoping for a healthy and sticky bean soon. Everyone I know that has children (family and friends) weren't even trying when they conceived, so it's difficult to talk to any of them bout what I'm going through right now. So glad I found this forum. Safe travels!

on Thursday 29th may had a proper period 5-7days,but then on Friday 18th July started thought I started my period very heavy (which is normal for me) but only heavy for that day, satarday 19th July spotting by the 20th July nothing?? So I don't understand please help, within the months me and my partner did have intercourse but not sure of dates. Did take pregnancy tests bak then and again not sure when but was all neg ... Please help. It would be nice if I was as been trying for long time, just don't want to get m

lacanadienne - I am actually only in my 2nd cycle. I've been with my DH for 9 years, and we were married in January. I stopped taking bc in January, but I am a teacher so we waited to honeymoon until June when school was out. We did not want to conceive before the honeymoon, so last month the first that we actually ttc. After AF was two days late I tested and had a BFP...but two days later the line was much lighter when I tested again and I started cramping, spotting, clotting, and then bleeding that afternoon. That all happened last week, and I went to the doctor yesterday and she cleaned out the last bit of blood. The point of all of this detail is that I'm not positive where I am in my cycle. If I go by the first day I started bleeding, I'm on day 6. But I'm not sure it works that way since it was not regular AF bleeding. Really new to this world, and I am hoping for a healthy and sticky bean soon. Everyone I know that has children (family and friends) weren't even trying when they conceived, so it's difficult to talk to any of them bout what I'm going through right now. So glad I found this forum. Safe travels!

Oh I know the feeling about being a teacher, as I am one. Also know the feeling of being surrounded by people who didn't have any trouble conceiving. I have not had a m/c, but I hear it can take a little longer to get back on track. That being said, you have a good chance at a sticky bean in the next three cycles. Fxed for you.

Thank you. It didn't happen our first month, but it doesn't hurt to be crazily optimistic about exciting new things! :) Normally I'm a pessimist so I thought I'd try the opposite for once and see how that went. AF did come the day the app predicted (which bugged me for some crazy reason, clearly me and my cycle are very average though!), so now we know that we missed ovulation by quite a few days. We'll try again next month, then we'll have to leave it for a few months and try "for reals" next year and see what happens.

well good luck honey! sorry it didn't happen on the first go but yes, it for sure DOESN'T hurt to be crazily optimistic about exciting new things!!! :hugs:

Thanks for this! This is my husband's and my first, amd according to my LH tests I O'd either Saturday or yesterday! So, technically I guess we are now in the 2ww for the first time; this is our first cycle ttc. We put a lot of thought into this, so I'm super excited!

Good luck to everyone else here- I'm excited to hear your stories!

Just WAITING for AF to show so I can FINALLY start Clomid.......grrrrrr

Little girl, that must be so frustrating for you, but it looks like your period finally started. Fxed that the Clomid helps! I am still out of town, but have been checking the forum periodically.

I don't know if I should be posting this right here, but I am very excited because I got a very faint positive yesterday at 11dpo. I am really hoping my eyes are not playing tricks on me, but I'm still kind of nervous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->