Welcome to Trying To Conceive #1

I only joined here recently as we decided in mid July to ttc, and today I got a BFP!! In absolute shock, it's still very early obviously (14dpo) but, wow.

Best of luck to everyone else on this thread xx

Wow...congrats!

Hey everyone! I want to write a post to everyone and let you know that if you stay positive, good things will happen.

And please ease up on the chemical crap these Fertility clinics pump us with. I've found that it really just messed me up and added to my stress within my own mind and in my marriage.

Stay positive and patient

Hi everyone.

I'm new here. My husband and I are on cycle 5 of TTC our first baby. AF is due in 3 days (booo) and I am not too hopeful because DH started a new job last month that put him on the exact opposite schedule from mine which means we don't get a lot of time together right now.

It really came as a shock to me how difficult TTC can be and the crazy range of emotions you can feel in two weeks! It feels like every pregnant woman I know IRL got pregnant just by looking at their spouse... Really keeping my fingers crossed for all of us!

Hi everyone.

I'm new here. My husband and I are on cycle 5 of TTC our first baby. AF is due in 3 days (booo) and I am not too hopeful because DH started a new job last month that put him on the exact opposite schedule from mine which means we don't get a lot of time together right now.

It really came as a shock to me how difficult TTC can be and the crazy range of emotions you can feel in two weeks! It feels like every pregnant woman I know IRL got pregnant just by looking at their spouse... Really keeping my fingers crossed for all of us!

I completely agree. I was shocked too by how difficult TTC can be especially when they scare you in school and make you think that you can get pregnant just by sitting next to a boy. We've been TTC for 7 months now and during that time I found out I have PCOS and was put on Clomid.

I gone through the roller coaster of thinking that lurking on this site is making me crazy during the TWW to desparately needing an outlet for all the crazy baby obsessing im going through and being so thankful to have found it! lol!

Baby dust to us all:dust:

Hi All.

I'm new to this site. I am on my first cycle of TTC. DH and I are part of a conception study at my university, so I'm already charting like crazy, even though I always said I didn't want to chart for the first few cycles. But I have loved it because knowledge is power! ...or maybe it just keeps me from going crazy, haha.

I'm 9 DPO today, and I expect AF on the 23. Per the study, I shouldn't take my pregnancy test til the 27, but I just don't think I'll be able to wait! I seriously underestimated the TWW before I started this whole process! Every time I feel anything at all in my lower abdomen I anxiously wonder whether it's implantation, when it's probably just indigestion. :pizza: :winkwink:

It's an exciting time and I'm excited to be a part of this sisterhood with you lovely ladies! :hug:

welcome to all the newbies and best of luck!!! I'm rooting for all of you!!!

:dust: :dust: :dust:

Hello everyone!

I'm very new to all of this and still trying to figure everything out! I stopped my BC on 9/19 and am CD5 right now. I'm nervous because I really don't know what it's like to not be on BC so I have no idea what my cycles will be like! I only had my period for 6 months, but it was so heavy that my hgb would drop really low and I would pass out so my doctor put me on BC at that time. Now that my husband and I are ready to have a baby, we want it yesterday, so I'm already trying to work on patient since it could take a while. Good luck to everyone :)

It's hard but patience and finding something to distract you from going crazy helps. Good luck!

Hi ladies I'm not sure if I'm posting this correctly, my husband and I are currently trying to conceive, and I just wanted to know you ladies opinion on the Clearblue Ovulation Kit. We were expecting back in February but I had a miscarriage in March. We did the right thing and listened to the doctor when he said to wait 3 months and start trying again. Ever since then we have been trying and I am starting to feel like nothing is going to happen and so is my husband, every time my monthly comes my husband gets a little heart broken. So finally this month I decided to purchase the Clearblue Ovulation Kit after reading reviews. I purchased it on Friday and took it as soon as I got home. The result was negative. Saturday morning I didn't take the test because I was feeling a little down thinking it wasn't working. So on Sunday I started looking more into it and reading more reviews, I was a little skeptical and didn't want to take the test so finally I decided to give it another try and there was a smiley face that meant these are my best 2 days to TTC. I hope that this works and we can finally have our fist baby. Is there anyone out there that has gone through the same thing? or has taken the ovulation kit? did it work? Please help

I used them for about 3 cycles and didnt get pregnant so i turned to temping and reading TCOYF and realized i like temping and using opks at the same time....i found out your body could prepare to O but stall in Oing for a few days. When i used the CB opks for two cycles i would get smileys on day 10 (my LP is 13 days and those two cycles were about 33-35 days long). When I temped for the first time last cycle i know I Oed CD21. So basically I say do not rely just on the opks.

Hi ladies I'm not sure if I'm posting this correctly, my husband and I are currently trying to conceive, and I just wanted to know you ladies opinion on the Clearblue Ovulation Kit. We were expecting back in February but I had a miscarriage in March. We did the right thing and listened to the doctor when he said to wait 3 months and start trying again. Ever since then we have been trying and I am starting to feel like nothing is going to happen and so is my husband, every time my monthly comes my husband gets a little heart broken. So finally this month I decided to purchase the Clearblue Ovulation Kit after reading reviews. I purchased it on Friday and took it as soon as I got home. The result was negative. Saturday morning I didn't take the test because I was feeling a little down thinking it wasn't working. So on Sunday I started looking more into it and reading more reviews, I was a little skeptical and didn't want to take the test so finally I decided to give it another try and there was a smiley face that meant these are my best 2 days to TTC. I hope that this works and we can finally have our fist baby. Is there anyone out there that has gone through the same thing? or has taken the ovulation kit? did it work? Please help

I'm sorry for your loss honey. They suck! There's no other way to explain them. I've had 3 myself. I do the opk's every month that i'm not doing a medicated cycle. You do them about 4 or 5 days before you think you're going to ovulate to make sure you don't miss the surge. Once you get that positive, you will most likely ovulate within 24-40 hours so time to get busy. :) I love the clear blue the best because you don't have to guess. I hated trying to guess if a second line was as dark or darker than the control line. Blah! So best of luck to you girl and i hope this cycle is it for you!

Hi there
I always read this website but don't actually post very much. I am 34, husband 34 . Married for 7 years and TTC for 7 months. Finally it happened!! We are pregnant!
We used the clear blue advanced ovulation kit and found it very helpful. Also the dollar general hcg ( 1$) test gave us a positive before the expensive ones .
Best of luck!!

I used them for about 3 cycles and didnt get pregnant so i turned to temping and reading TCOYF and realized i like temping and using opks at the same time....i found out your body could prepare to O but stall in Oing for a few days. When i used the CB opks for two cycles i would get smileys on day 10 (my LP is 13 days and those two cycles were about 33-35 days long). When I temped for the first time last cycle i know I Oed CD21. So basically I say do not rely just on the opks.

I agree with this post - do not rely on them alone.

Hi there
I always read this website but don't actually post very much. I am 34, husband 34 . Married for 7 years and TTC for 7 months. Finally it happened!! We are pregnant!
We used the clear blue advanced ovulation kit and found it very helpful. Also the dollar general hcg ( 1$) test gave us a positive before the expensive ones .
Best of luck!!

Wow, CONGRATS!!! That is amazing news!!!

Hi there
Best of luck!!

I'm a little jealous it only took you 7 months. Althoug...it did take us only 4 months to get pregnant with our first and then we lost it at 10+3; then got pregnant again not quite a year later but lost that one too, then preggers again 5 months later with twins and lost them too BUT we did get pregnant so just have to hold on to that. WE haven't had a positive test since January 2013. It really sucks.

Hi there
Best of luck!!

I'm a little jealous it only took you 7 months. Althoug...it did take us only 4 months to get pregnant with our first and then we lost it at 10+3; then got pregnant again not quite a year later but lost that one too, then preggers again 5 months later with twins and lost them too BUT we did get pregnant so just have to hold on to that. WE haven't had a positive test since January 2013. It really sucks.

oh no so sorry, to hear about your losses :nope::flower:

Hi there
Best of luck!!

That sounds like a horrible thing to have to go through, especially that many times. I didn't know it was very common until after reading about it so much on here.

Well, I am a new member ttc my first child.
This is my first month ttc, and I ovulated yesterday I think(Day 16)
I did IVI at home on days 9, 11, 13, and 14.
In prep, I quit smoking almost 2 months ago and started taking a multivitamin.

Is it possible to feel signs before a pregnancy test?
I don't know if I'm just over analyzing this whole thing.. I can't get off google..:wacko:

I am also a new member. My husband and I just started trying and I have been quite obsessive as well. Looking for signs everywhere I can, I believe (and hope) this is normal. I quit smoking a while back and also started taking a prenatal vitamin. It is so exciting, but I am already so anxious!

Thank you!! I am so sorry to hear about your losses and wish you the best of luck in the future :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->