Welcome to Trying To Conceive #1

Hi,
My husband and I just got married early June, but we have been ttc for nearly three years now. We have been together for 6 years.
I was on birth control for the first three years, then we moved and I lost my insurance. I decided to go without and use comdoms. That's when I discovered my highly irregular cycles. I had one period after coming off birth control, then nothing for 10 months. I visited the doctor after 6 months and was diagnosed with PCOS after blood work and an ultrasound.
Fast forward to now. I've started taking Metformin, I worked hard and lost 45lbs and have had two cycles in a row that were 35 days apart. I'm hoping that the medication, weight loss, diet changes and vitamins are helping me ovulate regularly agin. This is the first month in over a year I've decided to seriously try to conceive. I have been taking my temp and started yesterday using an opk. So far I have no ovulated, but I don't expect to until this weekend if my cycles are in fact regulating.
It's frustrating to see so many of my friends get pregnant with their first, then second and some their third. I'm running out of childless friends! I love spending time with their children, but it does hurt at times. All of these "oops" babies when I'd love nothing more than that to happen!

Hi,
My husband and I just got married early June, but we have been ttc for nearly three years now. We have been together for 6 years.
I was on birth control for the first three years, then we moved and I lost my insurance. I decided to go without and use comdoms. That's when I discovered my highly irregular cycles. I had one period after coming off birth control, then nothing for 10 months. I visited the doctor after 6 months and was diagnosed with PCOS after blood work and an ultrasound.
Fast forward to now. I've started taking Metformin, I worked hard and lost 45lbs and have had two cycles in a row that were 35 days apart. I'm hoping that the medication, weight loss, diet changes and vitamins are helping me ovulate regularly agin. This is the first month in over a year I've decided to seriously try to conceive. I have been taking my temp and started yesterday using an opk. So far I have no ovulated, but I don't expect to until this weekend if my cycles are in fact regulating.
It's frustrating to see so many of my friends get pregnant with their first, then second and some their third. I'm running out of childless friends! I love spending time with their children, but it does hurt at times. All of these "oops" babies when I'd love nothing more than that to happen!

I feel your pain with this. All of my friends have pregnancies they never asked for or wanted.. they just learn to cope as time goes by.. when people like you and I have to time everything out just perfectly, just for a what-if..

But it will feel just that much more special when it does happen :) got to stay positive!

Congrats TTC, exciting!!!!!! let's keep this movement going!

PLEASE GOD LET THIS BE IT FOR US! We want to bring this one home. 3 years, 4 losses...it's time. :cloud9:

Hello everyone,
This is our first month trying to get pregnant. I was on the pill for approximately 10 years. I have been off for three months, and I have had two periods 8/20, 9/20.They were both about 7 days making my cycle 30 days. I started using first response opk when it said to and I have attached my photo below. Are my two most recent positive tests? There are not FMU, and I decreased fluid intake.

I also started using clear blue digital advanced 4 days ago, which was much later than the package said to start. I have had three days of flashing smilies. I am wondering if the digital test is even reliable since I started it so late in my cycle?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read/answer. It's so hard being new to this and learning everything!

Attachments

• 2014-10-08 16.04.42.jpg
    2014-10-08 16.04.42.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 2014-10-08 16.06.11.jpg
    2014-10-08 16.06.11.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 2014-10-08 16.08.55.jpg
    2014-10-08 16.08.55.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 7
Hello everyone,
This is our first month trying to get pregnant. I was on the pill for approximately 10 years. I have been off for three months, and I have had two periods 8/20, 9/20.They were both about 7 days making my cycle 30 days. I started using first response opk when it said to and I have attached my photo below. Are my two most recent positive tests? There are not FMU, and I decreased fluid intake.

I also started using clear blue digital advanced 4 days ago, which was much later than the package said to start. I have had three days of flashing smilies. I am wondering if the digital test is even reliable since I started it so late in my cycle?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read/answer. It's so hard being new to this and learning everything!

Hi Kraes16,

You and I are pretty much going through the same stage! I have also just come off the pill after 10 years and TTC during 3rd cycle off the pill.

I can't help you with the first response tests but I am using the CB digital. I started testing on Monday and got an empty circle (apparently this is default for first time) and then straight to peak on Tues, which makes sense as am pretty sure I was having ovulation pains over the next few days too. From other threads I've read about CB digital I think that if you test late/after ovulation that you will still get a high/peak reading until your hormones drop again? But I'm a newbie and could be wrong?! I actually started testing earlier than recommended and I'm glad I did because I would have missed my peak otherwise. My cycle is all over the place so it's tricky...

Anyway, good luck! I'm feeling new and overwhelmed too, nice to know I'm not the only one :)

Hello everyone,

Last cycle I used CBD Advanced. I went from few days of blank circle to solid face immediately. Never seen the flashing face. I have used a total of 8 tests last cycle since i only test once.

This cycle, i tried the 2-line opks and decided to use the remaining CBD Advance i have and tested twice a day around 11:30 am and 10:30 pm. This time i saw the complete transition on CBD from blank, flashing and solid face. I got flashing face for 3 and a half days. Please refer to the photo below regarding my OPKs. And oh, i starter super early because i have irregular cycle. This cycle had me the latest Ovulation...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 6
Hello everyone,

Last cycle I used CBD Advanced. I went from few days of blank circle to solid face immediately. Never seen the flashing face. I have used a total of 8 tests last cycle since i only test once.

This cycle, i tried the 2-line opks and decided to use the remaining CBD Advance i have and tested twice a day around 11:30 am and 10:30 pm. This time i saw the complete transition on CBD from blank, flashing and solid face. I got flashing face for 3 and a half days. Please refer to the photo below regarding my OPKs. And oh, i starter super early because i have irregular cycle. This cycle had me the latest Ovulation...

That's exciting!!:flower: You are so patient! But it definitely paid off, congrats!

Thanks for the response!! Good idea to start early so the digital can get to know you better! I am unsure about blinking smilies after ovulation...I think I'm going to just use clear blue easy next time if needed!!

Thanks for the response!! Good idea to start early so the digital can get to know you better! I am unsure about blinking smilies after ovulation...I think I'm going to just use clear blue easy next time if needed!!

Blinking smiley measures estrogen surge prior to LH surge where you'll get a solid smiley. I read a couple of articles/forums that there's a second estrogen surge after O (resulting to fallback rise in temping) maybe that's the reason why you get a blinking smiley after O but im not an expert. :haha: i never tested again with digital after getting the solid smiley...

FX for you hun.

Hi everyone,

Hoping to gain some insight into whether I am experiencing IB at the moment..right now I think I'd be roughly 5 DPO on CD 20 and today noticed some faint light pink CM.. my cycles are all over the place post-pill (last cycle 37 days, 32 before that) but I'm not really expecting AF so soon.

I don't want to get my hopes up but I haven't experienced anything like this before. Having said that, I've been on the pill for 10 years so bloody EVERYTHING (e.g. ovulation cramps, uneven cycles) seems new and odd...

Took a CB digital test on CD 16 and it went straight to peak after a default empty circle when testing for the first time the day before.

Would love to know what people think. Thank you :)

SO EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Had blood test done last night and it came back positive.... Also asked for beta, will be getting the result tonight....

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

This is so exciting!!! I'm sharing in your joy!!! Your first beta was great. My first one was 100 something, my second was 300 something and my 3rd a week later was 3,067! My doc's office said that was awesome. So yay for both of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Had blood test done last night and it came back positive.... Also asked for beta, will be getting the result tonight....

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

This is so exciting!!! I'm sharing in your joy!!! Your first beta was great. My first one was 100 something, my second was 300 something and my 3rd a week later was 3,067! My doc's office said that was awesome. So yay for both of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks... So excited about my second beta tomorrow.... Will keep you updated... You may wanna follow my journal i keep updating there specifically the first page. Guessing maybe your's is a boy. I'm thinking mine is high because maybe it's a girl. Chinese gender prediction says so as well... Anyhow, we're just happy for this wonderful blessing..... Gonna follow your journey as well...

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->