Welcome to Trying To Conceive #1

Hi guys!

I am currently 25, I have super regular periods and have been taking fertility boosters. My hubby and I are trying to conceive and this would be our first month TTC and it's a little scary because of all the stress that it will take more time or that I am unable to conceive. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated! Baby dust to all you guys! :D

Hello ladies,

Im new here but i want to see if maybe i can get opinions from all you. Im trying to conceive but how do i know if I’m ovulating? Dr told me which days i would be ovulating but Im on the first day he told me BUT i tested twice today and according to test it says I don’t have LH

Any suggestions?

Hi guys!

I am currently 25, I have super regular periods and have been taking fertility boosters. My hubby and I are trying to conceive and this would be our first month TTC and it's a little scary because of all the stress that it will take more time or that I am unable to conceive. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated! Baby dust to all you guys! :D

My advice is to breathe and try not to get too stressed out. There is a good chance it will take more than one month to conceive. Don't let this get you down. Most women have to try more than one month. Up to a year is normal, but I'm hoping very hard that your TTC journey will be very short and sweet.

My main pointer is to make sure you keep having sex past ovulation. If you're not tracking your cycle, then you want to make sure you're actually catching ovulation. Lots of women say that they realized that they were completely missing ovulation when they first started TTC. Sometimes it can happen earlier or later than we anticipate, even with regular cycles, so making sure to cover all the bases is important.

Hello ladies,

Im new here but i want to see if maybe i can get opinions from all you. Im trying to conceive but how do i know if I’m ovulating? Dr told me which days i would be ovulating but Im on the first day he told me BUT i tested twice today and according to test it says I don’t have LH

Any suggestions?

Drs will go off of a regular 28 day cycle and most women don't exactly fit that model. I say, ignore the doctor because he doesn't know your body. (Seriously, ignore him.)

I would continue to track your ovulation. Keep testing and if you have a load of internet cheapies, you can test twice a day until you get your positive.

If you notice your cervical mucus changing and becoming more watery, that's a good sigh ovulation is approaching. At your most fertile, fight before ov, you should get the egg-white CM. That's a good sign that you need to get your DH in bed and BD. Some women get ovulation pains in the ovary they're ovulating from too. I should say, some women don't get much in the way of CM, but there should still be a noticeable difference when you're in your fertile period.

In general, I would start BDing after AF is gone, every other day, and once you get a positive opk, you can go every day until it goes negative again or keep it at every other day if that works better for you. You'll still catch an egg that way. But, continuing to BD is essential, even if you space it out to every two days. You might ovulate much later than expected, so you don't want to miss your surge.

After ovulation, you might notice that your temperature rises. I like to check with the back of my hand on my back. It feels much warmer after I pop an egg. The temp rise has to continue for three days to confirm ov. I temp though, so I have ovulation confirmed that way.

Anyway, good luck this cycle!! I hope this is it for you! Keep BDing until you get that surge!

My advice is to breathe and try not to get too stressed out. There is a good chance it will take more than one month to conceive. Don't let this get you down. Most women have to try more than one month. Up to a year is normal, but I'm hoping very hard that your TTC journey will be very short and sweet.

My main pointer is to make sure you keep having sex past ovulation. If you're not tracking your cycle, then you want to make sure you're actually catching ovulation. Lots of women say that they realized that they were completely missing ovulation when they first started TTC. Sometimes it can happen earlier or later than we anticipate, even with regular cycles, so making sure to cover all the bases is important.
Thank you so much for your help…

Another thing, i forgot to mention is that i also have hypothyroid and I’m controlling it as of now. I hadn’t had my period in about 3 months so dr gave me a shot to get my period and i did, i then started some medication on the 5th-9th day of my period together with a medication that makes me fertile. for 21 days I’m barely on my 10th day of my fertile medication. he gave me a window that he said i would be fertile and I’ve been feeling like cramps so I’m thinking i am ovulating but test says no LH so that gets me confused

Hello ladies,

Any suggestions?

Drs will go off of a regular 28 day cycle and most women don't exactly fit that model. I say, ignore the doctor because he doesn't know your body. (Seriously, ignore him.)

I would continue to track your ovulation. Keep testing and if you have a load of internet cheapies, you can test twice a day until you get your positive.

If you notice your cervical mucus changing and becoming more watery, that's a good sigh ovulation is approaching. At your most fertile, fight before ov, you should get the egg-white CM. That's a good sign that you need to get your DH in bed and BD. Some women get ovulation pains in the ovary they're ovulating from too. I should say, some women don't get much in the way of CM, but there should still be a noticeable difference when you're in your fertile period.

In general, I would start BDing after AF is gone, every other day, and once you get a positive opk, you can go every day until it goes negative again or keep it at every other day if that works better for you. You'll still catch an egg that way. But, continuing to BD is essential, even if you space it out to every two days. You might ovulate much later than expected, so you don't want to miss your surge.

After ovulation, you might notice that your temperature rises. I like to check with the back of my hand on my back. It feels much warmer after I pop an egg. The temp rise has to continue for three days to confirm ov. I temp though, so I have ovulation confirmed that way.

Anyway, good luck this cycle!! I hope this is it for you! Keep BDing until you get that surge!

Thank you so much for your help…

Another thing, i forgot to mention is that i also have hypothyroid and I’m controlling it as of now. I hadn’t had my period in about 3 months so dr gave me a shot to get my period and i did, i then started some medication on the 5th-9th day of my period together with a medication that makes me fertile. for 21 days I’m barely on my 10th day of my fertile medication. he gave me a window that he said i would be fertile and I’ve been feeling like cramps so I’m thinking i am ovulating but test says no LH so that gets me confused

We have been TTC since September. I had several positive tests last month, only to end up with a weird period. This month my period started on 12/7. Ovulation happened on time, on 12/21. Since 12/26 I have noticed a lot of very wet cm. However, yesterday (9DPO) I woke up and had A TON of ewcm. Confused, I did lots of internet research, and went home and took another ovulation test. It came back negative. I took another one 3 hours later (because I just felt the need to) and it came back with a Similie face. (I am using ClearBlue Digital). So what does this mean? Could the ovulation test be wrong? I took two pregnancy tests today and they both came back negative. Today I am still having a mixture of wet and ewcm. I’ve had really no symptoms but a crampy stomach that is more gurgly than normal and a headache the other day. Today I feel a little bloated and have mild cramps like AF is coming….any insight would be greatly appreciated. I’m lost on this emotional roller coaster.

Hi,

I am a Fraternal twin and my husband and I will starting TTC for our first child. My first cousins are triplets and my cousin just had fraternal twins, so twins do run in my family on my mothers side of the family. I wanted to know if anybody has taken Sweet Cassava, Folic acid up to 4,000 mcg daily and Vitex pills to increase your chances of twins. I would like a boy and an girl, but I will take anything that's going to healthy LOL. Has anybody tried ForeverBlessedTwins Cassava or Cassava Shop. Which one is better? Or should I tried eating Cassava Chips? While TTC did anyone use Preseed Fertility Lubrication and how did it work for you? Please let me know and explain details.:winkwink:

Hello, I am new to this but thought it may help. My husband and I have been ttc for 2 years. It seems,like such a long road that never ends. This month started my 4 month in Clomid and that's just the beginning of the list. I am also on Decadron from days 8-17 along with 1 tsp of robitussin three times a day during the same 10 days. This month my doctor also added Crinone for the last two weeks of my cycle. Has anyone else had all this medication and had a successful pregnancy?

I have kept track of my temps before and it seems accurate. It does need to be taken at the same time every morning before you get out of bed. If you have an ovulation app/tracker on your phone they usually have a part where you can track it. It should happen after you see a spike in your temapature.

Hello, I am new to this but thought it may help. My husband and I have been ttc for 2 years. It seems,like such a long road that never ends. This month started my 4 month in Clomid and that's just the beginning of the list. I am also on Decadron from days 8-17 along with 1 tsp of robitussin three times a day during the same 10 days. This month my doctor also added Crinone for the last two weeks of my cycle. Has anyone else had all this medication and had a successful pregnancy?

Any advise?

Hi everyone!

I'm 28, I got married last year, and after some months of NTNP, this was our first month TTC our baby #1.

After a test a couple of days ago that really looked like a BFP, between yesterday and today I got 3 negatives in a row... which most likely means that our first try didn't do the trick.

Nice to meet you all! :)

I am super impatient. My hubby and I decided to try for a baby. I tested this morning on FMU. Used FRER. I swear that there is a shadow of a line where the positive should be. Due for AF on the 11th or 12th.

I have had Nausea on and off, frequent urination, stuffing my face constantly. Cervix is low and very soft. Creamy white CM, a bit sticky no smell or itching. Break outs as well and vivid dreams for the last few nights. Had some dull cramping in lower abdomen and lower back 3 days ago. Also some slight twinges of pain on my left side 2 days ago. None since then.

Before AF I usually get very sore breasts and REALLY crabby. Nothing so far.

With my daughter 5 years ago I had the shadow of a line show up with a generic Walmart test around the same time period and then used a CB digital the next day and it was BFP.....any thoughts?!
I'm so desperate to know that I tried the homemade preg test I found online. LOL this did not help ease my mind.

I will be so sad if that darn AF arrives!

Thank you all in advance

Hi everyone!

I'm 28, I got married last year, and after some months of NTNP, this was our first month TTC our baby #1.

After a test a couple of days ago that really looked like a BFP, between yesterday and today I got 3 negatives in a row... which most likely means that our first try didn't do the trick.

Nice to meet you all! :)
I'm 28 also! (Turn 29 in 2 months though! D: ) Got married Apr 2014! Been NTNP the last 6 months, and on no BC the last 3 years. Considering my mom's side of the family all had kids really easy when they were really young, it's suprising I haven't gotten pregnant yet. But I'm a lot older than they were at the time.

Newwb- is there a word legend for terms used on the forum? Thankss!! I look forward to peeing on sticks with you gurls!! 9 dpo

I'm new to the forum, so forgive me if I'm not getting verbiage right.
Husband and I have been trying for 6 months. Recently starred using the app called ovia. It tells me I should test in 10 days. Anyone else use this app? How accurate do you think it is?

Hi Jdrewry I am new here too. Have heard about Ovia app, haven't used it. Im using Clue app now. Hi Boognishrises, I would like the legend too. I have been charting temps since last nov trying to understand my cycle. Just not able to predict my ovulation accurately.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-02-08 at 5.55.12 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2016-02-08 at 5.55.12 PM.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 0
Does anyone have any ideas to cope with the crippling depression? I've been through the hospital now for 6n years and counting (will be 7 years in november) but they don't seem to be any closer finding out what is wrong with me. I've lost 6+1/2 stone and then some so down to 10st 12lb as advised by the hosp but they still don't know if its PCOS i have or not i've got no real signs just heavy and painful periods every month but nothing else i'm loosing hope that i'll ever have a baby and my IVF window is closing rapidly. Any ideas will be greatly received!!! :cry::cry:

Has anyone had a cluster headache and one red ear? I am 16 DPO, tested yesterday and BFN. AF is due in 2 days, but the ear and headache are kind of freaking me out a little as I have never had them.:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->