Welcome to Trying To Conceive #1

hi girlies, i was on depo for a year and half and me and my fiancee decided to ttc with our first after he got back from afghan in feb, my last injection was december '10 and i have a regular periods! but no luck ttc yet. i have booked to see the doctors, any tips for me?

So I got my HCG levels back today. They went from 7884 on thursday to over 21000 yesterday. They say this is a good sign? I dont know much about this lol i do know I have a kidney stone, and i am not having a good time at all.

So Im CD10 & using OPK until I ovulate, which I think will be Sunday....fingers crossed for the long 2ww, feel like knocking it on the head for a bit its stressing us both out we're so busy at work, but I didn't realise until now how badly I want a BFP!!! Been TTC since last July & becoming disheartened .....

So Im CD10 & using OPK until I ovulate, which I think will be Sunday....fingers crossed for the long 2ww, feel like knocking it on the head for a bit its stressing us both out we're so busy at work, but I didn't realise until now how badly I want a BFP!!! Been TTC since last July & becoming disheartened .....

I know what you mean Baby Mac! I didn't realize how much I wanted a baby until we started trying and now it is all I can ever think about. It's very difficult to stay positive sometimes. However, staying positive is better for your body and less stress which in the long run should help us conceive quicker. Well at least that is the philosophy I am trying to have. Some days are better then others I guess. Keep your chin up :winkwink:

Hi everyone, I Am new on here and am just desperate for some advice. My partner and I are TTC. I came off of the pill in July and have only had two periods since. One was in November and one was in January. Still no luck with a positive result. Any recommendations on if I should visit the doctors to get my hormones checked etc??? I don't want them to think I am wasting their time as normally they recommend it can take a healthy couple up to a year?

Hello,

I am new to this but not exactly new to TTC. My partner and I are trying for our first but having been trying for 6 months seriously now (CBFM and temping) but for 7 months previous to that without knowing when i ovulated which turned out to be very late (usually CD 23) of what now seems to have settled into a 40 day cycle.

Like Lilyrose20wd said i didn't realise how much i wanted a baby until wee stared tying to conceive and its not 'just happened'. I have load of firends who now have babies and just seem to 'drop on' but not me.

The worst thing is my partner doesn't want us to even tell anyone we're trying so people aren't prying and feeling sorry for us that it's not happening but pretending to people your not or not ready for a baby yet is soul destrying when you're so sad about it each month.

Mimistar not sure i'm qualified to give you advice as its my first but i'd go to Doctors for your own piece of mind - he/she can reassure you if nothing else or investigate if they're worried. Think it possibly depends how long you are on the pill as to how long it can take your body to settle back to normal.

Anyway hello everyone. Sorry if my post sounds so depressing just having a depressing day. Been on TWW and started spotting today. Last two luteal phases been 17/18 days but am spotting on DPO 14- is this normal??? Bit worried and sad at same time.

Thanks Lillyrose, just feels like it happens to everyone else without them even planning it! Ive booked in to get my thyroid levels checked out in case thats something that stopping us from getting a BFP. Meanwhile I'm trying not to get stressed out at work & looking forward to ovulating this week!! ;) Its the 2ww that's the worst bit! Thanks for your support!

Hi Mimistar! Welcome :flower: I think you should go & get checked out to put your mind at ease. I was on the pill for 12 years & came off it in May 2011, didnt get AF in the June, but had one every month since then, ranging between 31 day cycle & 28. Good luck to you both! :dust::dust::dust:

kaydenceleigh -- I would ask for a prenatal checkup complete with blood work if you haven't gotten one already. It's just to make sure everything's normal and ready to go for baby-making :)

"The worst thing is my partner doesn't want us to even tell anyone we're trying so people aren't prying and feeling sorry for us that it's not happening but pretending to people you're not or not ready for a baby yet is soul destroying when you're so sad about it each month." Hopeful335
-- I TOTALLY agree! My DH and I opted to avoid telling people for the first 10 months of ttc but then when people asked "When are you guys having kids?" he was the one to say "we're working on it", which shocked me. But Now that they know, i am afraid that if it takes too long for us to conceive, people will be looking at us funny...

The worst part about ttc for me is seeing people that aren't having problems ttc taking advantage of what they have -- i.e. women who are pregnant taking illegal drugs and chugging back caffeine like no tomorrow. I must live in a strange city to see these kinds of people regularly, but it's heartbreaking! DH and I keep saying "if we had a child we'd do everything we could to make sure they are kept healthy and well taken care of!" Omg don't we sound bitter and angry! haha *sigh* -- can you tell AF is on her way? I'm out this month. Also, I've put my pride away and I've decided to go to the doctor to ask for help ttc.

Thanks for letting me rant ladies <3

RCAFWife I myself feel the same way you do about those who seem to pop those little ones out like its nothing! Many shouldn't even be having baby's. Like you I'm thinking about taking a trip to the doc. However that's what scares me the most. I'm not one that likes the doctor lol. (Don't I sound like an adult) I'm so terrified of the thought that I might not be able to have kids?? After trying for so long, the money that I have spent on kits and test, i just don't know anymore. But I'm not giving up on a family!! My Dh and I are the last of the kids on both sides to not have kids of our own yet, his brother just got married and 1month b4 the wedding he called and told dh they were expecting. I was very happy for them but at the same time i was crushed beyond words. They didnt know how to tell me, as they know all the troubles we have been having ttc. so I feel you on the pressure and all. Best wishes to you!!

Hey all, I need some advice or peace of mind lol. Ever since I got married my period went to a 45 day cycle I've been tracking when I ovulate day 15, im always at least 5 days late on my period and then it starts, I stopped taking hpt becuz I just kept getting discourage after all the negs and expensive. We have been ttc for 5 months nothing except for the major period change. I used to be a 30day cycle. Im just feeling discourage becuz all my friends got pregnant so easily. Any advice would be extremely appreciated thank you in advance. And im very sorry if I don't get the slang lol this is my first post and im new to all this. thank you again

My husband and I have been TTC for 4 years. We finally decided it wasn't going to happen for us and began looking into foster care and eventual adoption. My periods have always been 6-8 months apart. After a lot of negatives I took a test and got a very faint positive. I went to the doctor this morning, 2 days after the positive hpt and it was negative. They did a blood test and I'm waiting for the results. I think I've been experiencing some symptoms but am not sure if it is pregnancy or a health matter. I've been light headed, feeling sick when I stand as if I would vomit, I noticed blue veins around my breasts and my nipples are sore and always hard, I've been extremely dehydrated-constantly thirsty, I have to pee every 5 minutes to a half hour, I've been very moody (more than normal considering I'm bipolar), and I can't asleep at night. Could this finally be it or am I getting a flu or something?

My husband and I have been TTC for 4 years. We finally decided it wasn't going to happen for us and began looking into foster care and eventual adoption. My periods have always been 6-8 months apart. After a lot of negatives I took a test and got a very faint positive. I went to the doctor this morning, 2 days after the positive hpt and it was negative. They did a blood test and I'm waiting for the results. I think I've been experiencing some symptoms but am not sure if it is pregnancy or a health matter. I've been light headed, feeling sick when I stand as if I would vomit, I noticed blue veins around my breasts and my nipples are sore and always hard, I've been extremely dehydrated-constantly thirsty, I have to pee every 5 minutes to a half hour, I've been very moody (more than normal considering I'm bipolar), and I can't asleep at night. Could this finally be it or am I getting a flu or something? Apologies if this posted twice. New to this.

My husband and I have been TTC for 4 years. We finally decided it wasn't going to happen for us and began looking into foster care and eventual adoption. My periods have always been 6-8 months apart. After a lot of negatives I took a test and got a very faint positive. I went to the doctor this morning, 2 days after the positive hpt and it was negative. They did a blood test and I'm waiting for the results. I think I've been experiencing some symptoms but am not sure if it is pregnancy or a health matter. I've been light headed, feeling sick when I stand as if I would vomit, I noticed blue veins around my breasts and my nipples are sore and always hard, I've been extremely dehydrated-constantly thirsty, I have to pee every 5 minutes to a half hour, I've been very moody (more than normal considering I'm bipolar), and I can't asleep at night. Could this finally be it or am I getting a flu or something? Apologies if this posted twice. New to this.

it could be :).....very good signs!.

I'll FX for you. When will you get your results back?!?...

please keep us updated!.

:hugs:

Afternoon ladies,
This is my first time on here as I have just signed up.
I think its great that there are people that you can talk to, who are in the same or similar boat.
I hope someone might be able to advice me as I'm at my witts end, pls bare with me as its kinda long.......right, in 2009 I had an ectopic in my left tube which was then removed, been ttc for the past year but have been obsessed for the last 5 months I have been charting my bbt, cervix, ovulation sticks. My periods are quite regular every 30 days give or take a day. So last month had my regular period on the 3 jan lasted 5 days as usual, then I ovulated between 13 and 18, did the deed 13, 15, 16 and on the 18, after on the 18 I had these shooting twinges, almost like a lightening bolt lol, in my cervix uterus area. The following days I experienced these pinches and dull ache feeling in my uterus mainly to the right occasionally to the left. Tested on the 25 and I got a positive I was over the moon, couldn't stop grinning, then the next day woke up to go wee and there was a bit of blood not much just when I wipe. By the afternoon it was like a full blown period with clots, no different to my normal period. Rang the doc who refered me to the hosp I am considered a risk because of my ectopic. I bled for 4 days, Sunday morning no more blood but still a positive test. Spoke to doc on monday who refered again went hosp did a blood and urine but was negative, they did an ultrasound the internal one, she said she couldn't see anything and that my lining is thick, but could still be early as I was not actually late, I'm due to come on today (2 feb) went back in this morn for a blood test and still negative nt hosp tuesday they did a blood test and urine test which were both negative. But I had a positive this morn and took it with me. OMD, but as its negative their not doing anymore scans. My boobs are sore around the sides not the nip, my uterus still has the pinching, poking and fluttering feeiing. I just don't kno what to do or think. Soo sorry for the long story. But any advise would be greatly appreciated. Also how do you get a ttc buddy.....would love one! O good luck to all of you, hope we all have a lil bean soon. Xxxxxx

Itsmyturn:

Let's both call the doc this week and make appointments. We can go together in a way ;) I watched an episode of Army Wives last night that inspired me -- Roxy went to the doc for ttc troubles and ended up having a simple hormonal imbalance which was corrected by some medication! I know in real life it doesn't always happen like that, but it could be something just as simple affecting our ttc. Ya never know! So let's go :D

To Cogcutie: Have you been charting your fertility signs using fertilityfriend.com or Fertility Awareness Method? I find it really helps to do this so you can see exactly what's going on in your cycle on a daily/monthly basis. You can see when you ovulate and how long your luteal phase is, and be able to tell if your period is truly late or if you're just having a long cycle with late ovulation. You can also tell if you didn't ovulate. If you can get your hands on Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler, it has SO much info that is very helpful for TTCers like us. Hope this helps!

Blessmewith1: Maybe you could try to test at the doctor's in another week or so. Sometimes, the hcg levels aren't high enough to be detected on their tests until you are at least 1-2 weeks past your AF date. But blood tests should detect hcg before an ept/hpt would. At least, that's what my doc told me...

Hya RCAWife, thank ou for the reply. That's exactly what i thought.....its so confusing...I have seen a couple of forums (not here) some woman were actually pregnant but did not test pos untill week 6 or more . I am going to wait to poas till next week.....its so hard as its all I think about.

I have never had a positive pregnancy test until this last cycle. I tested positive on day 30 of my cycle after ovulating on day 19. I am pretty excited, have my last ultrasound after the spotting on monday. will let you all know how it is. (numbers went from 2892 to 7884 to over 21000)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->