Welcome to Trying To Conceive #1

Hi ladies!

So my husband and I just returned from vacation and I am very eager to start our 5th cycle of TTC! AF seems to be really taking her time leaving the building this month. I plan on using OPK starting Monday which will be CD 9. Last cycle I ovulated day 12 but the cycle before that it was CD 17 so I'm not quite sure what my average day is yet and I don't want to miss the egg :)

Good luck to all the new ladies joining the thread :dust:

Hey everyone!
Does anyone know if preseed really does work? Anyone have any friends who got pregs using it? At this point, I'm willing to try anything! lol
I wonder how long it'll take to ship to Canada tho...maybe not in time for this ovulation

Hey everyone!
Does anyone know if preseed really does work? Anyone have any friends who got pregs using it? At this point, I'm willing to try anything! lol
I wonder how long it'll take to ship to Canada tho...maybe not in time for this ovulation

I don't know anybody personally that dhal had success with it, but lots of women on this site swear by it. My husband used it for the first time last month, but we were still unsuccessful. I felt the same way...might as well try everything!:)

Oh ok. Thanks :) I hope it helps. I found a site that is Canadian so I also ordered some ov test and preg test strips. Fx for me!

hope someone can help! stopped my pill about 4, 5 months ago as my partner and i decided we wanted to try for our first baby together, my period is always on time and should of been due yesterday, i know it's only one day late but it is never usually late, took a pregnancy test and it was negative, am i testing to early?

Hey nic18. I heard that sometimes the body takes a few months to return to a normal cycle once birth control pills are stopped. For others, their bodies go back to normal almost immediately. My first month off bc my period was "late" but it showed up a couple days later and the test at the doc's office was negative. But if your cycles off bc have been the same length until now, you could be pregs!! I'd say wait a few more days to test again, like maybe 5 days past when AF would have been due. The HCG needs time to build up to be detected on an HPT :) Fx for you!! We need to see a BFP on here!

Hi all,

I'm so excited to be a part of TLC #1. Had a breakdown tonight, we are on month 3/4 of ttc and BD was starting to feel like a job we had to get over with for the sake of meeting the quota for the month. That plus the let down of feb, as I was 4 days late. Look forward to my BFP and sharing the journey with you all!:friends:

Thank You for creating this Wonderful thread, StirCrazy!! :winkwink:

I definitely wish I was a member back when I was TTC ...trying to conceive!!

shoot! lol! Thank You!!

Sincerely,
ChloeSmith

I feel happy for my friend but really frustrated at the same time my husband and I have been trying to conceive our first baby for over a year now and a friend of ours had our marena takin out last month and her and her husband conceived on their first try :( I think this month we are gonna do the temp. charting again and some opk's cross our fingers and pray if we don't have any luck this month I'm gonna go talk to my doctor

Hi Bettyjquinn, I know that feeling all too well and I'm usually not a jealous person at all.
for someone who's been trying for 3 years now, I have been very patient as friends and colleagues around me have fallen pregnant, either accidentally or on the first try. so just a couple of months ago, went to see my doctor and after a couple of blood tests and consultations she put me on Clomid. started the first round this month! I have everything crossed for testing on 25th! I feel like I have earned it now :)

Hi Funny friend, how long have you been trying. Getting the tests done was the best thing I could have done. I wish I had done it sooner. It gave us an answer to why it was not happening and helped me because I knew I was not mad to be worried. We are now just waiting to find out what process they will use to help us.

Been off the pill for nearly 4 years but we've had a lot of stress etc so we are excluding most of that time! We've got our appointment in May and we then get the results a few weeks after... Fingers crossed! Have you heard anything?

Sending lots of baby dust :kiss:

Agreed! there should be an acronym word sheet for this site so i can finally understand what is being said!!

Agreed! there should be an acronym word sheet for this site so i can finally understand what is being said!!

BFP = Big Fat Positive
BFN = Big Fat Negative
DH = Dear Husband
DD = Dear Daughter
DS = Dear Son
BD = Baby Dance
FX = Fingers Crossed
AF = Aunt Flow
OPK = Ovulation Predictor Kit
HPT = Home Pregnancy Test
FMU = First Morning Urine
BBT = Basal Body Temperature

That's all I can think of.....Hope it helps!

Hi Kadencaius heres the link for the lingo! https://www.babyandbump.com/forum-help-testing-area/730-babyandbump-lingo-abbreviations.html

Jess :flower:

Hi all.. New to this site and thought i'd come and introduce myself.. My names Karly, i'm 22, My partner and I are TTC our first and have been trying for a few years now!!
Hope everybody's well and you all get your BFP's soon xx

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site.
This is the second month of ttc so have just starting temping and using opks.
Hope everyone gets their BFP this month!

im tasha 20 comeing up 21 and new to the site and thort i say i bag fat HELLO to everyone. well iv bee ofthe pill for over 2 years and my body has just got back in to full swing with things again. me and my partner (been together for 5 years) have been trien to concive for the past 4 mounth with no luck we are both on the vits and trien everything i have read about and no luck (just yet) just wanting to no if anyone has any info that that will help that is not on the net thanks :)

I've posted in the 'introduce yourself' section then found this bit lol

More appropriate here i think :)

Hi all i'm shell, i'm 34 and ttc #1

in my early 20's after 2 years ttc, i discovered that with my now ex i would likely never have my own child. after lots of invasive testing and on the IVF waiting list for ixi, after 9 years together our relationship broke down (not due to infertility).

I'm 4 years into a new relationship with my soul mate who has 2 gorgeous boys and we are ttc.

I'm 8dpo and have had many symptoms - hence looking up weird stuff on the internet as i have never experienced what any stage of pregnancy fells like and wondered if it was all in my head as i wanted it so badly (the mind is a dangerous place lol)

I'm due AF in around 4/5 days (i have a 23/24 day cycle) I've had some spotting which turned into a light bleed for a few hours, so i thought i was out this month, however it has since stopped again and am so confused!! Am i still in or am i out?? feels like the hocky coky right now lol

Anyway thanks for reading and will browse for advice, tips and how to stay sane during this emotional rollercoaster!

Anyone with experiences of the bleeding i would appreciate your comments (or point me to a thread already started) on how it was for you?

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->