Welcome to Trying To Conceive #1

Hi I'm Claire 21 and have been desperate for a baby for years. I have been with my partner 6 yrs. We agreed to start trying in 2013 but have just brought it forward in case it takes ages to conceive. I took my last pill on April 13th and had withdrawal bleed April 16th-20th. I was guna take the laid back approach but have just bought a clear blue ovulation test in my lunch break. Did the test and no signs of ovulation. Should I wait for my first proper period before testing for ovulation? Completely new to this... Is any1 in the same boat or have any thoughts?!

FX'D for you also
lots and lots of :dust: your way...
i read almost the same exact thing u just sent me :)

Hey Claire1001 :)
If you´re actively :sex: with your OH, then I don´t think you need to worry about this at all :)
I´m following a "schedule" where I start :sex: on day 8 (I started on day 4 though... just to be sure, since my cycle is very short),
Then we BD every other day until Ovulation, or about day 12-14 of the cycle.
Then 3 days in a row, one day off, and then every other day for about a week after :)

Should work like a charm :)

Thank u for ur reply preg_pilot. Do u mind me asking how old u are, how long you've been trying and whether u were on bcp?

HEY ladies. ok so I'm so confused I've never charted or anything until this month the hubby and i decided we are going to try and conceive! i mean we haven't ever taken precautions if it happens it happens but now we are trying so I'm charting and temping and all that. i had a mc around this time last year. but i don't have pcos or anything my doctor says everything looks great i am on my first month of fertibella I'm going to post a link to my chart if someone wants to take a look and tell me what they think! my temps have been all over the place but i believe i o'd on cd 19 i got a +opk that day and have bd a LOT since then and even before. [= good luck to all you ladies and lots of baby dust! <3 My Ovulation Chart

Hi there. It sounds like you did EVERYTHING right. I'm not really good yet at reading the charts so i couldn't really say. My chart seems all over the place too. This is my first month charting. Good luck!!!

Hi Ladies. Im 30 and have 60+ day cycles. Sometimes my period only comes a few times a year. I'm not sure if I am ovulating. I plan on getting tests to check that. In the mean time, I am taking fertil aid. I am bout 3 weeks into now. Still no AF. Have felt some minor effects, but nothing note worthy. Has anyone been about to get prego from Fertil Aid with out getting AF first? I am only asking because I know its possible. I just had hoped I would see results by now, either being prego or at least seeing AF come. :blush:

Thank u for ur reply preg_pilot. Do u mind me asking how old u are, how long you've been trying and whether u were on bcp?

No problem :)
I´m 30 years old, will be 31 in november.
First time to try, (we didn´t try the first month, just waited for AF to show), and only got off BCP 2 months ago. (was on pills and shots for 13 years)
My first cycle was 24 days, but I have no idea how long this one will be. I´m counting on it being 24 days again :) Here´s to hoping.
I´m using OPK´s to try to track my ovulation, as I always wake up at different times of the day. (no good for temping)...

This is our first official month of trying. I´ll know what´s what on the 12th of may. Will keep you posted :)

Hello ladies,
I went in for insemmination today...it it normal that I had a lot of discharge after the insemmination? And that when I wiped it was pinkish? Thanks

Hello ladies,
I went in for insemmination today...it it normal that I had a lot of discharge after the insemmination? And that when I wiped it was pinkish? Thanks

It can happen that they scratch your cervix, and it´s bleeding slightly. Nothing dangerous.

Hi everyone! First time TTC. I have PCOS and do not ovulate. I'm going on my 8th month on Clomid. Started @ 50mg and now up to 150mg/day. Past week & a half I've been nauseous, fatigue, dizzy, lightheaded, gagging, occasional cramping & diarreah and have an increased sensitivity to smell!! I took a test on 7/10 (5days before AF) and it was negative. AF is suppose to start on 7/15. Maybe I tested too early or maybe these are just some side effects from the higher dose of Clomid, I don't know. I'm so nervous and notice that it gets more and more emotionally stressful every month. This last month visit to my Obgyn was very hard on me because I got another BFN. It's finally taking it's toll on me. Especially when my sister just had a baby less than a month ago :( I'm looking for support. Thanks you guys!

Have u tried fertilaid? Heard it works really fast.

First I would like to say that I have been actively ttc for the last 6 months bf and I have been together for going on 6 years. 3 1/2 of these yrs we weren't trying but had plans on getting pregnant with the mindset of if it happens were ready for it. I've never been on any kind of birth control. I think my bf wants a baby more than me but I haven't given up.This is my last cycle of ttc before clomid. I spoke to my ob about me ttc and the fact that i've never been pregnant and she had me do blood work on 4/16/12 on day 3 of my cycle and I go in 5/3/12 for day 21 blood work. Im praying that i get pregnant this cycle to not take clomid next cycle because it increases multiples. But to let everyone know what i'm trying this cycle just incase it works for me i'm taking DreamQuest ProCreation its a multivitamin & mineral fertility support day 1-9, prenatal vitamins day 10-bfp or af,1 daily baby aspirin,and 1 1200mg mucinex daily also using preseed before and after bd something i came up with on my own also the SMEP,I considering using raw egg whites for 1 bd but im unsure yet. I always a have cycle from 25-30 never later or earlier or missed any. The last 6 months have been 28 days.I've never been pregnant not even a chemical pregnancy.I don't tempt just ov predictors. I also have my bf taking DreamQuest Procreation for males just in-case anything could help. If you have any questions feel free to ask also i think i have tried everything there is lol looking for some support thanks

Hello to all, my name is Maria and I just wanted to pop in and say hi!

This is our first month of trying. We've been waiting to try since late December and I'm really excited to finally be here! I've been busy trying to be healthier, popping vitamins left right and centre and tracking my cycle and bbt. I wonder if all my reading and research will actually have a positive effect? ;)

Fingers crossed for a smooth ride and Good Luck to everyone!

I finally found a possible donor but have a few questions. Where would I post the questions? As I do not want to annoy anyone by misposting.

@readytottc,
Feel free to private message me your questions and I will answer based on my experience..however, I think that by asking your question on a forum like this may be useful to more than just you...so ask away and we'll answer. Private message if you feel more comfortable doing so that way. Good luck to you!

well i am not the type to have anything to hide, just didnt want to ruffle any feathers...

one of my biggest concerns is, i have searched for about 4 years for a donor that i felt comfortable with, i'd kind of like to know the person but not be too up close and personal with them...enough to know i can trust them...

well i finally found a donor but the only problem (otherwise, this gentleman is absolutely everything ive wanted in a donor, and more) is that this man is pretty up there in age...

now i dont mind so much the age because well, as long as the swimmers work, im fine with that...its not going to be done the old fashion way (me being a lesbian and all anti-penis as my friends call it lol) but i was told that as a guy ages, there is more chance of it causing harm to the baby if you get pregnant? like there is a possibility that there will be something wrong with the child? if i have a child and it has mental or physical difficulties, thats fine, but i dont want to purposefully cause it...should i keep looking?

another question, seeing as its my first time, what should i look for in the tests? from most of the forums, ive kinda figured that a woman ovulates about half way through her cycle? i just started my cycle yesterday so that gives me a few weeks or atleast until the middle of next cycle to figure this out.right? ..i want to do this pretty soon...

and i may not be the brightest crayon in the pack, but i honestly cannot figure out what "soft cups" are....thats what i see used in alot of the at home ai success stories...so whatever it is, i know i need it.....so urm...what is it?

ive held off for one reason or another (generally a partner that changed their mind on children half way through the relationship) and i now know im ready...im mentally, physically, emotionally (well as good as its gonna get lol), and even somewhat financially ready...i just dont want to do this blindly....

but if You could answer the mens age question, that'd be amazing as that is my biggest fear...

thanks in advance

Readytottc

well i am not the type to have anything to hide, just didnt want to ruffle any feathers...

one of my biggest concerns is, i have searched for about 4 years for a donor that i felt comfortable with, i'd kind of like to know the person but not be too up close and personal with them...enough to know i can trust them...

well i finally found a donor but the only problem (otherwise, this gentleman is absolutely everything ive wanted in a donor, and more) is that this man is pretty up there in age...

now i dont mind so much the age because well, as long as the swimmers work, im fine with that...its not going to be done the old fashion way (me being a lesbian and all anti-penis as my friends call it lol) but i was told that as a guy ages, there is more chance of it causing harm to the baby if you get pregnant? like there is a possibility that there will be something wrong with the child? if i have a child and it has mental or physical difficulties, thats fine, but i dont want to purposefully cause it...should i keep looking?

another question, seeing as its my first time, what should i look for in the tests? from most of the forums, ive kinda figured that a woman ovulates about half way through her cycle? i just started my cycle yesterday so that gives me a few weeks or atleast until the middle of next cycle to figure this out.right? ..i want to do this pretty soon...

and i may not be the brightest crayon in the pack, but i honestly cannot figure out what "soft cups" are....thats what i see used in alot of the at home ai success stories...so whatever it is, i know i need it.....so urm...what is it?

ive held off for one reason or another (generally a partner that changed their mind on children half way through the relationship) and i now know im ready...im mentally, physically, emotionally (well as good as its gonna get lol), and even somewhat financially ready...i just dont want to do this blindly....

but if You could answer the mens age question, that'd be amazing as that is my biggest fear...

thanks in advance

Readytottc

Female fact: we´re born with a finite amount of eggs.
Male fact: they make new spermies each time they "get it on".
So, I would say it´s perfectly safe to use spermies from an older man.

I must say though, that I´m not an expert at these matters, this is just my understandings of what I´ve read about conception, eggs and sperms.

Ovulation usually happens 14 days before Auntie Flo shows up, so it depends on your cycle length when ovulation takes place.
If your cycle length is 28 days (start of flow, to start of next flow), then Ovulation supposedly happens on the 13th-14th day.
It can vary a day or two in either direction.
The only way to know for sure is to track your Basal Body Temperature (BBT), or use OPK´s (ovulation predictor kits). I have no idea how to BBT, so you´d have to ask someone else about that.

Soft cups, are just that. Soft cups that you insert into your vagina after intercourse to keep the sperms close to the cervix. Makes it easier for them to get to the egg.
Soft cups are used, I believe, also during periods to collect the menstrual blood, and can be discarded after each time. It is my understanding that they´re not very expensive.
Mooncup is the same thing. I think it´s just the european version of softcups.
Mooncup is slightly deeper than softcups, so it doesn´t keep the sperms as close as softcups do.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->